Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

2013 Skate America - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:10 am

sweetdream wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
Wait, but they counted his second 4T according to protocols?? Question 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2013/gpusa2013_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

so, he is allowed to repeat the quad toe??
Yes he is allowed to repeat the same quad as long as one of them is in a combo. I see that his second quad is marked as a sequence. Did he do anything after the touch down, I thought not. scratch  The rules have changed so much, that I'm not up to date. In the past, the second 4T would've been invalid, why this one isn't, I've no idea.
I guess maybe it's cause he only did 2 combos! In the LP you are allowed 3 combos and Machida only did 2 combos, so maybe it's denoted as an incomplete combo attempt by Machida? Smile
If a skater does 2 triple or quad jumps of the same type and the second one is not in combo, it gets marked as a sequence (+SEQ), gets 80% base value and uses one combo slot. flower 
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:23 am

supportmaoasada wrote:
Anyone knows what time in Detroit will Mao be complete in FS?
as I am in Asia, I don't know what time to wake up! Thanks!Worship Worship 
I don't know where in Asia you are, but in the Philippines, Detroit and Asia have roughly 12 hours difference. This site says that the Ladies' freeskate will start at ~4:15pm, and that would mean I'll have to wake up at 4am to see Mao live.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 am

roma wrote:
Phil Hersh really changes his opinions fast... "just like the wind" as Dani-chan put it last night. #SA2013 He really loves putting others down to glorify his faves.

Quote :
Asada, reigning Olympic silver medalist, got 73.18 points, thanks in part to the idiosyncrasies (idiocies?) of a scoring system that gives full base value credit for a jump landed on two feet, as her triple axel was Saturday.
Very slight two-foot but FULLY ROTATED.
Well, this is the best that a renowned sport journalist can write? This jerk is petty.

inskate wrote:

I'm so ambivalent about the results in men's... I love Machida (what an amazing performer), but I kinda hoped that the old guard (Daisuke, Nobu & Takahiko) will get to go to Sochi. Yuzuru and Tatsuki are not that old yet, they can share medals in the next Olympic cycle! geek 

Tatsuki will be 27 in 2018, the same age as Dai now. It'll be very hard to maintain the form and stamina when he hits that age. Besides, although I think Yuzuru is more of a 2018 Olympian, it's hard to deny him a spot to Sochi. He has killer instinct.

Abdiel wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:
I don't know where in Asia you are, but in the Philippines, Detroit and Asia have roughly 12 hours difference. This site says that the Ladies' freeskate will start at ~4:15pm, and that would mean I'll have to wake up at 4am to see Mao live.
Basically another sleepless night for us in Asia:coffee: Coffee Coffee 

Last edited by pearlyriver on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 am

Abdiel wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:
As Abdiel wrote, ladies FS will start @4:15 pm on Oct. 20 local time, which is 5:15am on Oct. 21 JPN time. Mao will be starting @ around 5:40pm (approx. estimate).

Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 am

inskate wrote:
sweetdream wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
Wait, but they counted his second 4T according to protocols?? Question 

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2013/gpusa2013_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

so, he is allowed to repeat the quad toe??
Yes he is allowed to repeat the same quad as long as one of them is in a combo. I see that his second quad is marked as a sequence. Did he do anything after the touch down, I thought not. scratch  The rules have changed so much, that I'm not up to date. In the past, the second 4T would've been invalid, why this one isn't, I've no idea.
I guess maybe it's cause he only did 2 combos! In the LP you are allowed 3 combos and Machida only did 2 combos, so maybe it's denoted as an incomplete combo attempt by Machida? Smile
If a skater does 2 triple or quad jumps of the same type and the second one is not in combo, it gets marked as a sequence (+SEQ), gets 80% base value and uses one combo slot. flower 
Thanks for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:10 am

linglang wrote:
Abdiel wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:
As Abdiel wrote, ladies FS will start @4:15 pm on Oct. 20 local time, which is 5:15am on Oct. 21 JPN time. Mao will be starting @ around 5:40pm (approx. estimate).

Cheering Cheering Cheering
I'm anticipating tomorrow afternoon where I can enjoy Mao live, without Faint2  from lack of sleep. Laughing 

Don't worry you guys, by the time NHK Trophy, and GPF (which are both held in Japan) comes around, I will be Sleep in your shoes. So don't mind my gloating. Twisted Evil  This is the last Mao Competition that I will enjoy at a reasonable hour. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:57 am

I'm so proud of Mao's performance!! cheers queen I'm so happy that I can watch her live tonight!!
She will have her FS training this morning, right? Post any clip that you can find!!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 am

Finally got the chance to catch up most of the ladies' SP. It feels so good to see Mao smiling all the way after the competition Many Hearts . It's so cute even at the moment that she mixed up Nocturne with Liebestraum during the post interview!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 am

COHK wrote:
Finally got the chance to catch up most of the ladies' SP. It feels so good to see Mao smiling all the way after the competition Many Hearts .  It's so cute even at the moment that she mixed up Nocturne with Liebestraum during the post interview!  
which interview? would you mind posting it:D 
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
roma wrote:
Phil Hersh really changes his opinions fast... "just like the wind" as Dani-chan put it last night. #SA2013 He really loves putting others down to glorify his faves.

Quote :
Asada, reigning Olympic silver medalist, got 73.18 points, thanks in part to the idiosyncrasies (idiocies?) of a scoring system that gives full base value credit for a jump landed on two feet, as her triple axel was Saturday.
Very slight two-foot but FULLY ROTATED.
His comments are just sour grapes... lol!  Why haven't I seen any other lady landing an even imperfect 3A? They don't want to earn the 8.5 Base value? Because they cant! And speaking of the scoring system, dont get me started with the insane GOE scoring in Vancouver.
but her 3A today was amazing! Very Happy the rotation was solid and wow such a cracker! ( I mean hey that kind of woah feeling you get when people land their 3-3) and I guess she did a teensy 2 foot but hey, doesnt deserve those -2 that people normally get when the landing is all wonky/step outs/touch downs or something!!!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 am

ballerinamao wrote:
COHK wrote:
Finally got the chance to catch up most of the ladies' SP. It feels so good to see Mao smiling all the way after the competition Many Hearts .  It's so cute even at the moment that she mixed up Nocturne with Liebestraum during the post interview!  
I was watching the delayed broadcasting of the game by TV Asashi (online). I believe there will be some kind ppl uploading the clip of the game with the interview soon! Wink 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:36 am

COHK wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
COHK wrote:
I was watching the delayed broadcasting of the game by TV Asashi (online). I believe there will be some kind ppl uploading the clip of the game with the interview soon! Wink 
oh i see, well i'm sure someone will upload it soon anyway Cool 

on a side note, I just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pGD8vFwppA&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:37 am

Sorry guys but watching the slow-motion, I have to agree with the jugdes: the jump was surely a bit UR... A great attempt, though, and it's only October!! I'm sure that by Febraury it will be perfect!! Cheering Yep! 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:40 am

Mao2012 wrote:
Sorry guys but watching the slow-motion, I have to agree with the jugdes: the jump was surely a bit UR... A great attempt, though, and it's only October!! I'm sure that by Febraury it will be perfect!! Cheering Yep! 
what are you talking about?confused

If you are talking about the 3A, Mao got it ratified along with all the other jumps. The -goe was apparently due to a slight touch down (which I didn't see live, nor on replay)
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:14 am

shar wrote:
Don't worry you guys, by the time NHK Trophy, and GPF (which are both held in Japan) comes around, I will be :sleep:in your shoes. So don't mind my gloating. Twisted Evil  This is the last Mao Competition that I will enjoy at a reasonable hour. Crying or Very sad 
Wow, your avatar!!  So beautiful!!  I love it!! Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts  and I'm so jealous. Twisted Evil

Thank you inskate for the information on Nobu and also explanation about Tatsuki's quads count.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:22 am

linglang wrote:
shar wrote:
Don't worry you guys, by the time NHK Trophy, and GPF (which are both held in Japan) comes around, I will be :sleep:in your shoes. So don't mind my glooting. Twisted Evil  This is the last Mao Competition that I will enjoy at a reasonable hour. Crying or Very sad 

Wow, your avatar!!  So beautiful!!  I love it!! Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts  and I'm so jealous. Twisted Evil

Thanks linglang. I found it on yahoo yesterday. They had an article about Skate America with this picture as the main pic. I saved it right away. Much better then the picture Japantoday used of Mao, in mid spin that was not flattering at all. Mad 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:25 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
Machida won and Daisuke was 4th.
I think though Daisuke was lovely and unique but
since he joined Olympic so far (2 times?) so maybe
this year it is already the year for new generation.
Hanyu, Machida and the last slot will be the old one
who is struggling. It must be Nobu or Kozuka.

Sad with Kozuka that he could not bring his best.
He should show. In fact it is his time to be Ace.

NOOO! I cant imagine team olympia without Daisuke! Bawling Bawling 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:33 am

Mao2012 wrote:
Which jumps were UR?pale 
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:51 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Mao2012 wrote:
Which jumps were UR?pale 
I meant the 3A, sorry Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 am

Just read what those geniuses wrote: http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/asada-wins-skate-america-womens-short-program

Quote :
Asada boosted her score on the fly, changing her planned program content. She had planned a triple flip-triple loop near the beginning, but went with a triple loop instead. Asada performed a triple loop-double toe near the end of the short, upping her total.
1. Mao didn't change her jumping layout, it was planned since CoI.
2. She can't do 3F-3L in the SP, because then her solo 3L wouldn't count.
3. No, she didn't go with a triple loop - it was a triple flip!
4. For that matter, her combo was triple loop-double loop, not triple loop-double toe.

It's like they tried to put as many factual errors in 3 sentences as possible! Disappointed 
I don't have a Facebook account to post a comment, but it would be nice if somebody politely inform them of the mistakes in the article.

ETA:
Quote :
Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch of Canada scored 71.51, and sit in second. Russian pair Ksneia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov finished third.
Ksneia Stolbova? Drama! 
I start to think that either the writer or the editor (or both) were drunk. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:05 am

I have soft spot for Tatsuki Machida since I watched a news clip featuring him back in 2010.  Tatuki and Taka came back to Japan from COC where Taka won gold and Tatsuki finished 5th. At the airport, Taka was welcomed by the reporters while Tatsuki was left alone.  It looked the reporters didn't care at all if Tatsuki competed or not.  Watching the herd of reporters with Taka at the center from a distance, Tatsuki was asked by a TV person who was accompanying him for the report in a local news show how he felt.  I don't remember exact wording though, he said something like, this is the difference how athletes who won the game and who didn't win the game are treated. I got it. I have to win.  

It took almost three years for him to deliver concrete results.  He learned a bitter lesson last season where he couldn't accustom himself to tight schedules in Nov. and Dec. This has really changed him.  Now at the interviews he doesn't hesitate to say he will grab a spot. He expresses his strong will and determination. I hope he will be able to keep momentum.

While I hope Tatsuki will make the Olympic team,  when I watched Dai, Taka and Tatsuki back to back, I don't wanna think about possibilities that Dai and Taka may not be in the team.  The quality of skating are so much different.  Tatsuki lands beautiful quads and they are consistent now.  But when it comes to edge work, I think Dai and Taka are much superior.  How come those beautiful skaters may not be able to skate at the Olympics ... I'm stuck in ambivalence.  Snow 

Dai's situation reminds me of Mao back in 2009.  She didn't do well at all in GPS because she was struggling with her jumps.  But she made a comeback at nationals thanks to her hard work and perseverance.  Dai may get back in good form in Dec.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:12 am

inskate wrote:
Just read what those geniuses wrote: http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/asada-wins-skate-america-womens-short-program

Quote :
Asada boosted her score on the fly, changing her planned program content. She had planned a triple flip-triple loop near the beginning, but went with a triple loop instead. Asada performed a triple loop-double toe near the end of the short, upping her total.
4. For that matter, her combo was triple loop-double loop, not triple loop-double toe.

It's like they tried to put as many factual errors in 3 sentences as possible! Disappointed 
I don't have a Facebook account to post a comment, but it would be nice if somebody politely inform them of the mistakes in the article.

ETA:
Quote :
Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch of Canada scored 71.51, and sit in second. Russian pair Ksneia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov finished third.
Ksneia Stolbova? Drama! 
I start to think that either the writer or the editor (or both) were drunk. Sweatdrop
Maybe the writer found some idea on the internet and naively believed and borrowed it ... drunk or genuine idiot. Lips sealed
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:20 am

inskate wrote:

Quote :

ETA:
Quote :
Ksneia Stolbova? Drama! 
This is not the first time. Japan Times' articles on figure skating always leave me the impression that they just paragraphed what were written on the internet, and they even suck at paragraphing.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am

inskate wrote:

Quote :

ETA:
Quote :
Ksneia Stolbova? Drama! 
It's really unbelievable to think that the journalist/author got paid for writing an article that's filed with mistakes time after time, it has really become embarrassing reading them, they just never seem to learn from their mistakes Disappointed

Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 am

It's amazing how some of the figure skating writers have such little knowledge about what they are writing. I think our fellow inskate could do their jobs much better than them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next