Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yu Na News

Go down 
+99
Alokya
josling
shikure
Lady_in_black
skating_fanatic
patknowsbest
pearlyriver
Abdiel
kaabi
CraZsk8r
Yunamao
ElleluvsL
zarinaballerina
Cloviece
ClairDeMao
Luckyone
maofan93
Okami
Tess
babayaga
ericacsy
kitty
Mao_Asada_sunrise
periperi
KariDebate
MaoChan756
muumuu
Hotaru
swan
gurami
will_power
Aibhlin
dawnsherearequiet
theicemarks
i♥MAO
europeanfan
Ken Himura
purplemaze
Jtsmith1
bekalc
sumin
illani
linglang
dlnnyc
iceskatingfan
kirakira
maowataiyo
kaarolcia
SAKURA
goldmao
jkblues
ballerinamao
Mirai
inskate
Artistry
tilitom
coconut
SpecialK
kitkat00
sky
Spacey
hanatsuki
kawaiimao
Dani-Chan
polly10
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
tigercub
sapphiresky
sofia
PochinkoPotanko
ichiro
Lilith112
klarification
mingming
MOACHANTHEBEST
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
yuki
bobo
chapis
Haidogirl
roma
clovera
aoi88
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
☆Genie
Liffey
Star85
chiyori
summervie
ddmm
tianrushui
MaoMaoRevolution
polosatik
bibi
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jtsmith1

Yu Na News - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:36 am

Happy 20th Birthday Yu Na !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:49 am

Like a Star @ heaven Happy Happy Birthday! Like a Star @ heaven

I love you Today Yuna is 20 years of age cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Happy Birthday little angel Yuna! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:05 pm

klarification wrote:
It's Yuna's birthday!!!

Happy birthday Kim Yuna! Stay strong because there are many people who love you! Smile

Whoa, and check out this video made by Yuna's fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGGluFWSxC0

They also donated 25000 USD in Yuna's name. Yuna's fans are jjang! Cloud 9

Looks like they had the same idea we did. Those voices in the end were scary pale ...
What did the fans donate money to? That's a hell of a lot of money! Especially for something like this.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Happy 20th birthday, Yu-Na!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Star85 wrote:
klarification wrote:
It's Yuna's birthday!!!

Happy birthday Kim Yuna! Stay strong because there are many people who love you! Smile

Whoa, and check out this video made by Yuna's fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGGluFWSxC0

They also donated 25000 USD in Yuna's name. Yuna's fans are jjang! Cloud 9

Looks like they had the same idea we did. Those voices in the end were scary pale ...
What did the fans donate money to? That's a hell of a lot of money! Especially for something like this.

I agree about the end part. But I liked the voices of the kids.
As for the donations, it is said that Yuna's fans donated 25,000USD (some claim it's 40,000, how confusing Shocked ) to the UNICEF fund in her name.
It's nice to know that many people love Yuna!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Looks like Yuna has found a new coach, and training rink. At least temporarily. I think this arrangement would likely be a good permanent one

http://www.blazingblades.com/732525849/kim-yu-na-to-train-in-los-angeles-update/
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Star85 wrote:
Looks like Yuna has found a new coach, and training rink. At least temporarily. I think this arrangement would likely be a good permanent one

http://www.blazingblades.com/732525849/kim-yu-na-to-train-in-los-angeles-update/

Thanks for the link, Star85! This whole saga has been very confused
I wonder when the Korean drama or movie based on this soap opera will come out.... lol!

Well, happy belated birthday to Yu-Na! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Star85 wrote:

Whoa, that seems to be a really good fit for her.

(Really off topic, but wow, does Naomi Nam look like Brenda Song in that picture!)
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Yuna suits American Style alot, so she will be a great star there
since American love flirty and passionate program. Many ex-skaters
blessed her a lot and they want someone who can fight Japanese
skaters. Little Nagasu is not good enough now.

Yuna style is gayish as she is like an avatar of David Wilson. I
watched Yuna's gay fan clip on You2be unintentionly and felt sick
with that. By the way, think it optimistically, this will bring many fans
not only Korean but gay population to follow her to gain great income
to ISU. Isn't she now gay icon? LOL
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:48 pm

BowbowDaijin wrote:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on Marai. She made a big splash and got a lot of peoples hopes really high right before she had a huge growth spurt, an injury, and changed coaches. She had a rough season, but last season she really made a comeback, and is in many people's opinions, the US's best female skater. She's only 16, and is improving greatly.

As far as Yuna's style being "gayish"?... When you say gayish, do you mean feminine? David Wilson does act kind of feminine, so I'm guessing that's what you mean. For a man to act like that, it's not the norm, but isn't that what girls are supposed to be like? I'm a little confused by what you're talking about...
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on Marai. She made a big splash and got a lot of peoples hopes really high right before she had a huge growth spurt, an injury, and changed coaches. She had a rough season, but last season she really made a comeback, and is in many people's opinions, the US's best female skater. She's only 16, and is improving greatly.

As far as Yuna's style being "gayish"?... When you say gayish, do you mean feminine? David Wilson does act kind of feminine, so I'm guessing that's what you mean. For a man to act like that, it's not the norm, but isn't that what girls are supposed to be like? I'm a little confused by what you're talking about...

i was wondering about "gayish" too! perhaps bowbow is refering to Yuna's frequent striking of poses in her programs (?). My gay friends love striking poses so that's the only gay thing about her I can think of! as for gay folks becoming Yuna followers...hmmm...i'm not too sure. I think of the really popular gay icons (by that, I mean popular people who have a big LGBT following) like Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga and I can't seem to connect YUna with them. I mean these are celebrities who openly support gay rights and all and that's something I can't see YUna doing. I understand that in Korea, homosexuality is not accepted as it is in other countries and if that's a common cultural sentiment...well...I can't see the Korean poster girl going against it.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah! I respect your opinions. Mirai is great but not yet this year, perhaps next year
she will shine her aura. She seems to be the next rival of Mao since all Russian skaters
are still young. And Lepisto, perhaps her bronze medal at World will be the highest point
of her career. But that's my thought in this moment. Who knows, when the season
begins, I had to swear, oh! I think wrong.

I'm not English native speaker, so I didn't know the word feminine that it will suit this
act. As tilitom described, the word "gaylike" "gayish" "gay taste" is that some poses in
Yuna's program are so passionate that I didn't see in other skaters' program. (And it
can be interpreted that Wilson's programs are artistical, since they say, gay taste is
more artistical than straight man taste.)

That pose during James Bond program, also her FS, and last year's Dans Macabre and
Scheherazade are too feminine. That means I think David Wilson is best for Yuna. She
can perform like Wilson's avatar. (I watched Yuna's practice clip when she learned
choreography with Wilson. They have good relations.)

However, some women will not like to do some kind of those poses, but they are impressing
among gay. (It is the same case as Japanese ladies nowadays don't use "WA" as final
particle, though it is so fiminine word. Instead, Japanese Okama like to use "WA" to show
there feminine identity.) If you check Youtube, you can see many gay Yuna fan clip
worship her Queen and sometimes bashed Mao. Mao's style is too simple for them, maybe.

Perhaps I misunderstood the word "gay icon" which I used as some tastes those are
favorite among gay.They are for example, "Madonna" "Lady Gaga" "Village People" or
"Hairspray". Even this figure skating sport seems to be gay taste as well as volleyball.

(Gosh, I love Hairspray.)
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

yeah she loves to pose...it's interesting to note though that not all skating fans like this... i don't remember which thread at goldenskate but some members there think that these poses do not quite come naturally...some say the poses, the smiles, and all the other gestures that she has are taught to her and that she is taught to do them at particular points of the program. i think batsuchan comments on that as well in her blog(?) and i think the lady emily frankel talks about that too in her video about mao and yuna's performances in vancouver (?)...(i'll post links next time for you bowbow...)

i haven't decided yet whether i'm a fan of all this posing...but actually i can't wait to see yuna's LP next season. i don't think arirang is the kind of music that lends itself to "poses. " it conveys something so different from her music choices last season so i'm looking forward to see what mr. wilson has done there. best of luck to yuna!! ( or maybe she doesn't need that Razz

but of course, i am 100X more excited to see mao's programs...

COME OCTOBER COME!!!!!!!HURRRY!!!!

oh and one question for yuna fans out there...is there talk about her possible layout for the LP? we've speculated a lot about mao's layouts and i was wondering if there's some speculation about yuna's as well. do share, if any. thanks much
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:39 am

tilitom wrote:
yeah she loves to pose...it's interesting to note though that not all skating fans like this... i don't remember which thread at goldenskate but some members there think that these poses do not quite come naturally...some say the poses, the smiles, and all the other gestures that she has are taught to her and that she is taught to do them at particular points of the program. i think batsuchan comments on that as well in her blog(?) and i think the lady emily frankel talks about that too in her video about mao and yuna's performances in vancouver (?)...(i'll post links next time for you bowbow...)

i haven't decided yet whether i'm a fan of all this posing...but actually i can't wait to see yuna's LP next season. i don't think arirang is the kind of music that lends itself to "poses. " it conveys something so different from her music choices last season so i'm looking forward to see what mr. wilson has done there. best of luck to yuna!! ( or maybe she doesn't need that Razz

but of course, i am 100X more excited to see mao's programs...

COME OCTOBER COME!!!!!!!HURRRY!!!!

oh and one question for yuna fans out there...is there talk about her possible layout for the LP? we've speculated a lot about mao's layouts and i was wondering if there's some speculation about yuna's as well. do share, if any. thanks much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu7TQfAx844
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 am

That youtube file is worthy to see.
Thanks, ddmm. I'm not dancer so I don't know about that much. But if it is
figure skating, men, ladies, pair not ice dancing, some will say that figure
skaters do not have to dance artistically that much.

Japanese know that Olympics medal for figure skating is set, since they knew
that there were Canadian and Korean judges but no Japanese judge. And some
media took video when Korean judge score Kim. She gave her +5. But when
it was Mao, she gave -3 or -1, something like that. Perhaps, she wanted to
sacrifice for her country.

It seems an old tale to talk about that Olympics. Bribe in big sport competition
is hard to prevent, especially in sport relying on judges. In my country, I think
they robbed one gold medal for our gymnastic athlete, though there is no claim
on news to hear. This athlete trained hard and good for gold as well but he did
not performed good in the last competition. However, he got gold which was not
fair for the other country. It was so shameful that he got gold for me but as a
host country, that's the only thing they can do for this athlete to thank for his
long career because it was his last game before retire.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 am

http://media.yucasee.jp/posts/index/4738

Just media's thought.

Media said, Yuna's coach will be announced next month.
In this time, manager company had focused to 2-3 coaches
and maybe this will bring the fight of Father vs.Duaghter.

As on Mao side, Sato Nobuo was announced as a main coach.
And Yuna now will settle in California for training. Though it
will be a big surprise, chooses Sato Yuka, Jeremy Abbott's
coach as her main coach. Because Yuka is one of few Asian
skaters who come to settle in America and successful in
career. So Sato Yuka is like a senior, Yuna should follow.
And though Nobuo is good at jump, Yuka, on the other hand,
is good at acting and it suits Yuna's character, isn't it?

END

Whether Yuka is still Japanese or already American citizen,
I'd like her to avoid to be Yuna's coach. It's too close to Sato
Nobuo. It's like media doesn't have more information to write
so this is just someone's dream or expectation. I don't know
Yuna can overcome "The conflict between Japanese and Korean"
or not, as she blamed Japanese skaters too much last 2 years.
But if she dare to hire Yuka, she will be like LOTTE, Korean
company that hire Mao as presenter in Japan. Only Win-Win.

Back to top Go down
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 am

yuna's new coach will be an american not japanese, not russian, not from europe.. her agency said that. by the way sato is a perfect coach for mao.

i predict peter oppegard will be yuna's new coach

Yu-na Kim speech at the UN in new york

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3C35uV8QzQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 pm

I hope she doesn't join Yuka, otherwise media will be fueled. Faint2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 pm

I heard her new coach will live in LA, and be an American man. I think there's no chance she would ever choose Yuka Sato.
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Rivalry made both Mao and Yuna decide hard about the people they
have to join. Perhaps it is fan's desire or perhaps their own desire.
Mao cannot cooperate with Orser or even David Wilson, I think.
Yuna, also, cannot cooperate with Japanese coach, Aruthunian or
Tarasova. I'm not sure about Lori Nichol but because she is Canadian,
so use her program is not good for David Wilson, her main team choreo.
And of course, the music they choose. They have to escape from
comparison. Isn't it a nice rivalry?

BTW, Yuna has a good chance to be UNICEF Ambassador.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Maybe Yu-Na and Michelle had a talk this summer. She will train at her rink and be coached by her brother in law. I'm curious about what this will bring. I've never really heard much of Oppegard on the big international coaching scene. I know he trained Nikodinov and a few others but that was when I wasn't following skating so much. And I don't think he ever had someone of Yu-Na's caliber under his wing. Maybe the change will do her good but I actually would rather she switched choreographer for one of her pros... Or both. Wasn't there talk of her working with Shae-Lynn Bourne as well? Or maybe that was all in my head. I like David Wilson, but looking at all of his programs for Yu-Na, I sense little evolution. The music itself is different, but the tone is always the same. Something new, please?
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 pm

chiyori wrote:
Wasn't there talk of her working with Shae-Lynn Bourne as well? Or maybe that was all in my head. I like David Wilson, but looking at all of his programs for Yu-Na, I sense little evolution. The music itself is different, but the tone is always the same. Something new, please?

I haven't got the slightest idea what really happened regarding the news that Kim was supposed to be choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne. I have heard about that news early September, until Kim moved to East West Ice Palace in LA. Kim is close to Michelle Kwan so most of the skating critics have been predicting the coach job would be passed on to Oppegard who is Kwan's brother-in-law. The fact that David Wilson will still remain as Kim's choreographer was not something i didn't expected to happen. It'll be really interesting to see how will these things turn out for Kim, whether it's good or bad that she retains Wilson as still her choreographer. I am just honestly relieved she isn't retiring yet. Yep!
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

I don't really know a lot about him so I just wish the best of luck to her Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Yu Na News - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next