Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese Nationals 2013

Go down 
+40
symbolicsmile
PochinkoPotanko
ElleluvsL
kisses
Hotaru
Asada_Rising
Czarace
tigster
Tripleaxelqueen
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
kawaiimao
maosukefan
polosatik
Mao2012
illani
AmazingGraceMao
europeanfan
itsonlykat
silenceisgolden
BounceAround
ilovethai
Iceriver
ballerinamao
tianrushui
linglang
sapphiresky
inskate
zarinaballerina
shar
chapis
l-spiralmao
supportmaoasada
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
pearlyriver
Haidogirl
mini34ans
COHK
☆Genie
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Japanese Nationals 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 am

Might as well start this thread early and up!
The men's competition will surely be such a nerve-wracking experience.... here's a preview clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udeb4pBaYmY

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:53 am

☆Genie wrote:
The men's competition will surely be such a nerve-wracking experience.... here's a preview clip:

cheers  new thread for Jpn national.
Following the preview clip posted by ☆Genie, I think these are from the same series:

1. Introducing Jpn new generation female skaters -- Miyahara Satoko & Rika Hongo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTijpkpeDc
2. Miki! and her "Firebird"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0rOR5FxA8
3. Kanako special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Nf8MWRPdk&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:30 am

Akiko Suzuki's story is so touching! Hope she will medal in Sochi. Her gratitude for the coach is really great. Very Happy  I wish that she would present her best performance.  flower 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 12:27 pm

WOW is it only me, or is Kanako becomes more and MORE beautiful? That make up in 1:50  Many Hearts Many Hearts 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
WOW is it only me, or is Kanako becomes more and MORE beautiful? That make up in 1:50  Many Hearts Many Hearts 

She's always been beautiful, but I dislike her makeup  Embarassed .
I like Camerlengo more and more now. So disappointed that Mao never works with him  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:35 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

She's always been beautiful, but I dislike her makeup  Embarassed .
I like Camerlengo more and more now. So disappointed that Mao never works with him  Neutral 

Yes, wasnt Kanako once named in the list of most beautiful athlets?
But her hair is so beautiful too! *wants her hair* cat 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:57 am

I find Kanako quite pretty and very charming, too. I really hope going back to Violin Muse will help her nail the short finally. I want her on the Sochi Team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 am

roma wrote:
I find Kanako quite pretty and very charming, too. I really hope going back to Violin Muse will help her nail the short finally. I want her on the Sochi Team.

Yes, im too! But also Miki!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:31 am

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 am

COHK wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

cheers  new thread for Jpn national.
Following the preview clip posted by ☆Genie, I think these are from the same series:

1. Introducing Jpn new generation female skaters -- Miyahara Satoko & Rika Hongo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTijpkpeDc
2. Miki! and her "Firebird"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0rOR5FxA8
3. Kanako special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Nf8MWRPdk&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Anything on Mao?
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 am

I wonder if there is any livestream for Jap Nationals? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:28 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Anything on Mao?

I thought Mao's special of this series has been broadcasted. However, I couldn't locate the youtube clip now. IIRC, the following clip might be part of it (I think this clip has been posted in the forum somewhere, it's about Lori on the Nocturne):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDgvyDgOdQ#t=59

Then, I'm adding the following clip, which include Shizuka's comments on Mao's performances after GPF (sorry I don't remember if this has been posted in the forum yet or not):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=160j13luDEY
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 am

supportmaoasada wrote:

I just checked, it looks like the ladies' SP will be a delayed broadcast (by Fuji TV), and for ladies' FS, the broadcast will start during the last hr of the competition, so most likely also delayed broadcast. As usual, we probably will be only getting live score updates from sites such as sportsnavi... Fried 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:53 pm

COHK wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:

I just checked, it looks like the ladies' SP will be a delayed broadcast (by Fuji TV), and for ladies' FS, the broadcast will start during the last hr of the competition, so most likely also delayed broadcast. As usual, we probably will be only getting live score updates from sites such as sportsnavi... Fried 

What? No broadcast?  Bawling 
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Is it bad that I'm kind of glad there isn't a broadcast?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Why?, you get very nervous?, Mao already has her ticket to Sochi, she just will try her LP 2 3a, hmmm, ok you are right, it is stressful  Shocked pale.
And I hope a new dress, please Mao, I hate her dress  Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:27 pm

SCHEDULE  ( I guess it is japan time)

Thanks to NMURA from Golden skate forum (I know some people don´t read that forum and we have not the schedule yet)

Dec. 21
15:15-15:45 Ice Dance SD
16:00-16:30 Pairs SP
16:45-20:45 Men SP

Dec. 22
14:20-18:20 Ladies SP
18:35-22:30 Men FS

Dec. 23
14:30-15:10 Ice Dance FD
15:25-15:55 Pairs FS
16:15-20:00 Ladies FS

Dec. 24
17:30-20:30 MOI Gala
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 pm

chapis wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Why?, you get very nervous?, Mao already has her ticket to Sochi, she just will try her LP 2 3a, hmmm, ok you are right, it is stressful  Shocked pale.
And I hope a new dress, please Mao, I hate her dress  Yep, Sadly 

It's a mixture of nerves and the fact that Japan is at about 1am my time, so I go to bed and wake up 15 pages of comments...  pale 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:45 pm

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/five-things-to-watch-japanese-national-championships/

Five Things to Watch: Japanese National Championships
Posted By Aaron Harris on Dec 17, 2013

Quote :

#1 – Mao Asada’s Triple Axel
Mao Asada looks as though this might be her time to win Olympic Gold. If Mao Asada can rotate the triple axel, landed it cleanly, and skate the rest of her programs clean I feel she locks up the Olympic Gold. This jump is so key for her because if she misses it (especially in the short program) it could be devastating for her. I think she is going to cruise to victory in Saitama. I see this more as a dress rehearsal for Sochi and this pivotal jump. No more Grand Prix Final missing it twice…she needs to hit it.

I so agree with Aaron Harris regarding Mao's chance at OGM. And I think Mao will do it!  cheers cheers

Quote :

#2 – The Legit 6
There are legit at least 6 men whom I can see making the Olympic Team for Japan: Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Tatsuki Machida, and Daisuke Murakami. And there are some exciting upstarts I didn’t even mention. This is the craziest and deepest field of men in the world. Consistency will win the day. The three men that can be the most consistent between their short and free will likely be one step closer to a shot at the Olympics.

#3 – Team Experience
Several of the top names competing have been through this pressure cooker of a situation before. Daisuke Takahashi, Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Miki Ando, Mao Asada, and Akiko Suzuki all have and know what this moment entails and takes. These six skaters will have the benefit of past experience to lean against. They’ve been to the Olympics…they’d love to go back.

#4 – Team Opportunity
Satoko Miyahara, Haruka Imai, Kanako Murakami, Tatsuki Machida, Daisuke Murakami, and Yuzuru Hanyu have never been to the Olympics and would love the opportunity to go. Will the chance before them fuel a desire to achieve their dreams? Machida and especially Hanyu have shown they are more than upstarts but true competitors for Olympic medals…if not Olympic Gold! We have to wait and see if the hunger can outweigh the lack of experience in this pressure situation.

#5 – Swan Songs
This is likely the final competitive season for some of the top names going for one more Olympics. Daisuke Takahashi, Mao Asada, and Nobunari Oda have announced this is their final competitive season. One would think Miki and Akiko would be done after this season as well. Olympic spots aside, I hope these skaters do well because they have been beyond brilliant to watch over the last decade. I hope their Japanese Nationals ‘Swan Song’ is a good one to go out on.

The men's competition will have me going  Panic! and Frustrated  Although I want all 6 to make it, realistically the top 3 will more likely be Hanyu, Dai, and Machida.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:10 am

shar wrote:
http://www.theskatinglesson.com/five-things-to-watch-japanese-national-championships/

Quote :

Mao Asada looks as though this might be her time to win Olympic Gold. If Mao Asada can rotate the triple axel, landed it cleanly, and skate the rest of her programs clean I feel she locks up the Olympic Gold. This jump is so key for her because if she misses it (especially in the short program) it could be devastating for her. I think she is going to cruise to victory in Saitama. I see this more as a dress rehearsal for Sochi and this pivotal jump. No more Grand Prix Final missing it twice…she needs to hit it.

I so agree with Aaron Harris regarding Mao's chance at OGM. And I think Mao will do it!  cheers cheers

So do I. And I also agree with him, that Mao MUST start landing clean 3A. Though the 3A at GPF SP was clean (I refuse to accept Amano's and the korean's chick judging), so she already managed to achieve this.

shar wrote:

The men's competition will have me going  Panic! and Frustrated  Although I want all 6 to make it, realistically the top 3 will more likely be Hanyu, Dai, and Machida.

THIS.

Though I wouldn't count Nobu out. He did just win GPF bronze medal. IMO, the third spot will be decided between Nobu and Machida. I'm afraid Taka won't be going to Sochi.  Bawling  Well, at least he'll go to 4CC.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

Quote :

So do I. And I also agree with him, that Mao MUST start landing clean 3A. Though the 3A at GPF SP was clean (I refuse to accept Amano's and the korean's chick judging), so she already managed to achieve this.

shar wrote:

THIS.

Though I wouldn't count Nobu out. He did just win GPF bronze medal. IMO, the third spot will be decided between Nobu and Machida. I'm afraid Taka won't be going to Sochi.  Bawling  Well, at least he'll go to 4CC.

While Nobu got the GPF bronze medal, it came at the expense of Machida's mistakes on his SP. And trust me, he won't make that mistake again. I think he will be more determined than ever to go clean at Nationals, and if he does, Oda will be out.  Depressed Crying 

Unless he pulls out a miraculous turn around, Taka's chances for going to Sochi is over.  Disappointed 

And Mao's 3A at the GPF SP was clean. And the fact that almost 5 points was deducted from it, (when she had less deduction taken off of an errored 3A at SA and NHK) is a travesty. Amano even gave her full credit on her first 3A in her FS before deducting points for the fall. If that's not a blatant proof that they wanted to make sure a certain someone got higher SP score on the same weekend, I don't know what is.

Check this video out for more proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafX6uEYSnM
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 am

shar wrote:

While Nobu got the GPF bronze medal, it came at the expense of Machida's mistakes on his SP. And trust me, he won't make that mistake again. I think he will be more determined than ever to go clean at Nationals, and if he does, Oda will be out.  Depressed Crying 

On the other hand, Tatsuki was clean in the LP while Nobu had 2 visible mistakes and more costly level errors, and Nobunari still came out ahead on TES and PCS (plus, his TES were quite close to Patrick's, who had a clean skate). He also proved he can skate quite well despite leg pain caused by issues with his boots earlier this season (in result, he had to change boots & blades just before GPF, and they weren't properly broken in during the competition).

He has one of the best jump layouts too - thanks to his 3Lz-1L-3S combo he can cram in 2 quads, 7 triples and a 2A. Tatsuki has planned 2 quads & 7 triples (managed 6 triples here), but no 2A. Patrick has a similar layout to Nobunari, but does only one 3A in his LP. Yuzuru has the best layout (2 different quads means he can do 8 triples), but his 4S isn't consistent.

Besides, I think Nobunari was a bit harshly scored this season... He had no reputation due to missing GPF and Worlds last season, and got really tough events this fall, so although his scores were good enough to qualify him to GPF ahead of Maxim and Han, he only qualified as an alternate. Only when he proved himself in the SP, his LP PCS started improving (although it's actually his SP that has more transitions and should score really high in IN due to perfectly placed elements).

That said, I love diva Tatsuki and I'd like to see him at Olympics, too. :(He really improved and skates like a champion.

How do you chose between the 2 time GP event winner, and a GPF medalist?  Bawling There should be some sort of a wildcard for the skaters who made the GPF or medalled there...  Frustrated

BTW, I just chuckled at the fact that all the top 4 at GPF had better LP scores than the last Olympic champion, and that's with the Olympic inflation and CoP changes (lowered GoE factoring on triples and doubles, changes to spin/step levels, etc.).  WOW!  The level of men skating has really went up since Vancouver...  Happy dance
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 7:37 am

shar wrote:

I was starting to over it and you come with this video, thank you Shar  Evil or Very Mad , now I will be angry all day  Mad Very Mad , joke, but seriously if I am angry I can´t imagine how Mao is feeling. The Tech spec. was japanese in Japan, if he is not doing her any favour at least he should to be fair in his judgment.  I hope this motivate to Mao to do it better and don´t be so negative like me  Razz

Yes inskate, Nobu was underscored this season, mainly in NHK.

The japanese federation is a big joke
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 10:20 am

shar wrote:

Unless he pulls out a miraculous turn around, Taka's chances for going to Sochi is over.  Disappointed 

And Mao's 3A at the GPF SP was clean. And the fact that almost 5 points was deducted from it, (when she had less deduction taken off of an errored 3A at SA and NHK) is a travesty. Amano even gave her full credit on her first 3A in her FS before deducting points for the fall. If that's not a blatant proof that they wanted to make sure a certain someone got higher SP score on the same weekend, I don't know what is.

True, however like inskate already mentioned, despite Nobu making costly mistakes in LP, he still beat Machida in the LP segment. IMO, only Yuzu is a certain lock for Sochi team, maybe Dai as well to some extent, others will have to fight like hell for it, and this brings a lot of pressure. So I wouldn't bet on error free Machida just yet, IMO.

Of course these two morons (pardon my language) lowballed Mao, we all knew this is going to happen the moment we saw who's on the panel.  Very Mad  However, I don't get why. Everyone knows, that you can't compare scores between an ISU and B international competition, since scoring at B internationals is always very generous, so their screwing was for nothing. Now if two ISU GP ompetitions were at the same time and Yuna competed at one of them, then I'd understand why they did it.

If these two geniouses thought of messing with Mao's head by unjustly UR her 3A, again it didn't work. This is Amano, he was screwing up Mao since the get go, so she's used to it by now.
Again thank you to those who decided that USA, KOR, JPN and ITA can't be on the tech panel in Sochi.  Worship Worship Worship 

And thank you very much Amano, for ruining this perfect SP for me. Very Mad  Frustrated  She is so exquisite, but I honestly can't enjoy watching it, because I know what kind of a score is coming. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:53 am

Does the JSF really have nobody else other than Amano to be a technical specialist/controller?
Like, you'd expect the JSF to at least have ONE more person other than Amano to judge....

& who are the judges for the events in the olympics? It'll be horrific if Amano gets chosen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2013   Japanese Nationals 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2013
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next