Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Championships 2010

Go down 
+72
SAKURA
fam
ClairDeMao
mika
noir
gagul_love
jkblues
Mirai
iceskatingfan
sweetdream
maopansada
Adriana
mash5
sunnygirl
darlingdaydream
goldmao
freesia
Mia
cera
will_power
jeanettetan
sarah
Lady_in_black
ccc
summervie
Artistry
snowdrops24
illani
purplemaze
Oscilla
inskate
petit diable
yuki
PochinkoPotanko
Maya
coconut
maowataiyo
maochan
peachbibby
e2girl
supportmaoasada
Aibhlin
sofia
kirakira
kaarolcia
josling
MOACHANTHEBEST
dlnnyc
polosatik
kawaiimao
roma
chineseteacup
Batsuchan
alessandra
huagon
chiyori
aoi88
tianrushui
mingming
BowbowDaijin
bellarina
MaoMaoRevolution
coolmeia
ddmm
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
alyssa
sapphiresky
Liffey
Star85
bibi
☆Genie
76 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

World Championships 2010 Empty
PostSubject: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

SUNDAY, MARCH 21ST
Practice day

MONDAY, MARCH 22ND
Practice day

TUESDAY, MARCH 23RD
12 am – 4:20 am Ice Dance • Compulsory Dance
5:15 pm Opening Ceremonies
6:00 pm – 10:40 pm Pairs • Short Program

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24TH
9:30 am – 5:45 pm Men • Short Program
6:30 pm – 8:00pm Pairs • Free Skating [pre-session: to this day only collective tickets]
8:00 pm – 10:15 pm Pairs • Free Skating

THURSDAY, MARCH 25TH
12:45 am – 5:00 pm Ice Dance • Original Dance
6:00 pm – 7:45 pm Men • Free Skating [pre-session: to this day only collective tickets]
7:45 pm – 10:50 pm Men • Free Skating

FRIDAY, MARCH 26TH
09:00 am – 5:40 pm Ladies • Short Program
6:15 pm – 8:00 pm Ice Dance • Free Dance [pre-session: to this day only collective tickets]
8:00 pm – 10:30 pm Ice Dance • Free Dance

SATURDAY, MARCH 27TH
12:30 am – 2:00 pm Ladies • Free Skating [pre-session: to this day only collective tickets]
2:00 pm – 4:55 pm Ladies • Free Skating

SUNDAY, MARCH 28TH
2:30 pm - Exhibition

Mao-Confrimed
YuNa-Confrimed
Joannie-??
Miki-Confrimed.

basically most of the people from the Olympics will be attending. Anybody know if Yukari is going? or maybe its going to be Akkiko.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Joannie said yesterday when she arrived at the airport that she has another competition in a couple of week, so I guess it's Worlds!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

I think Mao will attempt the quadruple in this competition because TAT previously stated that after the Olympics, she will do it. I wonder how'll it be. I think Mao will win WC...the chances are high.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm

☆Genie wrote:
I think Mao will attempt the quadruple in this competition because TAT previously stated that after the Olympics, she will do it. I wonder how'll it be. I think Mao will win WC...the chances are high.

I must completely dissagree with you! It would blow my mind if Mao were to even attempt a quad at this worlds! I don't even think she has been practicing it for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

☆Genie wrote:

Neutral I think she meant next season (MAYBE), not in two weeks. She hasn't been training that regularly.

GO Mao in Torino! Cheering
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Really? Ah.... scratch that rumor out then =x
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks for the information!

Does anyone know what the pre-session is? confused

Are they splitting up the skaters or is it just a practice session?

Last edited by sapphiresky on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 pm

☆Genie wrote:

I guess if Mao were to attempt something new it would be 3A-3T, which Tat mentioned once she'd like her to perform, or am I crazy?

But I'm sure she can't do it now. Maybe in the future. For now, we'll have the same layout as olys, which is pretty good. But I doubt she can win WC even skating clean... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Yukari retired - you must have missed the announcement thread in the Other Skaters section, ☆Genie.
On a positive note, Akiko is the third representative for Japan. She looks pretty excited too, because this will be her first Worlds! Very Happy

Best of luck to Mao. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:58 pm

clovera wrote:
Yukari retired - you must have missed the announcement thread in the Other Skaters section, ☆Genie.
On a positive note, Akiko is the third representative for Japan. She looks pretty excited too, because this will be her first Worlds! Very Happy

Best of luck to Mao. Many Hearts

I still can't believe one of my favourites retired.

Sad, Lonely

I don't know what I would do if Miki or Mao retired.

No

Anyways, I'm very happy for Akiko! I hope she can skate two strong performances! Go team Japan!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Mao mentioned in a recent interview with Ms. Kondo (of Aichi pref.TV) that she will practise quad and 3-3 during off season and see how it goes. So that means she will not attempt any quad at worlds.

As for Yukari, she withdrew from Worlds due to injury (remember at Nationals, she hurt her arm or elbow) and she will also retire this season. I feel very sorry for Yukari. She didn't make it to any of the Olys. She's been working so hard and I would have loved to see a medal on her again. Good luck to Yukari ! I will never forget her.

Genie, I would love to see MAO in the middle of the podium !! but I think the result will be the same as the Oly. I read somwhere that the judges will be almost be the same as in the Oly. If Mao wins, It'll be a BIG celebration here !! for those living in Korea, let's all meet ! I'll offer you a drink !
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

ddmm wrote:
Mao mentioned in a recent interview with Ms. Kondo (of Aichi pref.TV) that she will practise quad and 3-3 during off season and see how it goes. So that means she will not attempt any quad at worlds.

As for Yukari, she withdrew from Worlds due to injury (remember at Nationals, she hurt her arm or elbow) and she will also retire this season. I feel very sorry for Yukari. She didn't make it to any of the Olys. She's been working so hard and I would have loved to see a medal on her again. Good luck to Yukari ! I will never forget her.

Genie, I would love to see MAO in the middle of the podium !! but I think the result will be the same as the Oly. I read somwhere that the judges will be almost be the same as in the Oly. If Mao wins, It'll be a BIG celebration here !! for those living in Korea, let's all meet ! I'll offer you a drink !

I'm going to korea soon Smile~!
Are you an oppa Smile keke
Maybe she will..hm.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 am

Mao will only win if Yuna makes mistakes. And people will say "she won because Yuna made mistakes, she can't win by herself Commentator ". I wish Mao stayed home preparing for next season instead of wasting her time in Torino. Who, me?

Last edited by alyssa on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

Oh Good Genie !!! I didn't know you're korean-japanese.

Does Oppa mean dad ??? I don't understand korean but if it's right, NO WAY! Frustrated what makes you think that way ? and does Keke mean something in korean ? just wondering. Rolling Eyes Anyway, hope to see all the good Mao fan around here !!!!!

alyssa, I could not agree more.I'd prefer Mao to stay home and relax than going to that silly competition. I think eventhough yuna makes mistakes, she'll still win. Like I said before, you have to play the right political cards. And Samsung is doing a great job for Yuna. OK, I'll stop here. I won't be watching worlds this year.

I want Mao to have a rest.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

ddmm wrote:
alyssa, I could not agree more.I'd prefer Mao to stay home and relax than going to that silly competition. I think eventhough yuna makes mistakes, she'll still win. Like I said before, you have to play the right political cards. And Samsung is doing a great job for Yuna. OK, I'll stop here. I won't be watching worlds this year.

Exactly. Actually, I think WE need some rest too. Drama!
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:49 am

ddmm wrote:

Does Oppa mean dad ??? I don't understand korean but if it's right, NO WAY! Frustrated what makes you think that way ? and does Keke mean something in korean ? just wondering. Rolling Eyes Anyway, hope to see all the good Mao fan around here !!!!!

I'm not Korea but I do watch a lot of Korea TV drama. I think Oppa is not mean dad cause I notice that people in the TV drama usually say Oppa to their lovers or brother but I never hear they say that word to their father.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:11 pm

coolmeia wrote:
ddmm wrote:

I'm not Korea but I do watch a lot of Korea TV drama. I think Oppa is not mean dad cause I notice that people in the TV drama usually say Oppa to their lovers or brother but I never hear they say that word to their father.

Oppa- A boy older than you. Means brother. Used to girl-boy speech
Appa is dad Smile
keke is just haha in korean.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Someone at GS said that Carolina might be replaced by Valentina and Joannie will be going to a gala a couple of days before Worlds, so she might not go as well. This isn't confirmed, yet.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 pm

☆Genie wrote:
coolmeia wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Appa is dad Smile

ah~ thanks to both of you.
Ok, now I get it. I have a long way to go with my korean.
Ok Genie, I am not an Oppa. Smile
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

ddmm wrote:
☆Genie wrote:
coolmeia wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Appa is dad Smile

ah~ thanks to both of you.
Ok, now I get it. I have a long way to go with my korean.
Ok Genie, I am not an Oppa. Smile

Lol this is turning into a korean lesson ! lol.
Here are my podium predications:
Pairs:
1. S/S
2.K/S or Z/Z
3. Z/Z or D/D
Dance:
1. V/M
2. D/W
3. D/S
I really want Isabelle and Olivier to make it to the podium..
Men:
1. Plushenko or Takahashi
2. Plushenko or Takahashi
3. Oda/Chan
Women:
1. YuNa
2. Mao
3. Miki

I don't think Mao will catch YuNa this season, but if she makes the right choices and gets a full time coach in the training season then she will have a high chance Smile.
Here's a fighting to an awesome world championships and also to a new season to come!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm

☆Genie wrote:

Appa is dad Smile

Unrelated to Worlds, but thank you for clearing this up!! I'm always watching Korean dramas and wondering what they are saying! But now I know! Somehow it sounded similar to me for the Japanese word for grandmother
Laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 pm

ddmm, next time I'm in Korea, we need to meet and bond over how awesome Mao is (extremely loudly in a public place, too! Laugh)

As for Worlds, I feel it's going to be extremely anticlimactic, especially since it's Olympic season (funny how most years, Worlds is so utterly important, but the Olympics really puts it into perspective), and after the scoring at the Olympics. So what I want more than anything is for Mao to have her two perfect performances. I don't care about the placements- it's pretty obvious how it's going to end up. I just want her to achieve her goal and go clean in both programs. I too want her to be able to rest, but I think Mao will be much more satisfied finishing the season with performances she's proud of, instead of leaving it on her Olympics LP. (Not that she shouldn't be immensely proud of herself with how she did at the Olympics, but we all know she's a perfectionist at heart!)

Go Mao!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 am

I agree with that. Olympic seems big and it passed so I nearly forgot about that.
I've just known that it will be held in Turin. And because of many media are going
to invite Mao to everywhere as Silver Medalist, so I'm quite worried about her
time for practice.

I really want to see perfect Bells (in other costume) and perfect Masquerade with
that lovely Olympic costume.
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 am

bellarina wrote:
As for Worlds, I feel it's going to be extremely anticlimactic, especially since it's Olympic season (funny how most years, Worlds is so utterly important, but the Olympics really puts it into perspective), and after the scoring at the Olympics. So what I want more than anything is for Mao to have her two perfect performances. I don't care about the placements- it's pretty obvious how it's going to end up. I just want her to achieve her goal and go clean in both programs. I too want her to be able to rest, but I think Mao will be much more satisfied finishing the season with performances she's proud of, instead of leaving it on her Olympics LP. (Not that she shouldn't be immensely proud of herself with how she did at the Olympics, but we all know she's a perfectionist at heart!)
Go Mao!! Cheering
I can't agree with you any more. For most of ladies skaters, it would be soooo hard to keep motivation. If I were in Mao's position, I would run away...no doubt. Crying or Very sad
Mao, don't care about score, please consentrate on your performances! We are always behind you! Cheering
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 am

Quote :
And because of many media are going
to invite Mao to everywhere as Silver Medalist, so I'm quite worried about her
time for practice.

I think Mao had one BIG day of interviews and media right after she came back to japan. That's why we saw many interviews, but I think they were all from the same day. So, she only lost like one day of practices. THat's not too bad!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   World Championships 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2010
Page 1 of 38Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next