Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

Go down 
+53
let`s talk
linglang
silenceisgolden
COHK
l-spiralmao
Iceriver
Samurai Mao
koala_lover
maowataiyo
Tripleaxelqueen
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
bebece
WowMao
Haidogirl
girlgirllo
kawaiimao
bibi
Toru
illani
p351
BowbowDaijin
minhoudi
kisses
whiteboots2013
Rose
W0rldTrav3l3r
Aero
roma
beautifulmao
Abdiel
sweetdream
Otchoto de mus :3
MyMao
Lady_in_black
emory903
ilovethai
aoi88
Batsuchan
sapphiresky
maofan93
itsonlykat
BounceAround
mini34ans
breynows
chapis
polosatik
nita
Mao_Asada_sunrise
inskate
shar
pearlyriver
klarification
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 6:39 am

First pics from the show are starting to show up!

Following this search engine link: http://news.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=top_ga1_sa&ei=UTF-8&p=%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE
you'll get some links to webpages with news and photos.

Mao already skated "Benedictus" with Caro and Joannie. The program is about the sadness of war and the importance of peace. sunny
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 8:10 am

Long time no see everyone!!
I'm SOO Excited Mao is coming back. Most importantly, in her recent interviews, she looks so happy to be on the ice, and I'm glad to see that smile!
Hopefully I can go to World's this year to see her- Boston is much closer compared to where it's been before!

Thanks for the updates from the ICE inskate! Following your links I found this update with more pics
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150722-00010001-yjnews-spo.view-006

I love the benedictus costume. I'm wondering if the Puttin on the Ritz one is a bit too warm for Mao- she looks quite sweaty at the end haha, perhaps they need to take off some of the material. It's a cute one though!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:20 am

sapphiresky wrote:

I love the benedictus costume. I'm wondering if the Puttin on the Ritz one is a bit too warm for Mao- she looks quite sweaty at the end haha, perhaps they need to take off some of the material. It's a cute one though!

The Benedictus costumes were prefect! Mao's Ritz costume is not bad when you're watching from the stands but I hope they change the coat as I think it makes it a bit difficult to jump. She might have looked a lil sweaty coz the Ice Arena was quite warm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 pm

roma wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:

The Benedictus costumes were prefect! Mao's Ritz costume is not bad when you're watching from the stands but I hope they change the coat as I think it makes it a bit difficult to jump. She might have looked a lil sweaty coz the Ice Arena was quite warm.

I think Mao's Ritz costume is charming and the program itself looks to be full of infectious energy, but I also think the thick coat and pants must make it more difficult to jump. However, in this short video clip Mao's jumps in Putting on the Ritz looked really good even with the heavy clothing : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yy3yu_7-23-the-ice%E6%9C%AD%E5%B9%8C-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE-oha-%E9%96%A2%E8%A5%BF%E3%82%8D_sport
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:10 am

Here is part 1 and 2 of The Ice. I first saw that it was posted by mikaboo at goldenskate

Part I: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z6tqc_2015-%E9%96%A2%E6%9D%B1%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E2%91%A0_sport

Part II: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z6udw_2015%E9%96%A2%E6%9D%B1%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%AB%E2%91%A1_sport

Benedictus was really beautiful with some wonderful spirals and nice synchronized jumps with Mao landing a really big 3 T. I really like the charm, expressions, gestures and steps in Mao's exhibition with the most unusual and beautiful fan spiral with a cane I have ever seen. I heard that Mao skated her exhibition clean in the first show landing a 2A, 3T, and 3Loop I think). But, here in the 2nd show she had a little trouble with the 3T and 3Loop ( I think). But, I heard that Mao was also clean in her first Osaka show so it sounds like she was just getting used to the outfit. Por Una Cabeza is great too with so many great romantic dance moves. I can see why it is the favorite program of so many. I think it is the exact same outfit she wore 7 years ago even the same size because it was smaller on her. Mao's power and skating skills are really impressive and she was so expressive. Puttin on the Ritz makes me imagine Mao starring in a comic jazz musical.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting the links WowMao

I'm so happy to be able to see the vids finally!!
I think it was just so exciting to see Mao skate again!!

Putting the on Ritz is a really fun piece- I enjoyed it more than I thought I would- there's more choreo than I expected. I was thinking it was gonna be too similar to Lori's previous I've got rhythm etc., but this one was quite fun.

Benedictus was gorgeous, breathtaking, and so inspiring. It was really beautiful- I think this is one of Lori's best. They should put this into the Olympic opening/closing ceremonies or something. It's really rare to have 3 accomplished skaters from 3 different continents come together and skate such a beautiful piece with a meaningful message.

Por Una Cabeza! Loved it!!! I loved Mao and Jeff's step sequence from the opposite ends of the rinks. And I was so happy to see Mao's donut spin again! It's been a while!!

Waiting for the Youtube The Ice vids!!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 am

I was quite surprised Jupiter wasn't on the list because it is ranked #1 for me...
Por Una with Jeff was really good but I sorta want a MaoSuke tango. Dai... when are you coming back?! Can you please skate a fierce tango with Mao?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 am

Your welcome sapphiresky.

figureskateobasan posted this at goldenskate forum:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38067-Mao-Asada/page114 post number 1708

From last night interview, Mao said she might stay as long as 4 years (I assume until Olympics) until she reaches her goal.
She mention something like "I only live once and (within my life) my skating period won't be too long. I've come to understand that since I am able to skate like this now, I can't just stop right here. If it's only for another 3-4 years, I'll do it until I feel satisfied."

She also said that her feeling right now is really calm, totally different compare to herself before where she feels training as an obligation.

Every Mao's fans in Japan has start planning on their "mao-savings" after they heard this interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mao: post-Sochi news and articles - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34