Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

2013 Skate America - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 am

let`s talk wrote:
That Nadia-thing indeed didn't reply, obviously since she has no facts to back up her lies. But Phil, probably feeling a little offended by being called "not a man", tried to say somethiing which of course made them look even more helpless, and man-less lol! :

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/393026169408192512
"@00LT @NadiaLee @sujinseong And I also said 2-footed landings by ANYONE do not deserve full base value.  IJS stupidity"

https://twitter.com/00LT/status/393191737495015424
"@olyphil @NadiaLee @sujinseong You also said falling is worse than two-footed, i.e. by your logic falled jump shouldn't get full BV either"

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/393191844709806080
"@00LT @NadiaLee @sujinseong Correct"

https://twitter.com/00LT/status/393192240404631553
"@olyphil @NadiaLee @sujinseong But I don't remember your compalining when ANYONE other than Mao falled and got full BV."

https://twitter.com/00LT/status/393192946905804800
"@olyphil @NadiaLee @sujinseong Trolling much? It will prevent skaters challeneged more difficult progs & we will get progs with double jumps"

Very Mad Cheering
You're amazing! Worship 

I swear if I hear Phil complaining one more time, about Mao receiving big points in spins and steps (as opposed to Ashley) I'm going to hit him with something. OK, he's against twofooted jumps receiving full BS, I might even kind of understand his rants, but complaining about Mao (of all people) receiving big points on spins and steps...hello?! She just happens to be the best freaking foot worker among ladies. No one comes close to her on steps, spins yes (Yulia Adelina, Mirai...), but steps, heck no!

God I wish Hersh would put his biass aside and actually took a look at what Ashley and Mao produced at SA, and then bitch about it. I still don't get how Ashley's step sequence has managed to get +1.5 goe as oposed to Mao's +1.6 in SP. Ashley has qualities, but her footwork usually looks mediocre, probably due to her poor SS? scratch  So if Phil and the rest want to bitch about Mao being overscored, than extend the curtesy to the rest of the SA field. Everyone has been generously scored. At least Ashley appears to have class and sportmanship, unlike Phil &Co. Very Mad 

pearlyriver wrote:
I think because we Mao fans are too gentle that these germs have the chance to prosper. The fact that she didn't reply just shows that she's a liar.
Thumbs up! 

Yes, we are far too gentle, I agree.  however this is why this forum is a such a great place. We get to disagree, but at the same time, posters here, are always respectful towards each other. Here, no one is afraid to write his opinion, unlike on GS or FSU, where it feels like Yuna fans are running an entire show. Whirly 
I love our forum so much! Cloud 9  And the best way to shut those haters is, for Mao to produce some magic on ice (8 freaking triples cheers  ), and by the time Sochi comes, I really believe, she will do just that. Yep! Rockstar

let's talk wrote:
Wow! One of Yunabots (@sujinseong) who were engaged in the conversation with me, Phil and Nadia got her twitter account suspended. And it seems like by one of her own, even if that own denies it as usual: https://twitter.com/NadiaLee/status/393397224366800896 . I assume the reason was her trolling with "Mao said it" and blah-blah. You can't see her rants now, they got deleted. Only my replies to her are available: https://twitter.com/00LT/status/393367072815595520
What can I say. Cheers to twitter where as I see such insanity of yunabots are not welcomed. Unlike on GS where you can write whatever you wish about Mao and get a away with it.Disappointed 
Thank you twitter. I don't know what kind of policy Korea has (I assume this sujiensong is from there), but where I come from, what she wrote, blatantly lying about Mao saying this and that, is a libel.

@ballerinamao, thank you so much for posting victory ceremony!!! Worship : Love Hearts Thank you! Daisies for you 

And oh my God, the banner looks amazing, and so do the ladies holding it! Love 
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:25 am

let`s talk wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
She is very famous at Golden Skate. You don't know how deep I have to take breath when I read her posts to not lose my selfcontrol. I always told me: "Your are a Mao´s fan, You can't be like that guy, you have to be a classy fan!"
Wow! One of Yunabots (@sujinseong) who were engaged in the conversation with me, Phil and Nadia got her twitter account suspended. And it seems like by one of her own, even if that own denies it as usual: https://twitter.com/NadiaLee/status/393397224366800896 . I assume the reason was her trolling with "Mao said it" and blah-blah. You can't see her rants now, they got deleted. Only my replies to her are available: https://twitter.com/00LT/status/393367072815595520
What can I say. Cheers to twitter where as I see such insanity of yunabots are not welcomed. Unlike on GS where you can write whatever you wish about Mao and get a away with it. Disappointed 

Here is Nagoya's short news clip of Mao's being back to Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69PeCr2vXQ
I didn't know any of this was going on as I don't use twitter that much. Thank you for standing up for Mao there, let's talk.

Can't believe some people go all their way to write lies about Mao that way...I've never seen any Jpnse article in which she said her strategy is to '2-foot land her 3As', lol. I think decent fans of the sport will not believe Mao nor any other skater in their right mind saying anything like that. Rolling Eyes 

Mao has returned to Jpn, and all she's said in quote as far as I know is:

"I think I was able to do all I can at this point. I feel Olys has already started. I personally feel I'm a bit closer (in getting there)"

"I wish to show a more high levelled SP (at NHK after making some changes in the pro with Lori)"

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131024-00000140-jij-spo

"I want to aim for more than I achieved (at SA). There's no satisfaction inside me. There are more regrets (than satisfaction)"

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131024-00000081-nksports-spo

What more do you need from a person to know she is not the kind of skater who would go for a 2 footed landing deliberately?

I think that the main reason we have some people always complaining about 2 footed landings or slight URs, is because they cannot appreciate a performance in the exact same way the people in the audience, and most likely the judges do. What you feel from a performance when you're watching it live in the audience, is quite different from what you see on tv or YT vids. Slight 2 foots or URs, or even sometimes falls do not bother you that much when you're seeing it live, if the skater performs with good speed, power and artistry. Otoh, if a skater lands all their jumps fairly well, but lacks speed, power and artistry, the performance doesn't amaze you much. Those kind of performances look much better on tv or vids, because more than anything, it's hard to make out how fast the skater is moving on the ice when you have a camera moving along with them. Obviously, slight 2 foots and URs are more noticable on tv or vid, and it's a bit more difficult to concentrate on the energy and the emotions you can feel from a performance esp with some commentator babbling on while it's being shown. Yep, Sadly 

There's this guy in Jpn who's been criticizing the way they kept scoring Yuna highly in Vancouver season, claiming there's no way in the world that she could've gotten those scores without the Kor Fed bribing...without any proof whatsoever, so as much as I didn't like Yuna's scores back then, I don't like the manner he's been shouting things like that out loud along with his worshippers. He's the one who published that book about his suspicions on scores in the sport, which seem to be just a bunch of speculations all the same as what he's been writing in his blog over the years. I was very surprised to find out though, that he had the nerve to openly admit in his book that he has never seen a skating competition live, which means he's never seen Yuna skate live as well. It's the same with Mao, whom he totally adores and feels he has an obligation to 'protect' (yes, I have had a long discission with this guy through email some years ago directly, when he tried to recruit me into his group which he calls 'Figure Skating Protection Union', and no, he does not know Mao personally in any way).

I have to conclude that his accusations towards Yuna are quite unfair, since I feel that there are certain factors in a skater's performance which is extremely difficult to see and feel only by watching it through camera viewpoint. While I do thing that those who see competitions on tv or vid have all the right to say how they felt about a performance just the same as those who were in the stadium, publishing a book on the sport without ever seeing it live not once imo is absolute nonsense. When you see them perfom live, you get to notice that there are skaters who's performances look much better live than through camera, and then there are other skaters who's performances work the other way around. Take Ashley for instance, I think she is one of the latter. Her facial expressions enhance the energy she puts in her skating which can be clearly seen on tv or vid, while you only get to see them only vaguely when you're in the audience so her performances do not impress you that much even when she skates fairly clean. When I saw her perform in JO, she did pretty good with not that many visible mistakes, but she didn't have that much speed nor power flowing out of her, while Mao certainly had those things even with all those jump mistakes she made. We did not give her standing ovation just because she's Mao. We did so because her performance was striking even with the mistakes.

I assume that was how most of the audience felt about her performances at SA, whether they were her Jpnse fans or not. If Ashley's performances were really that much better than Mao's and she was 'robbed' like some are saying online, I think we would've heard more mumblings of confusion (like we heard at last season's NHK) from the audience when Mao's FP scores came out. But I didn't hear any, so that's the bottom line for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 am

Ken Himura wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
Ugh...is that the same "Nadia" on FSU or Goldenskate (I forgot which one)- the one who pretends to be a Mao fan...Rolling Eyes 

or who I think it is on this forum...

Whatever, just like how their favourite planned to fall on their butt many times...(it is more cushy Cool Cool 
Nadia is a famous poster in the Yuna Forum! lol! 

Lets Talk, you are my idol! Many Hearts

Btw, kazekamihiko! Welcome! Confetti 
Oops, I don't know that Nadia is famous on many skating forum silent 

Anw, welcome Kazekamihiko sunny sunny 

She is very famous at Golden Skate. You don't know how deep I have to take breath when I read her posts to not lose my selfcontrol. I always told me: "Your are a Mao´s fan, You can't be like that guy, you have to be a classy fan!"
I think, i will never ever enroll the Golden Skate Forum lol! 
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am

I have heard that Yuna and Carolina appear much more impressive live because of the speed and power they project to the audience. In the past, the lack of speed compared to those two was also a reason I heard that Mao does not appear as impressive live. Those are reasonable claims. However, although not as visible on tv, I can still see that Yuna and Carolina are fast and have great skating skills. This is something that I don't really see with Ashley. And reports from Pochi and other fans who saw her perform live seem to confirm my impressions. Ashley is a very good skater who has made many improvements in recent years but she has not yet reached the level of the top three. And even if some fans ignore the fact that Mao is simply the better skater at this point, the scores point to the fact that Ashley lost a lot of points in her spins.

Anyways, some of those claims against Mao are just absurd. And I think it has very little to do with whether they can or can't appreciate a performance live. It mostly has to do with someone not liking a certain skater and making up claims to justify their dislike. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am

I found this fun comment at GS which likens Mao to the Einstein of figure skating. Laugh 
The poster is one of the moderators of GS and Yuna fan, as far as I know ...

^ OK, I will change my tune. Here is my new plan, in my role as Mao's secret advisor.

But first... To me, what makes Mao the Einstein of figure skating is not how many triple jumps she does. It is the quality of her movement across the ice. I am sorry to see her compromise the aspect of her skating that makes it brilliant, merely to up the jump count.

So here is what she should do. Set aside the first fifteen seconds for a triple Axel. Stroke up to speed, here we go, do or die. If she makes it, yay, she's got a 9 or 10 point lead over the other ladies right off the bat. If she misses, that's still 6 points or so in the bag, and no harm done to the rest of the program PCS-wise.

Now start the program. Melt our hearts, stir our souls, be the Mao that only you can be. Use the jumps to punctuate the choreography, not as a laundry list to check off. Give 'em passion, give 'em wow, leave 'em shouting "Mao, Mao, Mao!"
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

So here is what she should do. Set aside the first fifteen seconds for a triple Axel. Stroke up to speed, here we go, do or die. If she makes it, yay, she's got a 9 or 10 point lead over the other ladies right off the bat. If she misses, that's still 6 points or so in the bag, and no harm done to the rest of the program PCS-wise.

Now start the program. Melt our hearts, stir our souls, be the Mao that only you can be. Use the jumps to punctuate the choreography, not as a laundry list to check off. Give 'em passion, give 'em wow, leave 'em shouting "Mao, Mao, Mao!"
This is a great plan. Yep!  IMO, the more miles she'll get under Rachmaninov, the closer she'll get to your plan. I think she'll skate her heart out in Sochi, happens what happens.
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:43 pm

let`s talk wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
What can I say. Cheers to twitter where as I see such insanity of yunabots are not welcomed. Unlike on GS where you can write whatever you wish about Mao and get a away with it. Disappointed 

Here is Nagoya's short news clip of Mao's being back to Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69PeCr2vXQ
I don't have a twitter account, but I want to join with you to cheers to twitter:cancan: Cheering 

I don't have a GS account neither, it's for my own mental peace Escape 

Back to top Go down
kazekamihiko

kazekamihiko

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:29 pm

wice4CC01 uploaded "six minutes warm-up video" two kinds in YouTube. Very Happy 
It is the video from a seat.
You can watch 3A of Mao on this video from the proximity front. WOW! 

The title
浅田真央(mao asada) SA 2013 SP 6分間ウォームアップ ~ 観客席Ver.
浅田真央(mao asada) SA 2013 FS 6分間ウォームアップ ~ 観客席Ver.

Because I am a new face, I cannot put a link. Crying or Very sad 
If you want to see it, copy and paste does an upper title in the search box of YouTube, and look.

Please enjoy it! Boogie
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Welcome to Maoforum kazekamihiko!!!!!! Encore 
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I took a lot of pointless videos throughout the competitions and I will be uploading them to this unlisted playlist, enjoy Smile (Excuse the talking/screaming/howling/everything):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTbbLhbYaK-8OwrNm1834uGt6gryAZ-Nx
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

Lol Kazekamihiko, your location is kotatsu no naka? I wish I had a kotatsu as well cheers 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

There's this guy in Jpn who's been criticizing the way they kept scoring Yuna highly in Vancouver season, claiming there's no way in the world that she could've gotten those scores without the Kor Fed bribing...without any proof whatsoever, so as much as I didn't like Yuna's scores back then, I don't like the manner he's been shouting things like that out loud along with his worshippers. He's the one who published that book about his suspicions on scores in the sport, which seem to be just a bunch of speculations all the same as what he's been writing in his blog over the years. I was very surprised to find out though, that he had the nerve to openly admit in his book that he has never seen a skating competition live, which means he's never seen Yuna skate live as well. It's the same with Mao, whom he totally adores and feels he has an obligation to 'protect' (yes, I have had a long discission with this guy through email some years ago directly, when he tried to recruit me into his group which he calls 'Figure Skating Protection Union', and no, he does not know Mao personally in any way).

Thank you Pochinko for the detailed explanation. Even if you know nothing about FS, reading your insightful comments and that Nadia bitch's side by side will make you realize who's really honest and knowledgeable and respectful. It seems to be so easy to publish a book. And there's such a group as FS Protection Union? lol! This guy must be nut. study

silenceisgolden wrote:
I found this fun comment at GS which likens Mao to the Einstein of figure skating. Laugh 

^ OK, I will change my tune. Here is my new plan, in my role as Mao's secret advisor.

But first... To me, what makes Mao the Einstein of figure skating is not how many triple jumps she does. It is the quality of her movement across the ice. I am sorry to see her compromise the aspect of her skating that makes it brilliant, merely to up the jump count.

This is true Yuna fan:geek: 
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:48 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

lol! That was a reply to my comment! Haha...it's my fault that I brought up Einstein in the 1st place. At first this person (I actually respect his/her comments on GS) said that a skater should skate what they plan and plan what jumps/how many jumps they should do.
But...any skater, including Mao, should be able to, and be encouraged to, challenge themselves, and not fall into a status quo. Go for your dreams (and go for those 8 triples! cheers Life would be boring otherwise. Einstein's teachers told him he would not be anything great in life, but voila.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:58 am

sapphiresky wrote:
lol! That was a reply to my comment! Haha...it's my fault that I brought up Einstein in the 1st place. At first this person (I actually respect his/her comments on GS) said that a skater should skate what they plan and plan what jumps/how many jumps they should do.
But...any skater, including Mao, should be able to, and be encouraged to, challenge themselves, and not fall into a status quo. Go for your dreams (and go for those 8 triples! cheers Life would be boring otherwise. Einstein's teachers told him he would not be anything great in life, but voila.
Because ordinary people only believe in the possible. But why Einstein? I would liken her to Leonardo Davinci.

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:24 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:33 am

roma wrote:
Nice read:
http://www.insideskating.net/2013/10/20/events/mao-asada-and-frederic-chopin-what-a-beautiful-encounter
If Mao is a true Bolshoi ballerina on skates, Ashley is an actress.
Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 am

sapphiresky wrote:

Oh, so it was you who brought up Einstein first Laugh 
I haven't read the previous comments Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:51 am

A member on our FB forum posted this interview with some Russian coaches and they are believed to have said that most of Mao's jumps at SA were underrotated. If any Russian speaker can briefly translate this article into Engish, that'd be greatly appreciated.
http://rsport.ru/interview/20131022/695765302.html
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

pearlyriver wrote:
A member on our FB forum posted this interview with some Russian coaches and they are believed to have said that most of Mao's jumps at SA were underrotated. If any Russian speaker can briefly translate this article into Engish, that'd be greatly appreciated.
The coach is only one- Rukavitsyn, who trains Menshov, Artemyeva and used to train Makarova. The translation as "most" is incorrect one. He used an idiom that in that context meant that UR jumps, and more than one, took place, some of them got noticed by judges. He actually also said that Wagner had more ur jumps than Mao, and again some of them were noticed by judges (meaning: some were not), as he says.
I like his comment about Daisuke, where he said that Daisuke's PCS is indeed Program Components Score (meaning: his score is real and not overscored one like some notorious persona in the current Men's fields Laughing)
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 pm

let`s talk wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
The coach is only one- Rukavitsyn, who trains Menshov, Artemyeva and used to train Makarova. The translation as "most" is incorrect one. He used an idiom that in that context meant that UR jumps, and more than one, took place, some of them got noticed by judges. He actually also said that Wagner had more ur jumps than Mao, and again some of them were noticed by judges (meaning: some were not), as he says.
I like his comment about Daisuke, where he said that Daisuke's PCS is indeed Program Components Score (meaning: his score is real and not overscored one like some notorious persona in the current Men's fields Laughing)
Thank you:thankyou: . That makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29