Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Empty
PostSubject: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 pm

CRAZY CRAZY NEWS!! WOW! WOW!

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20090420-OHT1T00052.htm

According to this article, Miki says "I want to practice both the quad toe loop and quad loop a little bit." The article also says that Miki has been landing the 3A in practice but is afraid to do it in her program.

http://www.47news.jp/CN/200904/CN2009041901000456.html
This article adds that Morozov has been telling her to do the 3A, but she's afraid and prefers to try the quads.

Wow, well, I'm always for challenges, so I support Miki in her bid to push the technical barrier Thumbs up!, but at the same time, I hope she doesn't get injured! affraid Here's to wishing for a healthy season for Miki! Yep!

As for what this means for Mao - hmm...well, I'm not sure it means much other than that she's got to add in some difficulty to her LP and make sure she nails her jumps. If Miki gets a quad consistently and maxes out the difficulty in her other elements, the base value of her program will exceed Mao's.

Though I also feel that if Miki gets a quad loop, that will really really push Mao to try to do the same...eventually. Mao doesn't really like the toe loop or the salchow, but she loves the loop...so if Miki gets a quad loop, I think Mao will want to try too. But that's just my speculation. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
CRAZY CRAZY NEWS!! WOW! WOW!

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20090420-OHT1T00052.htm

According to this article, Miki says "I want to practice both the quad toe loop and quad loop a little bit." The article also says that Miki has been landing the 3A in practice but is afraid to do it in her program.

http://www.47news.jp/CN/200904/CN2009041901000456.html
This article adds that Morozov has been telling her to do the 3A, but she's afraid and prefers to try the quads.

Wow, well, I'm always for challenges, so I support Miki in her bid to push the technical barrier Thumbs up!, but at the same time, I hope she doesn't get injured! affraid Here's to wishing for a healthy season for Miki! Yep!

As for what this means for Mao - hmm...well, I'm not sure it means much other than that she's got to add in some difficulty to her LP and make sure she nails her jumps. If Miki gets a quad consistently and maxes out the difficulty in her other elements, the base value of her program will exceed Mao's.

Though I also feel that if Miki gets a quad loop, that will really really push Mao to try to do the same...eventually. Mao doesn't really like the toe loop or the salchow, but she loves the loop...so if Miki gets a quad loop, I think Mao will want to try too. But that's just my speculation. Sweatdrop

lol! great news!!!, but how she is afraid of the triple axel and no quads? scratch However, if she decide don´t do it in competition, at least they should show us videos, Worship Happy dance 4 loop
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Too many if-s for all this to mean something for Mao. Smile What you do at practices and what you jump at actual competitions (especially Olympics) - are two completely different things. The best example: Miki's own trademark 4S.
In my opinion, her only chances to get into the Olympic fight for medals between Mao, Kim and Rochette is to forget about 4S and, preferably after messing up the GP season, to come to Vancouver once again forgotten by everyone (people forget everything quite fast these days, so failing the GP would be enough I think Rolling Eyes).
The only question here (at least for me): how exactly the new underrotation rules will work. This moment might change if not everything, but quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 am

summervie wrote:
The only question here (at least for me): how exactly the new underrotation rules will work. This moment might change if not everything, but quite a lot.
That's already been discussed pretty extensively in the general news thread - in any case, I think its safe to say that the general scores for next season will go up in the ladies discipline, as there are many skaters that can land clean jumps but unfortunately get the UR call. Long overdue, IMO as well, but better late than never, and I'm relieved it will take place during the Olympic season. Wink

I don't actually think this will really pressure Mao at all, but I do wish all the best to Miki since she is one of my favorites out of the current crop of skaters. Not to mention she is constantly battling with her shoulder injury [semi-permanent] and that this is highly likely to be her final year as a competitive skater. I love you

And to be honest, I have always wondered why it IS the sal she made into a quad. The sal (and to a lesser extent the loop) has clearly been Miki's favorite jump but there's a reason why the quad the males jump is almost always the toeloop. I would imagine the toeloop will be much easier for Miki in terms of a) actually landing the quad and b) keeping a straight axis in the air compared to the 4 salchow, so I'll be curious to see where this goes! Razz
Back to top Go down
zooma

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 am

IF Ando can land the quad regularly, it's a good option. The new rule will give her more points even if they are called UR'ed. Including a quad virtually allows her to repeat three triples. The judges might even give higher PCS to make up for her guts.

Practicing the 4T and the 4Lp could be useful methods to make +3T(Lp) combos more consistent. But I think she should stop the 3Lz+3Lo at least until the Olympics. The 3Lz+3T seems more realistic after watching a superb 2A+3T at Worlds.

Some sources say that Ando is landing the 3A in practice. There's no doubt rotating 3.5 times in the air is easier than four times. The problem is landing on one foot. I don't exclude the possiblity of the 3A from Ando. At least she's not in the position to medal by playing it safe. Just imagine, Ando landing a 3A at official practice sessions can be a fierce psychological attack againt her rivals (including Mao). The judge should be impressed strongly.

A jump layout like this is reasonable enough.

3Lz+3T
4S<
3F
2A+3T
3Lo
3Lz
3S+2Lo+2Lo
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Maybe it's me being paranoid/delusional, but I think there's a chance that Miki pulls off the 4S or some quad at the Olympics. Sweatdrop

Kozuka said that "'Never' is a word that doesn't exist at the Olympics - and I know he meant that skaters that "never" make mistakes end up making mistakes, but the opposite is often true too - skaters you "never" thought would win pull out the most amazing skates, and they walk away with gold.

I do wonder if the Olympics will be like 2007 Worlds. Both Mao and Yu-Na will likely be favorites as they were then, they will be under tremendous pressure, and it will be their first appearance at the Olympics. There might be an opportunity for Miki to seize gold if Mao/Yu-Na falter and Miki skates 2 clean programs. (And arguably, the same could be said for Joannie, and I dread to think so, but Kostner too.) And if Mao/Yu-Na don't falter, but Miki pulls off all her jumps and the quad, then she might seize it anyway.

So you're right, summervie, it might be an almost non-existent possibility, but it is a possibility, and seemingly impossible things tend to happen at Olympics...

That's why I think Mao needs to increase the difficulty of her LP jumps (ie, add in 3F-3T and 3Lz) - that way the difference in base value between her jumps and Miki's is miniscule, and more importantly, she widens her base value advantage over Yu-Na by A LOT.

So yes, I don't think Mao should necessarily worry about Miki, but I think she should up her game all the same...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!   Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki to practice a 4T and a 4Lo and maybe do a 3A too!!!
Page 1 of 1