Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skate America 2011

Go down 
+19
jkblues
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
chiyori
maowataiyo
skfan
Mao_Asada_sunrise
zarinaballerina
polosatik
babayaga
clovera
roma
purplemaze
europeanfan
shikure
josling
dangerous_angel_face
ballerinamao
Alokya
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 am

kaabi thank you for the pics and videos! I am so jealous! I wish I lived in USA so I could attend SA.

I'm still angry at my self for missing Akiko at Triglav Trophy this year. If only I checked who's attending this competition Very Mad I hope though that more japanese skaters will come to Slovenia. (would love to se Haruka)
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:35 am

kaabi wrote:
Taking a break from studying for my econ quiz, I come to this forum and see all your responses, it makes me really happy after all this grueling studying! Very Happy

@maowataiyo: (I like your username too btw! Very Happy) If only I had gotten involved in this forum earlier, then we could've scheduled a meet up!! *is shy* Well it seems we're both located in the U.S. so there should be another opportunity someday (next time when Mao actually comes!!! Very Happy) We were seated in 106, which is across and towards the end of the arena (away from the kiss and cry). You had good seats!! I realize now sitting close to the kiss and cry area is the best place to meet the skaters (after reading your wonderful post and watching on TV... ;__; I'm so jealous you got to talk to Taka!!) How is the view from there? I wanted to sit there actually but I think my friend was afraid that the view of the skating wouldn't be as good... Were you sitting in the front row?? I saw quite a few sits up front available! (Not sure if this was during the exhibition or other event though) As for the rings, I was in the audience by then, and as much as I tried to reach for one I didn't get one so no Sad Did you get one?

So that was really long... Hope I didn't ramble too much haha! Oh yeah, as a side note while I was waiting backstage to volunteer (since I arrived early) someone thought I was one of the skaters and I had to tell them I was a volunteer Smile" I'm guessing that person didn't know figure skating very well but none the less I felt very flattered by the comment heehee

Laugh I had the same fate as you with econ a week earlier!

Thank you for the compliment, kaabi! I like your username too! It reminds me of the japanese pronunciation for Kirby- the cute pink character than can fly! We definitely have too meet up if Mao is assigned to a competition in the U.S. Yep! You and your friends can show me all the insider scoop and back entrances. In return, I'll call out to all the skaters you want to meet because I have no shame! lol Too sweet! In regards to the seating near the K&C, it has it's pros and cons. I think for plain viewing at the exhibition, your guys' seats are probably better because the skaters did a lot of their jumps near you guys more. But you'll probably have a lot more chances to speak to the skaters near the K&C, especially when it's at the gala because all the skaters exited to the right (it may differ for each competition) and they're more relaxed since they don't have to worry about scores by then. I was seated in the sixth row right alongside the K&C. I think no one sat in the front row. The only rows that had seats filled in front of us were the fourth (3 people) and fifth rows (4 people).
I didn't get a ring either! But the container that had all the rings & stuffed animals was near us so I tried very hard to get one Unconscious

And kudos to you for being mistaken for a skater Thumbs up! You must be very fit and skinny because all the skaters (even the ones I initially thought were not when I watched them on tv *sorry Caydee D.) were so slim!

shikure wrote:
just got her "thank you" from FB and felt great today.

Very cool. Cool Congrats, shikure!
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

kaabi wrote:
Taking a break from studying for my econ quiz, I come to this forum and see all your responses, it makes me really happy after all this grueling studying! Very Happy

@purplemaze: Thanks for your kind words they make me feel very warm and welcome!! ^_^ Wow, reading what you said about Japan makes me feel very fortunate to have been able to participate here. Yeah, the rules here are really relaxed, my friend was even able to sneak into all the events even though she only had tickets to 2 of the events b/c they don't check your tickets once you're inside the building!! (she volunteered as well) Figure skating is much more popular in Japan though, so I'm sure the atmosphere is really warm there! Have you ever attended a competition? I'm curious as to what it's like there! The stands were sorta empty here so that was kinda sad... Sad

So that was really long... Hope I didn't ramble too much haha! Oh yeah, as a side note while I was waiting backstage to volunteer (since I arrived early) someone thought I was one of the skaters and I had to tell them I was a volunteer Smile" I'm guessing that person didn't know figure skating very well but none the less I felt very flattered by the comment heehee

You're much welcome kaabi !

And thanks a lot too for replying to my message, that was very nice of you!!! Smile

Yes in most recent years, i was able to watch and had the opportunity to be a spectator at 2007 Worlds 'Ladies short and Men's free' (in Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium) ; and at the 2009 Grand Prix Final '1st day only' (this time in Yoyogi Stadium Tokyo) . I live in the boundary city separating Tokyo and Chiba-prefectures, so i was fortunate to attend those two events which are both held here in Tokyo. The two were totally different experiences for me as those two events were handled by two different major networks here. The 2007 Worlds was handled by Fuji Television Network, was very complicated from reserving tickets, arriving at the arena and till watching the actual competition. I must say I didn't actually like their system over at Fuji, the purchasing of tickets is very complicated and hard for me, because reservations were made impossible directly, they had to forward us from Lawson Ticketing offices- to - Ticketpia, and it was so stressful for I am a foreigner and have to ask for assistance from my husband. Falling in line during the competition day, i arrived 1 hour earlier and it took us almost 1 and a half hour to get inside. They confiscated my video camera then, digicam and even they wanted me to give them my CP as it also have a camera, prior to entrance. I fought with them and said they could take my cameras but not my CP. However, during the GPF 2009 (handled by ASAHI TV Network) it was much easier, from reservations and purchasing of the tickets it was a lot smoother. I only had to contact Kyodo Tokyo for tickets and pay it via credit card and they sent me the ticket a month before the actual date. They didn't took my cameras and cell phone. But just the same, they told me it is not allowed to take pictures of the skaters, both during practices and the actual competition. That didn't stop me though, I took a few shots of Dai, Nobu and Jeremy Abbot during their practice, and of YNK, Miki, Akiko, Joannie and the rest, while hiding my cam under my scarf and turning off the flash, I was caught a few times by the arena 'look-outs', same as those other seated behind me who were taking photos from their CP, and was given a warning twice so I stopped and wasn't able to take the photos of the then still JUNIORS - Kanako and Hanyu. During the Pairs and Ice-Dance I was able to take a few shots of S&S pairs and Moir & Virtue but that's all about it....

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 0_149110
this was during 2007 World Championships, since they had taken my cameras away, i only was able to take pics. outside the arena Sad

And these pics are some i took during GPF 2009:

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Daisuk11
Daisuke Takahashi, Sorry it was so blurry, like you kaabi i was so nervous and afraid to get caught that's why... I got a good ticket below, 1st row S seat very near the skaters, so i shoot and shooted eventhough it was prohibited, i was so shy too! Wink

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Dscf0110
Yuna Kim attempting a triple Flip here, it was such a nice experience seeing them this close and i also saw many coaches, including Frank Caroll, Morosov, and likewise former skaters - Arakawa and Honda Takeshi Smile

You are right kaabi, Figure skating here is so popular that you wouldn't see any vacant seats on most competitions and shows, the spectators are very much polite, and warm but not the arena officials and the event security perhaps. So yes you are very much fortunate to live there in the USA i guess....

That's about it for now: I apolgize if this is sooo long and if it doesn't have anything to do with SA, but since you asked me kaabi, i feel i might as well reply and share y'all my arena experiences during live competitions...I love reading your post and you sharing stories regarding your last volunteer job in SA, i hope you will also have a chance next time to approach and talk to your favourite skaters. thank you so much again!!!!! Smile flower

Last edited by purplemaze on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:14 pm

kaabi wrote:

@roma: volunteering is definitely a wonderful experience and I feel so grateful to have been able to do it! It definitely feels makes you feel more involved than just being in the audience (I bought tickets for the 2009 World Championships in Los Angeles, and I have to say as a volunteer I got better seats AND I had a better time!) I hope you get the opportunity to do it someday!!

@Mao_Asada_sunrise: Thank you, you make me feel a lot better ;___; If we ever meet up at an event we definitely have to force each other to approach the skaters!!! (I love your username btw Very Happy )

@purplemaze: Thanks for your kind words they make me feel very warm and welcome!! ^_^ Wow, reading what you said about Japan makes me feel very fortunate to have been able to participate here. Yeah, the rules here are really relaxed, my friend was even able to sneak into all the events even though she only had tickets to 2 of the events b/c they don't check your tickets once you're inside the building!! (she volunteered as well) Figure skating is much more popular in Japan though, so I'm sure the atmosphere is really warm there! Have you ever attended a competition? I'm curious as to what it's like there! The stands were sorta empty here so that was kinda sad... Sad

@maowataiyo: (I like your username too btw! Very Happy) If only I had gotten involved in this forum earlier, then we could've scheduled a meet up!! *is shy* Well it seems we're both located in the U.S. so there should be another opportunity someday (next time when Mao actually comes!!! Very Happy) We were seated in 106, which is across and towards the end of the arena (away from the kiss and cry). You had good seats!! I realize now sitting close to the kiss and cry area is the best place to meet the skaters (after reading your wonderful post and watching on TV... ;__; I'm so jealous you got to talk to Taka!!) How is the view from there? I wanted to sit there actually but I think my friend was afraid that the view of the skating wouldn't be as good... Were you sitting in the front row?? I saw quite a few sits up front available! (Not sure if this was during the exhibition or other event though) As for the rings, I was in the audience by then, and as much as I tried to reach for one I didn't get one so no Sad Did you get one?

@shikure: Aww it's sad you missed that opportunity make sure not to miss it next time!! Of course you can ask about Haruka, I actually opened the door for her! Smile I didn't know who she was until I heard her being called (I know her name but not her face thanks to lurking in this forum Smile) I remember thinking that she was very beautiful, I couldn't stop looking at her she was so pretty!! (took advantage of the fact that the skaters were so focused haha) Out of all the costumes I liked hers the best too, they were very well made (and not that pastel pink thank goodness!) Omg she said "thank you" to you though?? That's great! How did you contact her?

Hahaha! Thank you! I picked this username because Mao is literally like a wave of sunrise! Her smile and her personality really brighten up a lot of things in life!
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:43 am

purplemaze wrote:
kaabi wrote:

You're much welcome kaabi !

And thanks a lot too for replying to my message, that was very nice of you!!! Smile

Yes in most recent years, i was able to watch and had the opportunity to be a spectator at 2007 Worlds Ladies short and Men's free (in Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium) ; and at the 2009 Grand Prix Final 1st day only (this time in Yoyogi Stadium Tokyo) . I live in the boundary city separating Tokyo and Chiba-prefectures, so i was fortunate to attend those two events which are both held here in Tokyo. The two were totally different experiences for me as those two events were handled by two different major networks here. The 2007 Worlds was handled by Fuji Television Network, was very complicated from reserving tickets, arriving at the arena and till watching the actual competition. I must say I didn't actually like their system over at Fuji, the purchasing of tickets is very complicated and hard for me, because reservations were made impossible directly, they had to forward us from Lawson Ticketing offices- to - Ticketpia, and it was so stressful for I am a foreigner and have to ask for assistance from my husband. Falling in line during the competition day, i arrived 1 hour earlier and it took us almost 1 and a half hour to get inside. They confiscated my video camera then, digicam and even they wanted me to give them my CP as it also have a camera, prior to entrance. I fought with them and said they could take my cameras but not my CP. However, during the GPF 2009 it was much easier, from reservations and purchasing of the tickets it was a lot smoother. I only had to contact Kyodo Tokyo for tickets and pay it via credit card and they sent me the ticket a month before the actual date. They didn't took my cameras and cel phone. But just the same, they told me it is not allowed to take pictures of the skaters, both during practice and the actual competition. But that didn't stop me though, I took a few shots of Dai, Nobu and Jeremy Abbot during their practice, and of YNK, Miki, Akiko, Joannie and the rest, I was caught a few times by the arena look-outs and was given a warning twice so I stopped and wasn't able to take the photos of the Juniors then, Kanako and Hanyu. During the Pairs and Ice-Dance I was able to take a few shots of S&S pairs and Moir & Virtue but that's all about it....

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 0_149110
this was during 2007 World Championships, since they have taken my cameras i only was able to take pics. outside the arena Sad(((( Sorry it was so blurry, like you kaabi i was so nervous and afraid to get caught that's why...

And these pics are some i took during GPF 2009:

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Daisuk11
Daisuke Takahashi, I got a good ticket below SS seat very near the skaters, so i shoot and shooted eventhough it was, prohibited, i was so shy too! Wink

Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Dscf0110
Yuna Kim attempting a triple Flip here, it was such a nice experience seeing them this close and i also saw many coaches, including Frank Caroll, Morosov, and likewise Arakawa and Honda Takeshi Smile

You are right kaabi, Figure skating here is so popular that you wouldn't see any vacant seats on most competitions and shows, the spectators are very much polite, and warm but not the arena officials and the event security perhaps. So yes you are very much fortunate to live there in the USA i guess....

That's about it for now: I apolgize if this is sooo long and if it doesn't have anything to do with SA, but since you asked me kaabi, i feel i might as well reply and share y'all my arena experiences during live competitions...I love reading your post and sharing stories kaabi regarding your last volunteer job in SA, i hope you will also have a chance next time to approach and talk to your favourite skaters. thank you so much again!!!!! Smile flower

Nono not at all I'm so glad to hear about your experience!! It's so interesting to see how strict it is over there in Japan @__@ And omg I'm so jealous you were really really close!!!! Even though it's blurry I can see just how close you were to Daisuke Takahashi, I'm soooo jealous he's my favorite *______* How does he look in person, is he handsome? Razz And is that you in the white jacket? Very Happy Haha those giant figure skating boots are amazing, I don't think you'd ever see anything like that in America... :/

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Hahaha! Thank you! I picked this username because Mao is literally like a wave of sunrise! Her smile and her personality really brighten up a lot of things in life!

YESSSS *______*

maowataiyo wrote:

Laugh I had the same fate as you with econ a week earlier!

Thank you for the compliment, kaabi! I like your username too! It reminds me of the japanese pronunciation for Kirby- the cute pink character than can fly! We definitely have too meet up if Mao is assigned to a competition in the U.S. Yep! You and your friends can show me all the insider scoop and back entrances. In return, I'll call out to all the skaters you want to meet because I have no shame! lol Too sweet! In regards to the seating near the K&C, it has it's pros and cons. I think for plain viewing at the exhibition, your guys' seats are probably better because the skaters did a lot of their jumps near you guys more. But you'll probably have a lot more chances to speak to the skaters near the K&C, especially when it's at the gala because all the skaters exited to the right (it may differ for each competition) and they're more relaxed since they don't have to worry about scores by then. I was seated in the sixth row right alongside the K&C. I think no one sat in the front row. The only rows that had seats filled in front of us were the fourth (3 people) and fifth rows (4 people).
I didn't get a ring either! But the container that had all the rings & stuffed animals was near us so I tried very hard to get one Unconscious

And kudos to you for being mistaken for a skater Thumbs up! You must be very fit and skinny because all the skaters (even the ones I initially thought were not when I watched them on tv *sorry Caydee D.) were so slim!

Actually my username does come from Kirby!! That was my nickname since junior high school, since I loved Kirby soooo much back then XD Heehee that sounds like a good plan, it's a deal! Thumbs up! I really need help approaching skaters haha, must be brave!! My friend and I kept moving closer since our seats were pretty far back and there were still empty seats up front Sweatdrop

Haha you flatter me so, I'm definitely not nearly fit and skinny enough to be a skater Razz I know what you mean about the skaters that look thicker on TV though! But in reality they really are all very fit and slim~
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 am

Hehe, very cool nickname. Smile
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 pm

kaabi, yep! Daisuke is much, much more handsome in person. I'd say 'gorgeous' is the more appro word to describe him! Wink

He is just an average height, i recall he's about a head shorter than Nobunari, but he has this oozing charisma and presence on ice, that will make you just wanna stare at him. Daisuke is also very polite and has waved occasionally to the crowds and to our direction during the practices then... I love you

Me, getting this close to Dai is nothing compared to your experiences kaabi ~ i.e. opening the doors for Alissa C. and Haruka I. is quite cool!!! you're such a very lucky gurl~! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 am

purplemaze wrote:
kaabi, yep! Daisuke is much, much more handsome in person. I'd say 'gorgeous' is the more appro word to describe him! Wink

He is just an average height, i recall he's about a head shorter than Nobunari, but he has this oozing charisma and presence on ice, that will make you just wanna stare at him. Daisuke is also very polite and has waved occasionally to the crowds and to our direction during the practices then... I love you

Me, getting this close to Dai is nothing compared to your experiences kaabi ~ i.e. opening the doors for Alissa C. and Haruka I. is quite cool!!! you're such a very lucky gurl~! Thumbs up!

:BB Ohh myy gosshh yes I can tell Daisuke is such a gentleman!! I have to admit sometimes I feel like the skaters are annoyed by the fans (thus my shyness in approaching them) even though that's probably (hopefully) not the case!!!! But with Daisuke he's always smiling and warmly greeting his fans so I feel like I would have no problem at all approaching him @___@ I hope being so kind all the time doesn't make him stressed or anything!!

haha I already think Daisuke is handsome in pictures/videos, if I see him in person I might faint Swoon
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:00 pm

kaabi, I thought I replied to your post a while ago but I think my computer messed up Sad Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the post and pictures! You make me want to volunteer, though I'd probably accidentally open the wrong door for the skaters or something Razz Are you in the California area? I'm in San Francisco, so I'll be going to US Nationals in January! I just wish Mao would have an event here sometime Sad
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 pm

from Daisuke Murakami's facebook~good to see them happily together
Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Mix10
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Cute pic of the guys! I think this is the first time I ever saw Charlie wearing specs. Smile

I wonder if Daisuke M. ever thought about getting U.S. citizenship and representing America. He might have a better chance at going to Worlds than competing against Dai, Taka, Nobu and Hanyu.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:53 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
Cute pic of the guys! I think this is the first time I ever saw Charlie wearing specs. Smile

I wonder if Daisuke M. ever thought about getting U.S. citizenship and representing America. He might have a better chance at going to Worlds than competing against Dai, Taka, Nobu and Hanyu.

Charlie looked like Angel during 2008 season but now he looks like middle-age man..what is going on there Smile

Actually Daisuke M. has the citizenship. He is American and he represented America before. I think Japan offered more resources for keeping skating and I did think if he represents America then he can get more chance Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisuke_Murakami_%28figure_skater%29
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks for the clarification, shikure!

I didn't know he had U.S. citizenship. I don't know why, but I always thought he was a legal resident that represented the U.S. at the junior level and had to be let go because the senior level would not allow for that. Yeah, I still think he'll fare better amongst the U.S. guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate America 2011   Skate America 2011 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate America 2011
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5