Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World soccer cup

Go down 
+18
jkblues
aoi88
inskate
klarification
MaoMaoRevolution
ddmm
clovera
☆Genie
mingming
Dani-Chan
F.
sofia
summervie
polosatik
Spacey
PochinkoPotanko
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who will be the winner?
Argentina
World soccer cup Vote_lcap10%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Brazil
World soccer cup Vote_lcap24%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
England
World soccer cup Vote_lcap5%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
France
World soccer cup Vote_lcap0%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Germany
World soccer cup Vote_lcap14%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Italy
 5% [ 1 ]
Portugal
World soccer cup Vote_lcap10%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Spain
World soccer cup Vote_lcap29%World soccer cup Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Other (Specify)
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:41 am

One of the biggest sports events is about to start, and it's almost impossible to ignore it. So, let's talk a bit about it?

Edit: Let's give opinions about who has most chances of winning, despite our preferences, ok?

** I listed the favorites in alphabetical order in the poll. Forgive me if I forgot anyone.

Last edited by alyssa on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 am

Portugal, of course!

lol!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 am

OMG! alyssa, you didn't include our Japanese team! How could you!

...LOL!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

I wish I really could've meant what I wrote in the beginning of this post, but...our Japanese team sucks! No person in his or her right mind would ever include them in a poll as to which team will win! And most of all, no Japanese person would ever include them for sure! We all know very well, more than anyone that we are terrible at soccer! Someone...a Japanese person...wrote in some BBS that our team even being allowed to participate in the World Cup is an abomination to the sport! And almost everybody who read that agreed with him! Laugh

I don't know much about soccer myself but I watch it sometimes...only international competitions, though. So, I really have no idea which country seems to have the best shot at it this year. I'll just root for all you guys' countries here in the forum. I'm sure I'll have more fun that way, rather than hoping for miracles for the Japanese team. Bawling
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 am

World soccer cup Icon_scratch alyssa, you did not vote for your own country? Right now it is at 100% Portugal. Way to go MikiAndoFan#1!

I love football but I have not been following it that much this past few seasons. I was World soccer cup Icon_mad very madWorld soccer cup Icon_evil when Daisuke Matsui was not chosen to represent Japan in Germany. Since, I've been watching off and on. I used to stay up very late and watch Serie A and English Premiere League. I haven't done that in a while. I've been distracted by World soccer cup 5534 Mao.World soccer cup 92512 World soccer cup Icon_razz World soccer cup 340889

Nevertheless, I am super excited about the World Cup! I'm definitely going to watch. I do not have high hopes for the Japanese team.World soccer cup 383730 But I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of handsomeWorld soccer cup 5534men showing off their skills!World soccer cup 335418 World soccer cup 23732 World soccer cup 463631
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:52 am

Spacey wrote:
World soccer cup Icon_scratch alyssa, you did not vote for your own country? Right now it is at 100% Portugal. Way to go MikiAndoFan#1!

I don't know whom I should vote for. Razz

Spacey wrote:
I love football but I have not been following it that much this past few seasons. I was World soccer cup Icon_mad very madWorld soccer cup Icon_evil when Daisuke Matsui was not chosen to represent Japan in Germany. Since, I've been watching off and on. I used to stay up very late and watch Serie A and English Premiere League. I haven't done that in a while. I've been distracted by World soccer cup 5534 Mao.

Me too. Mao's been taking all my attention concerning sports recently. Too sweet!

Pochi, I knew you'd say that! Laugh
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 am

alyssa wrote:

World soccer cup Icon_scratch Aren't you from Brazil? World soccer cup Icon_sunny

Maybe you are trying not to jinx them. Anyway, predicting the outcome of such an event is almost impossible.World soccer cup 340889
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Since Russian team is not going, I'm not sure for whom to root for scratch
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Spacey wrote:
alyssa wrote:

World soccer cup Icon_scratch Aren't you from Brazil? World soccer cup Icon_sunny

Maybe you are trying not to jinx them. Anyway, predicting the outcome of such an event is almost impossible.World soccer cup 340889

Yeah, but I'm not sure how far our team can go. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Well, I envy your team.World soccer cup Icon_king World soccer cup 463631
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Spacey wrote:
Well, I envy your team.World soccer cup Icon_king World soccer cup 463631

Many ppl do because our guys play well, for sure. But the Brazilian team is notorious for letting political issues influence their performances. Rolling Eyes

Last WC was a complete shame. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks for creating the topic, alyssa. Smile

Just looked in Wikipedia... Starting from 2007, in the World Cup 2010 qualification matches have participated precisely as many nations (204) as at the Beijing Olympics. Talking about "one of the biggest sports events is about to start" part. Smile

Voted for England. Feel it's their time to win. Also considered Argentina, even though they aren't that tough these days.
The majority of people see Spain as the main favourites - and that is exactly why they aren't. Smile

A player to see - Robinho (Brazil). Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are more complete overall, but if there's a player who was touched by God (so to speak), that's him. study
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwqYQ8aFuSg (Watch from around 1:30.)

Last edited by summervie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:45 pm

polosatik wrote:

Root for Japan Polosatik!World soccer cup 463631 You may get your heart broken but it will only be temporary. Come winter, we get to see Mao!World soccer cup 420949
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Portugal, of course!

lol!
Portugal will win in 2018 (being coached by Mourinho). Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Spacey wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Root for Japan Polosatik!World soccer cup 463631 You may get your heart broken but it will only be temporary. Come winter, we get to see Mao!World soccer cup 420949
Good idea! cheers Love
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Robinho's "dance" is really popular here.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 pm

summervie wrote:

Laugh

Oh, José Mourinho. Can't stand him. He's a great coach, but he's so arrogant!

Very Mad
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I rooted for Portugal when Brazil was eliminated in 2006. I so wanted them to make the finals. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Laugh

Very Mad
He does seem arrogant. Is it very wrong of me to say that I think he is handsome.World soccer cup 340889 His personality ruins it. But I think he is good looking!
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Spacey wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Laugh

Very Mad
He does seem arrogant. Is it very wrong of me to say that I think he is handsome.World soccer cup 340889 His personality ruins it. But I think he is good looking!
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
summervie wrote:

Laugh

Very Mad
He's arrogant, but for a good reason I'd say. Smile After all, he really is the best coach in the world, and in that role he is indeed special. Smile

Last edited by summervie on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm

summervie wrote:
And, well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUD4IxLIPuo cat (Leaving Inter Milan for Real Madrid.)

That was very moving. It seems like he cares a lot about his players and has a pretty good relationship with them. Arrogant and all, I still think he looks like a movie star. Yummy!World soccer cup 289804
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Spacey wrote:
summervie wrote:
And, well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUD4IxLIPuo cat (Leaving Inter Milan for Real Madrid.)

That was very moving. It seems like he cares a lot about his players and has a pretty good relationship with them.
Yes, this is one of the main points of his coaching philosophy: all players and staff members of his team should be like one family.

World soccer cup Chelsea0308
Fried
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 pm

summervie wrote:
Spacey wrote:
summervie wrote:

That was very moving. It seems like he cares a lot about his players and has a pretty good relationship with them.
Yes, this is one of the main points of his coaching philosophy: all players and staff members of his team should be like one family.

World soccer cup Chelsea0308
Fried

And it's fundamental that the guy has leadership. Otherwise he loses control over the group. And this has been a problem for Brazil.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

This isn't about the poll(sorry), but did you guys see this?

http://www.worldcupbuzz.com/espns-2010-fifa-world-cup-murals/

ESPN made posters for all 32 countries!
I think some of them are a bit silly(the Australian one for instance), but on the whole I enjoyed the humor. But, I don't know what to make of the Portugal version...it kinda reminds me of an octopus. Rolling Eyes MikiAndofan, do you like it?
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:42 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
MikiAndofan, do you like it?

It does look like an octopus! It's hilarious!

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
MikiAndofan, do you like it?

It does look like an octopus! It's hilarious!

ROTFLMAO

Yeah, doesn't it? It kinda stands out though it's simple compared to the others because of the feet!

I personally like the French, German and Greek version. The Japanese one is...um...too predictable. The Korean one is cool too, but it seems the tiger is 'hand'ing the ball? Laughing

Good night to you all for today! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World soccer cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World soccer cup   World soccer cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World soccer cup
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next