Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:07 am

shar wrote:
COHK wrote:
no~~
Dai is out of GPF.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131128-00000057-dal-spo

Dai has minor injury to his right foot, which requires 2-week rest. In this case, Oda will take Dai's place to attend GPF.
Really Dai...WTH did you do?  affraid 
The news says Dai feels pain in his right shin, and the examination showed bruise in the right shin bone...pls get well soon, Dai!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:44 am

Poor him, i hope he can cure his whole body after retirement! I really wish it for him!
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:00 am

Sad Hope he gets well soon!
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:34 am

This is too bad...I hope he recovers soon! Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:37 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
I agree with you "iceriver" in everything, even if I don't like to choose Chan like the winner!!!!  Evil or Very Mad 

Maybe I'm the only one who likes Virtue/Moir more then Davis/White in this forum  Laugh  But I think D/W will win!
I prefer Virtue/ Moir. They are the better artists IMO. Most members in this forum don't like them because they come across as being fake/arrogant. In terms of speed and dancing, I don't think Davis/White better than Ilynik/Katsalapov Dance 
I don't like V/M, they always have the same type of programs, where she gazes at him adoringly and he's all like prince charming or something. Rolling Eyes  I hope D/W mops the floor with them. Yep! cheers Razz 

I don't think V/M are better artists, they have a very good chemistry between them and they are taking advantage of this, but in terms of performing I prefer D/W, they are less fake. I'm not going into technical aspect, because my knowledge about Ice dance isn't good.

Chan, unless he'll mess up very badly, is going to win. Heck, even if he messes up badly, he'll still win. Just look at is past titles. Mad  I hope Yuzu is going to have a fabolous competition, and he'll put Patty under lots of pressure.

V/T are going to win in pairs and post a ridiculous score, even if they'll make mistake/s. S/S are going to be second no matter what (I just hope she doesn't kill herslef with 3A ), and the bronze is going to Pang/Tong.

In ice dance, the fight for the bronze is going to be between the russians and the french, IMO. I hope that B/S solved their issues, I do wish they had a different FD.

In ladies, Mao is going to win this, unless she has a meltdown, Julia in second and the bronze is going to be decided between Ashley, Elena and Adelina. IMO, if Adelina skates clean this time, she should win the bronze over Ashley.

What I can't wait to see is, how they'll score Julia. Will this ridiculous scoring continue or will it return to somewhat normal. Also, will Julia break the 200?

COHK wrote:
The news says Dai feels pain in his right shin, and the examination showed bruise in the right shin bone...pls get well soon, Dai!
I feel bad for Dai, but at least Nobu can prove himself here. If he does well, than he's in a very good place for the Sochi ticket. Why do I have a feeling that Taka isn't going to be on the team. Bawling 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

COHK wrote:
I feel bad for Dai, but at least Nobu can prove himself here. If he does well, than he's in a very good place for the Sochi ticket. Why do I have a feeling that Taka isn't going to be on the team. Bawling 
You think Dai and Yuzu are clear in the team and the other 3 have to fight? Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:44 am

I hope Dai will get well soon, but at least Nobu has one more chance to prove himself. I'm afraid the Sochi berths will go to Dai, Yuzu and Tatsuki, unless they mess up badly. Currently those three can give Patty some pressure and they all have the complete package to medal. I like Nobu, but both of his programs pale in comparison to those three.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:40 am

Happy Turkey Day for all those who celebrate. Confetti 
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:50 am

Dai's injured? Sad 

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:31 am

It was such a huge fight for him to get the ticket for the final and now this Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 am

I read a short article about Julia in Asahi Shimbun (newspaper) by the correspondent in Moscow.
In that report Julia says like this:
She looks forward to GPF but thinks that it will be hard for her to beat Mao because it is held in Japan.

... I hope that not only Mao but also Ashley and Elena will be able to surpass her Wink

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Baoax910
borrowed from eorimonn

Dai Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:17 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

borrowed from eorimonn
AWW adorable! Many Hearts Many Hearts 
Haha Tatsuki always has this "ready to fight" face expression, i love that!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:10 pm

I just realize how this GPF is going to be a crucial competition for Mao. I think it's important for her to do really well, because first, Yuna is making her season debut around same time, so comparisons will be inevitable. Second, she has to maintain her place as the leading contender of the GP. I hope she doesn't go for 2 3As at this event. If she makes more mistakes than usual, Julia L might take that opportunity to overtake her. Not winning the GPF might not be a big deal by itself but if Julia wins, then she will gain even more momentum for Sochi. Judges will take notice and give her marks even closer to the top three. If Julia manages to pull an upset, then I feel she might have a chance to win the Olympics. It's kinda like what happened to Mao back in 2005 except this time Julia gets to go to the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Wow it's impossible not to guess that the third one is Nobu lol! . All four pictures are incredible, though. Such a shame that Dai is not there Sad
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:57 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I just realize how this GPF is going to be a crucial competition for Mao. I think it's important for her to do really well, because first, Yuna is making her season debut around same time, so comparisons will be inevitable. Second, she has to maintain her place as the leading contender of the GP. I hope she doesn't go for 2 3As at this event. If she makes more mistakes than usual, Julia L might take that opportunity to overtake her. Not winning the GPF might not be a big deal by itself but if Julia wins, then she will gain even more momentum for Sochi. Judges will take notice and give her marks even closer to the top three. If Julia manages to pull an upset, then I feel she might have a chance to win the Olympics. It's kinda like what happened to Mao back in 2005 except this time Julia gets to go to the Olympics.
Yes I agree with you. To be honest I'm a little worried and I hope Mao can perform well. We've been discussing how Julia was overscored in Russia but I wouldn't be surprised if her scores from now on kept being that high or similar. It's not the first time we claim that a skater has been overscored because he/she was skating on home ice and then see similar scores everywhere. Julia can start getting higher PCs in her way to Sochi. I remember that some years ago people talked about how Caro was hyped by European judges, or by international judges when competitions were held in Europe, but I think her scores now are pretty much the same wherever she skates. Just an example and I'm not implying that Caro's scores are always inflated.

In my view, PCs are much more subjective than ISU rules claim. I mean, if I were a judge I think it would be difficult for me to say if an interpretation is worth an 8 or a 9. Let's face it, even before a program has started judges know (more or less) what score they will give to that particular skater. PCs are reduced to comparison, that's obvious. Why do we know that Julia's PCs were too high at COR? Well, because she received 64 for a  FS with many mistakes, 4 more points than at Skate Canada with a clean performance. Had she scored 64 in her first competition, we wouldn't be surprised now...people just need time and they get used to it, and judges do the same IMO. Imagine you are going to judge an event and that, obviously, you are not supposed to give skaters scores that differ much from other judges marks...what would you do? Probably, you're going to judge every skater according to what he/she has received in recent competitions. It shouldn't be but, sorry, I don't believe that judges know so much about choreography and interpretation (are they dancers?) to be able to say objectively which choreography deserves an 8.5 and which one a 9, for example.

Finally, about Yuna...I like her too, and I would be lying if I said that I'm not excited to see her new programs. Not very happy with the fact that she has decided to show them the very same weekend as the GPF, though. The truth is that Yuna is very strong. We haven't seen her programs yet but I think that we all know that they are probably going to be great vehicles for her skating. So, yes, Mao needs to do really well in the GPF and show that she is really strong this season.

Gosh I've written a lot lol!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:04 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
I read a short article about Julia in Asahi Shimbun (newspaper) by the correspondent in Moscow.
She looks forward to GPF but thinks that it will be hard for her to beat Mao because it is held in Japan.

... I hope that not only Mao but also Ashley and Elena will be able to surpass her Wink

borrowed from eorimonn

Dai Depressed Crying
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 am

My dream podium is Mao, Ashley and Lena. Go girls!!!! cheers flower And well COR is also known for overscoring Russian athletes. Sochi will be another story. If Mao and Ash will be on their top level, I doubt Lipnitskaya can overtake them. Let's not worry too much, let's cheer for our girl! Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:20 am

silenceisgolden wrote:

Uhhh... Is she saying out loud that Mao will be overscored in GPF? Mao at least deserves her PCS and I can't remember Mao being overscored in PCS nor was she ever given a sudden 4+pts increase like Julia did.

Likewise I'm still worried about what Mao's layout will be. I'm not worried about the competition but I'm worried because I want her to finally land that 3A in competition like she does in practices. She has to land those 3As here. Well she does land them rotated but I hope she now manages to control that free leg so it no longer brushes the ice on landing.

Last edited by roma on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:44 am

polosatik wrote:
My dream podium is Mao, Ashley and Lena. Go girls!!!! cheers flower And well COR is also known for overscoring Russian athletes. Sochi will be another story. If Mao and Ash will be on their top level, I doubt Lipnitskaya can overtake them. Let's not worry too much, let's cheer for our girl! Many Hearts 
Love your optimism sunny . I can't help but be a little worried but I'm sure Mao will do really well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:54 am

MEN
I dream the following podium …
MEN
1.Yuzuru Hanyu
2.Maxim Kovton
3.Nobunari Oda

WOMEN
1.Mao Asada
2.Adelina Sotnikova
3.Julia Lipnitsukaia

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 4:20 am

Iceriver wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Love your optimism sunny . I can't help but be a little worried but I'm sure Mao will do really well Very Happy
Mao said that she feels better then fans cheer for her, and I truly believe that even we're miles away from her, she can feel our support. So I don't want my doubts and worries getting Mao. That's why even I'm worried,cause we all worried, we love Mao, I'm sending her good vibes and trying to be positive no matter what. We all want Mao to be confident, but how can she be confident when her fans doubting her every move? Wink Mao already has gone through so much pain and difficulties, I hope now she can find her own way to be happy on the ice and off the ice)
And welcome to Mao forum! Love to see more great people here sunny 
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 4:26 am

polosatik wrote:
And welcome to Mao forum! Love to see more great people here sunny 
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

It is interesting the way Julia reacted in cup of Russia, it was evident she made those mistakes because she was nervous, I totally think Mao will win GPF but if Julia win just imagine the pressure for her, in Sochi it will be headlines like Julia vs Yuna, or julia vs yuna vs Mao, and the first russian woman may be getting the OGM, the wonder little girl, the OG in Russia, her home, it would be too much for her. I think the best for Julia is not winning GPF, and stay under radar as possible.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:43 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

borrowed from eorimonn

Dai Depressed Crying
This is so cute! Swoon 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next