Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!

Go down 
+37
mimmiz
Tripleaxelqueen
PochinkoPotanko
symbolicsmile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
minhoudi
whiteboots2013
BowbowDaijin
kitty
europeanfan
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
kisses
AmazingGraceMao
Iceriver
Abdiel
kawaiimao
chapis
FigureArtist14
let`s talk
ilovethai
silenceisgolden
inskate
ElleluvsL
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
sapphiresky
Ken Himura
Czarace
Haidogirl
shar
Dani-Chan
aoi88
roma
ballerinamao
COHK
linglang
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:09 pm

linglang wrote:
Thank you for the link to the interview and translation.

While it’s good to know about the reason, especially hearing from the person who’s involved in the matter, it’s really sad that they had to depart like this way ... same as many of you I cannot get rid of the thought what if they stayed together for some more years, during her growth spurt in particular.  Well, it was Mao’s decision and I don’t think she regrets it, but she paid extra cost for it.  I just finished reading her new book and it still saddens me when I remember her face in an interview after the nice worlds and that she lost purpose of doing figure skating and thought about quitting it. She wouldn't necessarily go through it after experiencing the tragic loss of her mother.

Now it’s over years ago and I don’t have to reiterate it, but I cannot help but be angry/sad at a bad rap Mao got when she was dragged into the Kim-Orser breakup.  It’s now obvious it was indeed an unjustified allegation that one of the reasons why they broke up was because Mao tried to steal Orser from her.  I don’t know who started it, but it’s obvious either Team Kim or Orser (who denied in an interview and acknowledged in another though) was telling a lie.  Poor Mao.  She just had to put up with it until the fuss subsided while there was no reason at all for her to approach Orser.  She wanted to train in Japan to stay with her sick mother!!  All the things that Kim camp did to try to make Mao look a bad person are bygones now, but this particular degradation attempt just really p*** me off even more after I read this interview. Frustrated Very Mad 

Re. sun flow seed.  Actually, Yukari skated before Kim Yuna and she completed her FS without any problem on the ice.  I don’t know what actually bothered Yuna to quit flip attempt (my naive assumption is fear for lip call), but it was not due to sun flow seed at all.  It’s bad for a fan to throw unwrapped flower onto the ice, and clean-up took more time than usual and troubled Yukari for sure but it had nothing to do with Kim’s flip skip.

I like Mao’s calmness and she doesn’t make a big deal out of something.  At 2010 worlds, Mao found something on the ice while she was performing her FS.  It was a part of confetti used for opening ceremony.  After she finished, she picked it up and skated to the board and throw it away and hugged Jeanetta-sensei with big smiles for skating clean FS (although got UR for 3A).  And that’s it. clown    I think this is not something special and most skaters would react like Mao.
Thumbs up! Totally agree with bolded parts above. Poor Mao, she always has to be subjected to these attacks, and never says anything about it. But that's what makes her so classy, she doesn't involve herself in pointless fights.

And that flip Disappointed ugh...I just really dislike her attitude sometimes. It wasn't even like she attempted it with a knee-bend and then stopped because something was seemed wrong...it was more of "I'm not even gonna do it attitude..." It's almost disrespectful sometimes...especially 2010 World's...her freeskate...it was completely like an attitude of "I don't need this competition...who cares"...

I still remember 2010 World's...Tracy Wilson's commentary was that part of Mao's skirt fell and she would get a deduction. I was annoyed at that because Tracy didn't even clarify for the audience that no, it was not a part of Mao's skirt, and the fact that Mao didn't even let it bother her performance deserved recognition...I loved how calm Mao was during that- you can even tell that she was looking out for it as she did that step sequence.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Charming sunflower seed story! Fried  Anymore stories  around? Yuna is full of shit.Commentator
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:07 am

linglang wrote:
Thank you for the link to the interview and translation.

Re. sun flow seed.  Actually, Yukari skated before Kim Yuna and she completed her FS without any problem on the ice.  I don’t know what actually bothered Yuna to quit flip attempt (my naive assumption is fear for lip call), but it was not due to sun flow seed at all.  It’s bad for a fan to throw unwrapped flower onto the ice, and clean-up took more time than usual and troubled Yukari for sure but it had nothing to do with Kim’s flip skip.

I like Mao’s calmness and she doesn’t make a big deal out of something. At 2010 worlds, Mao found something on the ice while she was performing her FS.  It was a part of confetti used for opening ceremony.  After she finished, she picked it up and skated to the board and throw it away and hugged Jeanetta-sensei with big smiles for skating clean FS (although got UR for 3A).  And that’s it. clown    I think this is not something special and most skaters would react like Mao.
It's one of the reasons why I love Mao!! But she DOES make a big deal out of something: skating. When she performs good, she is satisfied and proceeds to level up. But when she had errors, she'll be sure to work on those big time! (e.g. reworking jumps, improving skating skills)

About Yuna's flip (and occasional lip): It's more about the timing, as her then-coach said in an interview. An honest mistake, like Mao's single toe in the 2010 Olys. That seed story... Commentator I don't think officials would let that happen. If I'm wrong, then shame on those responsible for it.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:29 pm

TV Asashi Sports program "Get sports" analyzing GPF (perhaps should move this to a new topic about GPF?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1yMJvCu-E

Basically, Chan as the men's leader is surrounded by Jpn skaters; while Mao as the ladies' leader is surrounded by Russian skaters. Shizuka thinks Mao's in a good position for Sochi OGM now. Winning a consecutive GPF title for Mao will definitely raise the possibility for getting OGM, just as it is shown in the final part of the video... I really really hope that will be the case!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 4:17 am

COHK wrote:
TV Asashi Sports program "Get sports" analyzing GPF (perhaps should move this to a new topic about GPF?):

Basically, Chan as the men's leader is surrounded by Jpn skaters; while Mao as the ladies' leader is surrounded by Russian skaters. Shizuka thinks Mao's in a good position for Sochi OGM now. Winning a consecutive GPF title for Mao will definitely raise the possibility for getting OGM, just as it is shown in the final part of the video... I really really hope that will be the case!

Thank you for the vid!
At least i think we can be sure, even with a clean SP, Chan wont get 98 points here in Japan! Which is good, also for the overall exitment of the competiton!

should we already start a GPF topic?Surprised 
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 am

COHK wrote:

Basically, Chan as the men's leader is surrounded by Jpn skaters;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1yMJvCu-E&sns&t=3m55s

""Components wiser he is the closest to me. Virtually I think equal." Chan about Dai.

Oh really, dude. In other words Patrick thinks he is on the top of PCS and all others are "closest" or dear to be "virtually equal" to him. How generous of PChiddy. And the fact that his PCS were the object of critics for the last 3 seasons, gave him medals that he didn't earn, this fact doesn't really bother him much scratch . Not saying that not-clean Dai won in PCS over not-clean Chan just recently, in NHK and SC accordingly, the thing that should have happened long time ago Evil or Very Mad. Patrick never misses a chance to make an asshole of himself Commentator . He and Yuna should marry each other. Match made in heaven! Worship
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 am

let`s talk wrote:
 Patrick never misses a chance to make an asshole of himself Commentator . He and Yuna should marry each other. Match made in heaven! Worship
ROTFLMAO 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 am

Quote :
Components wiser he is the closest to me. Virtually I think equal
He didnt really say that, did he? LMAO 
This is the joke of the century!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 am

Chanboni Co. and Yuna sunflower seed is a perfect match Dance 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:08 am

let`s talk wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1yMJvCu-E&sns&t=3m55s

""Components wiser he is the closest to me. Virtually I think equal." Chan about Dai.

Oh really, dude. In other words Patrick thinks he is on the top of PCS and all others are "closest" or dear to be "virtually equal" to him. How generous of PChiddy. And the fact that his PCS were the object of critics for the last 3 seasons, gave him medals that he didn't earn, this fact doesn't really bother him much scratch . Not saying that not-clean Dai won in PCS over not-clean Chan just recently, in NHK and SC accordingly, the thing that should have happened long time ago Evil or Very Mad. Patrick never misses a chance to make an asshole of himself Commentator

Oh for the love of God! Patrick shut up and start bowing to whomever is responsible for your ridiculous overscoring! Frustrated If there wasn't some shady thing going on in behind the scenes for the past 3-4 seasons, (no way does Patrick get this treatment without it ) Dai wouldn't be virtually equal to you, you insufferable idiot, but light years ahead of you. Where he should be! Frustrated Mad Very Mad 

Come on Sochi judges, ground this idiot once and for all! Worship Worship Worship 

let'stalk wrote:
He and Yuna should marry each other. Match made in heaven! Worship
ROTFLMAO 

Or match made in hell, depends from which perspective you're looking.

pearlyriver wrote:
Chanboni Co. and Yuna sunflower seed is a perfect match Dance 
LMAO 

Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 am

With all the respect i can bring on for him i have to admit, he is great! But he is not alone!
Might be true, that he is on a same level with Daisuke technically.. or even better when it comes to quads! But seriously presentable? Im afraid, he has an altitude flight, because the judges gave him so high scores in the last few years, hes got a wrong image of himself because of that! Unconscious
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 4:30 pm

let`s talk wrote:
Patrick never misses a chance to make an asshole of himself Commentator
That's the impression I always get when he speaks and I cannot understand...why does he do that? I mean, he doesn't look like an arrogant person but then when he opens his mouth affraid ...and always with a smile on his face as if he was saying nothing relevant at all...I don't know Rolling Eyes  However, the way he always speaks makes me think that Patrick knows perfectly that a very large group of fans have been against his scores for a very long time(and rightly so) and he has decided to give the impression that he is not affected by what others think and wants to look confident. He's been speaking like this for a very long time and you see how many mistake filled programs he's performed, so he's not as relaxed or confident as he says. I wanted to point that out because every time I see him speak I see that "I'm the best and I have confidence in me" expression which looks rather false to me.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Glad to hear from you Abdiel.  I was hoping you were safe from the typhoon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 am

When will Mao go to Fukuoka?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 am

Regarding Rafa's interview, wasn't he contradicting himself when he said that it's okay for Nathan Chen to leave out the quad because it's just the cherry on the cake but it's not okay when Mao is the only female skater doing the 3A and other skaters should follow her? That's what I understand from his words.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 am

I just found out that Radionova's coach's favorite skater is Mao! Smile She says so in this interview that was translated in FSU. She calls Mao a "gorgeous skater." In the original version, it also mentions something about her skating being "harmonious", which I totally agree. I love Mao's skating because her movements all appear to be in harmony. The only other skater I remember having this quality was Michelle Kwan, so it's no wonder they are my two favorite skaters of all time.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?90049-Vaytsekhovskaya-s-interview-with-Radionova-s-coach-Goncharenko
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 am

aoi88 wrote:
I just found out that Radionova's coach's favorite skater is Mao! Smile She says so in this interview that was translated in FSU. She calls Mao a "gorgeous skater." In the original version, it also mentions something about her skating being "harmonious", which I totally agree. I love Mao's skating because her movements all appear to be in harmony. The only other skater I remember having this quality was Michelle Kwan, so it's no wonder they are my two favorite skaters of all time.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?90049-Vaytsekhovskaya-s-interview-with-Radionova-s-coach-Goncharenko
Harmonious, that is the word I have been looking for!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Very interesting article  Thank you!  "aoi88"

I completely agree, everything that Mao does on the ice is simply beautiful! When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God even more!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
The official practices will be held on 12/4 (Ladies' practice will be from 12:10-50 noon, local time). So Mao will possibly be at Fukuoka either the day before or on that day, I guess...
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. TV commercials

Practice scene #4 -- 'jump' version
https://youtu.be/F-MEA5Xe15Y

Private #4 -- 'monitor check' version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6vqimXLM0
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:03 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Very candid and insightful interview. No wonder why Elena loves Mao.
Back to top Go down
kisses
Double Axel
Double Axel
kisses

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Very interesting article  Thank you!  "aoi88"

I completely agree, everything that Mao does on the ice is simply beautiful! When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God even more!
I also agree, perfect word to describe Mao's skating is "harmonious". Every time I replay her performance post-Vancouver, her skates becomes gorgeous in my eyes. For me, her training under Satos' is a best decision to improve her overall skating quality. If you remove her jumps from her performance, still her skating is beautiful, gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 pm

COHK wrote:
Sumitomo Life Insurance Co. TV commercials

Practice scene #4 -- 'jump' version
https://youtu.be/F-MEA5Xe15Y

Private #4 -- 'monitor check' version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6vqimXLM0
Wow, thank you. Her jumps are clean as a whistle. Cloud 9 and I can watch that Biellmann spin all day Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 am

COHK wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
The official practices will be held on 12/4 (Ladies' practice will be from 12:10-50 noon, local time). So Mao will possibly be at Fukuoka either the day before or on that day, I guess...
Thank you! Im really looking forward to some news Surprised 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!    Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!   - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2013-2014 Season!
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next