Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate America

Go down 
+47
dangerous_angel_face
CraZsk8r
ilovethai
Asada_Rising
sweetdream
KariDebate
kawaiimao
aoi88
inskate
supportmaoasada
kitty
ElleluvsL
Afsfan
apple4me
illani
l-spiralmao
Mao2012
Abdiel
europeanfan
polly10
klarification
BowbowDaijin
AmazingGraceMao
Czarace
qingshui
pearlyriver
chapis
polosatik
PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Haidogirl
roma
shar
let`s talk
COHK
Ken Himura
ballerinamao
sapphiresky
Dilemma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
hazelq
zarinaballerina
chiyori
silenceisgolden
josling
Alokya
linglang
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

2013 Skate America - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 am

shar wrote:

My cable get Korean channel KTN-KBS. All though their shows have english subs, their news program did not. And they of course talked about Mao. And added clips of the NBC SA broadcast, where you can hear a female voice mention Mao only doing jumps and not much else during her long program. Frustrated I think it was the one Scott (suck up to Yuna) Hamilton was on. Of course KBS news are all about pushing anything negative re: Mao. I can't wait till Mao is in top form and really nail all of her jumps. If there's no UR, she will get 150+ by GPS. cheers  And I shall be playing Kanye's "Stronger" song, with the one line "take that haters" on loop.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Um, excuse me, but this lady either knows asolutely nothing about this sport, or is in a dire need to get her eyes checked. What does she mean there's not much else there?! Mad  How about  transitions, you know that thingy you do into and out of the jumps, however not many are doing it, because its very difficult. Very Mad  Maybe if Mao were to pretend she's about to orgasm out there, or clutch her stomach like she's about to throw up, then maybe idiots like this one, and I'm counting Scott "the Yuna worshiper" Hamilton among those, would finally shut up and start appreciating her.

That being said, pretending you're about to throw up while skating around is alot easier, than doing real transitions and actually feeling the music, just IMO. Twisted Evil

perlyrier wrote:
I've seen a lot of unreasonable hatred, but I've never seen such blatant, nasty and petty wave of hatred towards our Mao. No wonder why she's such a fighter. What can't kill you can only make you stronger. Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! 
Was there ever such hatred toward other skaters, than it's now towards Mao? Seriously, wth has she done to them?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

pearlyrier wrote:
I've seen a lot of unreasonable hatred, but I've never seen such blatant, nasty and petty wave of hatred towards our Mao. No wonder why she's such a fighter. What can't kill you can only make you stronger. Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! 
Was there ever such hatred toward other skaters, than it's now towards Mao? Seriously, wth has she done to them?
The majority of hatred comes from irrational racism, whether we'd like to admit or not. If Mao weren't Japanese, if she's from a random country, say Holland or Fiji, she wouldn't get so much evil hatred even if she's Yuna's arch enemy. Suppose Mao retires and Yuna and Carol continues competing head to head, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be so much unreasonable animosity towards Carol.

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

My cable get Korean channel KTN-KBS. All though their shows have english subs, their news program did not. And they of course talked about Mao. And added clips of the NBC SA broadcast, where you can hear a female voice mention Mao only doing jumps and not much else during her long program. Frustrated I think it was the one Scott (suck up to Yuna) Hamilton was on. Of course KBS news are all about pushing anything negative re: Mao. I can't wait till Mao is in top form and really nail all of her jumps. If there's no UR, she will get 150+ by GPS. cheers  And I shall be playing Kanye's "Stronger" song, with the one line "take that haters" on loop.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Um, excuse me, but this lady either knows asolutely nothing about this sport, or is in a dire need to get her eyes checked. What does she mean there's not much else there?! Mad  How about  transitions, you know that thingy you do into and out of the jumps, however not many are doing it, because its very difficult. Very Mad  Maybe if Mao were to pretend she's about to orgasm out there, or clutch her stomach like she's about to throw up, then maybe idiots like this one, and I'm counting Scott "the Yuna worshiper" Hamilton among those, would finally shut up and start appreciating her.

That being said, pretending you're about to throw up while skating around is alot easier, than doing real transitions and actually feeling the music, just IMO. Twisted Evil

perlyrier wrote:
I will tell you what Mao has done to them, she made history once again by being the first singles skater in history, to win all 7 of the current events on the Grand Prix circuit

She has been landing a fully rotated 3A in every competition she has entered since 4CC, a jump that only a total of five woman in figure skating history are recorded to have gotten ratified.

She broke the 200 barrier in her very first ISU competition of the season

Her jumps look strong and solid, all her spins and steps are level 4 and different reports have been reporting Mao landing 3A left and right Swoon  all this while their "queen" is having foot problems Too sweet!

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 am

ballerinamao wrote:

I will tell you what Mao has done to them, she made history once again by being the first singles skater in history, to win all 7 of the current events on the Grand Prix circuit

She has been landing a fully rotated 3A in every competition she has entered since 4CC, a jump that only a total of five woman in figure skating history are recorded to have gotten ratified.

Her jumps look strong and solid, all her spins and steps are level 4 and different reports have been reporting Mao landing 3A left and right Swoon  all this while their "queen" is having foot problems Too sweet!

Which i still dont fully believe Sleep 
Back to top Go down
MaoLina

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 am

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

perlyrier wrote:

They are jealous.it's pretty obvious that Mao is a threat to Yuna and will always be.I tend not to get bother by those hatred comments from Yuna fans,at GS those haters did not comment when Mao did wonderful SP, i guess they do not want to read compliments from FS fans but after Mao made mistakes on her FS haters came full force .I dont mind them though
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:02 am

shar wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
this is a fan video of Mao's EX (forgive me if someone already posted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_x41qxL6gw

Why do I feel like she got a little hurt from that 3A fall? Snow Snow Snow I hope not, maybe she is just a little sore SnowSnow
I heard she bruised her hip with that fall, resulting in doubling some of her planned triples, like the 2A-3T. And also 2 footed and UR'ed others like her Lutz and her 3-2-2. I would rather have has her UR or 2 footing, then falling on her axel. Then her other jumps would've still been there, and she would have got 140+. But that fall really did affect her nerves and the rest of her jumps. And even her Ex.

But thank goodness she has enough time to heal and improve her jumps before her next assignment. And then she can go and kick butt at the NHK. Encore   Thumbs up! 

yeah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I hope she perfects her program even more.
awww I just feel bad for her, it's a pity! At the K&C she was motioning to Mr. Sato that she fell on her hips, I think it must have hurt pale pale pale but she'll recover and do better Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
shar wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

Why do I feel like she got a little hurt from that 3A fall? Snow Snow Snow I hope not, maybe she is just a little sore SnowSnow
I heard she bruised her hip with that fall, resulting in doubling some of her planned triples, like the 2A-3T. And also 2 footed and UR'ed others like her Lutz and her 3-2-2. I would rather have has her UR or 2 footing, then falling on her axel. Then her other jumps would've still been there, and she would have got 140+. But that fall really did affect her nerves and the rest of her jumps. And even her Ex.

But thank goodness she has enough time to heal and improve her jumps before her next assignment. And then she can go and kick butt at the NHK. Encore   Thumbs up! 

awww I just feel bad for her, it's a pity! At the K&C she was motioning to Mr. Sato that she fell on her hips, I think it must have hurt pale pale pale but she'll recover and do better Cheering Cheering 
Mao didn't even have time to recover, since she right now probably is in Canada with Lori, working on the Choreography. NHK is also going to begin in about two weeks, it's probably going to be two very busy and exhausting weeks.

Back to top Go down
femariel

femariel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 am

I hope Mao will be able to find some time to rest. Mao is strong and a fighter. I know she will be fine. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
shar wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

Mao didn't even have time to recover, since she right now probably is in Canada with Lori, working on the Choreography. NHK is also going to begin in about two weeks, it's probably going to be two very busy and exhausting weeks.

That's one thing that worries me. Hope we get updates on her condition, but knowing how Mao is usually tight-lipped with her injuries, I doubt we will get any. No 

As for the haters, well nothing new right? There's nothing we can do to reason when all they use is irrational hatred. Mao plays it safe? How dare she not use her 3A and embarrass the powerful Japanese fed who changed the rules for her! Mao goes for 3A and 2fts? LOL look at this mess on ice, can't even do a 3A. Let's stay as classy fans and just pray for every skaters to be in their best conditions come Sochi.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Quote :
Let's stay as classy fans and just pray for every skaters to be in their best conditions come Sochi.
YEAH! sunny 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Klarification wrote:

That's one thing that worries me. Hope we get updates on her condition, but knowing how Mao is usually tight-lipped with her injuries, I doubt we will get any. No 
Lori usually posts some pictures of her and Mao, but that is normally in the offseason when she is doing the full choreography, it will probably depend on how long the changes there will take . If her stay is is short (which I assume knowing the next GP assignment is right around the corner) we will probably not get any updates before NHK.
But since the next assignments is NHK we might be lucky to get some fluff or early practice clips from the media!

Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm

The good thing about Mao scores critics is that they at end know and feel how we all feel with the always ridiculous Yuna´s scores Twisted Evil Happy dance 
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:50 am

Talking about Mao's score I also think it was very high, but let's be honest... This is olympic season, all scores will be inflated because everyone wants to see world records at the olympics Rolling Eyes And yes, Mao's program wasn't perfect, but looking at the protocol I don't see any single point, which was "undeserved". If someone wants to get at something, he always find some reason.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch NHK Trophy. Not only because of Mao, but also because of Gracie and Mirai flower  What about Miki Ando on this season? As I understand she skipped GP series, but what about olympics?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:58 am

europeanfan wrote:
Talking about Mao's score I also think it was very high, but let's be honest... This is olympic season, all scores will be inflated because everyone wants to see world records at the olympics Rolling Eyes And yes, Mao's program wasn't perfect, but looking at the protocol I don't see any single point, which was "undeserved". If someone wants to get at something, he always find some reason.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch NHK Trophy. Not only because of Mao, but also because of Gracie and Mirai flower  What about Miki Ando on this season? As I understand she skipped GP series, but what about olympics?
I'm most looking forward to NHK, because there'll be Zijun, Elena and Mirai. Zijun will probably be the skater I'm going to follow like crazy after Mao retires.Encore 

I've just checked again: Zijun received the highest technical score at Worlds, only after Yuna? sunny 
What will Miki do next? Qualify for Japanese Nats and compete there (which is possible)?

Phil Harsh and his gang haven't finished eating his sour grapes lol! 
https://twitter.com/heyblackkitty/status/392246556310503424/photo/1
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:06 am

Quote :

Quote :
Nadia Lee ‏@NadiaLee 19h
@olyphil @sujinseong "I read her interview in JP that her strat this season is to 2-ft land her jumps to get full base value"

Ok.. who is this itch, and where did she get that bull claiming Mao stated that her strategy is to 2foot land all of her 3A to get full base value. THE &*@^?!! Mao never said that. What would have been the point of her going to Sato to rework all of her techniques, especially her jumps if she planned to 2foot land her 3A jump. Very Mad These Yuna-bots will makeup any ridiculous claims when it comes to Mao. I'm so mad i'm steaming.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 am

Quote :
What will Miki do next? Qualify for Japanese Nats and compete there (which is possible)?
Yes! Winning one more regional event and she will be at least at the Nationals! Woot! 
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 am

pearlyriver wrote:
The banner attracted the attention of the Asahi crew so you'd better stay tuned for their reports on Skate America to hopefully get a glimpse of it. Cheering Many Hearts Confetti 
Only a screenshot (for now) https://twitter.com/yuzupom18gym/status/392950828417298432/photo/1/large
I missed the news on Asahi. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am

shar wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
Nadia Lee ‏@NadiaLee 19h
@olyphil @sujinseong "I read her interview in JP that her strat this season is to 2-ft land her jumps to get full base value"
Ok.. who is this itch, and where did she get that bull claiming Mao stated that her strategy is to 2foot land all of her 3A to get full base value. THE &*@^?!! Mao never said that. What would have been the point of her going to Sato to rework all of her techniques, especially her jumps if she planned to 2foot land her 3A jump. Very Mad These Yuna-bots will makeup any ridiculous claims when it comes to Mao. I'm so mad i'm steaming.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
This is totally bogus.  I've never seen nor heard Mao saying that.  I know this lady hates Mao because she is a threat to her favorite skater, which is obvious from how she's been bashing Mao at GS.  If she insists she read that interview, she could link the source at least.  But she can't, because she's made it up.  She knows that people cannot be bothered to check if it's true or not if they don't speak Japanese, so she does this on purpose.  Shame! Frustrated 

The media loves to mess around and tries to benefit from the disturbance they cause.  I'm worried that they just want to drug Mao into their vicious ploys no matter what ... Very Mad
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 am

^ You can go on twitter and tell them that, it will take a second Wink . I did Very Mad:

http://twitter.com/00LT/status/392983085362335744
"@NadiaLee @olyphil @sujinseong That's a lie and you know that. Classic unsportsmanship that Yuna fans have been soing for so long."

http://twitter.com/00LT/status/392983441962053632
"@NadiaLee @olyphil @sujinseong Phil, you have bitter fans to back you up, which makes you neither a man nor a journalist."

Cheering 

I am still waiting for the reply with the link to "Mao's words." lol!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:09 am

let`s talk wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
The banner attracted the attention of the Asahi crew so you'd better stay tuned for their reports on Skate America to hopefully get a glimpse of it. Cheering Many Hearts Confetti 
Only a screenshot (for now) https://twitter.com/yuzupom18gym/status/392950828417298432/photo/1/large
http://telly.com/1C42R1S

The news clip with our girls and banner. I think it's at 2:11 as Nozomi posted in FB. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 am

shar wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
Nadia Lee ‏@NadiaLee 19h
I can't believe how stupid and bitter they are. It would be a waste of time trying to talk sense with any of them.

P.S., in the free program, Mao also fully rotated that 3A, although she fell. I knew she received a <, but she shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:02 am

roma wrote:
let`s talk wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
The banner attracted the attention of the Asahi crew so you'd better stay tuned for their reports on Skate America to hopefully get a glimpse of it. CheeringMany HeartsConfetti
http://telly.com/1C42R1S

The news clip with our girls and banner. I think it's at 2:11 as Nozomi posted in FB. Very Happy
Oh this is great news! Looks like a lot of people were impressed. Good work everyone! sunny

pearlyriver wrote:
Not this again.

It's like saying that in an exam, if you don't score 100 all the time, then that must mean you're stupid! Why of course Mao would want to do a FULLY ROTATED 3A with a CLEAN LANDING, but other factors like physical state or ice conditions come to play during competition time. Besides, Mao is currently the only female skater doing this jump. Says a lot about the difficulty level, don't you think?

Ironic that this poster's fave is skating to 'Imagine' for her exhibition program. Sad that the fan probably didn't get the message. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:15 am

A lot of men skaters fell or too-footed 3As or Quads but received full base values. I didn't see Yuna fans have any problem with that. LOL.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 am

Where did she read that interview? That's really...ridiculous. She is probably the worst Yuna fan that I know. She writes a lot of things that are simply false and all based in bitterness.
They totally misinterpreted Mao's interview after the long that I read on FSU. All Mao said was she felt better in the air when she did the 3A in the freeskate and was going to land on one foot. I don't see this statement to mean she intended to land on two-feet other times. LOL. That is just twisted assumption. Anyways, any skater if they didn't feel that good in the air position will naturally try to save a jump rather than fall. It's an automatic response. Besides, there were several times I remembered when Yuna fell on a jump and still got the base value because it was credited as rotated. They were totally fine with that. Lol A fall on a jump can get a base value and only one point deduction but a slight two feet has to be punished more. This makes actually no sense. Very Mad

This is the article from her press conference http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20131021-1207266.html
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 am

Klarification wrote:

I wish Mao a speedy recovery! Daisies for you 

I came in late for the celebration, for Mao's 2013 SA win Confetti and inasmuch as I'd like to go into a party mood, I'm really concerned about Mao. That fall looked REALLY PAINFUL. I cringed every time she landed the jumps on a possibly throbbing hip, and I'm awfully proud of Mao for fighting throughout the FS. Faint2 Worship She really hung on to that 3Lo landing! That's where training does you good. cat  I hope the injury isn't serious pale

As for those haters Very Mad I wish they'd leave Mao alone and stop putting other athletes down to keep their favorite on top. I'm still very glad to have found this Mao sanctuary where I can support Mao in peace.

Can I say I LOVED the banner? It's no wonder Mao loved it. Wub

AmazingGraceMao, I don't think the bots really understand what 'base value' means.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate America   2013 Skate America - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate America
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next