Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirai's future (Japan / US?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ichiro

Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Empty
PostSubject: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi! First post here, and I've been thinking about something recently. So as you all probably know, people can have dual citizenship in Japan and the U.S. until they're 22 (or 21? Somewhere along those lines). And so far Mirai's been competing solely for the U.S., but do you guys think there's any chance that she'd switch to Japan when the time comes for her to decide? Apparently Japanese media has reported that the Japan Figure Skating body has been trying to persuade her to cross over when the time comes, but those are just rumors and pretty unfounded, I guess.

Recently I also came across a Japanese interview that Mirai conducted in Japan, and I think she talks about America and Japan, especially towards the end. My Japanese is pretty limited, does anybody think they can translate it? The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btaFSo1YgjA&feature=player_embedded.

I dunno. Very Happy What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi, welcome and I hope not, if in the USA is difficult because of the high level, Japan is worst, look to poor Yukari, so good, but never could to go to oly because of the extreme high level in Japan.
Back to top Go down
imantrybes

imantrybes

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:40 am

Oh, I didn't know that Japan was trying to "win her over". I don't think she'll change though.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:45 am

I don't think Mirai will switch. At the present time the field in Japan is too deep... She would be risking missing the next Olympics because of not placing high enough at her own Nationals. Plus the scrutiny from media is more intense in Japan than is USA, so she would be just putting more pressure on herself.
Back to top Go down
ichiro

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks for the thoughts! It's a good point about the the Japan field being too deep, and Mirai's already made a name for herself as the future of U.S. skating. Personally for selfish reasons I'd like to see her not switch over to Japan; there's something special about rooting for somebody from your own county and I'd love to actually root for an American skater again. Smile

Last edited by ichiro on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 am

I heard she gave interview to some media, talked that she has no idea to change
nationality. I think she is too American, (you know sometimes, Asian and American
are different in thoughts) and she suits there not Japan. And she already has
reputation, coach, ice rink in America.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirai's future (Japan / US?)   Mirai's future (Japan / US?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirai's future (Japan / US?)
Page 1 of 1