Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice

Go down 
+32
Mao_Asada_sunrise
PochinkoPotanko
naonaotyun
helen91
let`s talk
cherriee
ilovethai
whiteboots2013
aoi88
qingshui
Haidogirl
sapphiresky
josling
pearlyriver
europeanfan
Alokya
chapis
babayaga
l-spiralmao
Czarace
AmazingGraceMao
Dani-Chan
inskate
polosatik
roma
Ken Himura
Lady_in_black
COHK
Mao2012
shar
ballerinamao
linglang
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Empty
PostSubject: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:48 am

Short news clip on practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI1FLUMOg4

2A+3T & 3A cheers Cheering Dance
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:56 am

linglang wrote:

WOW!  her jumps look huge Boogie 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:01 am

ballerinamao wrote:
linglang wrote:

WOW!  her jumps look huge Boogie 
They sure do.
Back to top Go down
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:15 am

The 3A looks rotated!! Dance I think that with Ashley, Kanako, Adelina (she looked great in her recent performances) it will be a great (and tough) competition! Go Mao!! Cheering 
(please share all the practice clips that you find!! Thank you! )
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:53 am

(partial) practice report from sportsnavi:
(http://live.sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/live/sports/figureskate_all/1857/)

Mao -- started with routine practices checking, ran through the program without jumps, steps light to the melody. Practicing triple jumps afterwards with successful landing
Kanako -- like Mao, ran through her program without jumps. Landing 3-3 combination afterwards
Adelina -- landing 3-3, triples in 2nd half of the program, seems to be in good condition
Ashley -- fall on a 3-3, landing triples, there were 3 triples in the second half(?)

When everyone finished the practice and were on the rink side checking with their coaches, Mao was the only one keeping on practicing. And she hit a successful 3-3 and there were hand clapping.

Kawai Aya wrote in her blog (in Japanese, she sometimes works on the broadcasting of skating shows and competitions):
http://ameblo.jp/kawai-aya/entry-11627981897.html
She was at the practice of JO. And she wrote that Mao's steps will be the highlight. It is much more difficult than the StSq of Swan Lake.
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:00 am

Mao is looking good flower 3A is crisp and sharp AND most certainly fully rotated
I already feel a bit nostalgic since we all know this is her final season. Once we'll see her programs, we'll know there will be no more new competitive programs from Mao to wait for. This makes me sad but also a bit of adrenaline rush: this is Mao's last "final combat" and we, as long time fans, are "fighting" just behind her, supporting her always. No matter what!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am

Mao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confetti Cheering Happy dance Confetti Cheering Happy dance 

I can't wait to watch her DanceDance Dance Dance 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am

Practice photos
Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice 31z20110

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice 69364310

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0010

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0011

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0012

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Oth13110
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 am

Last edited by roma on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Mao is looking good flower 3A is crisp and sharp AND most certainly fully rotated
I already feel a bit nostalgic since we all know this is her final season. Once we'll see her programs, we'll know there will be no more new competitive programs from Mao to wait for. This makes me sad but also a bit of adrenaline rush: this is Mao's last "final combat" and we, as long time fans, are "fighting" just behind her, supporting her always. No matter what!
Well said Lady_in_black Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 am

linglang wrote:
Practice photos
Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice 31z20110

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice 69364310

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0010

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0011

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice View0012

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Oth13110
She looks really beauty Many Hearts  Thanks everyone for the updates Thank you!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 am

Interview
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000003-spnavi-spo

My feeling now is that the first competition of the season finally starts. [Turned 23 the other day] Nothing has changed since I turned 23.  I want to do my best to make a good season.  [how’s it going] I’ve been doing run-throughs though, I’m not sure how things will develop because this is the first competition in the season. I want to make good use of lessons that I will learn at each  competition to do better at a following competition. [about jumps] I felt the rink was smaller in width than usual so I made some adjustment.  I checked take-off positions and I think it’s OK. I’ve done run-throughs of FS so many times, so I don’t feel it’s going to be the first time for me to perform it (before the audience). I think the program has been ingrained in me and I hope I will be able to deliver it. [This is a culmination season for you] Now, I feel more like that the Olympic season is about to start.
[emotion in the last steps] It’s very strong and dynamic part, so I want to express the dynamism that I have now.  I’m helped by the program in many parts and I wish I could express the program with my emotion. [any difference from past seasons psychologically?] Not such a big difference.  I skated the program at practice today and I felt it’s good and relieved.  I hope I will be able to skate with confidence.
[3A looks good] Towards the end of the practice, I thought too much and failed. But I was able to correct it, which was good. Jump layout is same as last season.  [doing 3A from the first competition] The goal is to do my best at each competition and I think it’s good that I can set for it at highest level (of difficulty).  The level of perfection is different at times.  But I always aim at 100% or over.  I hope I will be able to generate momentum for the next competition.  Tomorrow, I will make sure that I will not get a level deduction, especially spins, I will complete all the way to receive level 4, and I will execute jumps that will give momentum for next competition.
[reasons why things look good] My conditions are sometimes good and sometimes bad.  It was good today.  To be honest, I'm anxious too if I will be OK at the first competition.  I’m looking forward to it. If I play the game in the way that will help me do better at a next competition, I will be able to do even better at Olympics.  I don’t care about jump layout at all.  I care more about the entire program.  When I fail (jumps), I think about it myself and ask Sensei for advice.  But I try not to think too much.
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 am

linglang wrote:
Interview
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000003-spnavi-spo

My feeling now is that the first competition of the season finally starts. [Turned 23 the other day] Nothing has changed since I turned 23.  I want to do my best to make a good season.  [how’s it going] I’ve been doing run-throughs though, I’m not sure how things will develop because this is the first competition in the season. I want to make good use of lessons that I will learn at each  competition to do better at a following competition. [about jumps] I felt the rink was smaller in width than usual so I made some adjustment.  I checked take-off positions and I think it’s OK. I’ve done run-throughs of FS so many times, so I don’t feel it’s going to be the first time for me to perform it (before the audience). I think the program has been ingrained in me and I hope I will be able to deliver it. [This is a culmination season for you] Now, I feel more like that the Olympic season is about to start.
[emotion in the last steps] It’s very strong and dynamic part, so I want to express the dynamism that I have now.  I’m helped by the program in many parts and I wish I could express the program with my emotion. [any difference from past seasons psychologically?] Not such a big difference.  I skated the program at practice today and I felt it’s good and relieved.  I hope I will be able to skate with confidence.
[3A looks good] Towards the end of the practice, I thought too much and failed. But I was able to correct it, which was good. Jump layout is same as last season.  [doing 3A from the first competition] The goal is to do my best at each competition and I think it’s good that I can set for it at highest level (of difficulty).  The level of perfection is different at times.  But I always aim at 100% or over.  I hope I will be able to generate momentum for the next competition.  Tomorrow, I will make sure that I will not get a level deduction, especially spins, I will complete all the way to receive level 4, and I will execute jumps that will give momentum for next competition.
[reasons why things look good] My conditions are sometimes good and sometimes bad.  It was good today.  To be honest, I'm anxious too if I will be OK at the first competition.  I’m looking forward to it. If I play the game in the way that will help me do better at a next competition, I will be able to do even better at Olympics.  I don’t care about jump layout at all.  I care more about the entire program.  When I fail (jumps), I think about it myself and ask Sensei for advice.  But I try not to think too much.
Thank you! linglang
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh My GOSH!!! Mao looks amazing!!!cheers Thumbs up! WOW! Dance Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for all the clips and photos! And thank you, linlang, for translating the interview cheers 

Mao looks great so far! I'm excited for tomorrow (and nervous as well, because that jumping layout is still difficult as hell!)

BTW, I love the first photo from Ken Himura's post Swoon
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm

As she gets older, she is getting more and more pretty Love Love 
Her jumps look so good, but I don't want to have big hopes cause we never know with the 3A.Unconscious Unconscious
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:01 pm

3A is huge, everything looks great, keep going!!!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
3A is huge, everything looks great, keep going!!!
What I actually found most impressive is her ice coverage in her 2A-3T, it's just HUGE in every way, in the first clip she starts the jumps close to the borders and ends the combination close to the borders on the other side...

Last edited by ballerinamao on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarace

Czarace

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Does anybody know if there will be some live streams over the weekend for JO? Im from England, and I can't find any however much scouring I do! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theczarisalive.blogspot.com
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Video of Mao's 3A, the same u guys posted, but the quality is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnS5Wx106L4&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Thank you Dani-Chan! Encore Her 3a looks really good!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the videos, excited to see Mao in good shape Smile Does anyone know what time the competition starts?
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:39 pm

babayaga wrote:
Thanks everyone for the videos, excited to see Mao in good shape :)Does anyone know what time the competition starts?
Same question here Question Dance Dance DanceDance

By the way, nice to see you guys Yep!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Here are two new clips, her 3A look mindbobling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaoWEKJwvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUxd48C5jU
Beautiful jumps. She got this. cheers 

Keep up the confidence. You are your own competition Mao, not anyone else. Conquer your worries and fears, and you will be unstoppable. Good luck! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next