Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!

Go down 
+60
alex1
SoMiTripleAxel
Yschntä
Haidogirl
aoi88
Oscilla
chocomilk
mingming
supportmaoasada
illani
MikiAndoFan#1
sweetdream
will_power
NarumiAyane
jirachiness
ddmm
sofia
kirakira
chizu
Olive
dlnnyc
Clair de Lune
coconut
itcaip
e2girl
kaarolcia
murasaki
kawaiimao
bekalc
Mirai
chiyori
☆Genie
dangerous_angel_face
josling
Okami
sky
coolmeia
chineseteacup
maowataiyo
snowdrops24
tokitama
bellarina
hastaluego06
polosatik
sumin
inskate
Vash01
mika
chapis
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
summervie
Liffey
clovera
BowbowDaijin
sapphiresky
roma
tianrushui
bibi
Batsuchan
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:40 pm

supportmaoasada wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMr4g-_-vw

have you guys watched this?
I think it is uploaded yesterday!

Thanks for the link, supportmaoasada!

But since I don't understand Japanese, I have to ask those who do to translate Thank you!

The eel lunchbox towards the end looks delicious. I'm feeling hungry now. Razz

And the analysis of Mao's skates was very fascinating!
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:11 am

supportmaoasada wrote:

Thank you for the link, supportmaoasada! flower

I don't understand Japanes too, but it sounds really interesting!

And now I'm sure that I have the same skates like Mao!! Hell, no! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:32 am

Here is an article about Maos training situation and what the JSF president Seiko Hashimoto thinks about her situation now.
I think a lot of people here in the forum read this already but for these who didn't ... here:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20091125it.html

Quote :
Ice Time spoke with Brian Orser, the coach of Kim Yu Na, in Nagano about Mao and he made it clear that he thought her fans shouldn't panic just yet.

"Three months is a long time in this business," Orser noted. "These things can change back around."

When I pointed out to him that Mao would likely have only one chance to skate competitively (at nationals) before the Olympics, unless she took part in the Four Continents Championship in South Korea in late January, Orser made no secret of his thoughts.

"It's too close to the Games for anybody participating," he said. "There is just no way."

I think Brain Orser is totally right and we all just should support her in that difficult times. And I still believe Mao will stand in the middle of the podium in Vancouver. Yep!

Quote :
John F. Kennedy once said, "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan."

That's is really nice said, too. Thumbs up!

Just go forward, Mao! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 pm

josling wrote:
Here is an article about Maos training situation and what the JSF president Seiko Hashimoto thinks about her situation now.
I think a lot of people here in the forum read this already but for these who didn't ... here:

Quote :
Ice Time spoke with Brian Orser, the coach of Kim Yu Na, in Nagano about Mao and he made it clear that he thought her fans shouldn't panic just yet.

"Three months is a long time in this business," Orser noted. "These things can change back around."

When I pointed out to him that Mao would likely have only one chance to skate competitively (at nationals) before the Olympics, unless she took part in the Four Continents Championship in South Korea in late January, Orser made no secret of his thoughts.

"It's too close to the Games for anybody participating," he said. "There is just no way."

I think Brain Orser is totally right and we all just should support her in that difficult times. And I still believe Mao will stand in the middle of the podium in Vancouver. Yep!

Quote :
John F. Kennedy once said, "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan."

Thanks for the article! sunny

Unfortunately, I sort of equate the writer of this article with Phil Hersh ( Rolling Eyes ), but it did have some interesting stuff, like Orser's quote. I too question if going to 4CCs would be wise. I trust Mao to know what's best for her, though. I do think if she does well at nationals she probably won't need to go to 4CCs.

I also commend Orser on being honest about how Mao may will turn things around. Wink Some may think he's being PC, but he's LIVED this stuation before, so he knows what can change more than anyone. He was looking better than Brian Boitano in the fall competitions of the 1988 Olympic season. And guess who won the Olympics that year? It wasn't Orser. Razz

The BEST thing about that article though was that picture of Mao- I've never seen that before. I loved her shirt and her entire practice outfit, and her expression is FIERCE! Batsuchan, I think that may be what you were refering to about wanting Mao to be "angry." Wink She looks super fierce, focused, and motivated in that photo!!

But man, give the change coach thing a rest. Does he write about anything else? Seriously! ROTFLMAO Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 pm

supportmaoasada wrote:

What's Yuka and the skate guy saying about Mao?
What's Mao saying?
Is anything anyone else says important?
Are those Maos skates?
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

josling wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

I like what Brian said too, and I think he's right. I really hope the JSF does NOT send Mao to the four continents. Not only is the timing of the competition not good, but it also tells me that they are not sure they want to send Mao to the Olympics. If they were 100% sure they wanted to send her to the Olympics, they probably wouldn't want to send her to four continents. I think by doing so, that would mean that they want to see her compete more before the Olympics to help make up their minds. But if she wins nationals, I don't think they will send her to four continents. That's just my opinion.

This paragraph kind of startled me at first:
"As if all of this weren't enough, an Ice Time reader sent us a story earlier this month that appeared in the Russian media where Tarasova was supposedly quoted as saying, "I'm not Mao's coach, I'm just a consultant."
But I don't think that quote is accurate. I do wish Mao were getting more time with Tat though.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Man, I've been super super busy at work!

I am very sad to hear about TAT's sister. My condolences definitely go out to her.

Thanks for the link josling! flower

Though I don't put much weight on what Jack Gallagher writes anymore.

As for 4CC--I just hope that the JSF does what Mao wants. So if Mao thinks going to 4CC will help her get into competition mode for the Olympics (or allow her test out new programs..?), then I think she should go. If she doesn't want to go, then she shouldn't go. I'm sure they'll send Mao to the Olympics if she's healthy, so I don't think they're planning to send her to 4CC *instead* of the Olympics.

@ Liffey - yes, that is the "fighter" look that I want Mao to have! Very Happy

Ok, here is the full translation of the latest Mao-rashiku ("Mao-like") article that was mentioned earlier:

http://www.asahi.com/olympics/columns/mao_asada/TKY200911240169.html

[Mao-like] The triple axel—I want to get it back; even in a slump, “with this song”

[Picture caption #1] It’s said she began making adjustments to her programs after the Cup of Russia concluded on October 26. Asada said “I am changing my feelings in order to face the National Championships.” = Chuukyou University, photographed by Sakagami.

[Picture caption #2] Asada listens to Coach Folle’s instructions. Almost everyday, she practices running through her short and free programs. However, she says, “Once a week I definitely take an off-day.” = Chuukyou University, photographed by Sakagami.

[Box] This season’s program layouts

Short program
1) 3A+2T
2) 3F
3) Spin
4) Spiral sequence
5) 2A
6) Spin
7) Step sequence
8 ) Spin

Free program
1) 3A+2T
2) 3A
3) 3F+2Lo
4) Spin
5) Spiral
6)* 3Lo
7)* 3F+2Lo+2Lo
8 )* 3T
9)* 2A
10) Spin
11) Step sequence
12) Spin

There are changes to her program layouts. 3 indicates triple jump, 2 indicates double jump. * indicates that the base value is multiplied by 1.1 because it’s a jump in the second half of the program, which is tough on the body.

You can call it her first “slump.” But it’s during the opening of the Vancouver Olympic season, which she has prepared for over many years. Against that backdrop, Mao Asada (Chuukyou University) continues to focus on the triple axel and those songs. That reason is…

Right now, she spends very day engrossed in skating at the Chuukyou University ice rink in Aichi Prefecture’s Toyota city. For the sake of getting back the triple axel, the 3.5 revolution jump that is her strength.

“After watching the videos from the competitions in France and Russia, I realized that my jumps did not have the sharpness they do when they’re at their best. The axel, and the flip—I want to be able to jump higher and with good form.

At the Trophee Eric Bompard she finished 2nd to Yu-Na Kim (Korea) by a large margin, and at the Rostelecom Cup, she finished 5th, and “unthinkably,” she blamed her jumps. In practice, her triple axels had been solid. However, in the competition, she says “my approach/the path [for the axel] got messed up.” “If I start thinking I want to rotate (in the air) no matter what, my approach will tend toward the inside, or it’ll get disturbed and tend toward the outside. But my approach for the triple axel should be perpendicular to the boards.” It was difficult to fix this within a short period of time.

On November 2, Shanette Folle came to Japan. Her Russian coach, Tatiana Tarasova was extremely busy and could not come, so in her place, the assistant coach (and Mao) made detailed adjustments to her short and free programs.

Her desire to challenge herself by doing a combined three triple-axels over her short and free programs has not changed. It’s because she thinks, with the skills that I have, it’s the layout where I can receive the highest number of points. If I continue doing it everyday, it’s something I can do.” “[We did things like] fixing the entrance to the jumps and the steps. In particularly, we shortened the step sequence from 45 seconds to 38 seconds.” By giving herself some extra time to take on the triple axel, she is aiming to land the combination in the short program consistently.

She won’t change the music either.

She revealed this on the night of October 25. After the exhibition at the Rostelecom Cup, from 11 P.M. she discussed with Coach Tarasova for almost an hour. She was asked, “Do you want to change the music?” She immediately replied, “I like this program, so I have no intention of changing it. I think I can do it, so I will do it.”

“I haven’t performed it perfectly yet, so to change it is unthinkable. I’ve been skating to this song all through the off-season, and I can’t be satisfied by redoing something that has already become muscle memory. I don’t want to waste that effort I have put in each and every day.”

The truth is, Rachmaninoff’s “Bells of Moscow,” which she is using in her free program, has a connection with “perfect”: Michelle Kwan (USA), the 5-time World Champion who was called “Miss Perfect.” The free program that Coach Tarasova had prepared for her for the 2006 Torino Olympics was “Bells.” But, in the end, Kwan did not go to the Torino Olympics. It is that “phantom work”, which Coach Tarasova entrusted to her full of expectations, that Asada is reacting to.

“Up to now, Tarasova-sensei has created programs that make a mark on history like (Salt Lake City gold medalist) Yagudin’s ‘Man in the Iron Mask’ or Shizuka Arakawa’s ‘Turnadot.’ Sensei recommended ‘Bells’ to me, and I want to do a program that remains in people’s hearts. With this song, I want to do my best performance, and make a work of art.”

After she returned from the disappointing Cup of Russia, at the press conference at Narita Airport, Asada repeated the phrase “A hundred times out of a hundred” four times. When she appeared as a new star, a new hope, and won the Grand Prix Final at age 15, “no mistakes” was her favorite phrase. Even though she’s now 19, even in the middle of a slump, her thoughts about being “perfect” have not wavered at all. (Takeshi Sakagami)

They are trying to give her more time throughout the whole program so that she can complete each jump and element properly. The 7th element in her short program, the step sequence, was 45 seconds long. They have shortened it to 38 seconds, with the goal of lessening the psychological burden of, “I have to complete the previous elements one after the other [in order to leave time for the step sequence].” They have also been making detailed adjustments to her jump entrances and her spiral sequence. At the beginning of the program, there are many skaters who do quads or other difficult jumps, and in Asada’s case, she is doing the triple axel. If they can create some time for her to relax, then it will be easier for her to focus on the big elements—that is their thinking.

Well, that article just left me in a very bad mood. I apologize in advance for my very negative comments below. Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Kopfschuettel

Mao, you already do programs that leave a deep impression on people’s hearts!!!

This article reminded me of my #1 issue with Mao’s programs this year, which a number of you have also pointed out—I just don’t think you can create a “champion’s program” and then try to impose it onto Mao, which is what this article suggests TAT has done (with Mao’s more-than-willing participation). I think you have to start from, “This is Mao, and this is how she skates.”

Sadly, while TAT may have realized this and wanted to change the programs, Mao is just way too stubborn to let it go. On the one hand, I do admire Mao’s determination, but I think that in this case there’s a thin line between perseverance and foolishness. Sometimes it’s better to admit defeat and move on.

Furthermore, I calculated the base value of Mao’s jump layout for the FS and found that it’s only about 1.4 point above Yu-Na’s base value. Given Yu-Na’s GOE and PCS advantages, I don’t think that’s going to be enough to beat her, and it really pains me to say that. Crying or Very sad

If Mao had two programs that really suited her and really brought out the beauty of her skating, I would fully believe that Mao should win if both she and Yu-Na skated their best. Yep! But with her current programs, if both skate perfectly, I don’t think she stands a chance. pale

But to tell the truth, I think the Olympics might unfold just like 2007 Worlds: Yu-Na sets a world record in the short and implodes in the long, Mao messes up the short and sets a world record in the long and vaults to 1st, and then Miki (or Joannie?) does pretty good in both and ends up winning.

Ok, now I think I will go crawl into a hole and cry now... Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Ok, I guess I lied... Sweatdrop

There was a really cute/funny quote from Kanako Murakami in an interview in the magazine/book "Figure Skating Fan Book 2010," which some fan posted on their blog.

http://figureskating.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-11-24

[I think they are talking about going to the Olympics.]
"Eh, it'll be our turn in 4 years? Yes, but, I don't know if I'll still be skating then. Four years--I wonder if I can continue for that long… If I were to keep skating, then I want to try my best. But if Mao-chan is around…it's impossible! If Mao-chan were in the same competition, I'd definitely be nervous and it'd be no good! No matter how much I try, I think it's impossible to beat Mao-chan. I think I'd really have to try hard. I'll try to do the best that I can. But probably, it's absolutely impossible. No matter how many points I get, I think I'll say, "It's impossible, after all." Because Mao-chan is a genius skater. I am… an idiot skater! Machiko-sensei and I can form a comic duo!"

ROTFLMAO Really, I would like to see a Kanako-Machiko comic duo. Though I think a Kanako-Machiko-Mao comic TRIO would be absolutely hilarious. ROTFLMAO

It's cute that she refers to herself as "Kana," the way Mao used to refer to herself as "Mao." Many Hearts

Also - I just figured out that my absolute favorite ballerina, Diana Vishneva, performed "Sleeping Beauty" in Nagoya last Sunday. If Mao went to see that performance, OMG, I would just die!! My two idols in one place!! Faint2
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Thanks for the translation Batsuchan!

Although you have valid points, I actually had a possitive feeling after I read the article. The article overall had a possitive air about it. It sounds like Mao, and her team are making progress in the right direction, and correcting problems.

I do agree with you about the song. Although I totally understand that Mao doesn't want to give up on "Bells" and leave it forever more as a failure, I think she would have been better off changing it to something better, and more suited for her while she had time. But I would also like to see her pull it off great, which is her goal. So I guess that's that.

I also agree with you on the number points she can get, and how it's narrowly more than Yuna, excluding GOE and PCS. But Mao is already doing three 3As. What more can she really do at this point, with only three months to the olympics? Like she said, "with the skills that I have, it’s the layout where I can receive the highest number of points. If I continue doing it everyday, it’s something I can do.” I think the key is not only for her to get her 3A back, but to clean up all the little things the judges keep dinging her on like wrong edges and underotations. And of course, overcoming her mental problem.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Quote :
@ Liffey - yes, that is the "fighter" look that I want Mao to have!

Me too! So I made it into my new avatar! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Ok, I guess I lied... Sweatdrop

There was a really cute/funny quote from Kanako Murakami in an interview in the magazine/book "Figure Skating Fan Book 2010," which some fan posted on their blog.

http://figureskating.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-11-24

Thank you so much for this!
Reading this really made me smile. Kanako is such a character!
Mao certainly is a genius, but you still have so much time to prove yourself, too, Kana-chan!! ROTFLMAO

~~~~~~~~~
About the Mao article...
With the base value difference, the last thing I want is for Mao to feel helpless. For her to start thinking, "No matter how hard I try, I can't beat Yu-Na" would be diasterous. From the JSF, her own self-goals and the fear of dissapointing her fans have already been huge mental blows.

While being stubborn and not changing the program may not be the most calculated logical thing at the moment, the fact that she is being so firm in her descision is just awesome. She's got a determined attitude, one of someone who is so annoyed by something that they end up focusing on it even harder and trying. This is definitely a good sign, I believe, against the "Yu-Na is better no matter what" theory.

I also loved the picture because it demonstrated that fire. And if that is her "practice" face, that is pretty amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Liffey, I LOVE your avatar.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks for the translation, Batsuchan Thank you!

And, Re: "Fierce Mao" - Sorry, Mao, even when you try to look fierce, I still think you look really cute Razz

Now, about the article -

Like many others, I am concerned over the long-distance coaching situation with TAT. However, I trust that having Assistant Coach Folle around at Mao's practice sessions is like having a full-time coach, so I'm not overly worried.

Opinions on her 'Bells' program continue to be divided. Personally, I really look forward to seeing what the "perfect" 'Bells' program looks like. If Mao can really pull it off in time for the Olympics, it'll still be the most noteworthy performance of the night, regardless of whether it gets her the gold.

By that, I mean that I think Mao has the most interesting and complex long program out of all the ladies competing at the moment. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, and it may not be "Mao-like", but I personally think that it's so much more memorable than the LPs that have been getting higher marks.

But will the 'Bells' guarantee her the gold at the Olympics? Frankly, I don't know.

Perhaps things would have been a lot easier if Mao had stuck with music that suited her, or, as Batsuchan said, if TAT had constructed her programs around who Mao is, rather than hand them over ready-made to Mao. And maybe this very fact will determine whether or not Mao wins the gold.

But Mao hasn't lost until she's lost. And Yu-Na hasn't won until she's won.

Which basically means nothing, but everything as well.

Keep strong, Mao!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 pm

Liffey, I love your avatar! As well as being fierce, I think that pic of her is also like, "the sexy side of Mao" lol. Smile Which are both sides of her we don't get to see very often.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Star85 wrote:
Liffey, I love your avatar! As well as being fierce, I think that pic of her is also like, "the sexy side of Mao" lol. Smile Which are both sides of her we don't get to see very often.

Thanks! ITA. I think that pic shows her at her most focused, her most fierce. There's something about her eyes in that photo... something that says I will not give in-- I WILL overcome.

Anyways, seeing that photo of Mao made my day. She looks so strong, so beautiful, and yes, a little sexy! But I also agree with chineseteacup that she always looks cute. Mao has a bit of everything! sunny
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:44 pm

supportmaoasada wrote:

Thanks for the link, supportmaoasada! flower Finally got a chance to watch it now.

Whoever uploaded the video used the title, "The unagi shop owner says, 'Mao-chan is cuter than my daughter.' " That made me laugh. Too sweet! Aww!

The owner of the skate shop said that Mao's blades are 4.2mm wide across the entire blade (I guess she doesn't use parabolic blades), and that these blades provide a lot of stability.

The first restaurant they went to is by the rink in Nagoya where Mao trained as a child. Looks like she used to order fried rice there a lot.

The unagi (eel) shop is in Toyota city, where Chuukyo Uni. is. Mao likes to go there at least once a month, and she always goes in the back and talks to the cook. There was some video over the summer showing Mao and Mai eating there. It was really cute, because the cook/owner seemed so touched that Mao would talk and be so friendly to "an insignificant old guy like me." Wub

ETA Whoops, forgot that Yuka Sato was there. She said she thought Mao's problems were mental. That made me wonder, gee I wonder what things would be like if SHE were Mao's coach...Though I don't know much about her, so I can't really say. Though it might be interesting to train alongside Jeremy Abott? Hmm... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:36 am

Today I watched a documentary tv program about Nobuyuki Tsujii, a Japanese pianist.
In this program,he was asked who is the type of woman he likes queen
He said "I like figure skater Mao Asada." "I like her because she always overcome difficulty even if she was bad at first. I respect her."
He is blind from birth,so he can't see Mao's skating. Mao is such an inspirational girl sunny
I didn't record it, so it may be incorrect, but almost like that.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 am

mingming wrote:
Today I watched a documentary tv program about Nobuyuki Tsujii, a Japanese pianist.
In this program,he was asked who is the type of woman he likes queen
He said "I like figure skater Mao Asada." "I like her because she always overcome difficulty even if she was bad at first. I respect her."
He is blind from birth,so he can't see Mao's skating. Mao is such an inspirational girl sunny
I didn't record it, so it may be incorrect, but almost like that.

What a wonderful story, mingming!! I think there are a lot of people, both famous and not, who are inspired by Mao. Love Hearts Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
itcaip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:01 pm

I think it's the best they can do to stick to the current jump layout, even though i wish she would change the first 3F-2L to a 3-3... but that would mean she has to change her solo 3L to a 3S.. so she would have 3 mental burdens...
right now, she only has the 3A as a shaky element.. i think for her it's all or nothing.. if she lands these 2 opening axels the program will be perfect... maybe she should do the 3L in combination.. it's not big difference pointwise but like this the program is not so frontloaded and by doing two combinations in the second half, she can hide the fact that her 3-3's are not going too well these days =)

3A
3A+2T
3F
---------
3L-2L
3F-2L-2L
3T
2A

in the end, when mao hasn't won the GPF , she always came back strong for the following competitions.. let's hope and cross fingers.. in addition, when was the last time the favorite lady has actually won olympic gold ?? it was always a suprising win.. so maybe mao can be the surprise in 2010 =)
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm

A really wondeful story you shared mingming! (nice icon too!Very Happy)
@itcaip I agree that it's a pity that she doesn't have her 3-3. I too hope that Mao can pull a surprise win(perhaps!Very Happy) in 2010!Very Happy Go MAO!!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Ah, Nobuyuki Tsujii!! flower We wrote about him when he won the Van Cliburn contest over the summer, because even back then he said that he wanted to marry a girl like Mao. Many Hearts

See here:
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/features/archive/news/2009/07/20090724p2a00m0na016000c.html

mingming, it seems a lot of Japanese fans saw the documentary on Tsujii-san, because I saw this on someone's blog today:
http://toramomo.exblog.jp/12418390

The first clip is of Tsujii-san playing Ravel's "Jeux d'eau." Oh, how I wish Mao would skate to some Ravel. The delicate, jewel-like quality of his music oh so reminds me of Mao! Yep!

The 2nd clip is of Susan Boyle (not sure why), but the last clip is a fan video with Mao skating to Tsujii playing "La Campanella."

Lovely pic of Mao at the end. Love Hearts

I would love to see Nobuyuki and Mao do a collaboration! Very Happy

I am also curious about Dai Miyata, the young cellist who just won the prestigious Rostropovich cello competition:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/03abehW5aBexu

Maybe they all should perform together! flower
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:05 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Ah, Nobuyuki Tsujii!! flower We wrote about him when he won the Van Cliburn contest over the summer, because even back then he said that he wanted to marry a girl like Mao. Many Hearts:

I saw the news on tv in this summer,too. Very Happy
Mao has gentle voice and speaks softly,so he may recognize she is a gentle girl.
Batsuchan wrote:
I would love to see Nobuyuki and Mao do a collaboration! Very Happy:
me too!

Batsuchan wrote:
I am also curious about Dai Miyata, the young cellist who just won the prestigious Rostropovich cello competition:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/03abehW5aBexu

Maybe they all should perform together! flower

I didn't know him... I would like to listen to his cello! Thank you Woot!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm

mingming wrote:

Batsuchan wrote:
I would love to see Nobuyuki and Mao do a collaboration! Very Happy:
me too!

That would be toooo cute... Too sweet!
I love it when Mao skates to live music like she did for the prosthetic arm girl. I know it's been said a million times...but Mao really inspires everyone Woot!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:52 pm

December has arrived..hmmm....Hopefully Mao is enjoying herself and skating! I think if she relaxes and have fun she'll do great
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm

☆Genie wrote:
December has arrived..hmmm....Hopefully Mao is enjoying herself and skating! I think if she relaxes and have fun she'll do great

Doesn't Japanese Nationals begin on December 25th?? Shocked

Only three weeks until we see Mao skate again! Confetti Seeing her at nationals and kicking butt (which we know she will!) will totally be my Christmas gift this year. santa
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Liffey wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

Doesn't Japanese Nationals begin on December 25th?? Shocked

Only three weeks until we see Mao skate again! Confetti Seeing her at nationals and kicking butt (which we know she will!) will totally be my Christmas gift this year. santa

You're right....the best Christmas gift ever!! santa Cheering

Still, I can't believe how deep into the season we are already. I feel like the GP and JGP just started! We're already about half-way through the season. After the GPF, though, there will be another long gap until all of the countries start hosting the National Championships :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!
Page 16 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next