Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Miki Ando interview Empty
PostSubject: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Miki Ando was on "Hanamaru Cafe" on May 1st.sunny

Here are the video clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26x_Un2lqQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVmqB4mpz4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P00ac6EMWGk

In the first clip:
Arrow They ask about her shoulder, and she says it is better now, but it won't be completely healed unless she gets surgery, so for now she just goes to the hospital to get treatment so that it doesn't hurt much.

Arrow Miki brought in some sweet for them to try, and they ask if she eats sweets during the season. She says she does, but she keeps it a secret from her coach. Razz

Arrow They show more previews of the "Tokyo Friend Park" show and ask Miki if it was fun. She says that her grandmother really liked this show, so they used to watch it together, and appearing on it was sort of a dream for her. Miki says that the quiz game was the hardest, and that she felt strangely nervous.

Arrow At 5:20, they ask her what she talks about with the others, starting with Kozuka. Miki replies, "Hmm, what do we talk about…strange things, I guess, funny things….Oda likes to joke around a lot - he's from Kansai after all. Three of us are Nagoya people--excluding Oda, we are all from Nagoya and attend the same university, and we're together at the rink. We don't really talk about a bunch of stuff, just whatever's happening at that time.

Q: What do you talk about with Mao Asada?

Miki: We don't really talk much, but we talk about fashion, or what kind of stores we go to in Nagoya, or that kind of thing. [She said "hanashi o sasete itadakimasu" - it seemed a little strange for her to use humble form when talking about Mao, who's younger than her, and like her little sister, but then again, she talks like that throughout most of the interview...Interesting. Shocked ]

Q: After taping [Tokyo Friend Park], did you go anywhere with Mao Asada, Nobunari Oda, and Takahiko Kozuka?
Miki: No.

Q: What about during the World Team Trophy?
Miki: We went to practice darts. Mao is 18 [underage], so she said she couldn't stay long, and after that, me, Kozuka and Oda went to practice air hockey.
[Aww, poor Mao. I'm sure she would've wanted to go! Wub]
Then Miki said she was more nervous than at the competitions! lol!

Arrow Apparently Miki practices at the Chuukyou rink from midday - Taka-chan practices in the morning, then Mao, then Miki. Interesting!

In the second clip:

Arrow Miki says she puts on her left boot first, and that she likes to have the purple part of the blade guard in front on the right side, and the clear part of the blade guard on front on the left side. Laughing

Arrow At 3:00, Q: Did you started skating because of your own wish/desire?
Miki: I started skating because my friend invited me - it was like "let's learn how to skate" and "Huh? Okay!". We learned how to draw together, and did ballet together - that kind of thing.

The video is of Miki Ando from elementary school, when she first landed a triple loop. Miki thinks it's like 1-2 years after she started skating. (A triple loop after 1-2 years of skating?! WOW!)

At 3:38, Miki: The reason I thought, I want to be a skater, was because I went to skating school. What made me think I'd became a skater was because the teacher at the school was a really cute teacher, and I told my mom something like, "I was invited by the cute teacher, so I want you to let me do it." So it wasn't because I had an interest in skating, but because the teacher was cute, and I thought "I want to spend time with her."

This made me ROTFLMAO, but it also explained a lot. Maybe she likes it a lot now, but it's so different from Mao who totally loved skating, always.

And it also made me think, imagine when Mao becomes a skating coach (because she definitely will! Love Hearts) - are all those little kids going
to be like, "I have to be a skater because Mao-sensei is so cute and she told me to!" lol!

Ah - later Miki mentions that it was the same teacher that Mao had - I wonder if that is Yuko Monna that she is talking about. Hmm… Question

[That reminds me - sometime I have to translate the Junk Sports interview with Mao and Mai from like 4 years ago. Watching Coach Yamada get all excited while talking about them is really hilarious yet heartwarming!!]

Arrow It looks like Miki is good friends with a lot of Morozov's skaters!

Arrow They ask her if she's good at cooking, and she says that her family owns a cafe, so from when she was little, she had an interest in cooking and would help her grandmother, etc.

Arrow Her dogs - the top one is the one her younger brother picked. It is named Moko, because her brother's name starts with "Mo," and "ko" is for child. Miki is Miki, so her dog is Miko. Cute! Very Happy But at first she thought about naming her dog "Janet." Laughing

Arrow She says her brother and her are very different, so recently they've started talking, but when they were little, they didn't talk much.

In the third clip:

Arrow Miki thinks that she doesn't have fashion sense, even though she'd like to be fashionable! (I think I disagree!)

Arrow Miki says she likes guys whose eyes have power/guys whose eyes sparkle. She thinks eyes are the most attractive. And she's very specific about the nose type! Laughing

Arrow Miki's sign at the end thanks all her fans who are cheering for her and asks her to keep cheering for them.

Arrow The third and second-to-the-last pictures are from Miki's grandfather's restaurant. And the last if of Miki with her father and mother.
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:08 am

thanks for the translation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks Batsuchan!! Thank you!

Miki seems to be such good friends with the other Japanese skaters Razz During interviews and fluffs, I've always noticed that she is always in the centre of the group of Japanese skaters. Her bubbly personality must be one of the reasons why she is so well-liked by Team Japan. Many Hearts

She's had quite a difficult time in the past years and I'm glad she persevered. Here's to hoping to see her at the Olympics! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
Thanks Batsuchan!! Thank you!

Miki seems to be such good friends with the other Japanese skaters Razz During interviews and fluffs, I've always noticed that she is always in the centre of the group of Japanese skaters. Her bubbly personality must be one of the reasons why she is so well-liked by Team Japan. Many Hearts

It's so funny that she thinks of herself as shy (according to the long interview with Team Japan before the WTT)! She seems to get along with everyone, and she certainly talked to me and my Mom when we ran into her at Worlds! flower

I hope Miki stays relatively injury free and has a happy, healthy season! Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks for the link Batsuchan! I love you

Time to watch...
Escape

Aw, Miki looks very beautiful in this interview at Hanamaru Cafe, which is a program that airs LIVE 5 days a week from 9-10 am, IIRC. cat

I actually find it very endearing and mature that both Mao and Miki are using formal Japanese in their interviews now - there's so many young adults out there that can't seem to grasp it even after entering the work force that it's a bit jarring, so kudos to them! Thumbs up! But I must say, a triple loop after 1-2 years is... WOW!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

clovera wrote:

I actually find it very endearing and mature that both Mao and Miki are using formal Japanese in their interviews now - there's so many young adults out there that can't seem to grasp it even after entering the work force that it's a bit jarring, so kudos to them! Thumbs up! But I must say, a triple loop after 1-2 years is... WOW!

I agree, a triple loop after 1-2 years!! WOW! Miki's definitely a jumping genius!

I can't recall Mao using kenjougo [humble form] like Miki does. But I am impressed that Mao almost never refers to herself as "Mao" anymore - only when she's with Mai, it seems. flower

In the "Mao Asada, Sweet Sixteen" book, it talks about Mao being interested in studying Japanese (ie, like how we Americans have to take English class) so that she can sound more intelligent/well-spoken in her interviews. It seems to have paid off - whenever she's talking about serious things like her goals - I think she sounds quite well-spoken! sunny
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Chukkyo Figure interview with Miki Ando! Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo7QaZCtFI

Gah, no time to translate, but she basically says that when she lost motivation at the end of last season, Morozov told her that Worlds happens every year (so it's no big deal), *our* goal is the Olympics, and Miki was touched that he had faith in her like that, so then she felt like working hard again.

She also says she wants to do the quad because it's the thing that only she can do (and they've loosened the downgrade rule a little bit).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando interview   Miki Ando interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando interview
Page 1 of 1