Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!

Go down 
+76
kitty
Yunamao
apple4me
Alina
~*AAA*~
Haidogirl
periperi
itcaip
MaoChan756
KariDebate
dlynndao
jkblues
i♥MAO
beppu
maofan93
Okami
Alokya
Spacey
tianrushui
josling
gurami
bibi
swan
theicemarks
kaarolcia
yuki
MikiAndoFan#1
Lady_in_black
maochan
chiyori
will_power
femariel
inspiration*
kawaiimao
sapphiresky
europeanfan
iceskatingfan
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
SpecialK
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
dlnnyc
tilitom
Jtsmith1
ericacsy
polosatik
jirachiness
bellarina
maowataiyo
klarification
linglang
snowdrops24
kirakira
sweetdream
alyssa
inskate
Pandorina
sky
chineseteacup
clovera
ballerinamao
Ken Himura
mingming
Mao_Asada_sunrise
illani
Dani-Chan
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
coconut
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
roma
Batsuchan
purplemaze
☆Genie
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

Thanks kirakira for the link.
Mao's interview is hilarious Razz

Thanks snowdrops24 for translation. I think the part "少しでも" means "as much as possible."

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20101003-OHT1T00302.htm
Yes, this article says Mao will visit Shin-Yokohama (where Mr. Sato is based) more frequently and even make ready to stay there for a long span. But, from this article, I don't think Mao will switch her training ground from Chukyo to Yokohama.

http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2010/10/04/0003504933.shtml
This article says that by having Mr. Sato coming over to Chukyo, there are 4 or 5 days intervals.

I've translated this article posted by kirakira.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20101004-686471.html

I don't know if I'm able to convey it precisely. I'm open to suggestions. Please help me if you find something that doesn't make sense or wrong.

Asada has got a clear vision for entering a new season after reaching 20 years old. After the Vancouver Olympics, she’s determined to work on some jumps including lutz which she is not good at. At the Japan Open held on Oct. 2nd, she made mistakes on after another. That was a severe trial she has to stand in order to pursue her vision of a perfect performance.

Asada: My ideal performance is when I first debuted in the GP series (2005). I was shorter than I am now and it suited well. Although I wasn’t as good as I am now when it comes to other elements, my jumps were higher back then. I want to bring back those jumps as much as possible. I’ve started to feel during practice that I’m getting some achievement, but I’ve not accomplished yet. I think I will have to spend six months, one year, or two years, otherwise I cannot truly bring them back and become consistent.

She’s determined to spend as much as two years at maximum to polish her competitive edge, jumps. However, her FS program “Liebestraume” requires her to perform herself just the way she is. Same as other young women, Asada is dreaming of love.

Asada: Before I turned 20, there were things that I had to give up because I was a child. I wants put on make-up and enjoy a leisurely dinner at a restaurant with night view. Boyfriend? I want a boyfriend, but I don’t have any. The theme of this season’s FS program is dreaming of love, so I think it’s OK if I imagine I’m in love with someone. The man of my dreams? My sister (Mai) says he must be “tall, fun and good looking” and I agree with her. But, I want my boyfriend to be a good cook, who cooks delicious dishes for me and says “Eat it.” I cook myself recently. My specialty is Kabocya-no-nimono (cooked pumpkin).

Her eating habits have changed as she grows up.

Asada: I’d eat only meat at a BBQ restaurant and I didn’t eat vegetables at all. The source of energy for jump is meat, isn’t it? And, I’d eat snacks (laughter). I couldn’t eat even salads and if I eat it, it’s only corns. But, I started eating a variety of vegetables about two or three years ago. I enjoy choosing and eating a balanced diet myself. Autumn is the best season for chestnuts. Chestnuts are not vegetable? But, chestnuts are good for relieving your leg fatigue.

Asada reached her 20th birthday on Sept. 25. When she talks about her determination for this season, she seems to have matured, leaving her child-like quality behind.

Asada: This is a new season after reaching 20, after the Olympic Games, and after I finally got a new coach. It’s a fresh new start for everything.

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 am

Thank you snowdrops24 and linglang for the translations. When Mao started talking about vegetables, I almost lost it. That girl is too funny! Razz

And I'm glad that Mao is being realistic with her jumps. Two years is a long time and Mao's already in her twenty's- the middle age for skaters- so it'll be a tough battle. But Mao has fire! Ooh, I can't wait for her to prove her naysayers wrong!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the translations guys! Btw, what does the 4 or 5 day interval regarding Sato mean? I thought it only takes an hour and 1/2 to go from one training center to the other. scratch
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks kirakira, snowdrops24 & lingling! The articles were great. She is the epitome of a true champion that never ceases to challenger herself Cheering

aoi88 wrote:
Thanks for the translations guys! Btw, what does the 4 or 5 day interval regarding Sato mean? I thought it only takes an hour and 1/2 to go from one training center to the other. scratch

It basically says that Sato started coaching Mao in September. He's based in Yokohama and commutes to Mao's university to give her lessons. With that type of arrangement, there's a 4 to 5 day window where Mao is on her own. Therefore, Mao is eventually going to start commuting to Yokohama and have some type of base there so that Sato and her can increase the hours of training.

Sato probably has other obligations that prevents him commuting to Chukyo-dai on a everyday basis.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks for the translations!

Yes, Mao seems to have a very realistic outlook on improving her jumps, and I'm glad to see this. I know she has the persistence to see this through.

Quote :
But, I want my boyfriend to be a good cook, who cooks delicious dishes for me and says “Eat it.”

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO That is so Mao...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:42 pm

ROTFLMAO Mao!!! Girls your age are most probably dreaming of tall, cool, and handsome guys but here you are dreaming about a good cook. ROTFLMAO It just puts a smile on my otherwise hectic day. illani is right... it's so Mao. Love Hearts

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Thank you linglang! Mao seems extremely determined to get improve her jumps, and we all know what happens when Mao sets her mind to something! I have a feeling we're going to see an amazing progression. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Mao's boyfriend needs to be a good cook! That's so cute and funny!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:54 am

Mao is on an official blog of a Japanese comedian, Noritake Kinashi

http://ameblo.jp/kinashi-cycle/entry-10666035414.html

Cute Love Hearts

Suguri, Takahashi and Oda are also there on the same date.

(No text, only photo)
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:51 am

linglang wrote:
Mao is on an official blog of a Japanese comedian, Noritake Kinashi

http://ameblo.jp/kinashi-cycle/entry-10666035414.html

Cute

Suguri, Takahashi and Oda are also there on the same date.

(No text, only photo)

thanks for the link linglang! Very Happy

I love "tunnels" and specially prefer Noritake better than his duo partner Takaaki,
Noritake seems to love figure skating too, featuring Mao and other skaters on his blog. Razz
i love Mao's funny face on the picture, Kozuka's and Oda's too weren't bad, but the one that made me really laugh is Shuzou's very funny, comic face! Laugh It has brought smile to my rather "not-so-really good" day.... thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:35 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
NHK Trophy will be held in Nagoya, hometown of Mao.
So she think she can get power from her hometown
audience. She has an idea to bring back all jumps.
She is looking forward to performing and think that
she should have to do good performance too.

what do you mean by she has an idea of how to bring back her jumps. does she mean a technique where her jumps are more solid? scratch
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 am

Sorry to make you misunderstood.
I mean
SHE WANTS TO BRING BACK ALL JUMPS SHE COULD DO AGAIN.

She talked in other clip that she recognized that if she does fluently
she can bring out these jumps one day from last season so she challenged
to put every kinds of triple jumps in program.

SHE DOESN'T TALK ABOUT "HOW TO" BRING BACK THOSE JUMPS.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
Sorry to make you misunderstood.
I mean
SHE WANTS TO BRING BACK ALL JUMPS SHE COULD DO AGAIN.

She talked in other clip that she recognized that if she does fluently
she can bring out these jumps one day from last season so she challenged
to put every kinds of triple jumps in program.

SHE DOESN'T TALK ABOUT "HOW TO" BRING BACK THOSE JUMPS.

that makes sense heh... well I really hope mao will be ready for the granprix series...
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 am

I hope she will be ready, too! I feel as if she's ready to sacrifice a few competitions along the way just for consistency in the future, which I'm glad she's willing to, but I think I'm going to feel sad if she's sad about a performance. I just hope that up or down, she won't be sad because it'll make the rest of us sad for sure!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I hope she will be ready, too! I feel as if she's ready to sacrifice a few competitions along the way just for consistency in the future, which I'm glad she's willing to, but I think I'm going to feel sad if she's sad about a performance. I just hope that up or down, she won't be sad because it'll make the rest of us sad for sure!

yeah especially since she messed up at JO, and I have been reading what people in other forums where saying about mao. and they just didn't understand had just redone her jumps and she just get a new coach and has been going throug many changes, and therefor simply answered that they didn't like the program. soo I am really hoping and cheeri g for mao to prove every person who said that her program was/is bad... and even through I know this is a diffecult time for mao, where she is reworking on most of her jumps and that it takes time to get it solid. I can't help but have big expectations to mao, maybe it's because I just want her to do well, or because it's the fan that is inside of me that is watching. but I really hope mao makes it to the granprix final and wins it!!!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

yeah especially since she messed up at JO, and I have been reading what people in other forums where saying about mao. and they just didn't understand had just redone her jumps and she just get a new coach and has been going throug many changes, and therefor simply answered that they didn't like the program. soo I am really hoping and cheeri g for mao to prove every person who said that her program was/is bad... and even through I know this is a diffecult time for mao, where she is reworking on most of her jumps and that it takes time to get it solid. I can't help but have big expectations to mao, maybe it's because I just want her to do well, or because it's the fan that is inside of me that is watching. but I really hope mao makes it to the granprix final and wins it!!!

Yes I know! Criticism and comments are part of someone successful like Mao, someone talented like her, but she's a strong person. The more challenging something is, the more triumphant the ending will be. She can do it. We will just stay as loyal fans.
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:15 am

Hi everybody, yesterday night I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5c9QrU8CA

If you write Mao´s name on youtube search you found it in second order Shocked

I don´t know who did it, but it is so cruel. I´m a little sad and also angry Very Mad

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:30 am

Ken Himura wrote:

I don´t know who did it, but it is so cruel. I´m a little sad and also angry Very Mad

It's very mean and cruel. Frustrated

But, it's nothing new. Mao has been a target of this kind of attacks done by evil-minded people for several years.
Those people find pleasure in smearing Mao. And, it is obvious they will never stop.

I understand how you feel. You are not alone. Many other Mao fans including me share the same feeling.
It's so painful to know that there are vicious videos about Mao out there.
Actually, I'm furious whenever I come across those kind of videos or comments.

But, I ignore it. I'm getting used to with them.

And, we need to bear with them because our reaction, be it anger, sadness, or rebuttal, will make them satisfied even more, I think. Those kind of people get joy in hurting other people and they are looking forward to reactions from the people they hurt.
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:03 am

You are right the best choice is ignore it, thank you linlang......

I love Mao, go Mao go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 am

Ken Himura wrote:

You know that's the ugliest case of jealousy. Probably the person who made this video has no other thing in her/his life to do other than trying to defame a girl who already has accomplished so much in her life.
We love Mao and nobody will take this away from us Wub Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
jirachiness
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 am

What other people think of me is none of my business...

There will always be detractors. That's life... But we know better.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah, there's a new mean video that comes out for Mao no less than every few weeks. After a competition there's always multiple mean videos. This has been going on for years, and it's mostly Yuna fanatics that do it. I used to get pissed off, and write angry comments on the videos, but there's so many of them now... I usually don't even bother watching them. Most I will do is write something positive about Mao in the comments.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Does anyone know how often Mao will practice this month before her first Grand Prix competition? Anyone want to guess?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 pm

I have no idea, I just hope that she spends alot of time with nabou and isn't on her own most of the week. but it would be quite interesting to know...
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Star85 wrote:
Yeah, there's a new mean video that comes out for Mao no less than every few weeks. After a competition there's always multiple mean videos. This has been going on for years, and it's mostly Yuna fanatics that do it. I used to get pissed off, and write angry comments on the videos, but there's so many of them now... I usually don't even bother watching them. Most I will do is write something positive about Mao in the comments.

Do you know what's funny? These people say "shame on you" as if Mao owed them something. It's so pathetic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next