Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao & Daisuke interview!!

Go down 
+4
coconut
bibi
summervie
Batsuchan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Mao & Daisuke interview!! Empty
PostSubject: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, there's no online link that I could find, so here is someone's blog entry with a full transcription.

http://ameblo.jp/ivorymao/entry-10360002613.html

And here's a better picture:
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/0c/d3/4be005c38a7c03d7025538ddfd3ed2ee.jpg

Mao x Daisuke, motivating each other, aiming for the top
Asahi Newspaper, October 8, 2009

The competition season for figure skating will get its proper start when the Grand Prix Series begins on the 16th with the Trophee Eric Bompard. At their “first joint discussion,” Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi, who are expected to win medals at the Vancouver Olympics, shared their thoughts.

Asada gave her first performance of her free program for the season, “Bells of Moscow,” at the Japan Open on the 3rd. At that evening’s ice show, Takahashi skated his short program, “eye.” Before the curtain rises for the GP series, they performed their actual programs for the season before an audience.

Asada
I’m glad I was able to skate before an audience and judges once before the season started. I had mistakes on my jumps (2 triple axels, etc), but my reaction was something like, ‘if I become more familiar with it [it will be better].’

Of course succeeding on the first triple axel is important. At this, my first competition in a long time, I realized again how important preparation for the competition is. If you warm up too early, or eat too much…

Takahashi
For me too, I feel confident now that I was able to skate in front of people. In my program, I was glad that I landed the triple axel (the cause of his injury). But in the step sequence I felt worn out. There’s still a gap between my physical strength and the technique. My program has a choppy feeling. (I’ll also appear in the Finlandia Trophy before the GP series, so) I want to skate it more fully.

At the beginning of August, the two of them practiced together at Asada’s home rink, the Chuukyou University Ice Arena. Takahashi, who usually is based at Kansai University Arena, came for “lessons.”

Takahashi, who is aiming for a comeback from injury, and Asada, who is planning a recovery from 4th place at last season’s World Championships--during the summer, by skating at the same rink, the engine was started.

Asada
It was really motivating. The male skaters are powerful, so I get a feeling of speed. But Dai-chan skated his whole program smoothly and sensitively. I want to have that kind of skill, so I thought, I have to work hard.

Takahashi
No, Mao-chan, you were more amazing. Practicing so stoically. After being injured and not seeing you for a year, your skating has become dynamic. At that time, you showed us your program for the first time, but you did quite difficult steps and I was surprised. And then, you’ve become completely adult-like…

In school year terms, they’re 5 years apart. When Asada was a sixth-grader in elementary school, the 11th-grader Takahashi had already started competing at senior international competitions.

Takahashi
When Mao-chan was little, she used to come up to me often saying, “Dai-chan, Daichan.” From elementary school she was always cheerful. At training camps, when I was tired and didn’t do all of my program, she would accost me, saying “Dai-chan, why didn’t you do your whole program?”

Asada
I was little, so I don’t remember that. I was always the youngest. In the past, I used to think Dai-chan was much older than me.

At the 2006-07 season’s World Championships (Tokyo), Asada won a silver medal at her first appearance, and Takahashi placed the highest ever by winning the silver medal. And then, during the next season, Asada became World Champion first.

Takahashi
I was really moved by Mao-chan when she became World champion. She fell right before the first triple axel, but her performance after that was amazing. At competitions, don’t you feel nervous/agitated?

Asada
I do! But I guess there are times when I don’t. When my practices have been going well, then I can perform with confidence. In the past, I used to worry about the other skaters or other things around me, but now I mostly don’t notice them. I feel very strongly that I have to do my own performance properly.

Last season, Takahashi, who was also in a position to aim for World champion, was not able to compete due to injury.

Asada
Come to think of it, last year during the season, you sent me an email.

Takahashi
That’s right, that’s right, I sent you one. When you won the Grand Prix Final, I said “Congratulations.” Because when you did the two triple axels in the free program, I thought it was amazing. I have this feeling that I don’t
want to lose to Mao-chan. Because Mao-chan generally does the elements
that the men do, so I felt some chagrin.

There’s a part of me that can try hard because Mao-chan is here. Truly, she’s one person who improves my mood/thoughts. I’m cheering for her full of gratitude.

He sent that email in December when he was at his most depressed state during treatment. It was a tough season, but now he can say, “Conversely, it was good that I was injured.” Takahashi is aiming for his second Olympic appearance, Asada is aiming for her first, and both have the goal of winning a gold medal.

Asada
Dai-chan, the first time you went to the Olympics, you were 19, weren’t you? I’m also 19. I wonder what kind of competition the Olympics will be. I haven’t experienced it, so I don’t know.

Takahashi
Me at 19 is different from Mao-chan at 19. When I look at past videos of me, I think, “Is that guy ok?”, but Mao-chan is very put-together/level-headed. But, the Olympics has a unique atmosphere. From the moment it starts it’s different from other competitions. The nervousness of people around you is different from usual, and I started to be affected by that.
If you believe in yourself, it doesn’t matter. After that, it’s whether you can enjoy yourself or not. Let’s both try hard to bring out our best at the Olympics.

Asada
By the way, Dai-chan, after you quit skating, what will you do next?

Takahashi
Hmm, I haven’t thought about that. Right now, I have no dreams other than winning a gold medal at the Olympics. But, don’t you think that if you quit skating, you’d like to try something different?

Asada
I can only think of skating. But I might like competitions more than ice shows. Other than that, I want to teach little kids how to skate. Dai-chan, I don’t know how long you’ll maintain your present role, but I think you can be a choreographer.

Aww, that was a cute interview! It's nice to see that Dai-chan is so fond of Mao and respects her so much. It's almost funny that he got jealous of her doing 2 triple axels! Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_flower

Team Japan is so awesome! Mao & Daisuke interview!! 238895
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm

A very nice interview. Thanks for the translation, Batsuchan. Smile
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks a lot Batsuchan Very Happy! It was a nice article because it was an actual conversation between Mao and Dai!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks Batsuchan. I love this interview!! Smile

I'm glad Mao isn't that depressed by her Japan Open performance. She knows what she is doing.

I thought little Mao calling "Daichan" is really cute. Many Hearts
I just love their respect towards each other.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 am

Aw. Dai-chan! That's so cute! Many Hearts
I wonder, though, if what would you like to hear more from Mao: Dai-chan or Taka-chan? Too sweet!

It's really good to know that team Japan members are so supportive of each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:40 am

roma wrote:
It's really good to know that team Japan members are so supportive of each other.

I know! Team Japan is just amazing!!
They really are just like a family. Always supporting each other, not afraid to recognize their own mistakes (I laughed when Daisuke said "Is that guy OK?" about himself xD), and just having a ball!

This is random, but if we think of it like:
Nobu = King; Miki = Queen; Kozu = Prince; Mao = Princess...then does Dai-chan = Emperor? Shocked

Thank you! for translating, Batsuchan!!!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Thank you so much for translating Batsuchan!!! sunny I love this interview, they both sound very positive, good luck Mao and Dai!!!!!!!!!! Dance
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:55 am

Thank you for the translation, Batsuchan!

It's great to see the support they have for each other~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Daisuke interview!!   Mao & Daisuke interview!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao & Daisuke interview!!
Page 1 of 1