Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From Yu-na's Forum

Go down 
+9
sofia
imantrybes
tianrushui
PochinkoPotanko
chapis
kawaiimao
Lilith112
Adriana
klarification
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 am

Today I finally got the chance to visit Yu-na's forum. It seemed like a tight community such as ours so I was happy to know that most of the people there were pretty nice.

However, I was surprised and a bit alarmed when some posters commented that the Mao forum- OUR FORUM- is full of hypocritical Mao fans who would use every opportunity to bash Kim Yu-na. They also said that there are a lot of negative things we say about Yu-na, and that we refrain from criticizing Mao. Most of them also say that they are too shocked to even go back.

Now, I don't know how they came to this conclusion. Maybe it's because I'm new here, but the feeling I get from this forum is that it has a warm and honest atmosphere. I don't think I've seen a rude post about Yu-na here. Most of the Yu-na related posts are done in a way that is thoughtful and not offensive. Some are made for fun, and I don't think they were posted just to mock Yu-na.

I am sure that some of our members here are active in Yu-na's forum too. What do you think guys? Do those people in Yu-na's forums make a valid point, or were they just exaggerations?

Also, I would like to point out that if any of these statements are true, then we must make an effort to change it. Just because we are Mao fans doesn't mean we are automatically Yu-na haters. What if Yu-na fans who are interested in Mao see those posts and think, "Oh people from Mao Forums are rude so I would avoid going there."

Moderators, administrators... Please close this if it's already off-topic. I just want to let out my feelings. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
Adriana

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 am

They're so obsessed with Yuna that when someone is not like "omgg yuna is the best long live queen yuna!!!!" then that person is automatically a hater in their opinion
Back to top Go down
Lilith112

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Adriana wrote:
They're so obsessed with Yuna that when someone is not like "omgg yuna is the best long live queen yuna!!!!" then that person is automatically a hater in their opinion

... wooooww, way to be stereotypical -_-

I like Yu-na. But I don't think she's the best ever, nor do I think she's perfect and nor do I believe that anyone who criticizes her is a hater. -_-
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:42 pm

klarification wrote:

Also, I would like to point out that if any of these statements are true, then we must make an effort to change it.

We must make an effort to please people from other forums? Shocked
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I read this and yuna forum since like 2 years ago, and I see before when Mao was in the standings like Yuna or better fo example when Mao for first time was world champion in this forum all people were very kind toward yuna and not so kind about Mao in Yuna´s forum, and I thought that this was a better forum then when to Yuna started with dominance and worlds records I see the inverse thing, then I think is very easy and logical, when Yuna´s fans can see her "queen" give a performance like her lp in worlds 2010 Disappointed and even win the lp to clean Mao then they only can feel shame (sorry) for Mao because they know even a clean Mao can´t win to not perfect Yuna, is logical, Why they would like bash to Mao when thanks to judges she can´t touch to Yuna? Very Mad
it´s like me for example, I like both girls, but since the judges started all this hype and overscored to Yuna I almost dislike her because I think all this is so unfair, and I know is not her fault but why they need treat her like that No , when I watched her score in the oly I believed that it was a joke Mad , I was so annoyed and sad, not only because Mao, I had not problem with Yuna winning but why with that ridiculous score, since then I can´t watch this "sport" seriously, I probably will stop to watch this "sport" when Mao will retire Sad .

And yes, this forum is infinitly the best forum, not dobut. Thumbs up!

sorry my english

Last edited by chapis on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:15 pm

klarification, I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but I might be one of those 'Yuna bashers' they're referring to in her forum.

I just finished writing a post in Mao Chat-Mao vs Yuna thread. Now, I don't think I 'bashed' Yuna in that post nor in any other of my writings. However, I suppose some Yuna fans would find it offensive.

But you know, since this is a Mao forum and eversince Yuna spoke of being intentionally impeded during warm-ups in which she shared the rink with Mao, honestly speaking, I still do have some hard feelings towards Yuna. Eversince that, I get a whole lot of comments for my Youtube vids on Mao, saying she's an impeder, cheater, and a dirty Jap. I erase these comments right away and block the ones who wrote them, so most folks hopefully haven't seen them, but I do get that ALOT!

And as alyssa pointed out in another thread, even if people on Yuna forum do not write bad things about Mao, they would be writing them if Mao was the one getting all those unfairly high scores instead of Yuna.

You have to understand the past 2 seasons have been extremely frustrating to most Mao fans. We all would have been simply against the judges or the system only, if it were not for that impeding accusation Yuna made. I'm Japanese, so I know very well that most of my people liked Yuna alot before she did that. We thought they got along really well, inspiring eachother as good rivals, and boy did we love that! Of course even then, there had been rumors that Yuna wrote she wished Mao would fall in some competition in her blog. But most of us didn't think it was true. I didn't let that bother me at all. And even after a while it did seem to turn out she actually did write such things, I still wasn't bothered by that, because Yuna was only a child then. Through her beautiful skating, I assumed she had grown out of such childish jealosy. I was happy for her when she recovered from back pains and stuff, it was a pleasure to see her Scheherazade and Danse Macabre....until she made those accusations, not thinking deeply enough that it was such a terrible thing to do to the other skaters. And that Korean news program had the nerve to add 'It always seems to be the Japanese skaters getting in her way'!

I've heard alot of Korean people comment on Youtube saying Yuna was generous enough not to mention names. I don't agree. If she were to say some skaters lack sportsmanship, she should have named which ones she was talking about IMO. But since she didn't do that, eveyone who ever shared the rink with her became a suspect. After seeing those footages, to me it seemed like Fumie was the one who got into her way most of the time. I don't think she did it intentionally, cause she's always like that in warm-ups; too caught up in herself, even during competitons in Japan, she's had millions of close calls, and even crashed into Miki once. But think about it. If Yuna says she's being bothered by certain skaters, most of the world would automatically think it's Mao, since they're noticed as rivals.

So, frankly...I don't really give a shit about how folks on the Yuna forum think of ME! I have my reasons for being a bit pissed about how their 'queen' has been giving a bad name for Mao and the rest of our girls. If it were the other way around, I'm sure they'd be pissed with Mao and may even bash her in the same way they claim we bash Yuna.

I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone here. But most Japanese figure fans DO feel more or less like me. However, if not me, I think the other Japanese members here are doing a fine job refraining from 'bashing' Yuna. If what they're writing here about Yuna is 'bashing', I couldn't even come up with a name on how to call the stuff written in our Channel 2 board and the Yahoo!Japan news comments. And had that Korean news program pointed out it was the American skaters or the European skaters who seem to get into Yuna's way instead of our girls, believe me, she would've gotten 'bashed' as 100 times worser than how we 'bash' her!

So, I'm sorry but...unlike non-Japanese Mao fans, it's very very difficult for Japanese Mao fans to love Yuna at this point and praise her like her fans would expect as being good mannered or whatever.
Thanks for reading. Hope you understand.

PS:Btw, I often seem to give the wrong impression, but I am not angry at you in any way klarification. I wish just as you, that both forums refrain from 'bashing' other skaters, so we can all be one happy figure loving family. But unfortunately, it's a bit too late for that IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Lilith112

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
klarification, I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but I might be one of those 'Yuna bashers' they're referring to in her forum.

I just finished writing a post in Mao Chat-Mao vs Yuna thread. Now, I don't think I 'bashed' Yuna in that post nor in any other of my writings. However, I suppose some Yuna fans would find it offensive.

But you know, since this is a Mao forum and eversince Yuna spoke of being intentionally impeded during warm-ups in which she shared the rink with Mao, honestly speaking, I still do have some hard feelings towards Yuna. Eversince that, I get a whole lot of comments for my Youtube vids on Mao, saying she's an impeder, cheater, and a dirty Jap. I erase these comments right away and block the ones who wrote them, so most folks hopefully haven't seen them, but I do get that ALOT!

And as alyssa pointed out in another thread, even if people on Yuna forum do not write bad things about Mao, they would be writing them if Mao was the one getting all those unfairly high scores instead of Yuna.

You have to understand the past 2 seasons have been extremely frustrating to most Mao fans. We all would have been simply against the judges or the system only, if it were not for that impeding accusation Yuna made. I'm Japanese, so I know very well that most of my people liked Yuna alot before she did that. We thought they got along really well, inspiring eachother as good rivals, and boy did we love that! Of course even then, there had been rumors that Yuna wrote she wished Mao would fall in some competition in her blog. But most of us didn't think it was true. I didn't let that bother me at all. And even after a while it did seem to turn out she actually did write such things, I still wasn't bothered by that, because Yuna was only a child then. Through her beautiful skating, I assumed she had grown out of such childish jealosy. I was happy for her when she recovered from back pains and stuff, it was a pleasure to see her Scheherazade and Danse Macabre....until she made those accusations, not thinking deeply enough that it was such a terrible thing to do to the other skaters. And that Korean news program had the nerve to add 'It always seems to be the Japanese skaters getting in her way'!

I've heard alot of Korean people comment on Youtube saying Yuna was generous enough not to mention names. I don't agree. If she were to say some skaters lack sportsmanship, she should have named which ones she was talking about IMO. But since she didn't do that, eveyone who ever shared the rink with her became a suspect. After seeing those footages, to me it seemed like Fumie was the one who got into her way most of the time. I don't think she did it intentionally, cause she's always like that in warm-ups; too caught up in herself, even during competitons in Japan, she's had millions of close calls, and even crashed into Miki once. But think about it. If Yuna says she's being bothered by certain skaters, most of the world would automatically think it's Mao, since they're noticed as rivals.

So, frankly...I don't really give a shit about how folks on the Yuna forum think of ME! I have my reasons for being a bit pissed about how their 'queen' has been giving a bad name for Mao and the rest of our girls. If it were the other way around, I'm sure they'd be pissed with Mao and may even bash her in the same way they claim we bash Yuna.

I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone here. But most Japanese figure fans DO feel more or less like me. However, if not me, I think the other Japanese members here are doing a fine job refraining from 'bashing' Yuna. If what they're writing here about Yuna is 'bashing', I couldn't even come up with a name on how to call the stuff written in our Channel 2 board and the Yahoo!Japan news comments. And had that Korean news program pointed out it was the American skaters or the European skaters who seem to get into Yuna's way instead of our girls, believe me, she would've gotten 'bashed' as 100 times worser than how we 'bash' her!

So, I'm sorry but...unlike non-Japanese Mao fans, it's very very difficult for Japanese Mao fans to love Yuna at this point and praise her like her fans would expect as being good mannered or whatever.

PS:Btw, I often seem to give the wrong impression, but I am not angry at you in any way klarification. I wish just as you, that both forums refrain from 'bashing' other skaters, so we can all be one happy figure loving family. But unfortunately, it's a bit too late for that IMO.

Eh? O.o

I read the article (this one I believe: http://www.blazingblades.com/695792756/item/) and um... she didn't mention names. Or even Japanese skaters. That was the reporter putting words in her mouth. And the video was actually made by SBS (which I believe angry Koreans made them take down lols).
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Lilith112 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Eh? O.o

I read the article (this one I believe: http://www.blazingblades.com/695792756/item/) and um... she didn't mention names. Or even Japanese skaters. That was the reporter putting words in her mouth. And the video was actually made by SBS (which I believe angry Koreans made them take down lols).
Then, who she is talking about? Six people in the final group, beside Kim and three Japanese skaters, there are two other skaters. So, by "she didn't mention names. Or even Japanese skaters", do you mean, it is ok for she to blame the other two skaters on obstructing her practice. Even if she didn't mention Japanese skaters, I still feel it is ridiculous for her to feel and claim in media that someone try to obstruct her practice on purpose. This is totally laughable. And do you know how these things bother Japanese skaters? Since then, Mao and Miki are asked many times about this practice obstruction thing. And tons of videos made by Korean fans to bash them. As a public person, Yuna really should take care about what she said in front of camera.
Back to top Go down
Lilith112

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:17 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Lilith112 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Eh? O.o

Then, who she is talking about? Six people in the final group, beside Kim and three Japanese skaters, there are two other skaters. So, by "she didn't mention names. Or even Japanese skaters", do you mean, it is ok for she to blame the other two skaters on obstructing her practice. Even if she didn't mention Japanese skaters, I still feel it is ridiculous for her to feel and claim in media that someone try to obstruct her practice on purpose. This is totally laughable. And do you know how these things bother Japanese skaters? Since then, Mao and Miki are asked many times about this practice obstruction thing. And tons of videos made by Korean fans to bash them. As a public person, Yuna really should take care about what she said in front of camera.

Um I said before... the video was made by SBS. I do not believe Yu-na was refering to anyone; Korea just blew her statement up into a huge massive thing. Yu-na merely mentioned that she's been obstructed in practice. And then the media made this into a huge massive thing, especially w/the historical context of Japan-Korea relationships. I agree that as a public figure she should take care of what she says in front of the camera, but I get the feeling here, it's more the media putting words into her mouth. As for fanatic Korean fans... well, I ignore them. And frankly, am ashamed of them -_-

Last edited by Lilith112 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Lilith112 wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
Lilith112 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Eh? O.o

Um I said before... the video was made by SBS. I do not believe Yu-na was refering to anyone; Korea just blew her statement up into a huge massive thing. Yu-na merely mentioned that she's been obstructed in practice. And then the media made this into a huge massive thing, especially w/the historical context of Japan-Korea relationships. I agree that as a public figure she should take care of what she says in front of the camera, but I get the feeling here, it's more the media putting words into her mouth. As for Korean fans... well, I ignore them. And frankly, am ashamed of them -_-
Well, that's what I feel laughable. As a skater, she should know it's a normal thing that she sometimes gets into others' route or some others get into her route. And we all know it's quite normal. These things happen in practice. The rink is shared by 6 people, not her own rink. Mentioning this kind of thing before media is really laughable IMO. Well, as a Mao fan, I can't forgive her on this thing because this hurts Mao no matter Yuna intended to do so or not. You, as a Yuna fan, want to defend her because you think she is innocent. I don't think we really should argue about this. We hold different opinions because of our different perspectives. We really can't reach an agreement on this.
Back to top Go down
Lilith112

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Lilith112 wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
Lilith112 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Eh? O.o

Um I said before... the video was made by SBS. I do not believe Yu-na was refering to anyone; Korea just blew her statement up into a huge massive thing. Yu-na merely mentioned that she's been obstructed in practice. And then the media made this into a huge massive thing, especially w/the historical context of Japan-Korea relationships. I agree that as a public figure she should take care of what she says in front of the camera, but I get the feeling here, it's more the media putting words into her mouth. As for Korean fans... well, I ignore them. And frankly, am ashamed of them -_-
Well, that's what I feel laughable. As a skater, she should know it's a normal thing that she sometimes gets into others' route or some others get into her route. And we all know it's quite normal. These things happen in practice. The rink is shared by 6 people, not her own rink. Mentioning this kind of thing before media is really laughable IMO.

Well I was responding to PochinkoPotanko's earlier statement that Yu-na had claimed Japanese skaters had obstructed her practice....

Actually, now that I read over Yu-na's words: ""Especially in the recent 4CC event, I felt it was a little too much. And I've been thinking that was not necessary," is that even refering to obstruction? O.o I mean, it makes no sense to say "... been thinking it was not necessary." How would that even relate to obstruction? I've been thinking it was not necessary obstruction? She requires obstruction? O.o Sounds more like pressure and SBS assumed it was obstruction now.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Yeah, all these are SBS's fault. Queen Yuna is 100% innocent. How could she not be innocent?
Back to top Go down
Lilith112

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:12 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Yeah, all these are SBS's fault. Queen Yuna is 100% innocent. How could she not be innocent?

*sigh* You see/hear what you want to hear...
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Lilith112 wrote:
tianrushui wrote:

*sigh* You see/hear what you want to hear...
Yeah, the same applies to you. I said we shouldn't argue on this.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Lilith112 wrote:
Well I was responding to PochinkoPotanko's earlier statement that Yu-na had claimed Japanese skaters had obstructed her practice....
Actually, now that I read over Yu-na's words: ""Especially in the recent 4CC event, I felt it was a little too much. And I've been thinking that was not necessary," is that even refering to obstruction? O.o I mean, it makes no sense to say "... been thinking it was not necessary." How would that even relate to obstruction? I've been thinking it was not necessary obstruction? She requires obstruction? O.o Sounds more like pressure and SBS assumed it was obstruction now.

Excuse me, but may I defend myself here?
Did I write in my post that it was Yuna who claimed our girls obstructed her?
I don't think so!
Did I not clearly state that the news program did?
I even wrote that Yuna should've given names!

And um, Lilith do you speak Korean? Because I remember a subtitled version of that interview in which Yuna had said something like 'But in 4CC it was too much. I didn't think they'd go that far'. I don't speak Korean, so I can't help myself but trust what the subtitle says. If you're fluent in Korean, and if the subtitlings were wrong, please correct me.

But anyway, you can't deny the fact that she mentioned somebody was getting in her way during warm-up, whether it be intentional or not. And even if she didn't say they were doing it on purpose, when an athlete makes comments like that, automatically all her fans are gonna start hating every other skater who was in the rink with her. I think Yuna could've been wise enough to see that coming.

Plus, it seems her mother was raged at the news program for airing that interview. Why should she be, if Yuna had not said anything that might arouse trouble? And when Yuna herself was asked about that impeding comment before Worlds that year, she just said 'I didn't say Japanese skaters' and told the media she doesn't want to be bothered by this matter. As if she was the only one being bothered by that accusation! And if she really wasn't talking about our skaters, then she at least could've said 'I didn't MEAN Japanese skaters'. Oh but how could she? If she said that, the prime suspects would be Joannie and some others from North America. With the Olys coming up in Vancouver, she wouldn't have wanted to accuse Joannie, sure.

And lastly, did you know that the Korean Skating Fed or whatever claimed that during Olys practice, this time Glebova intentionally impeded Yuna and the other Korean girl? I'm not saying Yuna pointed fingers at Glebova(don't get me wrong this time!). But it seems every time someone gets in her way during practice, conveniently for Yuna, somebody else makes the accusations for her. Plus with all these girls practicing, I for one find it a little strange that it's always Yuna who gets impeded. And I hardly find it convincing that Glebova would imagine even for a second that she might medal, if only she succeeded in bothering Yuna! Glebova never would've medaled even if she broke Yuna's leg or something, and Glebova herself I believe must've been quite aware of that! So what's the point in her impeding Yuna? The Korean Skating Fed is just too damn over protective and self conscious about their skaters! If they go on like this, noone's ever going to want to share the rink with their skaters.

Besides, why in the world was Yuna practicing with skaters ranked much lower than her, while all the other top girls were practicing together at a different time? I personally think that ISU didn't want any more trouble with rumors that the others were impeders, so they detached her from the top group practice session.

There was even an article in the papers here (not tabloid), that when Yuna came to Tokyo for GPF, when she appeared in the rink, the other girls who were practicing together all stopped and moved to the rinkside. Of course since our papers are very polite, they wrote that 'they did so probably to honor the queen' (mind you, this wasn't written in a sarcastic way). But well, I think most people understood it as 'they did so probably to avoid impeding the queen'.

I've learned from this topic that some people can care a great deal about Mao, but not be the least bit angered by Yuna's accusation, which although resulted in Mao being called horrible names on the net. That is soooo mature! I can never be like that! I hope that sometime in the future, Yuna would come to her senses and admit that she was mistaken about the impeding accusation, and apologize for causing others trouble. If she'd do just that little favor, I'd be able to fully enjoy her performances like I used to before that interview. I don't think any good came out of what she said in it. It aroused alot of hatred amongst figure fans, and that I think is one thing an athlete should avoid no matter what! But hey, I also remember her laughing her head off in that Korean comedy show, when one of the comedians made a joke saying 'intentional impeders must leave!'. So, I guess Yuna at least had a good laugh from all this! Good for the 'Queen'!

Well! As others, I'm finished saying what I want on this subject, so I'm gonna drop it here!
Back to top Go down
imantrybes

imantrybes

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
And lastly, did you know that the Korean Skating Fed or whatever claimed that during Olys practice, this time Glebova intentionally impeded Yuna and the other Korean girl? I'm not saying Yuna pointed fingers at Glebova(don't get me wrong this time!). But it seems every time someone gets in her way during practice, conveniently for Yuna, somebody else makes the accusations for her. Plus with all these girls practicing, I for one find it a little strange that it's always Yuna who gets impeded. And I hardly find it convincing that Glebova would imagine even for a second that she might medal, if only she succeeded in bothering Yuna! Glebova never would've medaled even if she broke Yuna's leg or something, and Glebova herself I believe must've been quite aware of that! So what's the point in her impeding Yuna? The Korean Skating Fed is just too damn over protective and self conscious about their skaters! If they go on like this, noone's ever going to want to share the rink with their skaters.
Oh wow, really? This is ridiculous. Glebova had not the least bit interest to interrupt Kim's practice..
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:51 am

imantrybes wrote:
Oh wow, really? This is ridiculous. Glebova had not the least bit interest to interrupt Kim's practice..

http://japanese.joins.com/article/article.php?aid=126474&servcode=600 (Korean paper 'Chuo-Nippo' Japanese version article on Glebova disturbing Yuna)

Translation:

With Olympic sport Figures skating SP (Feb 24th) coming up, Yuna Kim who was practicing in the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver Canada on June 22, and an arguement that she was interfered by an athlete in Estonia, is arousing excitement amongst internet users.

The director of the Korean Skating Association Chon Jung; who is in Vancouver as a coach of Min Kwak had filed the claim. On the 22nd, Director Jung, after practice, told some journalists that "Elena Glebova of Estonia made the other players feel danger because of her especially large moves" and "She interfered Kim Yuna's skating course, and almost crashed into her so many times" he said.

Fortunately, Glebova is in the fourth group during competition on the 24th, so she will be practicing on the 23rd separately (from Kim).

Some 'journalism' this paper sure is! They only listen to one side, giving Glebova no chance to explain anything! I especially hate the last line where they had the nerve to add 'Fortunately', as though they're sentencing her to be the total heal! And I've heard that Glebova has been getting countless bashing comments and mail through her official site eversince this article came out (Surely we can assume what kind of people sent them!). It's so unfair for her! Mad

Last edited by PochinkoPotanko on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sofia

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:54 am

Adriana wrote:

That's perfect. Laughing First of all we are Mao's fans and not Kim's, but I think most of us don't hate her. Some of us (for example me) don't like her too much, but that doesn't mean I hate her. I'm just a Mao-fan, and I think there are so many Kim-fans on that forum who don't like Mao. It's absolutely natural, I think. The only one thing that bothers me is that all the Kim-fans expect that everyone in the world say: Kim is the best, she is the "Queen", who is superior even to God. And they can't immagine that for others the "best ever" and the "queen" is someone else. Although I admire Yuna Kim, I am a Mao-fan for 4 years, and in my eyes, the only queen, the only favourite is her. Dear fans from Yuna-forum: if that bothers you, I'm truly sorry.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 am

Of course it's Mao forum, and as Yuna is a top skater now, you can hear more critics of Yuna here then critics of Mao there. I think it's normal, sometimes it goes to far though. But to be honest,I also had a moment when I was annoyed by Yuna. I always love both girls, they are my favourite skaters ever. But when Mao was struggling a lot and Yuna was reaching forward, I started to feel... jealous maybe..And all these craziness from Yuna bots at Youtube who making super heroic videos etc. I know for sure, a lot russian Yuna fans torn away form her after that. But is it Yuna fault? No. She once said absolutely amazing thing. " I and Mao don't have problems with each other but people around us have." This is a problem. I'm very happy that I can see these two gorgeous girl competing with each other. It's a big successes. I don't know how to explain it, may be it's in russian culture. We're not so easy going on all these superstar status , we're more supportable to people who're second or having troubles. Then, I understood that I was annoyed not by Yuna but by everything which was around her. I asked myself :" Do you love Yuna,Asya?" "Yes", "So that's your problem?" I went through the same with Plushy. Yuna ia a wonderful skater and a wonderful person. Don't be harsh on her because of her crazy fans. She didn't deserve that.
Back to top Go down
imantrybes

imantrybes

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
imantrybes wrote:

http://japanese.joins.com/article/article.php?aid=126474&servcode=600 (Korean paper 'Chuo-Nippo' Japanese version article on Glebova disturbing Yuna)

Translation:

With Olympic sport Figures skating SP (Feb 24th) coming up, Yuna Kim who was practicing in the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver Canada on June 22, and an arguement that she was interfered by an athlete in Estonia, is arousing excitement amongst internet users.

The director of the Korean Skating Association Chon・Jeun; who is in Vancouver as a coach of Min Kwak had filed the claim. On the 22nd, Director Jung, after practice, told some journalists that "Elena Glebova of Estonia made the other players feel danger because of her especially large moves" and "She interfered Kim Yuna's skating course, and almost crashed into her so many times" he said.

Fortunately, Glebova is in the fourth group during competition on the 24th, so she will be practicing on the 23rd separately (from Kim).

Some 'journalism' this paper sure is! They only listen to one side, giving Glebova no chance to explain anything! I especially hate the last line where they had the nerve to add 'Fortunately', as though they're sentencing her to be the total heal! And I've heard that Glebova has been getting countless bashing comments and mail through her official site eversince this article came out (Surely we can assume what kind of people sent them!). It's so unfair for her! Mad
Neutral Thanks for the link and translation.Wow. Absurd. First Kim was given the opportunity to skate with a relatively weak group, calmly away from all the top ladies and then it turns out that even that isn't good enough? Because sure, Glebova was making her "large moves" right in Yuna's way.. Very Happy Sorry, but that's just funny. What sort of large moves were those I wonder. Was she intentionally trying to keep her feet wide apart? And flail her arms in Yuna's face.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 am

Adriana- Maybe some people think that.

Lilith112- I'm the same. I like her, but I'm not easily swayed that I'll go, "KYA! It's Queen Yuna!"

kawaiimao- I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I just want to change their perception that we are extreme Mao fanatics who automatically hate Yuna. You see, a lot of people who are new to skating visit the Yuna forums (probably after seeing Yuna's performance in the Olympics) and I am worried that if they see some bad comments about our wonderful forums, they'll be discouraged to go here.

chapis- Yes , I like Yuna too but I felt a bit mad at her because judges tend to inflate her score. It's not directly her fault, but still the whole thing is ridiculous.

PochinkoPotanko- I see. Well don't worry about it. I'm sure that as a Mao fan, you can't just sit around while she is being unfairly treated. I don't share your feelings for Yuna because I honestly like her, but I do know that I hate the fact that she 'complains' a lot when compared to our Mao.
I do agree that she should be more careful with her words, because Mao and the other Japanese skaters are affected everytime she says a comment about people who are 'obstructions.' What's even worse is the tone in which she made that comment. That the obstruction was planned and intentional. It's unfair to Mao and that Glebova girl. My guess is that she was probably absorbed in her own skating. I don't think it would ever cross her mind that she'll stand a chance if she managed to 'accidentally' prevent Yuna from practicing. Poor girl. I just hate it when the media tries to find a scapegoat everytime their Queen fails them.
And I am glad to know that you are honest with me. I don't sense any hatred for Yuna in your posts, just annoyance and a bit of resignation. I don't know. But I'm glad to know that we're good. Very Happy

tianrushui- Yuna needs to be clearer with what she said. I agree that this whole thing was overblown by SBS. They always make a big deal about things like this.

sofia- Exactly my feelings! We respect Yuna, but the true queen of the rink in our eyes is definitely Mao-chan. I'm not generalizing the fanbase, but most Yuna fans expect people to think she's the best there ever was.

polosatik- Yuna said that she doesn't have any problems with Mao but I do know that it is awkward for her. I remember her saying in an interview that she once wished that she won't run into Mao in a competition. Sometimes it's the fans who make their healthy rivalry ugly. But when Yuna fans bash Mao, well we just have to defend her right?

imantrybes- I am interested in those 'big moves' too. I laughed at the mental image of Glebova waltzing around and then flailing her arms in Yuna's direction.

Guys, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I'm just disappointed that our image there in the Yuna's forums can be summarized as:

1.) Yuna haters with a lot of negativity (not true, as you can read from the posts)
2.) Extreme Maotakus who refrain from criticizing Mao (not true, because most of us recognze that she shouldn't concentrate on her 3A alone, etc)

I guess the posts there are just exaggerations. It hurts me when they say bad stuff about us. We are a warm community and I want to keep it that way. Peace out~!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 am

klarification wrote:

polosatik- Yuna said that she doesn't have any problems with Mao but I do know that it is awkward for her. I remember her saying in an interview that she once wished that she won't run into Mao in a competition. Sometimes it's the fans who make their healthy rivalry ugly. But when Yuna fans bash Mao, well we just have to defend her right?

Right Yep!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:18 am

klarification wrote:

Guys, thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I'm just disappointed that our image there in the Yuna's forums can be summarized as:

1.) Yuna haters with a lot of negativity (not true, as you can read from the posts)
2.) Extreme Maotakus who refrain from criticizing Mao (not true, because most of us recognze that she shouldn't concentrate on her 3A alone, etc)

I guess the posts there are just exaggerations. It hurts me when they say bad stuff about us. We are a warm community and I want to keep it that way. Peace out~!

That's exactly the way it is and if people from Yu-Na forum have any problem with that then it's only up to them to deal with it somehow. We are not in any way obliged to formulate our posts with special considerations for Yu-Na fan's feelings!Rolling Eyes
I stopped going to the Yu-Na forum years ago because I didn't like the way they talked about Mao there. But I certainly didn't start my own thread here about how all the people on that forum are Mao-hating crazy Yu-Na bots.
It also seems my having not exactly positive perception of their forum hasn't killed anybody so I don't think we should be too worried about our image either.

But I understand what you mean, klarification.Smile
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 am

The only time I was ever at that forum was when someone mentioned that there was a pic of her and Mao hugging after the Olympics in one of the threads.

Then I saw a lot of negativity about our forum- I never went back since.

They're entitled to their opinions but I hate that they're spreading false messages, and are also trying to make their forum sound "superior"- which it is not by any means.

I saw a couple of posts explaining why they felt their skater was superior- I don't agree, but I won't bash them for it- since they're obviously biased and they have their own favorite skater.

It's a fan forum for goodness sakes, we're all supporting our own favorite skater- we don't criticize them for it, so they shouldn't either.

A lot of those people, when they visit this forum, would only focus on the negativity (and be overtly sensitive too), especially when their truefavorite skater was mentioned (yes, some say they like both, but people can tell who you like better Razz). If their intention was not to come in here to support Mao, then what's the point of coming here? They want to see posts supporting their favorite skater and become angry when Mao-fans like Mao better (obvious statement?), and point out the other skater's flaws (isn't that the point of a forum?- for a discussion). Then they go back to their forum, complain and find solice with each other- so typical.

I find it funny how some people only post in this forum when *the other skater is mentioned, how some people's 1st post ever in this forum was to defend another skater...that tells you a lot...

If you come in here with an open mind, with the intention of supporting Mao instead of defending another skater, I fail to see how anyone could have come to those conclusions.
Yes- this is a message for you, those lurking around...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 am

Lilith112 wrote:

With all the respect, Lilith112, if things were the way you said, Yuna would have said something like "They took my words out of the context", or "I didn't mean that", or whatever afterwards. Did she say so? No! So, we can conclude she really meant obstruction. As PochiPota said, it doesn't matter if she said the word "Japanese" or not. It's her behaviour that made us angry. She accused ALL THE LADIES who were with her in those warmups (including Japanese skaters, Joannie, Carolina and others I can't remember now), and that certainly isn't something one should do, especially when Worlds were about to come. It wasn't a simple complaining, it was a malicious accusation. How would you feel if you were accused in public of sabotage?

I'm surely one of those ppl Yuna's fans hate. Do I care? No!
We live in a free world where everyone has the right to speak their minds, so, unless I say something offensive about her (Which I'm pretty sure I've never done), I do have the right of saying what I think and what I feel.

Plus, this is mere hypocrisy. They do talk about Mao in a negative way there. They say she didn't deserve to win in 2008, for example. I've seen some guys even calling us "brainless" because we dare to say Yuna's score in olys was inflated. Of course, no one should criticize the untouchable "queen". Rolling Eyes They claim we never criticize Mao. Do they criticize Yuna? They're unable to admit her 150 was inflated, as if one needed proof to agree with that. For them, her 1st place in Worlds LP was ok, she even deserved more points. And then WE refrain ourselves from criticism? Commentator

Some Yuna's fans are hypocrites! Yes, they are. Not all, of course, but many of them. They have the guts to complain about Yuna haters in youtube (claiming with no proof that they are all Japanese), as if she were the only poor one being stalked and there wasn't a single vid bashing Mao. Disappointed

sapphiresky wrote:
A lot of those people, when they visit this forum, would only focus on the negativity (and be overtly sensitive too), especially when their truefavorite skater was mentioned (yes, some say they like both, but people can tell who you like better Razz). If their intention was not to come in here to support Mao, then what's the point of coming here? They want to see posts supporting their favorite skater and become angry when Mao-fans like Mao better (obvious statement?), and point out the other skater's flaws (isn't that the point of a forum?- for a discussion). Then they go back to their forum, complain and find solice with each other- so typical.

Perfectly said!

Yes, I don't like Yuna. I don't like her excuses, her warmup nonsense, her fans, and her being protected by judges. And I have the right of disliking her or anyone else on this planet. And I'm not gonna hold back my feelings because her fans don't like it. However I know I don't have the right of offending her, and practically everything I say is about scores, because her personal life doesn't interest me at all.

Klarification, do you get hurt when they say bad stuff about us? Don't be. Ignore it. Such ppl don't deserve your getting upset about them. And if I sound angry with you, be sure I'm not. I get angry with hypocrisy.

Like PochiPota said, it would be beautiful if we could live in peace, and just enjoy our fave skaters performances, but, right now, it's impossible, I'd say that unfortunately it will only happen when Yuna retires, and the ones responsible for this are Yuna herself, her staff and her fans. Because Japan has always had great skaters, and this level of hatred had never happened. It came along with Yuna's success, so we can assume the responsible ones are on her side.

Let's not bother about these ppl, this is OUR forum, not theirs. And if they don't like what they read here, all I can say is that I'm terribly sorry. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

From Yu-na's Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Yu-na's Forum   From Yu-na's Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Yu-na's Forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next