Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )

Go down 
+20
mingming
Star85
coconut
PochinkoPotanko
dawnsherearequiet
Mirai
klarification
iceskatingfan
purplemaze
Luckyone
ballerinamao
clovera
Ken Himura
goldmao
bellarina
illani
Dani-Chan
inskate
chapis
aoi88
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Empty
PostSubject: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 am

In honor of Mao's 20th Birthday, I am starting a new survey game. The task is to list your top five Mao programs of all time. It's similar to the polls I did before but this time you can pick five instead of one. In addition, the choices are not limited to only programs she have done on the senior circuit. You can choose programs Mao did as a junior or even as a novice. You are also free to choose exhibitions. The top five most voted programs will get a special tribute at the end. flower

Last edited by aoi88 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 am

Okay, so I'll start. Very Happy

1) Nocturne (this is classic Mao cat )
2) So Deep is the Night (my favorite exhibtion of hers)
3) Fantasie Impromptu
4) Clair de Lune
5) My Girl (a personal favorite Wub )
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:56 pm

1. Ballade
2. Claire de Lune
3. Fantasie imp.
4. Bells
5. Por una cabeza
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Oh, it's so difficult to decide on top five. I love many programs for different reasons... Some were just like the pure joy of skating (Inca Dance, Carmen, Nutcracker), some were like the perfect fit of music and skater (Nocturne, My Girl, So Deep is the Night), some mature and challenging (Fantasie Impromptu, Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra) some just natural and effortless (Over the Rainbow SP and La Boutique Fantastique) and some a bit of everything (Por una Cabeza/Payadora, Caprices and Ballade).

I think I'm going to go with:

1. Caprices
2. Ballade
3. Nocturne
4. Por Una Cabeza / Payadora
5. Fantasie Impromptu

...and I ran out of places. I seriously want to include My Girl, Nutracker, La Boutique Fantastique, Singx3 and Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra, too... Sweatdrop I also really like the new Tango SP, but I think it's too early to include it in the poll yet. I want to see it more polished, in the new costume and on a normal-sized rink. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:04 pm

OMG IS HARD TO CHOOSE JUST 5 FAVORITES :DD

1. Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra (Love Love)
2. Ballade
3. Nocturne
4. Masquerade LP
5. Bells of Moscow

Yeah, I do love the last two ones, though they are very underrated Crying or Very sad
I also love Caprice, Clair de lune, Csardas, So deep is the night...omg and I forgot Por una cabeza, now I have no more spots Sad

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Yes, so hard to choose...but I suppose I'll go with:

1. Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra (it had everything I love about Mao's skating!)
2. Clair de Lune
3. Bells of Moscow
4. Fantasie Impromptu
5. Ballade

But there are so many runners-up! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:43 pm

This is SO HARD. I just rewatched a lot of them yesterday in honor of her birthday, so this should be pretty easy, but..nope.

1. Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
2. Nocturne
3. Ballade
4. Clair de Lune
5. Caprice
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm

god this is really hard! hmm....

1. Bells of Moscow (music & costume are my all time favorites + 2 triple Axels = epic!)
2. Czardas (it looks so easy, carefree and playfull, I really like it!)
3. Masquerade (I simply love the performance of the SP at the olympics!)
4. Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra (full of passion & the ending pose when she flips her head back is amazing!)
5. Fantaisie-Impromptu (love at first sight ^.-)

but I have to say that all of her programmes are amazing and every programme is brilliant in its own way! For example I hated the Masquerade LP at first but the performance at the NHK Trophy then left me completely speechless and today it's also one of so many favorites king
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:30 pm

So difficult to say (this remind me when someone ask me about my favorite Michael Jackson disc), ok I’m going to try…..

1. Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra / Por una cabeza / Ballade N. 1
2. Fantasie Impromptu / Bells of Moscow / Czardas
3. So Deep Is The Night / Nocturne N. 2 / Clair de Lune
4. Caprice N. 24 / Masquerade / Over The Rainbow
5. The Nutcracker Suit / Carmen

(Please forgive me; I’m not good with English Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:18 pm

This is way too difficult. Unconscious

1. Clair de Lune
2. Caprice
3. My Girl
4. Ballade
5. Bells

...and I run out of space just like everyone else. Razz
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm

really diffecult to chose but I will try here is my list

1.ballede (it's classic,light,elegant,mature)
2.nutcracker suit (classic, fairy, soo mao, simply a prima ballerina on ice)
3.bells (soo different, dark, sadness, powerful)
4.scent of a women (tango)
5.fantasy of the violin

itøs pretty hard to describe why I chose those programs, every program of mao is truely something speciel, but these programs are truely speciel to me...
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:49 pm

2. Claire de Lune
3. Masquerade Waltz
4. Ballade No.1
5. Fantaisie-Impromptu

I love every program of Mao, just i think this ones are my favorites, although i also LOVE the ballade no.1 bc its the mao's EX I have watched live, well the only one I watched live of mao Smile
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm

1. So Deep is the Night - ( It's one of my all time fav. among Mao's pieces, very magical, soft, and she skated to it with her hair down. love her last pose in here sooo much! )

2. Fantasie Impromptu - ( I could never forget the way she skated to this at Worlds in Sweden 2008, i almost felt that after the slip on her 3A, Mao will not lose, i just know that somehow she would come back and win her 1st World and she did! I also love her jump elements then. her 3F+3L, 3LZ+3T were just amazing! )

3. Ballade - ( Simply Lyrical, Soft, and Fairylike!!! 癒やされる~ )

4. Claire de Lune - ( i bought the Cd and play it everynight, love Mao's circular step sequences here, and her last combination spins, not to forget her lovely spirals. )

5. Por Una Cabeza - ( I was actually in awe and completely speechless when I 1st saw her performed it, i thought then that TAT was really a genius, and I love everything about Mao in this piece. )

A close tie at 5th were her Nocturne and Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra. It was tough trying to come up with my fav. 5 pale Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:17 am

Hmm...so many wonderful programs to choose from! But I guess I'll go with:

2. Clair de Lune
3. Czardas
4. Fantasie Impromptu
5. Por Una Cabeza

flower
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:36 am

WHY MAKE THIS HARD? I'm not sure, because the ranking becomes different when it comes to my mood but right now, it's in this order:

1. Caprice
2. Nocturne
3. Fantasie Impromptu
4. Por Una Cabeza
5. Bells of Moscow
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 am

In no particular order:

1. Fantasia for Violin & Orchestra (Currently my fave SP of hers so far. The upcoming tango SP might change that though queen )

2. Caprice (Playful and passionate. Just fan-tastic! Too sweet! )

3. Por Una Cabeza (I've always loved the tango & having Mao skate to this is just dreamy! Cloud 9 )

4. Fantaisie-Impromptu (Mao & Chopin can do no wrong!!)

5. Nocturne (Ditto. Like a Star @ heaven )

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:47 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:06 am

Ken Himura wrote:
So difficult to say (this remind me when someone ask me about my favorite Michael Jackson disc), ok I’m going to try…..

1. Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra / Por una cabeza / Ballade N. 1
2. Fantasie Impromptu / Bells of Moscow / Czardas
3. So Deep Is The Night / Nocturne N. 2 / Clair de Lune
4. Caprice N. 24 / Masquerade / Over The Rainbow
5. The Nutcracker Suit / Carmen

(Please forgive me; I’m not good with English Embarassed )

Ken Himura, you're making this hard for me! Razz For the game to work, you can only pick five. It's like picking your five favorite MJ songs. I'll give you another chance to pick out your favorite five out of these choices. Otherwise, I'll have to just pick the first one from each line. I know this is hard guys but that's also part of the fun right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:36 am

Just 5? Not 10? This is tough! Mad

In no special order:

Bells of Moscow: I didn't like it at first, but I grew to love and admire it so much.
Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra: Most beautiful sensitive skating with her best artistry.
Czardas: She was totally a natural for this complex music, only Mao can skate to this.
Por una cabeza: I simply love the choreo and the costume.
Clair de Lune: I think Mao looked most beautiful when skating this pro.

I can't believe I had to leave Nocturne out! And I still love the Nutcracker too! And I love Masquerade, even the long version! How can I not? I saw it live at WTT! With that brilliant killer 3A! Even my husband who was with me there got goose-bumps seeing it! I can never forget how dynamic she was in that performance. Confetti
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 am

Mao has so many great programs but these are my top 5.

1. Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra (I like it so much I even hope she skates to this music again for FS in future. Embarassed )
2. Nocturne
3. So Deep Is The Night
4. Bells of Moscow
5. La Boutique Fantastique
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm

I think I will reply to this poll after I see her new programs - which will make my decision even harder.... pale
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:47 am

This is sooooo tough!

In no particular order
1.Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra
2.So deep is the night
3.Por una cabeza
4.Ballade#1
5.Clair de Lune

It's really really tough!! Unconscious I also love Bells, Nocturne, Fantaisie Impromptu, Carmen and more programs.. Faint2
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 am

First place undoubtedly "Bells of Moscow". This program was such original and touching!! I love everything about it: music, interpretation, all those difficult elements and wonderful choreography.

2. Por una Cabeza
3. Masquerade SP
4. Masquerade FS
5. Caprice

I know I wrote Masquerade twice, but for me those program were different.

Masquerade-FS was dark
Masquerade-SP was joyful

Moreover choreographies were different. Anyway I prefer Tarasova than Nichol but I have to admit Mao's new exhibition program is lovely sunny I hope her FS will be such good too Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 am

I have tallied up the votes to get the top 5 most voted Mao programs. But since there seems to be a lot of ties for the top places, I will only do a tribute to the top 3 most voted programs. So here are the results!

Number 3 (with 7 votes each) goes to a tie between Nocturne and Caprice.

Number 2 (with 10 votes each) goes to a three-way tie between Bells, Por Una Cabeza, and Clair de Lune.

And.....

Number 1 (with 11 votes each) goes to a tie between Fantastie Impromptu and Ballad. king

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:32 am

As part of the tribute, I will post links to my favorite performances of the top 3 voted Mao programs. Thanks everyone for participating in the poll game. cheers

No. 3

Nocturne Skate America 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w (Her senior debut remains one of my favorite performances.)

Caprice Nationals 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQDjvTYi7s

No. 2

Bells of Moscow Worlds 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4iBgY13E-M

Por Una Cabeza Worlds 2009 Gala
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9921LChDlBc (Again, hard to choose a favorite performance, but this was a lovely and memorable performance after a relatively disappointing worlds.)

Clair de Lune WTT 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_pEv0eC3k (The best performance of this SP and one of my favorite Mao performances ever!)

No. 1

Fantastie Impromptu 4CC 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sHFceaGEY (While her Worlds and GPF performances may be more exciting, I feel this one was the most beautifully executed.)

Ballad Ex DOI 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeT0xCnv2U

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )   Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Five Mao programs (Updated with Results and Tribute )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next