Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)

Go down 
+16
ilovethai
sapphiresky
Afsfan
polosatik
Alokya
josling
linglang
shar
ballerinamao
Iceriver
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
let`s talk
pearlyriver
chapis
zarinaballerina
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:17 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Adelina did a great job too, but after seeing the two others, I was a bit surprised that she was in the lead, but then again it's just barely. Her program fits her very well, very adelinalike was the first thought that came to my mind when saw the opening pose.
looking forward to the free skate  Smile

Well, Adelina's jumps are huge, Julia's are tiny without any flow. IMO, julia was generously scored in PCS, I would've put her in the 29 range. Her SS aren't good enough for 31+, IMO.

Julia's fans have nothing to worry about though. I'm afraid that Adelina will implode tomorrow, while Julia will be her usual self, and will deliver her program mistakes free.  Yep, Sadly  I hope Adelina will prove me wrong. Worship

Julia isn't prone to imploding, but she has to keep herself focused, and I think each skater's teams will help with that.

I do love the spring in Ms. Sotnikova's jumps. With a bit more polish in the entrance and landing, I think I can sit back and enjoy her skating. Morozombie has once described Adelina's skating to be 'antiseptic'. She has her own eccentric style that has it's own charm. It's not aiming for elegance, but more of... personality. I'm leaning to liking it because it's what Adelina is, and I'd rather she find her own skating style rather than try on a glove that doesn't fit her. But Adelina's consistency could be a problem. I really hope she'll bring it in the FS!

Happy for Javi!! He went clean with good GOE, but received a level 3 on a spin and step sequence. 91.56 = 48.54,TES + 43.02,PCS.
Sergei VORONOV is in second, 85.51 = 46.47,TES + 39.04,PCS.
Tomas VERNER in third. I think he messed up his 4T (-3.00 GOE). 83.51 = 42.80,TES + 40.71,PCS.
Maxim KOVTUN in fourth. Doubled his 4T and level 3 on StSq but level 4's on all spins. 83.15 = 41.79,TES + 41.36,PCS.

Michal BREZINA didn't receive any GOE for his 4S+2T. A unanimous zero from all the judges.
AMODIO in 7th, and JOUBERT in 9th.

I don't know if anybody has posted this yet. Protocols as of the time of this post:

Men's SP: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Men_SP_Scores.pdf
Ladies' SP: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Ice Dance SD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf
Ice Dance FD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Thanks for the clips.  I just watched top three single ladies. Great job!  cheers 
If I were a judge I'd give Caro an edge over Adelina though, I loved all those three performances.
I'm happy Adelina nailed her jumps.  At GPF in Fukuoka, her jumps looked more wonky, especially the landing looked insecure probably because of landing posture (?) in SP.  I'm happy to see her improvement.  It's great improvements especially comparing to the days when she was struggling with jumps a few seasons back due to growth spurt. I really hope she will nail jumps in FS. I'm also looking forward to seeing Caro's Bolero.

I'll be keep my figures crossed for Kovtun.  Well he has much room to improve in both skating and jump qualities, but I don't want to see a young skater being deprived of a big chance by a legendary skater in spite of the fact that he defeated the legend at nationals.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 am

[quote="Abdiel"]
Julia isn't prone to imploding, but she has to keep herself focused, and I think each skater's teams will help with that.[7quote]

I know, it's why I think she'll beat Adelina. Adelina hasn't skated a clean LP yet.
IMO, I think what happened at CoR, was a great learning experience for Julia, and she has learned from it so I don't see a repeat of it, here.
Though I do hope Adelina will win it.  cheers 

linglang wrote:

I'll be keep my figures crossed for Kovtun.  Well he has much room to improve in both skating and jump qualities, but I don't want to see a young skater being deprived of a big chance by a legendary skater in spite of the fact that he defeated the legend at nationals.

What's the deal with Kovtun, does anyone know? How high does he have to place at Europeans to be sent to Sochi? I thought he and Plushy will have a skate off closed to public.  scratch 

This really makes me angry. Kovtun has beaten Plushy by not a 1 point but by many, and here Plushy is demanding a Sochi ticket like it's his right.  Disappointed  He had a chance to compete in Budapest, and have a skate off with Kovtun to decide who goes, but he "chickened out". Though Kovtun is no angel either, he seems to be kind of arrogant, proclaiming himself to be on a Russian Olympic team, though he might of done this, to figuratively slap Plushy's face, after everything Plushy has said.  
This is one giant mess. I wonder what will happen if Plushy does get send and then implodes.  scratch  He is a legend, but his body is barely holding up, and this Olympics are at home, so the pressure will be huge.

Back to Euros: I hope Javi will have an awesome LP and win !  Confetti  Does anyone know if he changed his LP back to Chaplin? I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Abdiel wrote:

Julia isn't prone to imploding, but she has to keep herself focused, and I think each skater's teams will help with that.

I know, it's why I think she'll beat Adelina. Adelina hasn't skated a clean LP yet.
IMO, I think what happened at CoR, was a great learning experience for Julia, and she has learned from it so I don't see a repeat of it, here.
Though I do hope Adelina will win it.  cheers 

Which is why participating in senior international competitions is an important experience factor for any young skater who is a newbie on the senior level.  Yep! 

I hope Adelina will win too.  Good luck!  But may the best skater get the gold medal!  Cheering 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 am

Abdiel wrote:

Which is why participating in senior international competitions is an important experience factor for any young skater who is a newbie on the senior level.  Yep! 

I hope Adelina will win too.  Good luck!  But may the best skater get the gold medal!  Cheering 

ITA with your whole post. This is why I'm very interested to see how Polina will fair among all the seniors in Sochi.

I hope judging will be fair tonight. I want the rightful winner to win, not the judges' pet. Though something tells me that Caro has been dropped in favour of the Russians.

Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:51 am

A Yuna-bot on GS is slamming Lori Nichol for stealing Yuna's choreo of her "Imagine" for Caro's "Ava Maria"  scratch 

Kirk wrote:
:

Shame on you, Lori Nichol. You have no moral as a professional and skaters that come to you deserve much better. How will you do your job when Yuna retires? At least admit that she and David Wilson are your inspiration. That Ave Maria is a shameless blend of Yuna's Imagine program. SHAME ON YOU LORI NICHOL. "

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:57 am

^Didn't you know that Yuna bots believe that no one should do any poses that the queen has done in her programs? Rolling Eyes  I'm surprised they didn't copyrighted them for her, or maybe they tried but discovered that it's not possible.

They also complained about Mao and her ending pose in Chopin SP. Funny though, Mao is known for doing twizzles in her step seq Yuna is doing them in her SP as well, so by their logic she stole part of Mao's choreography, yet none of them even mentioned it. I fully expect though, that next time they'll acuse Mao of stealing Yuna's step sequence. Honestly, Yuna bots need to get a life.

Back to Euros: Savchenko messed up throw triple flip, so they only got 76.76 I fully expect the judges to overscore V/T to a 8-9 point lead.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
^Didn't you know that Yuna bots believe that no one should do any poses that the queen has done in her programs? Rolling Eyes  I'm surprised they didn't copyrighted them for her, or maybe they tried but discovered that it's not possible.

They also complained about Mao and her ending pose in Chopin SP. Funny though, Mao is known for doing twizzles in her step seq Yuna is doing them in her SP as well, so by their logic she stole part of Mao's choreography, yet none of them even mentioned it. I fully expect though, that  next time they'll acuse Mao of stealing Yuna's step sequence. Honestly, Yuna bots need to get a life.

Back to Euros: Savchenko messed up throw triple flip, so they only got 76.76 I fully expect the judges to overscore V/T to a 8-9 point lead.

lol!  It really looks like so.  It looks they have totally different understanding on copyrights and originality in her country. They look very serious as if she has copyrights for some movements, such as camel spin which is called Yuna camel or something like that in her country.  Also believe it or not, the Korean media bashed Mao for stealing the way of bowing from Yuna back in 2010 or 2011. LOL.  One day they may start claiming that figure skating was invented in Korea and made popular thanks to Yuna Kim.  ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:05 am

Oh man, sport2 isn't showing skating until an hour later from the actual start. Depressed Crying  I was so looking forward to see the first group, especially that spanish girl (I've forgotten her name). She was so cute yesterday. Emotional because she did well in SP.  Wub 
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:47 am

German television is offering a very good livestream this year and they will start with the ladies in about 15min. I will post the link then!

They showed the Pairs SP too and while ice resurfacing before that last group went the ice Ingo Steuer came to the studio and said a lot of interesting things:

- Aljona is injured and is in serious back and shoulder pain since last week
- in addition to the injury she has a bronchitis since last night and Ingo was sure they couldn't skate today but Aljona fought through that (Ingo often repeated: "She's such a fighter! She will do this!")
- they commentated the replay of the Th3F of S/S and Ingo said: "Ah, Robin went up too early that's why Aljona was out of axis (can you say that in English?). They was for Aljona no chance to land that clean!"
- They probably won't be a Th3A in FS on sunday due to Aljona's condition
- But they're planning the 3A in Sochi, if not in the SP, at least in the FS as last element
- Ingo admitted that V/T have a better SP this year!! He said: "It's just the better program! Our SP is very nice and beautiful but at their SP it all comes together. If we're both clean in SP there is no chance for us to be in front!
- "Our advantage is the FS. They have the better SP, we have the better FS and we will fight for every point in that to make up the points" (I think he is talking of Euros AND Olympics here!)
- He said that V/T are a perfect pair just like Aljona & Robin, they have amazing throws, good lifts, ok SBS jumps etc.! The only difference between them are the emotions while skating. Aljona is giving her all to the program, the audience etc while Tania is a bit reserved and cold (I think he spotted that perfectly, exactly my opinion!!)
- He also said that the ice in Budapest is not the best and that the organizers have problems with it because the lights which are there for TV broadcast are too warm, so the ice is melting. That's why we saw so much mistakes in the Pairs SP ... (How stupid can someone be!?!?!? Warm lamps...  No  Too sweet! )
- Ingo is not sure which costume Robin will wear in Sochi, he likes both

I think I forgot a lot of things here, maybe I will add some bits later.
And sorry for all typos or bad english, I'm in a hurry cause I wanted to finish before the ladies start! :p
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:04 am

I hope they have this stream for the Olympics! It is FANTASTIC!

Also, it's hilarious how much German I can understand...
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:11 am

Alokya wrote:
I hope they have this stream for the Olympics! It is FANTASTIC!

Also, it's hilarious how much German I can understand...

Wait, you're understanding some German, Alokya?!?  Very Happy 
But I think they'll have that stream for Olympics too... We'll see! Smile
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:44 am

josling wrote:
Ladies live stream!!
http://www.sportschau.de/av/videostreamlivestreameiskunstlaufeminbudapest102.html

I forgot to say THANK YOU! Daisies for you   I went back to sport2 because the sound and the picture kept dying for some reason. Bawling  I loved the quality otherwise, and I really like the commentator and having Sarah Hecken giving her input was also nice. Luckily, I understand german very well. Very Happy 

Hopefully this link won't be geoblocked during Oly's, even if it is, since Slovenian TV has ARD, though not ARD sport, it will hopefully work regardless of any blocking.  Worship  And whatever is wrong with my link, that it keeps dying,it will hopefully be fixed by then.  Yep! Too sweet! 

I heard about the problems with ice. IMO, the organizers didn't think some things through. If things will continue this way, the ladies will be a complete spletfest.  Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 am

josling wrote:
Ladies live stream!!
http://www.sportschau.de/av/videostreamlivestreameiskunstlaufeminbudapest102.html

awesome livestream thanks alot cheers 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 pm

What's the deal with Elene Gedevanishvilli, here on Eurosport it says her coaches are Brian Orser and Ghislaine something. I thought she left Brian and went back to US?  scratch confused 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
What's the deal with Elene Gedevanishvilli, here on Eurosport it says her coaches are Brian Orser and Ghislaine something. I thought she left Brian and went back to US?  scratch confused 

I loved elene's dress  Love  
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Come on Adelina!  cheers  Bring the house down! Boogie

Oh boy, she looks nervous.  pale 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Come on Adelina!  cheers  Bring the house down! Boogie

Oh boy, she looks nervous.  pale 

and she did, solid performance from Adelina game is on!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Holy cow, Adelina is sooo thin. affraid  WTH happened?!

Holy...Shocked  202.36!
The pressure is on.

Um, what is Leonova wearing...
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Holy cow, Adelina is sooo thin. affraid  WTH happened?!

Holy...Shocked  202.36!
The pressure is on.

Um, what is Leonova wearing...

Do the scores from this event count? Or are they like Nationals?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Adelina's PCS is 69.60. I mean...seriously?! That's higher than Mao's!  Suspect What did I miss. confused

@ shar, scores from GP's, GPF, Euros, 4CC, worlds and WTT count.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Adelina's PCS is 69.60. I mean...seriously?! That's higher than Mao's!  Suspect What did I miss. confused

Thank you! 
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:18 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Not actually, Mao had 70 at NHK,but now it's clear who will win the bronze or even silver if Mao or Yuna won't skate clean.  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 pm

I really don't like this Bolero choreography. It looks a bit tacky. Her jump setups  take forever. She really needs to work on this.

polosatik wrote:
Not actually, Mao had 70 at NHK,but now it's clear who will win the bronze or even silver if Mao or Yuna won't skate clean  Suspect 

How the heck could I've forgotten this?!  Embarassed  Man, Mao better get at least 73 in Sochi for her gorgeous Rachmaninov.

Caro TES 52.40, PCS 71.02
I know why they had to give her such a high PCS after giving Adelina 69+, but almost a 20 piont difference? I'm getting shades of Patty Chan here.

So I guess we can say it's been official the moment Adelina's score appeared. She's won this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next