Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!

Go down 
+55
BowbowDaijin
silenceisgolden
pearlyriver
MaoChan756
dangerous_angel_face
kirakira
bellarina
sapphiresky
Mao2012
josling
cera
haruka25
Qian
ashcroft1086
tuyet
inskate
Sviatoslava
swan
klarification
dawnsherearequiet
kenkyo
Afsfan
illani
ElleluvsL
let`s talk
will_power
europeanfan
bibi
shar
WayCon
skfan
linglang
ddmm
Abdiel
babayaga
patknowsbest
qingshui
jkblues
Alokya
Eris
femariel
sadistyi
chapis
Star85
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
chiyori
kaarolcia
koala_lover
skating_fanatic
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
fefe_sky
polosatik
shikure
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Sviatoslava

Sviatoslava

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 am

ashcroft1086 wrote:
it was a photo taken from a farm in yamanashi prefecture during the off-season break.. yamanashi is where mount fuji is located... they have decided to adopt a farm.. mao sort of said that she is excited to eat fresh vegetables... then she ate soba at a restaurant...
Thanks for the translation!

Qian wrote:
So where is Mao now?In budapest or Japan? I'm really confused.
Also Happy because Mao is free from the media.Have a good rest~~~ Arrow
Hi, Qian!
According to today report information from Hungary she is still there. Probably she must be there for all this week long.
But I don't know what for she is there.
But anyway this information's calm and quiet is good.
Back to top Go down
Qian

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 am

Thank you for your information, Sviatoslava. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 pm

BTW, the person that was posting news about Mao training in Hungary today wrote that Mao is training with a grey-haired man who is not Japanese, she says he looks European. So it's not Nobuo Sato, but who could it be??
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:20 pm

babayaga wrote:
BTW, the person that was posting news about Mao training in Hungary today wrote that Mao is training with a grey-haired man who is not Japanese, she says he looks European. So it's not Nobuo Sato, but who could it be??
Yep, i read it today. I'm also wondering who could it be?
Mao is training with ice dancers now, I don't know what to think. If only we could see him.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 pm

What's with the Japanese skaters? Yuzu going to Orser, Dai to Morozov and Mao training with a grey-haired European man. Well, at least we know Mao is still with coach Sato.

Like you I'm wondering why she's there, who's the guy and what he is training her... so many questions but no answers for now. Not even any update on their official blog. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sviatoslava

Sviatoslava

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 am

babayaga wrote:
confused
Now this man is not Japanise. This is like guessing game. scratch I couldn't make conjecture and surmise who is he can be.

roma wrote:
What's with the Japanese skaters? Yuzu going to Orser, Dai
to Morozov and Mao training with a grey-haired European man. Well, at
least we know Mao is still with coach Sato.

Like you I'm
wondering why she's there, who's the guy and what he is training her...
so many questions but no answers for now.
Agreed.
This is an interesting thing about training get into a muddle. I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 am

it really is strange that there is no news about this at all... it's this kind of news we want to know more about...
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:59 am

still no news it's driving me crazy!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 am

I came across this video, completely by chance while browsing YT for gymnastics vids lol. I figured this was NHK 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Oqd7ALbCA&feature=related

I knew Mao tremendously improved her speed over the last 2 seasons, but now I see that what we see on TV is completely skewed! Mao skates HUGE! Much bigger than any female skater I saw live, excluding maybe CaroK.

Her speed and smoothness on the ice really doesn't come across on TV; I always thought her first axel and her axel combination were somewhat close to the center of the ice, but I see now that my impressions were completly wrong! She covers the ice with very few crossovers and it looks so effortless! Her spins look a lot faster here, and there are parts of her choreo which I always found tiny (spiral and those steps she takes towards the judges in her step sequence when she opens her arms) tha cover a LOT more ice than I thought. The acceleration before the 3S and the 3L near the end really looks impressive here too.

Hope you guys enjoy this just as much as I did!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 am

chiyori wrote:
I came across this video, completely by chance while browsing YT for gymnastics vids lol. I figured this was NHK 2011.

I knew Mao tremendously improved her speed over the last 2 seasons, but now I see that what we see on TV is completely skewed! Mao skates HUGE! Much bigger than any female skater I saw live, excluding maybe CaroK.

Her speed and smoothness on the ice really doesn't come across on TV;

chiyori, thank you! Daisies for you This was great to see. I agree with you, I was surprised how much faster she looks here than on TV. And her spins are awesome, I can't wait for the new season to start and see how Mao has improved.
I hope Mao will have an amazing season with many clean programs! Wub
Back to top Go down
haruka25

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:39 am

i don't know if this could be posted here,
but Mao's new ham commercial Very Happy too cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN1kN4Mzkc
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 am

chiyori wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Oqd7ALbCA&feature=related

Her speed and smoothness on the ice really doesn't come across on TV; I always thought her first axel and her axel combination were somewhat close to the center of the ice, but I see now that my impressions were completly wrong! She covers the ice with very few crossovers and it looks so effortless! Her spins look a lot faster here, and there are parts of her choreo which I always found tiny (spiral and those steps she takes towards the judges in her step sequence when she opens her arms) tha cover a LOT more ice than I thought. The acceleration before the 3S and the 3L near the end really looks impressive here too.

Wow she really does look faster!... So what's judges deal then?!

haruka25 wrote:
i don't know if this could be posted here,
but Mao's new ham commercial Very Happy too cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN1kN4Mzkc

That was so cute!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 pm

I am starved of Mao news. But I found this video compilation of selected step sequences from Mao's TAT programs. Again you can see her improvement. Go Mao!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaVPrlDEN0&feature=related

Quote :

Wow thanks for the video! And ITA with you on Mao's skating. While the TV views try to make the skaters look as athletic or as edgy as they can, there are some things they can't capture. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

WOW, I loved this video, Abdiel.
IMO, she has the best footwork in the world and I really don't understand why she wasn't rewarded level 4 more often! Suspect That was freaking amazing!
How I wish she'd used Por una Cabeza as her Olympic sp. Wub

Star85 wrote:

I guess most of the judges are idiots. Seeing some of the scores this season, I can't come to any other conclusion. Disappointed Escape

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:25 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
IMO, she has the best footwork in the world and I really don't understand why she wasn't rewarded level 4 more often! Suspect That was freaking amazing!
How I wish she'd used Por una Cabeza as her Olympic sp. Wub

Star85 wrote:

I guess most of the judges are idiots. Seeing some of the scores this season, I can't come to any other conclusion. Disappointed Escape

i think ballade would have been an amazing choice for an sp
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
How I wish she'd used Por una Cabeza as her Olympic sp. Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 335418

Star85 wrote:

I guess most of the judges are idiots. Seeing some of the scores this season, I can't come to any other conclusion. Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 616826Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 265123

i think ballade would have been an amazing choice for an sp

Yes Ballade! ITA
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm

does anyone know when mao will publish her music choice3 and when the ice will take place i am really kind of not used, to the media not writing anything for so long!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
does anyone know when mao will publish her music choice3 and when the ice will take place i am really kind of not used, to the media not writing anything for so long!

The Ice starts on July 21. I assume the practice for it will start 2-3 days earlier.
I think Mao usualy announces her music in july (but I'm not sure).

I know it's good for Mao to have some time for herself away from the media, but selfishly, I'm dying for some Mao news! Unconscious
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 pm

i think Mao and nobuo most have requested some pricacy but i also want to know if the rumour of mao beeing in budapest is true!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Before and during the Olympic season there were lots of media coverage about Mao. We were very happy but at the same time very worried because of the effects it can have on Mao's trainings. However, the media coverage has slowly dwindled ever since she transfered to coach Sato so that she can concentrate more. Coverage only appears nearer to competitions and shows.

I know we should be happy that Mao can now work in relative peace and concentrate but the selfish part of me hates it coz I want info (even just very brief ones) on her progress. Add to the fact that Mao only participated in very few ice shows so we don't really have much info to work with.

Nvm, it's almost July so we will most likely start to find out more on what Mao has been up to.

PS:
The other female slot for JO has not been assigned yet, right? I'm hoping it'll go to Mao so we can see her a bit earlier in competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 am

yah if i remember right Maoalso didn't attend last years JO, so it would be really nice to see her this year, ofcourse that only if she herself feels like competing there!
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:30 am

is mao already done with her new free skate program with tarasova?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:06 am

I found this link on FSU.

http://www.moksz.hu/moksz-h-frameset.htm

Mao's interview and photo in Budapest.
I used google translation from Hungarian to English.
Mao was there to have training with Zoltán Nagy.
If my understanding is correct, she wanted his help for dealing with muscles...
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 am

linglang wrote:

Thank you linglang
There is information that Zoltán Nagy is a ballet master and choreographer...so ppl guess he is choreographer for her program too.
hope that can refresh Mao's programs.
although I don't hate Lori and TAT's works but it's always nice to see her trying someone / something new.
especially everyone is trying new things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A1s_Sallay looks like IMG arranged that since Sallay is VP / MD of IMG hungary.

Last edited by shikure on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 am

shikure wrote:
linglang wrote:

There is information that Zoltán Nagy is a ballet master and choreographer...so ppl guess he is choreographer for her program too.

If it's true, it's quite interesting.
I suppose Mao is already back in Japan, isn't she?

There is one more possible reason I think why there is little media coverage of Mao now.
It's already London Olympic season. So, there are plenty news sources about sports and athletes to cover and they don't have to bother Mao, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2012!    Mao News - Off-Season 2012!   - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2012!
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next