Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!

Go down 
+76
kitty
Yunamao
apple4me
Alina
~*AAA*~
Haidogirl
periperi
itcaip
MaoChan756
KariDebate
dlynndao
jkblues
i♥MAO
beppu
maofan93
Okami
Alokya
Spacey
tianrushui
josling
gurami
bibi
swan
theicemarks
kaarolcia
yuki
MikiAndoFan#1
Lady_in_black
maochan
chiyori
will_power
femariel
inspiration*
kawaiimao
sapphiresky
europeanfan
iceskatingfan
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
SpecialK
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
dlnnyc
tilitom
Jtsmith1
ericacsy
polosatik
jirachiness
bellarina
maowataiyo
klarification
linglang
snowdrops24
kirakira
sweetdream
alyssa
inskate
Pandorina
sky
chineseteacup
clovera
ballerinamao
Ken Himura
mingming
Mao_Asada_sunrise
illani
Dani-Chan
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
coconut
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
roma
Batsuchan
purplemaze
☆Genie
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
I have no idea, I just hope that she spends alot of time with nabou and isn't on her own most of the week. but it would be quite interesting to know...

From what I heard last time, she only spent two days a week before the Japan Open, which means around six times only. I hope it'll be much much more because now the competition is nearing. I really want to know to give us fans some insight before the first competition.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
I have no idea, I just hope that she spends alot of time with nabou and isn't on her own most of the week. but it would be quite interesting to know...

From what I heard last time, she only spent two days a week before the Japan Open, which means around six times only. I hope it'll be much much more because now the competition is nearing. I really want to know to give us fans some insight before the first competition.

According to Shizuka Arakawa's tweet, Mao started her practice at Shin-Yokohama (Sato Sensei's main rink) on Oct. 7th. The tweet says Taka-chan looked happy enjoying extra company at Shin Yokohama and he said "I've brought (her) here." It seems that Mai has joined them too. Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
We love Mao and nobody will take this away from us Wub Daisies for you

Can't agree more!!! flower
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 6:20 pm

linglang wrote:

According to Shizuka Arakawa's tweet, Mao started her practice at Shin-Yokohama (Sato Sensei's main rink) on Oct. 7th. The tweet says Taka-chan looked happy enjoying extra company at Shin Yokohama and he said "I've brought (her) here." It seems that Mai has joined them too. Razz
Thank you for the info linglang!! Very Happy Taka/Mao shippers- he looked happy, huh? I wonder why... Wink Hehehe.

I'm glad to hear Mao will be training more days of the week with Sato as the Grand Prix approaches. I'm sure they've also stepped up the teaching/learning aspect, instead of Sato merely watching like he did before.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:44 pm

linglang wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Hahaha! Aw!!!!! That's great! Will you please give me the Twitter links?

How often do you think she will practice per week? How often does a figure skater practice per week in the first place? Sorry! I'm not a figure skater myself, so I wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:21 am

Linglang, thanks for the good news! Now Mao can practice with Nobu who is always near her! Also I think this is a good stimulus to train with a male skater! Cool
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:38 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
linglang wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

How often do you think she will practice per week? How often does a figure skater practice per week in the first place? Sorry! I'm not a figure skater myself, so I wouldn't know.

You mean with Sato Sensei? I'm sorry I have no idea.
I hope Sato Sensei will be with Mao everyday and help her run-through as much as possible before NHK.

Mao's known a real hard worker. Upon accepting the offer from Mao, Sato Sensei asked her to take a day-off once a week. Batsuchan's translation of a news article is on the page 1 of this thread.

I remember TAT gave similar advice to Mao too because Mao seldom took a holiday and always worked long hours.

As far as I know, skaters practice (almost) everyday ... don't they? School children go to their rink very early morning before they go to their schools and come back to their rink after school. This is what I read about Japanese young skaters when I was child. So, it may be different now. Smile

http://twitter.com/tiramisu11

polosatik wrote:

Linglang, thanks for the good news! Now Mao can practice with Nobu who is always near her! Also I think this is a good stimulus to train with a male skater!

Yes! I agree!! Taka-chan's quality skating skill and speed will give a positive influence on Mao for sure Razz

BTW, I love your avatar. So beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 am

linglang wrote:

Yes! I agree!! Taka-chan's quality skating skill and speed will give a positive influence on Mao for sure Razz

Thank you! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:27 am

Thanks for all the good news! Thank you!

Glad to know Mao is practicing now in Shin Yokohama rink with Coach Sato. Boogie
Two more weeks till NHK Trophy, I wish Mao will both have a smooth SP and
LP performances.... Good luck! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

linglang wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
linglang wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

You mean with Sato Sensei? I'm sorry I have no idea.
I hope Sato Sensei will be with Mao everyday and help her run-through as much as possible before NHK.

Mao's known a real hard worker. Upon accepting the offer from Mao, Sato Sensei asked her to take a day-off once a week. Batsuchan's translation of a news article is on the page 1 of this thread.

I remember TAT gave similar advice to Mao too because Mao seldom took a holiday and always worked long hours.

As far as I know, skaters practice (almost) everyday ... don't they? School children go to their rink very early morning before they go to their schools and come back to their rink after school. This is what I read about Japanese young skaters when I was child. So, it may be different now. Smile

http://twitter.com/tiramisu11

polosatik wrote:

Linglang, thanks for the good news! Now Mao can practice with Nobu who is always near her! Also I think this is a good stimulus to train with a male skater!

Thank you for the Twitter link! I appreciate it! Now all I need to do is translate it to english. Hahaha!

I remember years ago I befriended someone who was a figure skater, although it wasn't our main topic of discussion. I should have asked her some questions when I had the chance. However, her mom told my mom that she practiced before and after school everyday. I just wasn't sure with Mao. If Mao practices everyday, she should be able to do fantastic in her programs. Maybe a few mistakes will happen here and there, but hopefully an improvement from Japan Open. I just hope she gets confidence because like in Japan Open, we saw that she did great in practice but differently in the performance. That's okay. No pain, no gain. No sacrifices, no victory. Mao knows that so she can be consistent in the long term.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 6:28 pm

linglang wrote:

Guys, sorry if this is a really stupid question...I feel like a bit of a dunce, but I just have to ask. What do you think Taka-chan meant when he said "I've brought her here"?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:43 pm

illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Guys, sorry if this is a really stupid question...I feel like a bit of a dunce, but I just have to ask. What do you think Taka-chan meant when he said "I've brought her here"?

You know what, I wondered the same thing, unless he meant it as,"Because of me, Mao chose to be here so that we can be together." HAHAHA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

You know what, I wondered the same thing, unless he meant it as,"Because of me, Mao chose to be here so that we can be together." HAHAHA!!!!!

Yeah, that crossed my mind. Laugh It just seemed like a statement out of the blue to me. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 pm

illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Yeah, that crossed my mind. Laugh It just seemed like a statement out of the blue to me. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing. Razz

Lol! We can only assume! Mao's future is really open now, so we never know! Are you really from Alaska? Just asking. Lol! It's just sometimes people don't put their real location to keep private information private.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Lol! We can only assume! Mao's future is really open now, so we never know! Are you really from Alaska? Just asking. Lol! It's just sometimes people don't put their real location to keep private information private.

Hm, I guess we need Batsuchan to sort this thing out! Razz

And yes, I'm really from Alaska. I used to be much more proud of that than I am now. (But I won't get into politics here) Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
ericacsy

ericacsy

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:49 pm

meh we really shouldn't care about that mean video. to be honest the person who made it was really stupid. skaters fall. all. the. time. newsflash? what's so "shameful" about falling on the ice. wtf Frustrated

can't wait until NHK!! : D it'll be another struggle between me and KeyHole TV. lol not looking forward to that part.
Back to top Go down
http://moredistraction.tumblr.com/
Jtsmith1

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:40 pm

This might be a weird question, but I was wondering does anyone know if Mao still lives at home or does she have like her own apartment ?
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 pm

illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Hm, I guess we need Batsuchan to sort this thing out! Razz

And yes, I'm really from Alaska. I used to be much more proud of that than I am now. (But I won't get into politics here) Lips sealed

Nah! No worries! I just wanted to ask if you have nearby figure skating rinks there. From where I came from, there's only ONE. Just ONE. Lol! I'm sure other cities have a lot more.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:37 pm

@Mao_Asada_sunrise
Yes, we have a couple of rinks, though I'm afraid I haven't set foot on the ice in awhile. I tend to fall a lot. Laughing Are you from Alaska too?

Sorry for getting off-topic here, as this isn't exactly Mao news... Blame Taka-Chan and his enigmatic comments, I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Actually I wondered what Taka-chan really meant too when I was translating it. Without knowing the context, I translated it literally. First thing came to my mind was ‘Knight Taka escorted lady Mao all the way from Nagoya to Shin-Yokohama.” Because Shizuka puts LOL after quoting Taka-chan, the way he said it probably sounded funny. I even thought it may be implying ‘Thank you for sharing ice time with her.’ I didn’t care Mao-Taka fantasy very much before. But, when I started thinking about it, it’s fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 pm

linglang wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Actually I wondered what Taka-chan really meant too when I was translating it. Without knowing the context, I translated it literally. First thing came to my mind was ‘Knight Taka escorted lady Mao all the way from Nagoya to Shin-Yokohama.” Because Shizuka puts LOL after quoting Taka-chan, the way he said it probably sounded funny. I even thought it may be implying ‘Thank you for sharing ice time with her.’ I didn’t care Mao-Taka fantasy very much before. But, when I started thinking about it, it’s fun. Razz

Hahaha! Same here! When other people started fantasizing about the romance that may be happening currently or in the future between the both of them, I started doing the same thing! It's so cute! Lol!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

illani wrote:
@Mao_Asada_sunrise
Yes, we have a couple of rinks, though I'm afraid I haven't set foot on the ice in awhile. I tend to fall a lot. Laughing Are you from Alaska too?

Sorry for getting off-topic here, as this isn't exactly Mao news... Blame Taka-Chan and his enigmatic comments, I guess. Razz

Lol! It's okay! I'm sure we'll be getting back to the Mao topic as soon as the NHK Trophy competition comes.

No I don't live in Alaska. I've actually moved a lot. From what I see, huge cities like New York City, Los Angeles, etc. have ice rinks (of course), but in hot places like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, not as much, even in big cities. You'll probably find around one. At least I think so.

Trust me. I fall a LOOOOOOTTTTTTTT. I wish to know how to do some basics at least!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 pm

linglang wrote:

Of course it's fun! Too sweet!

Hmm. So even Shizuka thought it sounded funny? That's comforting to know.

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
@Mao_Asada_sunrise

Lol! It's okay! I'm sure we'll be getting back to the Mao topic as soon as the NHK Trophy competition comes.

No I don't live in Alaska. I've actually moved a lot. From what I see, huge cities like New York City, Los Angeles, etc. have ice rinks (of course), but in hot places like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, not as much, even in big cities. You'll probably find around one. At least I think so.

Trust me. I fall a LOOOOOOTTTTTTTT. I wish to know how to do some basics at least!

Sorry! It was something about your question that made me wonder if you were from here. It wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood something, lol...

Loathe though I am to admit it, we probably we have hockey to thank for our ice rinks up here. It's really popular up here. (Not with me, though.)

Part of my problem is I'm super-shy, so it's hard for me to get out there and practice skating in front of anyone (particularly when I am very bad at it!). In the winter we have a lake we can walk to from our house, but the ice isn't always in good condition for skating.

But I guess I'm content to watch Mao and the others who know what they're doing... Laugh

And yes, it's hard when there's so little news...but I'm sure that means Mao is working hard. I can't wait for the NHK Trophy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:18 am

illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
@Mao_Asada_sunrise

Sorry! It was something about your question that made me wonder if you were from here. It wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood something, lol...

Loathe though I am to admit it, we probably we have hockey to thank for our ice rinks up here. It's really popular up here. (Not with me, though.)

Part of my problem is I'm super-shy, so it's hard for me to get out there and practice skating in front of anyone (particularly when I am very bad at it!). In the winter we have a lake we can walk to from our house, but the ice isn't always in good condition for skating.

But I guess I'm content to watch Mao and the others who know what they're doing... Laugh

And yes, it's hard when there's so little news...but I'm sure that means Mao is working hard. I can't wait for the NHK Trophy! cheers

I think you should be fearless and just skate, skate, skate. Lol! I think it would be nice to own some skates at least

I'm sure she's practicing everyday, but taking more breaks than the years past. I can't wait until she gets her original jumps back! No matter how long it'll take!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
linglang wrote:

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
illani wrote:
@Mao_Asada_sunrise

I think you should be fearless and just skate, skate, skate. Lol! I think it would be nice to own some skates at least

I'm sure she's practicing everyday, but taking more breaks than the years past. I can't wait until she gets her original jumps back! No matter how long it'll take!

These upcoming competitions might be difficult for us to watch. Of course we can hope for the best, but I know from watching others struggle with this how difficult it is to rework technique. But I'd much, much rather she face the music now than just keep going with the problems she had. The missing Lutz in particular just gave too much fuel to her critics, and it hurt her scores. I have a good feeling about the direction she's going in—reworking jumps, new coach, a little more rest (hopefully!), and of course that classic Mao attitude which makes it all come together. Many Hearts

(And thanks for the pep talk, lol. But we can't all be as brave as Mao... Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next