Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NHK Trophy 2013

Go down 
+39
maofan93
Lelya
agathrine
ElleluvsL
supportmaoasada
Ken Himura
europeanfan
illani
Afsfan
maosukefan
BounceAround
Hotaru
BowbowDaijin
itsonlykat
sweetdream
josling
ballerinamao
Alokya
KariDebate
ilovethai
l-spiralmao
chiyori
inskate
hazelq
sapphiresky
polosatik
zarinaballerina
let`s talk
roma
shar
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
silenceisgolden
AmazingGraceMao
Dani-Chan
pearlyriver
Haidogirl
COHK
linglang
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXM-xniTj5w&feature=youtu.be

could anyone who understands russian, please give a brief translation of what the russian commentator said, he seemed ecstatic Smile 
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

So, here go the ladies...

Elene Gedevanishivilli – This was so sad to watch. I still remember how amazing she was when I first saw her (on TV) at the Torino Olympics. At that time I thought she would be battling for the top spots with Mao and Yuna for the years to come and I’ve always considered her the best performer of the three. Even after she lost her jumps I still used to enjoy her a lot for her personality on the ice. Unfortunately, at NHK it seemed there was nothing left at all of her former qualities. The jumps were really bad, so were her skating skills but most of all she didn’t even seem to try to perform. I’m sorry to say, but this time there was nothing to compliment on.

Mirai Nagasu – Poor girl had her share of bad luck having to wait so long till the computer problems were solved. In the meantime she kept checking her jumps and landed all of them mostly cleanly. By that I mean most of them looked fully rotated to me. The same goes for her warm-up. And then she went and put such a mess of a free skate out there. I thought her jumps in general (not in the actual performance though!) were really nice. They are quite big, I didn’t notice any serious underrotation problems and she has the most beautiful landing position of all the ladies I can think of.
Her spins were lovely, but seem faster on TV. Generally, she is not particularly fast.

Alena Leonova – Usually, I can’t stand her skating as I find it quite cheap and cheesey, but this was not bad, performance-wise. She is definitely much more acceptable to me as Carmen than a Pirate.
I like her jumps and think she should be getting good GOE on them when landed cleanly.

Satoko Miyahara – This girl is good! Her jumps are still quite small and low but the landings are actually rather clean, if everything is ok with the jump. In her 2A-3T, for example, you could clearly see she finished the rotation well before landing. Most of all she interprets the music wonderfully and has the ability to draw you in her performance without being too showy or overdramatic. Before you realize it, you can’t take your eyes off her and think “this is interesting“.
I just hope her jumps will keep growing with her.

Valentina Marchei – Her lutzes are amazing! Otherwise I don’t remember much of her performance. When you really focus on her, you see she has many good qualities, but she just seems to miss that special something that would make you start looking for them in the first place.

Gracie Gold – I was looking forward to seeing her as I’ve always found her quite interesting despite being aware that she is no stellar artist, plus I like big jumps. However, in reality she is pretty boring indeed. Unlike when watching Satoko, here I suddenly found my mind wondering off completely.
Her jumps are very good but not really the OMG, SO HUGE!!! THE NEXT MIDORI ITO AND TONYA HARDING COMBINED!!! kind of comments would make you believe. Provided I have never seen the latter two skate in person, I suspect they must have been much more impressive than that.
Gracie’s jumps didn’t that obviously stand out in comparison to the other well-jumping girls out there like Valentina, Alena, Mao, Akiko and, yes, in my impression, also Mirai. I am only considering the quality of their well-landed jumps though, not how consistently they were able to land such.
One more point, she is an excellent spinner! Her spin positions are not hyper-flexible but very clean and pretty and she does spin FAST! Faster than Mirai.

Elena Radionova – Color me impressed! She really is something. Her performing skills, musicality, command of the ice and presence are absolutely unmatched. She is so tiny but the whole arena was full of her. She didn’t miss a single beat of the music and was able to keep the tempo throughout the entire program and keep building it up to a triumphal ending.
I think this program is perfect for her. I don’t care about the age-appropriate or not criticisms.
She doesn’t have to be Frida but she sure as hell can skate to that music and do it justice in her own way.
At this stage she is much better suited to upbeat and dynamic pieces as she has the personality to pull them off, but not quite the lines or fluidity for lyrical stuff (yet?).
She is super fast! By far the fastest of all the ladies out there and she glides over the ice absolutely effortlessly. Very good skating skills, I think.
What is not that impressive are her jumps. They are clean and fully rotated but very small with sloppy landings. The way she lands her jumps is something that has always bothered me about her. I’m also not loving her lines and carriage, but apart from that she is pure perfection.  

Akiko Suzuki – I love her dresses! She is such a lovely skater and a great performer but her jumps were hit and miss. She has good speed going into them but not enough control and tends to miss the timing. She also seemed to be struggling with rotating the 3-2-2 combo in the warm-up.
I expected her to be the best performer of the night but, surprisingly, even she was overshadowed by little Radionova, who in my eyes had much stronger presence on the ice.

Mao Asada – I was curious about how her jumps look in person and was ready to be critical if necessary but it is not, her jumps are pretty good! Definitely not small as some say. They have good height and distance and nice landings.
The thing that cought my attention though is that she doesn’t really attack them, but they just appear out of nowhere. You think she is just checking her take off and going to skate through the jump and BAM! It’s a triple. The same goes for her 3A, you cannot see it coming until she is already rotating in the air. Perhaps this is something that takes away some of the WOW factor, but otherwise the jumps are of good quality.
The 3A was rotated, IMHO, definitely more than the one in the SP, but perhaps the judges just thought “enough already” because of the two-footing. The 3A landed in the warm-up was absolutely clean.
I didn’t see her attempt the 2A-3T at all in the warm-up, so I assumed she wasn’t going for it but then she just did it! Unfortunately, in an angle I couldn’t see very well.
I liked this old-new dress on her too. It looks good and fits the music.
Also she definitely can skate to Rach. She may not be such a natural performer as Radionova but the music serves her well and the spins seem to fit the music better in person than on TV.

Done!Unconscious 

This must be my longest elaborate since my diploma thesis.Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:50 pm

kawaiimao, thanks so much for telling us your experience watching the competition.

Quote :
The thing that cought my attention though is that she doesn’t really attack them, but they just appear out of nowhere.
I seem to get this vibe watching videos, too. And I dunno, but maybe because when she jumps I can't help but feel like she landed so lightly on the ice. If I watch other skaters they give me a feeling that they're attacking their jumps more coz the landing feels a bit "heavy"... Dunno how to properly explain really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:21 pm

roma wrote:
kawaiimao, thanks so much for telling us your experience watching the competition.

Quote :
The thing that cought my attention though is that she doesn’t really attack them, but they just appear out of nowhere.
I seem to get this vibe watching videos, too. And I dunno, but maybe because when she jumps I can't help but feel like she landed so lightly on the ice. If I watch other skaters they give me a feeling that they're attacking their jumps more coz the landing feels a bit "heavy"... Dunno how to properly explain really.
ITA, I must say that this is also the same feeling I get when i watch her videos, her jumps really do appear out of nowhere, she just barely has any preparation, and despite that still makes it look effortless. as for Mao's soft and light landing, it's really something that was always a very characteristic and recognizable part of her skating, which i'm soo fond of!

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 pm

roma wrote:

Quote :
I remember Mao's jumps are more about timing. In some ways, I feel Mao never let go of her ballerina roots even in her jumping style. She jumps like a ballerina, very light on the ice, but not much power or speed. When she does them well, it looks nice. But I feel if she attacked her jumps more, it might help her with the rotations. Mao's jumps looked best under Rafael. I still think he is a better jump coach than Sato, whose expertise is more on skating skills. He is doing a a good job with Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon, both of whom weren't known as strong jumpers in the past.

Thank you Kawaiimao on the reports. It's good to know Mao's jumps looked good in person. It's nice to hear something positive after reading a lot of negative criticism on her jumps in other forums. Interesting observation on Mirai's jumps. I always felt Mirai's jumps looked nice when done well. However, I feel she doesn't rotate as fast as others, so maybe this causes her to underrotate.
Back to top Go down
Tripleaxelqueen

Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 pm

I know you guys probably don't have the time or the desire to waste your time participating at Golden skate Forum, but I feel Mao needs more fans in that forum. It will be really nice if some of you participated in that forum. Let's talk used to be a great defender of Mao but he is not there anymore
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
I know you guys probably don't have the time or the desire to waste your time participating at Golden skate Forum, but I feel Mao needs more fans in that forum. It will be really nice if some of you participated in that forum. Let's talk used to be a great defender of Mao but he is not there anymore
I just joined that forum 2 days ago, so GS definitely has a new Mao defender. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
I am there too but you know, some posters are Whirly  , then sometimes I just want ignore them, but yes, it is good show we love for Mao because besides it looks like some people get really Frustrated  only to realizing Mao has fans ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks Kawaiimao. Interesting to read your observation on Mirai's jumps. If she has big jumps and nice landings, then her only problem is underrotation, isn't it? It's so frustrating to see her going downhill for UR Frustrated Sweatdrop 

I sometimes go to Goldenskate. I don't have an account there but just want to read more on skaters I didn't get to watch when they were competing. I was amazed that people there worship Michelle and never write her off even she was past her prime and struggling with injuries but they are so harsh on Mao, writing her off like she was done after having a bad season due to reworking her techniques.
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

Not to be annoying because I already posted this, but if anyone sees a link to the CBC broadcast of Mao's program(s) that isn't geo-blocked please post it! It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:34 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

I couldn't believe how he was able to pull off the performance in that atmosphere. WOW!
Dai is canonized in Japan. The lady next to me started crying after his combo and couldn't stop. I attended all 3 days of NHK (god bless ticket brokers! Twisted Evil ) and I saw it all the time when he was on the ice. Miyamoto could barely reach his seat, someone always stopped him and said "thank you" (for Sonatina), and he said thank you for "thank you". Charming! In general the event was rather beautiful. For me there was only one dissappointment - in ice dancing. I managed to tape the off-ice warm-up of I/K from the secret place that I found where the staffers couldn't see me (Lol):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnWPUF8OAA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_b78cLI2o
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 am

Thank's let's talk!

And I also have a GS account, I just never use it...
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:47 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Thank's let's talk!

I dont have an account there either, you guys were talking so bad abot it, i was not interested anymore lol! 

Btw do the golden skate awards have to do with that forum?
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 am

Haidogirl wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Thank's let's talk!

I dont have an account there either, you guys were talking so bad abot it, i was not interested anymore lol! 

Isn't the golden skate awards run by an Italian organization? I never go to Mao threads on GS so I don't know it's that bad:evil: . I do learn a lot from discussing sound and constructive discussions there.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Thank's let's talk!

Isn't the golden skate awards run by an Italian organization? I never go to Mao threads on GS so I don't know it's that bad:evil: . I do learn a lot from discussing sound and constructive discussions there.
I really dont know. I was just wondering how they are judging to give the award. What the skaters have to do to win?
Its not, that the best there win!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:37 am

@kawaiimao, thank you so much for the detailed report! Worship Thank you! Daisies for you 

I agree, I wish she would've atacked her jumps more, but Sato did mention something about working on controling the speed going into the jumps, so maybe she'll be more agressive.

@let'stalk, thanx for the videos. I love watching the backstage stuff.

Haidogirl wrote:

If you wish to read posts about Mao on GS, you need the nerves and stomach for it. She is really hated there, same goes for FSU.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
@kawaiimao, thank you so much for the detailed report! Worship Thank you! Daisies for you 

I agree, I wish she would've atacked her jumps more, but Sato did mention something about working on controling the speed going into the jumps, so maybe she'll be more agressive.

@let'stalk, thanx for the videos. I love watching the backstage stuff.

Haidogirl wrote:

If you wish to read posts about Mao on GS, you need the nerves and stomach for it. She is really hated there, same goes for FSU.

See! I knew it! Im not going to read anything there! Its enough already to read the cold-hearted stuff in the yuna forum Drama! 
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am

It's actually just the same group of posters. They just happen to appear in every Mao thread. The majority of posters at GS are alright. I used to find FSU worse but the level of bashing has gone down recently and it doesn't apply to just Mao.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXM-xniTj5w&feature=youtu.be

could anyone who understands russian, please give a brief translation of what the russian commentator said, he seemed ecstatic Smile 
here is a very brief summary, my russian is so rusty, it's embarrassing. Embarassed 

He's a big fan of hers, Very Happy , he says she's going to GPF without a doubt.
About 3A:
It's been very long since anyone has done this (jumped the 3A). She's the only one doing this, she's risking it, but understands that in 3A is her chance and is succeeding. How long it's been since she came on the scene? 14 years. it's imposible to imagine  figure skating without Mao. Love  Then he watches the slow-mo replay: this is fantastic. She is going to post such a score, we've never seen her to post so far. Then he's wondering about world record score (I think he's trying to remember who posted it, and how high is it Laughing ). Then the score comes up and he's shouting: it's her personal best (personal record). Bravo, Bravo...

He really likes her. I think that somewhere in the footage he also says that her 3A isn't yet there, but that it's going to be there, or something like this. I didn't really understand that part. Like I said, my russian is very rusty. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:06 pm

aoi88 wrote:

It's actually just the same group of posters. They just happen to appear in every Mao thread. The majority of posters at GS are alright.

They have nothing but icy cold and rediculous comments about this competition!
I mean, sure, Mao wasnt perfect and still got a huge score, but what about the holy Yuna? She doesnt even is brave enough to show up at least this early of the season and HELLO? She also first has to skate a show worthy of a 130+ score, which wont be easy. I expect, Yuna know that, but her weird fans?
God sorry, im so mad, right now ..
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

It's actually just the same group of posters. They just happen to appear in every Mao thread. The majority of posters at GS are alright.
I mean, sure, Mao wasnt perfect and still got a huge score, but what about the holy Yuna? She doesnt even is brave enough to show up at least this early of the season and HELLO? She also first has to skate a show worthy of a 130+ score, which wont be easy. I expect, Yuna know that, but her weird fans?
And this why I've decided to not go check GS after NHK, cause I knew they'll be tearing her apart. I guess she should stick to their queen's plan: go for the easiest content and get overscored. But had she done this, they would be tearing her down for doing junior stuff. Rolling Eyes Laughing And unlike their precious godess, Mao is a fighter who doesn't look for the easy way out. Razz 

I do wish however, that she would switch 3F3Lo to 3F-3T. the way things are going, the judges will never rattify her 3Lo. No 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

And this why I've decided to not go check GS after NHK, cause I knew they'll be tearing her apart. I guess she should stick to their queen's plan: go for the easiest content and get overscored. But had she done this, they would be tearing her down for doing junior stuff. Rolling Eyes Laughing And unlike their precious godess, Mao is a fighter who doesn't look for the easy way out. Razz 

I do wish however, that she would switch 3F3Lo to 3F-3T. the way things are going, the judges will never rattify her 3Lo. No 

The judges started to overscore Yuna since 2011, if you ask me. I mean the 150 at Olympics were well deserved, but since then, her jumps didnt change, and the entire program she has the same face expression silent  And for that 148 at the last worlds?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Haidogirl wrote:

The judges started to overscore Yuna since 2011, if you ask me. I mean the 150 at Olympics were well deserved, but since then, her jumps didnt change, and the entire program she has the same face expression silent  And for that 148 at the last worlds?
I disagree, IMO, since worlds 2007, she's been receiving higher scores than she deserved, but the oversocring started at 2009 worlds. Again, IMO, she did not deserve 150 points for a program with three 2A in it. Not to mention that ridicilous SP score of 78+ Evil or Very Mad Hello judges, she nearly slipped at the end of her step sequence. Even the german eurosport commentators who were/are obsessed with her, had her at 75-76. 
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I have an account at GS and post something in Mao's defense from time to time when I feel inspired,
but mostly I don't feel like wasting my time with such idiots.

There is no need to argue with them, they are not there to hear arguments and nothing is going to change their minds, ever.

Mao's skating speaks for itself. She certainly doesn't need an approval from a bunch of ignorant GSers.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:36 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

we will see, I for one would also love to see her go back to the 3F-3t but her 3f-3lo did look really really good in practice. But we will see, the GPF is soon, and in the practice session we will know if any changes have been made

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   NHK Trophy 2013 - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2013
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next