Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix Final 2013

Go down 
+53
mika
Tripleaxelqueen
Dani-Chan
☆Genie
mimmiz
supportmaoasada
Asada_Rising
let`s talk
appledapple
FigureArtist14
apple4me
babayaga
maosukefan
kawaiimao
BounceAround
mini34ans
josling
Hotaru
dangerous_angel_face
inskate
kazekamihiko
AmazingGraceMao
itsonlykat
europeanfan
kisses
sapphiresky
Abdiel
tinalulu
chiyori
Mao2012
rachmaninoffangel
BowbowDaijin
ballerinamao
minhoudi
Mao_Asada_sunrise
chapis
whiteboots2013
roma
polosatik
aoi88
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
illani
Ken Himura
l-spiralmao
COHK
Iceriver
pearlyriver
linglang
shar
ilovethai
Alokya
Haidogirl
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:25 am

GPF Fukuoka medals look like this:
https://twitter.com/S_SRSK/status/407062439004360704/photo/1/large

They're using a special hand woven textile, "Hakata Ori" for the ribbon attached to the medal.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:21 am

COHK wrote:
GPF Fukuoka medals look like this:
https://twitter.com/S_SRSK/status/407062439004360704/photo/1/large

They're using a special hand woven textile, "Hakata Ori" for the ribbon attached to the medal.
Wow that looks beautiful! IT looks very different to previous years!
Want to see it golden on Mao sunny
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 am

I'm just holding my breath. LOL!

I don't want to make predictions because it will either put my guard down or lose hope. The best we can do is cheer on. I'm excited to hear about her layouts though!
Back to top Go down
minhoudi

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

I looked at the Mao's technical score of her NHK free program. Overall, she gained +6,43 GOE. Judges gave +6,26 GOE for her spins and steps sequence, but only +0,17 for her jumps. I notice that she lost 1,43 for her 3 axel.

What 's the conclusion ? In my opinion, she should improve all her jumps planned and not add a second 3 axel in the FP which requires lots of energy and doesn't pay lots of points.

For the GPF, I hope she will be able to land her 3A both short and free programs, and get credits for them. Thus, she will definitly proove that she deserves to win gold in Sochi.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:19 pm

minhoudi wrote:
I looked at the Mao's technical score of her NHK free program. Overall, she gained +6,43 GOE. Judges gave +6,26 GOE for her spins and steps sequence, but only +0,17 for her jumps.  I notice that she lost 1,43 for her 3 axel.

What 's the conclusion ? In my opinion, she should improve all her jumps planned and not add a second 3 axel in the FP which requires lots of energy and doesn't pay lots of points.

For the GPF, I hope she will be able to land her 3A both short and free programs, and get credits for them.  Thus, she will definitly proove that she deserves to win gold in Sochi.
Yes, I agree with you. Now that it's clear that she's able to score high even with mistakes, I think that she should concentrate on improving the quality of her jumps. I don't want to see Mao struggling again, I want to see Rach skated as cleanly as possible and see her enjoying the program. I think that if she sticks to one layout and masters it, she'll feel more confident as the season progresses and finally will be able to skate a magical FS in Sochi. Confidence is what she needs. Do you see how great Mao's exhibitions are? That's because she is relaxed and actually enjoys being on the ice, and that's a feeling that I don't always get when she's competing.

However, reading to some of you have make me realize that I should have more faith in Mao and her team, so I'm sure they will choose to do what they thing is best.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

COHK wrote:
The news says Dai feels pain in his right shin, and the examination showed bruise in the right shin bone...pls get well soon, Dai!
I feel bad for Dai, but at least Nobu can prove himself here. If he does well, than he's in a very good place for the Sochi ticket. Why do I have a feeling that Taka isn't going to be on the team. Bawling 
You think Dai and Yuzu are clear in the team and the other 3 have to fight? Sad, Lonely
IMO, unless Yuzu and Dai completely bomb at Nats, they're going to Sochi. The fight is going to be for the third spot.

silenceisgolden wrote:
I read a short article about Julia in Asahi Shimbun (newspaper) by the correspondent in Moscow.
In that report Julia says like this:
She looks forward to GPF but thinks that it will be hard for her to beat Mao because it is held in Japan.
Is she serious? Like this is the only reason it will be hard for her to beat Mao. Rolling Eyes  I hope it's just a misunderstanding, but if not, then girl, shut up and improve on all aspects of your skating, so that your score will look like you might of deserved it, instead of being obviously overscored. She of all people should keep quiet on overscoring, because lately, she's been getting it in overload.

And is she seriously implying that due to GPF being held in japan, mao is going to be overscored?  I get a Chan vibe form her, not pleasant at all.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:43 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

silenceisgolden wrote:
I read a short article about Julia in Asahi Shimbun (newspaper) by the correspondent in Moscow.
She looks forward to GPF but thinks that it will be hard for her to beat Mao because it is held in Japan.
Is she serious? Like this is the only reason it will be hard for her to beat Mao. Rolling Eyes  I hope it's just a misunderstanding, but if not, then girl, shut up and improve on all aspects of your skating, so that your score will look like you might of deserved it, instead of being obviously overscored. She of all people should keep quiet on overscoring, because lately, she's been getting it in overload.

And is she seriously implying that due to GPF being held in japan, mao is going to be overscored?  I get a Chan vibe form her, not pleasant at all.
It's official, this girl is completely arrogant and delusional. Does this chick really think that competing in Japan is the reason Mao will beat her. You just came from a competition where you were overscored in the short and still couldn't beat an imperfect Mao short at SA. Girl, STFD and STFU!!!  Rolling Eyes

Between Julia's arrogance and stupidity and the Korean Press living in the Koreanathletesaresogreatanduntouchable delusional bubble, there are too many lunacy going on. Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKeMDywfQ0

Shizuka predicting the winner of GPF ladies'
Basically, she said that although Julia got higher TES (from the FS at SC), she thinks Mao has been quite stable with other elements in her programs, so she's predicting Mao to be the winner.

Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:53 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

Like if I did not already have enough with Yuna and Patrick Escape
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

COHK wrote:
The news says Dai feels pain in his right shin, and the examination showed bruise in the right shin bone...pls get well soon, Dai!
I feel bad for Dai, but at least Nobu can prove himself here. If he does well, than he's in a very good place for the Sochi ticket. Why do I have a feeling that Taka isn't going to be on the team. Bawling 
You think Dai and Yuzu are clear in the team and the other 3 have to fight? Sad, Lonely
IMO, unless Yuzu and Dai completely bomb at Nats, they're going to Sochi. The fight is going to be for the third spot.

silenceisgolden wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, she sounds quite cocky for someone who just recently had quite a meltdown and still received a much higher pcs then her clean skate lol! . But maybe her federation is to blame for hyping her up to this degree. Through the judges did their share in that regard too, all this can lead a person to think they are something they aren't,  in any case her team should teach her how to handle the media and show some modesty, and most importantly to know her place. But on the other hand her honest response to this matter reveals her character and sportsmanship Rolling Eyes Disappointed

Last edited by ballerinamao on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 pm

According to a local morning news program, Mao arrived Fukuoka yesterday. Very Happy 

Nikkei newspaper had an article on Mao today and it said it seems she's planning to include 2 3As in her FS at GPF or Nationals.  Unconscious  I agree with you guys that she needs to nail all jumps cleanly in her current routines, rather than attempting 2 3As.  But she's a 3A girl after all. I hope Mr. Sato will keep holding the reins on it.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm

linglang wrote:
According to a local morning news program, Mao arrived Fukuoka yesterday. Very Happy 

Nikkei newspaper had an article on Mao today and it said it seems she's planning to include 2 3As in her FS at GPF or Nationals.  Unconscious  I agree with you guys that she needs to nail all jumps cleanly in her current routines, rather than attempting 2 3As.  But she's a 3A girl after all. I hope Mr. Sato will keep holding the reins on it.
Why do I get really bad feelings about this?? affraid I really don't want Mao's performance at the Sochi Olympics to be a second version of Midori Ito's performance at the 1992 Olympics where she attempts 2 triple axels but falls on one attempt (losing her the gold medal). I just don't want history to repeat itself.

This GPF is CRUCIAL. Mao has to show the world that right now, she is the leader of the pack. The Russians don't want Julia to just medal in Sochi... they want Julia to win Gold if possible. If Mao can land those 2 3A's like how she does in practice.. like how we know she can, I think by the time Sochi comes... there'll be no doubt in the judges' minds.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm

OH MY GOODNESS. Everyone's comments are making me nervous because of her decision for the 3A's! I actually think she'll play it safe for Grand Prix Final, but she'll risk it in nationals.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
OH MY GOODNESS. Everyone's comments are making me nervous because of her decision for the 3A's! I actually think she'll play it safe for Grand Prix Final, but she'll risk it in nationals.
I also think that if Mao is going to attempt 2 3A's, Nationals would be a better time because she's still likely going to win Nationals if she makes mistakes.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm

But it is really possible Mao will win OGM with only one 3a and no 3-3 if Yuna has a clean program?, I mean we had seen Mao landing 3a and it ratified but let face it, when she got 3-3 ratified?, I don´t think Mao is hoping a miracle about Yuna making mistakes in Sochi
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:41 pm

chapis wrote:
But it is really possible Mao will win OGM with only one 3a and no 3-3 if Yuna has a clean program?, I mean we had seen Mao landing 3a and it ratified but let face it, when she got 3-3 ratified?, I don´t think Mao is hoping a miracle about Yuna making mistakes in Sochi
Hardly anyone's loop is ratified if it's the second triple in 3-3 combo. Mao should go for a 3f-3t, and will be more successful. Heck, she should go for a 3t-3t, it may not have a high points like a 3lz-3t or 3F-3L, but if she's successful with it plus her 3A, it will balance itself out as far as overall scoring. But to go for a second 3A when she hasn't been successful with the first one so far this season is a bit risky.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 pm

chapis wrote:
That's also something I've been wondering about. If Mao is gonna attempt two 3A's, is she still gonna do 8 triples? We have to assume that Yuna is gonna be clean in Sochi.. her layout is just too easy (only 6 triples). However her GOE will be HUGEEEE. We saw the protocols. Mao only got +0.17 for her jumps. Even I think that GOE is rather abysmally low for a top skater of Mao's caliber. The only way Mao will close in on the GOE gap is if she does 8 triples.. all PRISTINE clean.

I know I ain't the only one here who is rooting for Mao to do a 3F-3T combo. Her 3F has become pretty solid and all she needs is to tack a 3T on the end of it.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm

shar wrote:
chapis wrote:
Hardly anyone's loop is ratified if it's the second triple in 3-3 combo. Mao should go for a 3f-3t, and will be more successful. Heck, she should go for a 3t-3t, it may not have a high points like a 3lz-3t or 3F-3L, but if she's successful with it plus her 3A, it will balance itself out as far as overall scoring. But to go for a second 3A when she hasn't been successful with the first one so far this season is a bit risky.
But I guess if we have not seen these combos is because they can not make it, surely she tried it in practice and it simply is not working. And the problem is that she has not time for test, or she does 2 3a or she try 3-3, but she needs to do it now, she has only GPF and nationals before Sochi, we all think she is not going to 4cc

Last edited by chapis on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:49 pm

ilovethai wrote:
chapis wrote:
That's also something I've been wondering about. If Mao is gonna attempt two 3A's, is she still gonna do 8 triples? We have to assume that Yuna is gonna be clean in Sochi.. her layout is just too easy (only 6 triples). However her GOE will be HUGEEEE. We saw the protocols. Mao only got +0.17 for her jumps. Even I think that GOE is rather abysmally low for a top skater of Mao's caliber. The only way Mao will close in on the GOE gap is if she does 8 triples.. all PRISTINE clean.

I know I ain't the only one here who is rooting for Mao to do a 3F-3T combo. Her 3F has become pretty solid and all she needs is to tack a 3T on the end of it.
That's what I was thinking. I feel like Yuna with her GOE's is going to barre a lot of people, sadly. It's because I think it's time for someone else to get gold, you know. At the same time, I want Mao to feel triumphant with all her hard work the past few years.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm

chapis wrote:
shar wrote:
chapis wrote:
But I guess if we have not seen these combos is because they can not make it, surely she tried it in practice and it simply is not working
I doubt it. Mao always go for the hardest jump elements. She never just goes for the easy jump. Do you really think a 3lz is harder for her to do then a 3t? No, she goes for a 3lz because that's the one she's had inconsistency with as far as edge takeoffs. Mao is a perfectionist, thus if you tell she can't do something, she will work hard to accomplish it. This is why I love her, but even I don't want her to take too many risky and lose out on Medaling at the Olympics incase she messes up.

I think she should do like Yuna and better do safe then be sorry, because the judges don't seem to want to reward her risks, more like they want to reward clean skating.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm

ilovethai wrote:
chapis wrote:

I think she is not doing 8 triples if she does 2 3a, you know the 3a-2t replace 3-3.
I know Yuna is winning only because those goe and even more ridiculous pcs but the reality is she is getting it anyway Disappointed , so Mao needs to do something, it is unfair but she has not another choice
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Let's all just send a positive vibe to Mao so she can skate 100% clean, regardless of her final standing at the Olympics. We saw how Mao's face lit up when she did a clean SP at Vancouver in 2010. Let's hope she does it in both SP and LP. Then at least she can ends her long successful career on a high note. We can't predict how the judges will score her against Yuna/Julia, but if Mao is clean, we know she will be satisfied with herself. And that's what really matter to me.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Well Shar, I guess we can´t to be sure if she can do 3f-3t or another 3-3 but if she really can do it and she is only stubborn about 3f-3loop and/or 2 3a I suppose the gold medal is not so important for her like I imagined, and it would calms me

eta. Shar, totally agree in your last post
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm

You guys's discussion makes me so nervous:bawl: Now I realize that I want Mao to skate lights out even more than winning a gold. I want her to nail all her jumps and become the music and deliver 2 performances that people will keep talking about for many years, even if it's not enough to beat Yuna. I don't want another Bell. Worship 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:15 am

Hm, this doesn't make any sense. Didn't she say she wants to be the first woman to land 8 triples? She can't achieve this if she adds a second 3A. Unless she plans her layout to be:
3A-2T
3A
3Lu
3F-3Lo
2A-3T-2T
3S
3F
affraid Unconscious 

I know she is Mao "the superhuman", but can she achieve this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Grand Prix Final 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2013
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next