Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Yu Na News - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't know who chooses her music - Maybe she does it herself...
Either way kudos to that person for such a choice!
It is classical yet so contemporary! She has a flair of 'acting' on the ice - and you can just guess she will be one red and black vampire on ice! Very Happy
Les Miz is quite in the buzz these days, with one big movie based on it - releasing in December - I wonder which songs she will use in her FP compilation...

I kinda wish Mao would be as bold with her music choices or choreographers...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I kinda wish Mao would be as bold with her music choices or choreographers... [/quote]

I can't think of a skater who is more bold then Mao lol, just look at Mao's music choice, technical content through the years, approch....etc and when it comes to choreographer what would be more bold then sticking to the choreographer one prefers instead of using and looking for what the judges prefer! so i wouldn't use bold to describe yunas music choices at all, but i have to agree that she seems to play at her strength. one thing i noticed about kims choices it's always "medium" and when i say medium it's because it's not the lightest nor the darkest it's just in the middle, where the music cut always has some sort of climax at the end.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

I can't think of a skater who is more bold then Mao lol, just look at Mao's music choice, technical content through the years, approch....etc and when it comes to choreographer what would be more bold then sticking to the choreographer one prefers instead of using and looking for what the judges prefer! so i wouldn't use bold to describe yunas music choices at all, but i have to agree that she seems to play at her strength. one thing i noticed about kims choices it's always "medium" and when i say medium it's because it's not the lightest nor the darkest it's just in the middle, where the music cut always has some sort of climax at the end. [/quote]
You make a very good point. But I think Yuna has "better" music choices. Yuna's choice is not bold, she has always played at her strength. While I'm not always happy with Mao's choices (not that it matters), and I think some of her EX are even better arranged and choreographed than her competitive programs, I'm always happy with Yuna's choices.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I can't think of a skater who is more bold then Mao lol, just look at Mao's music choice, technical content through the years, approch....etc and when it comes to choreographer what would be more bold then sticking to the choreographer one prefers instead of using and looking for what the judges prefer! so i wouldn't use bold to describe yunas music choices at all, but i have to agree that she seems to play at her strength. one thing i noticed about kims choices it's always "medium" and when i say medium it's because it's not the lightest nor the darkest it's just in the middle, where the music cut always has some sort of climax at the end.
You make a very good point. But I think Yuna has "better" music choices. Yuna's choice is not bold, she has always played at her strength. While I'm not always happy with Mao's choices (not that it matters), and I think some of her EX are even better arranged and choreographed than her competitive programs, I'm always happy with Yuna's choices. [/quote]

I agree with both you. Yuna has one of the best if not the best programs under this judging system, while Mao has the best EX programs (too bad those aren't judged, she'd win hands down). But I do wish Mao would have COP smart programs, this is what makes Yuna so great. She milks every freaking COP point out of her programs, while Mao is leaving points on the table. David truly knows COP inside out.

But then I always had a fealing, that Mao could've done a quad axel and judges would still put Yuna in first. Disappointed I so hope Yuna will be judged fairly this time around.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Holy moly, I thought Yuna will come back for olympic season, I had no idea she's going to skate also on this one Shocked That will be interesting, I hope Mao finally will show her best at worlds Cheering

What about young, russian girls? Are they allowed to compete at senior competition on this season?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 am

europeanfan wrote:
Holy moly, I thought Yuna will come back for olympic season, I had no idea she's going to skate also on this one Shocked That will be interesting, I hope Mao finally will show her best at worlds Cheering

What about young, russian girls? Are they allowed to compete at senior competition on this season?
Yep, both Liza and Adelina are eligible for Senior Worlds and Julia is going to compete at GP series.
Yuna always had great feeling of the music, that's her style. Fierce SP and dramatic FS. Though I don't know anything FS music background, SP sounds very interesting and I'm really looking forward to her performance! sunny
And guys, Yuna is Yuna, she is doing what is the best for herself and Mao is doing what is best for her.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:04 am

I can't wait to see Liza. I really like her sp to Love story. Swoon Hopefully she'll have an amazing season and will be kicking everyone's (except Mao's Wink ) butt! cheers

polosatik, has Adelina announced her music yet?

About Yuna, I really like her lp music, but I'm not familiar with music for her sp. But knowing David, it's sure going to be great.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 am

No, Adelina didn't announce her music yet just like Mao Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 am

Quote :
You make a very good point. But I think Yuna has "better" music choices. Yuna's choice is not bold, she has always played at her strength. While I'm not always happy with Mao's choices (not that it matters), and I think some of her EX are even better arranged and choreographed than her competitive programs, I'm always happy with Yuna's choices.

I agree with both you. Yuna has one of the best if not the best programs under this judging system, while Mao has the best EX programs (too bad those aren't judged, she'd win hands down). But I do wish Mao would have COP smart programs, this is what makes Yuna so great. She milks every freaking COP point out of her programs, while Mao is leaving points on the table. David truly knows COP inside out.

But then I always had a fealing, that Mao could've done a quad axel and judges would still put Yuna in first. Disappointed I so hope Yuna will be judged fairly this time around.[/quote][/quote]

I totally disagree i far prefer most of Mao's music choices, and for me Mao's programs are just performance that just draws one in, has a deeper meaning, and where the music doesn't need a climax, when the skater is able to create that atmosfære on there own that's art... yunas performances are a theathre on the ice, where it's the same (fake) expression throughout the performance, i mean just look at when she does her spirals, she always looks up with the same expression again and again. and i am so sorry to offend some of her fans on this forum but for me yuna's program are intertaining without a deeper meaning to them.

many people today prefer to hear mainstream music,through the real emotional and deeper music isn't always the most popular one, what i am trying to say is that just because something is popular doesn't make it less superficial.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:40 am

ballerinamao wrote:

I totally disagree i far prefer most of Mao's music choices, and for me Mao's programs are just performance that just draws one in, has a deeper meaning, and where the music doesn't need a climax, when the skater is able to create that atmosfære on there own that's art... yunas performances are a theathre on the ice, where it's the same (fake) expression throughout the performance, i mean just look at when she does her spirals, she always looks up with the same expression again and again. and i am so sorry to offend some of her fans on this forum but for me yuna's program are intertaining without a deeper meaning to them.

many people today prefer to hear mainstream music,through the real emotional and deeper music isn't always the most popular one, what i am trying to say is that just because something is popular doesn't make it less superficial.

What I meant with "one of the best if not the best programs under COP" was, that from the points gathering point of view (technical aspect), Yuna's programs are the best. David designs her program so that she maximizes her points ability. I think one could say that her programs are very COP smart. I hope I'm making any sence.

I adore Mao's music expres​sion(she doesn't act it she feels it and express it through her whole body not just her face) and also prefer it above others, it's why I'm so pissed when judges don't recognize it.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:53 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

But then I always had a fealing, that Mao could've done a quad axel and judges would still put Yuna in first. Disappointed I so hope Yuna will be judged fairly this time around.

I kinda agree with this. Though Mao is my fave skater and prefer her skating over the rest, I've been wishing she's under the hands of a different choreographer for the past few seasons for her competitive programs. One who can best hide her current flaws (while she's working on them) while highlighting her strengths the most. Her free skate programs were beautiful and really fit her but her SPs could be way better. Just look at that tango SP and compare that to her Por Una EX. Luckily Scheherazade was better. I wish TAT would construct an LP this season similar to how she choreographs Mao's EX masterpieces. That'll be a real sight to behold. And I agree Mao does leave a lot of points on the table. Her base points are really high but it's not just about how many points she can possibly get. She needs to deliver them all cleanly and consistently and that's what Yuna's team has really worked on from the start.

Yuna's programs, while I dislike her recent over the top facial expressions, you cannot deny that her programs were designed to highlight her strengths. Her SPs are also designed to give her immediate WOW factor so that you'd be eager to see her LP. IMHO her SPs are better than her LPs. But because they're very impressed with her SP it carries over to her LP and general fans would think her LPs are even better. For me she's an SP skater while Mao is the LP skater. El Tango de Roxanne and Danse Macabre are her masterpieces. Bond is something else but it's not up there with the previous two for me.

I think even Caro worked on this esp during last season. Her SP was designed to be very impressive and she delivered them consistently. It helps a lot.

It's unfortunate Mao had problems with her jumps, became inconsistent with them and started struggling a lot before the Olympics. If she didn't have issues with them and continued being consistent I think her scores would have been consistently high also.

That's why for this season I'm really hoping Lori and Tat made standout programs for Mao and for Mao's jumps to really stabilize so she can be consistent this season. I want her to got out there and show confidence even before her starting pose. Its a very important season and I want her to make her mark again this year.

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:58 am

Quote :
David designs her program so that she maximizes her points ability. I think one could say that her programs are very COP smart. I hope I'm making any sence.

I adore Mao's music expres​sion(she doesn't act it she feels it and express it through her whole body not just her face) and also prefer it above others, it's why I'm so pissed when judges don't recognize it.

i think we are on the same page zarinaballerina Razz
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 am

roma wrote:

It's unfortunate Mao had problems with her jumps, became inconsistent with them and started struggling a lot before the Olympics. If she didn't have issues with them and continued being consistent I think her scores would have been consistently high also.

If I'm not mistaken, Mao has consistency problems way before Olympics. To be honest, I didn't watch much FS before 2010 so I don't remember much about 2008 but I'm rewatching her LP at 2008 Worlds where she fell at the beginning of an axel jump and the commentator said that she had ups and downs that year.
Meanwhile what contributes to Yuna's continued success and Carolina's recent achievements are their consistency.
Mao will have no problem competing with Yuna and beating the rest if she improves her consistency and delivers clean program.
But rewatching that LP reminds me of why I love her. She's such a fighter and the way she bounced back after that fall is remarkable.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 am

pearlyriver wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Mao has consistency problems way before Olympics. To be honest, I didn't watch much FS before 2010 so I don't remember much about 2008 but I'm rewatching her LP at 2008 Worlds where she fell at the beginning of an axel jump and the commentator said that she had ups and downs that year.
Meanwhile what contributes to Yuna's continued success and Carolina's recent achievements are their consistency.
Mao will have no problem competing with Yuna and beating the rest if she improves her consistency and delivers clean program.
But rewatching that LP reminds me of why I love her. She's such a fighter and the way she bounced back after that fall is remarkable.
Yep. That's what I mean. And even if she had a better performance of her 2007-2008 LP than the one at Worlds, her Worlds performance for me is the most memorable and I love every second of that performance. It showed what kind of a champion she is.

OTOH, do we have any info/update of Yuna's All That Skate show? I'm excited to see her El Tango de Roxanne. Will it be some sort of her 2006-2007 SP because I love that SP!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am

[quote="roma"]
pearlyriver wrote:

OTOH, do we have any info/update of Yuna's All That Skate show? I'm excited to see her El Tango de Roxanne. Will it be some sort of her 2006-2007 SP because I love that SP!
The live broadcast is going to be on 25th of August on SBS. About Tango I think it's going to be almost the same program as Yuna's sp in 2006-2007 but with some changes)
Here is the first photo
Yu Na News - Page 35 58122245327378137147520

Yuna and David
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 am

My opinion is that fuss about good or bad programs is just rubbish, just remember Plushy. If you have consistency, artistry and rock technique, there will be a success. He is the most consistent skater ever. Yuna can be named a consistent Queen. This is a sport, and no matter how wonderful your programs is the key is how you perform it, how perfectly you do every element. Like Michelle Kwan said once, you can't have dirty spots here ans there, you have to be perfect. All these talks about programs to me always have been just a speculation, some of you hate Bells, i personally love it. And judges are the same , even with the same program that Mao had in Olympic season, if she skated them perfectly she won't be so far from Yuna in scores at Olympics. So to me the main thing is how well Mao will be prepared this season, technically and mentally, if she can achieve consistency , she will be at the top again.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 am

Yuna's El Tango de Roxanne 2007 Worlds SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCAsSGgFWc One of my faves ever.

Five years later...

Yuna's El Tango de Roxanne EX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp_yPzjFKZY

Love Hearts I miss this program!

Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:13 am

roma wrote:
Yuna's El Tango de Roxanne 2007 Worlds SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTCAsSGgFWc One of my faves ever.

Five years later...

Yuna's El Tango de Roxanne EX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp_yPzjFKZY

Love Hearts I miss this program!

Thanks for the links, roma! Now, if she'd only skate to 'The Lark Ascending' again....
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 am

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2012/10/136_123024.html
She went back to her previous coaches (before Orser) - Hopefully it will be more beneficial than it was with Peter...

I must say - Yuna is still popular! I can't believe this news was featured in the sports section in Germany! 0_0 (Specially when F-Skating is not popular at all)
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:17 am

MaoChan756 wrote:
She went back to her previous coaches (before Orser) - Hopefully it will be more beneficial than it was with Peter...

I must say - Yuna is still popular! I can't believe this news was featured in the sports section in Germany! 0_0 (Specially when F-Skating is not popular at all)

WHAT?! Where was it shown!? affraid
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:49 am

MaoChan756 wrote:

Really? It was everywhere on Japanese news sites. They treated the info as if it was more important than Narumi & Mervin dropping out of GPS! I just hope Yuna was able to make the decision herself; not the Korean Skating Fed or her mom. She's a brilliant skater, not a child anymore, and she should deserve to simply enjoy competing for herself after all she's been through. I'm not a fan but I can still have fun watching her perform, so I hope she can have fun too for a change.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm

dear yu-na,

i hope to see many more fabulous programs from you. i'm glad you will be competing in three competitions this season. Mushy Love please don't be too pressured by your country to skate, though. if you don't want to, then don't. No

p.s. whatever happened with you and peter?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

It just came to my attention Yuna will be competing this weekend at NRW Trophy in Germany I've never heard of this competition. I found it on wikepedia, and there are a few familiar names there http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NRW_Trophy

Here is the article on Yuna with some other news on her.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121024&content_id=40014546&vkey=ice_news

I will be very interested to see the videos of her programs this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I love how that article refers to the "divorce" between Orser and Kim... good analogy. Couldn't have put it better myself!

Yeah, the NRW trophy this year should be quite fun to watch with Yu-Na. I wonder what she is going to be like now. I think she made a HUGE mistake leaving Orser - he did a lot for her. Oppegard managed to destroy a lot of her gorgeous speed. I hope her new Korean coaches are good ones.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Ooh it almost slipped my mind that she's making a comeback in NRW. It's not a very deep field there so it's safe to say that Yuna is already assured of her podium placement. I can't wait to see her skate her LP! Les Miserables would be a hit! Thumbs up!

Wonder what happened between Yuna and Oppegard? Must've been hard to be in his shoes last Worlds Yuna went to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next