Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk

Go down 
+18
~*AAA*~
MOACHANTHEBEST
klarification
alyssa
MikiAndoFan#1
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
tianrushui
cariinm12
Figure_skating_love
☆Genie
sweetdream
sapphiresky
Batsuchan
MaoMaoRevolution
roma
polosatik
chineseteacup
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Empty
PostSubject: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 am

I came across this video (series of 5 videos, actually). I didn't realise that Mao and Yu-Na ever had an interview where they've both been present, but it seems that it did happen. I have no idea what they're talking about, since everything is in Japanese, but it seems quite interesting.

Can someone translate please?

Here's the first part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0Sbl7_-yU

I'm not sure if this is has been discussed on the forum already. If so, the administrators can feel free to remove this thread.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:59 am

Wow!!!!!!!Thank you!!!!!!!I've searched for this intwrview for so long!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:13 am

Thanks for this, chineseteacup!
Currently watching video 2 of 5 even if I don't understand what they're talking about. Very Happy
Mao looked so cute and carefree and she's always smiling. (Do Japanese skaters always have to wear those blazers?) Love Hearts And Yuna looked so poised and beautiful. flower

I hope these videos get subbed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:24 am

I wish I knew Japanese!

Please, Japanese-speakers on this forum, we need your help! Worship

It's so cute when Mao and Yu-Na speaks English.

Yu-Na: Did you have lunch?

Mao: Yes.

Yu-Na: Me too.

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 am

Thank you thank you! Watching Mao and Yu-Na being so adorable and happy together really made my day a whole lot better Very Happy
I really love the parts where they are looking at each other and smiling. Also the parts where Mao is talking about Aero and Yu-Na is talking about Toto.
I think all Mao and Yu-Na fans should see this~~
Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:21 am

Unfortunately, I think things have changed *dramatically* since these videos were made. Crying or Very sad

This was before the big Mao vs. Yu-Na wars really got hyped in the media, and I now think that it is extremely difficult for them to be friends. Crying or Very sad

I might be able to translate later, but I will translate one part that I remember very distinctly.

There's a 'true/false' (O or X) quiz that they do in part of the interview, and one of the questions/prompts is "I will win the Olympics." After some deliberation, Mao hesitantly answers yes (O) and Yu-Na says no (X), and then Yu-Na explains that she thinks Mao wants it more. Exclamation

I'm guessing that if they got asked that again now, the answer would be very different.

But I do look back on this moment and think, wanting to win the Olympics is a recent dream for Yu-Na, whereas Mao has always, always wanted to win (at least since she was 12). Yep!

One day, many years in the future, I think they could be very, very good friends...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:38 am

Batsuchan wrote:
One day, many years in the future, I think they could be very, very good friends...

I really hope so. Maybe when they retire, they can travel in a show together, or just perform together. They could both learn to communicate or just through body language become very dear friends...
*fantasizing*
Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk 1369

But I think you are right. Now, when would they find the time to even talk or see each other, let alone develop a friendship? Sure they would be together at competitions, but it's not really plausible to cultivate a relationship there, especially with all the media.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Hmm...this reminds me of situations of friends that we can have in our childhood, but even best friends grow apart in high school (or later on) to the point of barely speaking...

I think that this is one of those cases, if it happens in our everday lives, it can happen to Mao and Yuna too. People can change a lot. Sometimes we get back together, a lot of times we don't.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:11 pm

It would be difficult in any circumstance to develop a friendship with a rival. I'm afraid that it's even more difficult for Mao and Yu-Na because of the international rivalry in sports between Japan and Korea, and also because of the media on both sides.

But I agree that there is a potential for friendship in the future, when they're no longer competing together. A girl and I used to compete quite ferociously for top marks when we were in high school, but we're very good friends now Very Happy I'm sure this could happen to Mao and Yu-Na also.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 am

I've always loved mao and yuna and I do think that they will be good friends without this tension and competition

It'll be great to see yuna and mao together in something other than a competition, maybe an ice show!Very Happy they can headline it together and go international when their go pro!Very Happy haha one can dream.....
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:29 am

sweetdream wrote:
haha one can dream.....

If I can dream... I'd like to change the format for JO. Europe and NA are ok. But instead of just Japan, why not Asia? And then we can have Mao and Yuna competing as team mates. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:09 am

roma wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
haha one can dream.....

If I can dream... I'd like to change the format for JO. Europe and NA are ok. But instead of just Japan, why not Asia? And then we can have Mao and Yuna competing as team mates. Cloud 9

I already have a name for the team - "The Invincibles" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 pm

chineseteacup wrote:

I already have a name for the team - "The Invincibles" Very Happy

Seriously. That would be totally unfair for the rest of the field, but it would be fun to watch! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi, it seems like you made a mistake when forming your post. Your bb code is off. You had [.b][.b] Mao [/b] (rest of sentence) [/b]. If you've taken computer science you'd would known that in order for something to be active it must have a closed tag as well. Although you did add [/b], it only actives one of the code. Because the first [.b] is blocked by the other [.b] and , the effect of the [.b] code is gone. Thus why your [/b] appeared so frequently Smile.Or you could simply highlight your text and press the bold button.  Don't worry I fixed it for you because I'm fair like that. 

&please stop posting because this is a fan forum - for people who likes Mao Asada, a Japanese skater. It seems from your post that you obviously have hatred against Japanese, so I suggest you to stop your postings because there are better ways to rant. I might be pointing fingers too quickly, but please be more civilize and proper. I'm only 14, yet I have the common sense to not spam other fanboards. What you may think maybe the truth, but the truth is simply an opinion that one holds. So Teacher GR I think that If you stop spamming the boards then maybe people won't start to lash out hateful comments towards you. So on behalf of the forum, I apologize for some of the member's comments, but you have some apologizing to do too. 
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Hi, it seems like you made a mistake when forming your post. Your bb code is off. You had [.b][.b] Mao [/b] (rest of sentence) [/b]. If you've taken computer science you'd would known that in order for something to be active it must have a closed tag as well. Although you did add [/b], it only actives one of the code. Because the first [.b] is blocked by the other [.b] and , the effect of the [.b] code is gone. Thus why your [/b] appeared so frequently Smile.Or you could simply highlight your text and press the bold button.  Don't worry I fixed it for you because I'm fair like that. 

&please stop posting because this is a fan forum - for people who likes Mao Asada, a Japanese skater. It seems from your post that you obviously have hatred against Japanese, so I suggest you to stop your postings because there are better ways to rant. I might be pointing fingers too quickly, but please be more civilize and proper. I'm only 14, yet I have the common sense to not spam other fanboards. What you may think maybe the truth, but the truth is simply an opinion that one holds. So Teacher GR I think that If you stop spamming the boards then maybe people won't start to lash out hateful comments towards you. So on behalf of the forum, I apologize for some of the member's comments, but you have some apologizing to do too. 

Your words of peace and compassion move me, however i believe your request falls on deaf ears as they say.
And although i may have did wrong i will make it known that before lashing out i did try to speak civilly to gr, as a matter of fact I sent a message to his inbox asking for a compromise but i had no such luck
Back to top Go down
cariinm12

cariinm12

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 pm

LMAO!

I'm Blueee for you xD
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Are you a posting machine?LOL
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Your words of peace and compassion move me, however i believe your request falls on deaf ears as they say.
And although i may have did wrong i will make it known that before lashing out i did try to speak civilly to gr, as a matter of fact I sent a message to his inbox asking for a compromise but i had no such luck

You didn't do anything wrong Yasin. Whatever you wrote to gr, he deserved it. The only problem is that people like him want you to respond to him in that way, so it'll only make him more happy. But honestly, I don't think anyone needs to apologize to gr for anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 pm

You're only 14 Genie?! Wow! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we all thought you were older!

And after the mature, kind things that you said to the troll person with multiple accounts, he responds with
"Genie, the 14 year-old computer expert, has sent me a program to automatically post
and repost my comments by press genie's favorite
keys like F and U."

How mean! If he won't apologize, I feel like I should apologize. Not because I did anything to you, but because I just feel bad that he said something so mean about you, and lied about you when you are probably the least deserving person to be receiving harassment from him.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:31 pm

gr wrote:
Star85 wrote:
You're only 14 Genie?! Wow! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we all thought you were older!

And after the mature, kind things that you said to the troll person with multiple accounts, he responds with
"Genie, the 14 year-old computer expert, has sent me a program to automatically post
keys like F and U."

How mean! If he won't apologize, I feel like I should apologize. Not because I did anything to you, but because I just feel bad that he said something so mean about you, and lied about you when you are probably the least deserving person to be receiving harassment from him.

Genie may not be NOT 14.

Genie, as an adult, may be in violation of privacy laws in US (will keep you posted). Genie has claimed he can trace accurately intrAnet protocol without court order.

As Genie knows, we have two accounts here, IOC3A and gr. One for me and one for my

The second account was created because Genie threatened to cancel my account because Genie did not like what I had written.

..... you`re right. I turn 15 on July 11. I didn`t reveal your IP, the forum just told me you`re the same person Smile... and nice grammar!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:32 pm

gr wrote:
☆Genie wrote:
gr wrote:
Star85 wrote:

keys like F and U."

Genie may not be NOT 14.

Genie, as an adult, may be in violation of privacy laws in US (will keep you posted). Genie has claimed he can trace accurately intrAnet protocol without court order.

As Genie knows, we have two accounts here, IOC3A and gr. One for me and one for my

The second account was created because Genie threatened to cancel my account because Genie did not like what I had written.

..... you`re right. I turn 15 on July 11. I didn`t reveal your IP, the forum just told me you`re the same person Smile... and nice grammar!

Today is May 1, 2010 (May 2 in Japan).

So, how old are you today, if your birthday is in July?

Anyway, for the record, you still claim to be 14 (FOURTEEN) - a minor.

You and PochinkoPotanko (“PP”) said you had traced our intrAnet (InteRnet, not a typo, dear) Protocol addresses. Read your own posts.

You do know the former is illegal in US without a court order.

I live in Canada. And also any moderator of a forum can trace down the IP address of somebody. I can make a forum and make you the moderator and you can see so yourself. PP just used common sense. So your saying now that this forum server should be blamed for allowing IP addresses to be viewed for moderators....gr, are you really a teacher.

And about my age - use your common sense...
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:28 pm

im doing my job as a moderator. read the forum guidelines.
and the intranet protocol is a given feature in the forum as well.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:18 pm

This is so off-topic, but ☆Genie, is that you in your photo?

cat
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:04 pm

You still don't get it, do you, gr?

Unconscious

It won't take long until you're kicked off this forum forever and, in the end, we will be the ones laughing.

Dance

Actually, we already laugh with the stupid things you post, but we'll laugh even more when you're out of here.

Confetti
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Gr, why don't you sue the owners of the server for permitting mods to check IPs? Maybe they'll give a keholder or a cd case. Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk   Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim Japan Open Rival Talk
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next