Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2014

Go down 
+43
silenceisgolden
ElleluvsL
polosatik
europeanfan
W0rldTrav3l3r
kazekamihiko
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
MyMao
Batsuchan
Tripleaxelqueen
sapphiresky
Lelya
Lady_in_black
Afsfan
rachmaninoffangel
tigster
Hotaru
Haidogirl
breynows
Samurai Mao
FigureArtist14
itsonlykat
Mao_Asada_sunrise
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Otchoto de mus :3
chapis
illani
zarinaballerina
klarification
BounceAround
Iceriver
sweetdream
l-spiralmao
ballerinamao
shar
roma
emory903
linglang
COHK
let`s talk
jimmyshum_999
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

shar wrote:

Figure Skating Goddess! Because unlike the queen (who is stuck doing only 4 kinds of triples, has a weak spirals, footworks, lack of flexabilty) Mao continues to grow and improves in every aspect of FS, thus making her ability to achieve to be the best, limitless.

We've already seen the best of what the"queen" can do,  but Mao is already achieving twice that. And she's still capable of so much more.

Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! 

Now if only we could somehow make the judges see this as well... Frustrated 

I trully think Goddess is the right term for her. I don't want to sound like a "Mao worshiper", but if Yuna has been called "queen" by everyone in skating community, then the goddess is the only befiting title for Mao, IMO.
They both have their strength and weaknesses, but like you said, Mao has so much more in her to show us, while Yuna has been doing the same old same old for the past 5 years.

This is why the selfish part of me doesn't want to see her retire. Her jumps are just only coming together, her SS have improved so much, her artistry as well and still she can be better. It's scary when you think of it.

Ultimately it's her decision (hopefully JSF will leave her alone) and I will support her no matter what she decides but it would be really interesting to see what she could do, if she were to take Caro's approach and really focus on artistic side of skating. With her jump arsenal, she would be beyond amazing, IMO. Not that she isn't already.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 pm

I finally managed to watch all the videos and the entirety of the gala.

First of all, I am very happy for Mao. She gave us 3 memorable performances in a row, performances that could be argued as one of the bests in her career. I do not understand the stinginess of the judges regarding her marks though. The 3A call was just wrong, it definitely looked under 1/4 . Good news here is that at least this time no one in the right state of mind can claim that Mao was gifted. She had to earn and fight for those scores. Anybody overtaking her here would have been more of a shock than what happened at Sochi.  I even suspect that they kept on cutting her technical content to give Yulia a chance.

Speaking of the Russian 'genius', Yulia managed to secure silver for her first Worlds. She's not a skater I like, but lately I have grown appreciative of her skills. The Eurosport commentators mentioned that her programs were tailored-fit for her because they presented her as vulnerable and childlike. This packaging works now, but will the judges buy the same old 'angsty teen' image in the next few seasons? At least her jumps are looking bigger.

Last but not the least, hats off to Carolina! It wasn't easy to skate again in top form after giving it her all in Sochi. Her Ave Maria was divine, but her Bolero... Well, let's just say that if it were up to me,  I wouldn't have given her anything above 120. The PCS makes me want to scratch.

The other skaters were also phenomenal, especially Anna and Ashley. Akiko was such a revelation, and I feel so privileged to watch her skate her final performance in a home crowd. So Youn, meanwhile, is a skater I want to keep my eyes on. She didn't get any UR or DGs last time I checked protocol and if she gets the polish of the top female skaters, she can be a worthy successor to Yuna's throne.  I commend Gracie too, just because I saw some fight in her this time. If she can land those 2As, keep her cool under pressure and be more emotionally invested in her program, a future title will not sound impossible.

My heart breaks for Kanako though. She was hammered so much in the tech that if you saw her marks on paper first, you would be led to believe that she had a REALLY BAD SKATE. I am glad she is not retiring yet, but I do hope she gets a new coach. No offense to fans of Yamada Machiko, but her students don't grow to develop the best of techniques IMO.

To wrap this up, I would love to give TWO THUMBS up to the wonderful Japanese crowd in Saitama. I don't know how to really describe them, but the words 'fuzzy' and 'heartwarming' first came to mind. Everybody looked happy and I think most people would agree that everyone in the podium deserved to be there one way or another.

Who said that holding Worlds after the Olympics is a waste of time?  lol! 

(Really, really random but thank you Yuzuru for 'showcasing' Mao in the center during the opening of the gala. You may be FS's newly crowned young king, but you sure know how to pay homage to a legend!)  
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

MaoRussianFan wrote:
ohh! It's me in this video with many photos in my phone))) We made this record last week in Moscow. It was great! Thank you guys for these posters that Asya (Polosatik) gave me!!)

Oh wow, that was you? Thank you very much for sharing the Mao love and showing the banner!  The announcers looked surprised when the photos were shown: "Mao, Mao, and more... Mao!"

Iceriver wrote:
shar wrote:

Figure Skating Goddess! Because unlike the queen (who is stuck doing only 4 kinds of triples, has a weak spirals, footworks, lack of flexabilty) Mao continues to grow and improves in every aspect of FS, thus making her ability to achieve to be the best, limitless.

We've already seen the best of what the"queen" can do,  but Mao is already achieving twice that. And she's still capable of so much more.

Exactly!  Wink

And this is why, despite being a big Yuna fan, in recent years I've always been more excited to see Mao's performances. Being a Mao fan is not easy because you (sometimes) have to suffer a lot for her but on the bright side there is always that kind of excitement you don't get with other skaters...what she's gonna try? Is she going to add something different? what's her next goal? I feel sorry for those who do not appreciate Mao and cannot experience all these emotions  sunny

Thanks for loving Mao even if you're also a fan of Yuna. It's hard to like them equally (I'm not gonna hide that I most definitely prefer Mao), but at the end of the day I hope people realize that they are both figure skating legends in their own right.

ballerinamao wrote:
Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Did the commentator just call Mao the QUEEN at 0:12? I'm used to people calling Yu-na this title. I wish there was a title for Mao aside from triple axel queen! She's more than the triple axel! I always wonder how Yu-na's nickname of "queen" got around.

You guys, we need to start spreading an amazing nickname for Mao, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8vp-2X2rM

I have some ideas

Emperess of figure skating
Musicality on ice
 lol! 

It will be fun to come up with one

Mighty Mao, with all her extraordinary accomplishment it fits her well

I don't really want to give Mao a title, because being Mao Asada is already a title. However, if I had to choose:

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Tumblr10

What about Super MAOrio?  Wink
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Cute!  cheers 

Goddess Mao is my favorite though.
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:39 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Cute!  cheers 

Godess Mao is a little bit too much I think, I dont think it will be reusued by the media and the commentators and will make Mao's fans look like our judgement is biased and extreme.
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:00 pm

exhibition practice news and some footage of the quad competition post gala tradition
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kv2kx_140331-sp-news_sport
cute photo-op of the three sisters and the flower girls
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Cute!  cheers 

Godess Mao is a little bit too much I think, I dont think it will be reusued by the media and the commentators and will make Mao's fans look like our judgement is biased and extreme.  

Picking only one name for Mao is too difficult cause she is so much more than just one thing

Queen is used for Yuna because she got the Olympic gold

However, Mao's journey is so much more than just an olympic medal, the ups and the downs, the disappointments and the triumphs, all done with grace and humility - one word is never going to be enough
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm

emory903 wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:
Cute!  cheers 

Picking only one name for Mao is too difficult cause she is so much more than just one thing

Queen is used for Yuna because she got the Olympic gold

However, Mao's journey is so much more than just an olympic medal, the ups and the downs, the disappointments and the triumphs, all done with grace and humility - one word is never going to be enough

Couldn't agree more  Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BkGbPVQCcAAo2nv

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BkCGgf6IUAAL-yE

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BjuzT0xCUAAVSNA

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BjpDWTRCAAAdfbc
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 pm

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BjnuKfMCMAEfb0i

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BkGhXUyCEAARhkj

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 BkGYWzZCcAAgKFZ
Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Thank you for beautiful pictures, shar. Such beautiful relaxed smile on Mao & Akiko! Swoon 

shar wrote:

I completely agree 100% with this, because for me, Mao's skating transcended figure skating. For me she is like Angel. She showed me through her skating about joy, wonderment, heartbreak, beauty, struggle, courage, inspiration, disappointment, respect, perseverance, strenght and optimism. It is her skating only that can reach the sky and heavens. She has limitless potential for growth and magic she can tap into because most of all she is humble. She is never satisfied with her skating and is critical of herself, what can I improve? How I can improve? When she think her jump technique not good she reworks in front of everyone. I think how hard that might be when you show in front of world, her fans, when things are not going well. She didn't take season off because she think that experience will help her in long run. She didn't skip her national championships because she respect other competitors and understand everything has to be earned. She think how can I express myself better? She go watch ballet and broadyway. She take ballet lessons.

And humble is what "queen" Yuna is not and will never be. Yuna was not critical of herself. She always more critical of others. She became parody of herself. What did she improve over the past four years? Her fans so quick to say she never finished off podium. Yes, that is quite good but she also never take risks, skip a few seasons, and lower her jump content. She did not push figure skating. So queen is perfect title for Yuna because she did not improve as athlete or artist, she just skated on surface for titles. She just strategize to work very subjective chess game- a strong sp skater in beginning to hold off win and later on a skater who does less triple jumps than junior skaters.

Mao skated for content. Mao showed more ups and downs than Yuna, yes. But she also challenged herself and figure skating. Which is better depends on your philosophy. But Mao evolved. Yuna regressed. Mao exhibited growth and displayed her resilience. The queen skated for herself, Mao skated for the love of figure skating. And the Mao Asadas' in figure skating will push the sport, not the pretentious queen Yawnas'.

I'm not sure if I want Mao to continue competitive figure skating because I agree with other posters that IOC is not appreciative of Mao's pure skating and I can't believe the JSF take half of Mao's money! I only learned when I catch up on everybody's comments. That is like taking advantage of her and her popularity! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Mao! I didn't think I'd spark so many responses. LOL!

I like Goddess Mao, but I also think that is a bit too much. Therefore, I choose Empress Mao, but I don't want her to get in trouble with the actual royal family. LOL! Any more ideas?
Back to top Go down
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Congrats Mao's third world title!  cheers  Forum members kindly offered live stream during her competitions, but I cannot watch live stream due to my nervousness. When Mao is in competition, I sense my feelings are being shaken as if riding in a roller-coaster. I even feel stomach-ache and shiver. Embarassed Fried Instead, I just read people's comments in this forum during live and then find videos after competitions.

I thank her for two beautiful programs. Yuna Bots seem to be so nervous in fear of Mao's establishing new world record. They are so mean! They resumed libeling Mao again.  Disappointed 

I feel that judges did not appreciate Mao's triple axel and tech judges's focus only lie in finding any underrotaions as much as possible. I personally hope Mao would continue her competitive career, but cannot but ask if she needs to continue skating despite such pooer treatment by judges. Whatever choice she makes, I respect it and want to give her blessing. Thank You, Mao. flower Cloud 9 Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Rose wrote:
Mao skated for content. Mao showed more ups and downs than Yuna, yes. But she also challenged herself and figure skating. Which is better depends on your philosophy. But Mao evolved. Yuna regressed. Mao exhibited growth and displayed her resilience. The queen skated for herself, Mao skated for the love of figure skating. And the Mao Asadas' in figure skating will push the sport, not the pretentious queen Yawnas'.

I agree with this.

However, I would not be quick to downplay Yuna and her achievements. She pushed the sport in her own way, and will always be remembered as one of the greats. I think it's sad that she had to force herself to compete one last time in an overly hostile crowd because of her federation. She was probably not 100% committed, but she had to do what she had to do right?  Yep, Sadly 

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I like Goddess Mao, but I also think that is a bit too much. Therefore, I choose  Empress Mao, but I don't want her to get in trouble with the actual royal family. LOL! Any more ideas?

Actually, I am studying a little bit of kanji and Mao's name is interesting by itself. Take a look:

浅田 真央

- Ma
Readings:
シン  shin
ま  ma
まこと  makoto
Meaning:
true, reality, purity

- Ou
Reading:
オウ  ou
Meaning:
center, middle

If we combine them, it can mean true center. Does this mean center of attention? Center of the podium? Perhaps our members who are fluent in Japanese can enlighten us?  Laugh Mao was actually named after Mao Daichi, so I'm reading too much into this but you've gotta admit that the coincidence is scary!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

I like Goddess Mao, but I also think that is a bit too much. Therefore, I choose  Empress Mao, but I don't want her to get in trouble with the actual royal family. LOL! Any more ideas?

The term I used was Mao, figure skating (FS) goddess, not Goddess Mao!
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 am

shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

The term I used was Mao, figure skating (FS) goddess, not Goddess Mao!

Somebody else mentioned Goddess Mao also. Also, I think the meaning of Mao is great, and yes "Mao Asada" itself is groundbreaking to anyone's ears. It's just that it would be nice if Mao did have a nickname that even commentators would say a lot. I always hear commentators say Queen Yu-na, so I'm like, "Aw Mao!"

From reading the other posts, I've seen:

Goddess Mao
Figure Skating Goddess
Empress Mao
Princess Mao
Mighty Mao
Super Maorio (This one is adorable! I'm biased towards Princess Peach though. LOL!)

Did I forget anything else?
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 am

emory903 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMB-i55qez4
It's the 30 minute Mao special that fuji tv aired after the gala
roma - I think its the same thing that you posted in the post-sochi thread but longer

Seems like it focus a lot on whether she will retire or not, not that I understand a word hahahaha

Love Mao shouting gambatte to kanako during the short program before kanako skated  
Love Akiko staying rinkside to watch Mao's 3A before going in to do interviews after her performance
Love the Kanako-Mao hug... I am going to miss the 3-sisters' interactions
Love conversation b/n mao, yulia, and carolina... mao look so excited that Carolina is going on tour with her, trying to involve Yulia in the conversation
and of course love all the Mao-fangirling

Thanks for sharing this video emory903!

It was great to see the Russian fans in the video from our forum  cheers and with that beautiful poster too! I'm so proud of you guys!

I really liked the interaction between the team-mates too!
It seems like Hanyu really likes Yulia- like a little sister kind of way.

I think it's impossible to not be friends with Mao or Carolina, they're both such sweet people, I'm glad they keep such a great relationship!

zarinaballerina wrote:

So we can asume that Caro will also join The Ice cast this year? She and Mao really go along well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Julia would get invited, and I'm pretty sure Adelina will be there. I can't wait for July. Dance

I think Mao and Caro were talking about Stars On Ice in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong), and I think Mao was listing all the cities in Japan where it will be held, and Carolina said that she was going to one of the cities.
Then from what I could hear, Mao asked Yulia if she was doing any shows- and Yulia said in Moscow and in Japan, and Mao smiled and said Japan! (Yulia didn't say specifically which show though).
Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 am

klarification wrote:
Rose wrote:

I agree with this.

However, I would not be quick to downplay Yuna and her achievements. She pushed the sport in her own way, and will always be remembered as one of the greats. I think it's sad that she had to force herself to compete one last time in an overly hostile crowd because of her federation. She was probably not 100% committed, but she had to do what she had to do right?  Yep, Sadly

If you agree with my statement, which is better depends on your philosophy, why would it matter if I view Yuna's career from my eyes and I view her as a consistent skater. I say it's good that she was never off podium since senior debut. That is not "downplay" for me. That is how I feel. Or as I learned in America, what Americans say is "calling it as it is" for me. The way I write is how I feel. Just like the way you write is how you feel. But you might think that is "downplay" because you assume people will view events in the same manner as you. Just like you did after Olympics in Sochi thread and I quote you, but you never responded.

klarification wrote:

Most of the people in the figure skating community strongly insist that the gold should have been given to Yuna. However, I believe that instead of campaigning for OGM to be 'surrendered back' to her, a thorough review and examination should be done instead after this season to improve the current system.  For Adelina and Yulia (and even Gracie!!) to have PCS anywhere near the veterans who have skated clean programs is a mockery of the sport. I don't want to see more athletes be victimized again.

Rose wrote:

I don't think Yuna should be "given" gold. So there is petition. I will never campaign for any medal to be surrendered "back" to her. A medal cannot belong to anyone in first place until it is earned. Her free program did not have enough technical content. I agree, Adelina, Yulia and Gracie's PCS was joke, but I think Yuna's PCS and free program score was mockery of the sport for me.

You think Yuna pushed the sport that is fine. I cannot change that or speak for you. I can only speak for myself. I do not think that Yuna pushed the sport. She is great skater for South Korea and consistent skater. She changed maybe landscape for Korean figure skating. She achieved great results in all the big competitions. Just like Evan Lysacek did. But did she push the sport? No. I think even in 2002 Olympics Sarah Hughes did probably seven triples. So for her to say results were absurd is definitely fitting for queen that think title is hers just because she do not mess up on jumps. Of course you don't mess up, you do less jumps and do only the ones that don't give you difficulty. And how many times she was gifted for flat edge on lip? Basically all the time, but twice. She is strategist because she can be. She goes to B competitions because she is strategist. To imagine if Mao or other skater did her LP jump content from Olympics or 2013 World competition? Will they get the scores she get, no imo. What did she improve over four years? Nothing. Even actress passion was gone. You should not win competition on reputation or because you have great triple-triple combo. Subjective points should not be enough to outweigh technical content to achieve first place. It should be balance of both and for me, queen Yuna did not come even close artistically to make up for her technical content. So this is not downplaying for me. She didn't push figure skating.

sapphiresky wrote:
I think Mao and Caro were talking about Stars On Ice in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong), and I think Mao was listing all the cities in Japan where it will be held, and Carolina said that she was going to one of the cities.
Then from what I could hear, Mao asked Yulia if she was doing any shows- and Yulia said in Moscow and in Japan, and Mao smiled and said Japan! (Yulia didn't say specifically which show though).

I have question, will Mao be in Stars on Ice in other countries? I think she did Stars on Ice in Canada or America before, no? And thank you to for Japanese translation, information about her name and congratulation to everyone for mention about banner and Russian fans on TV!!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 am

Please guys this is 2014 Worlds let's just focus on Mao and the skaters who actually were at this competition. Something I find unbelievable is carolina medalling after her freeskate, it was a hot mess she fell on her big jump combination, singlede to other jumps and doubled two other combo's, carolina landed a total of three triples. the bronze medalist had three triples and those were 3f, 3s, 3lz. two of them were not even in combination.
I remember people complaining about lepisto getting bronze in 2010 with her three triples but atleast Laura at didn't fall, single and double left and right. 4 judges gave her in the mid 9 for performance/execution ROTFLMAO
I know that carolina had a good step sequence but that was all there was in that program Whirly  Suspect 

I was soo focused on Mao that I didn't pay that much attention to carolina, but really after rewatching her free skate again, i am puzzled and even more speechless looking at her score and placement.
Back to top Go down
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:25 am

Mao SP WC 2014 on CBC

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l5341_mao-asada-sp-w-2014_sport

I will upload the FS soon Smile

Sorry for the bad quality :p
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:27 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Wait, I thought we were looking for a nickname that would fit Mao, for us to use. scratch  I agree, for the media or figure skating community to use this would be too much. Besides it would make us look like a bunch of bots in everyone else's eyes. Escape 

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Somebody else mentioned Goddess Mao also. Also, I think the meaning of Mao is great, and yes "Mao Asada" itself is groundbreaking to anyone's ears. It's just that it would be nice if Mao did have a nickname that even commentators would say a lot. I always hear commentators say Queen Yu-na, so I'm like, "Aw Mao!"

Ugh I hate it when the commentators do this. I remember during Olympics, it was the queen this, the queen that, and all I was thinking was, shut up already. Frustrated 

sapphiresky wrote:

Yes, but I was thinking that Caro might get invited because Mao (or her management) usually invites those skaters which Mao likes, or gets along with. And judging by how Caro and Mao interacted both here and at the Oly's, I think Caro might be coming to The Ice shows this year.

Rose wrote:
You think Yuna pushed the sport that is fine. I cannot change that or speak for you. I can only speak for myself. I do not think that Yuna pushed the sport. She is great skater for South Korea and consistent skater. She changed maybe landscape for Korean figure skating. She achieved great results in all the big competitions. Just like Evan Lysacek did. But did she push the sport? No. I think even in 2002 Olympics Sarah Hughes did probably seven triples. So for her to say results were absurd is definitely fitting for queen that think title is hers just because she do not mess up on jumps. Of course you don't mess up, you do less jumps and do only the ones that don't give you difficulty. And how many times she was gifted for flat edge on lip? Basically all the time, but twice. She is strategist because she can be. She goes to B competitions because she is strategist. To imagine if Mao or other skater did her LP jump content from Olympics or 2013 World competition? Will they get the scores she get, no imo. What did she improve over four years? Nothing. Even actress passion was gone. You should not win competition on reputation or because you have great triple-triple combo. Subjective points should not be enough to outweigh technical content to achieve first place. It should be balance of both and for me, queen Yuna did not come even close artistically to make up for her technical content. So this is not downplaying for me. She didn't push figure skating.

I couldn't agree more. I've been saying this for years. Yuna always had an advantage over Mao in terms of consistency, because her TES was much, much easier than Mao's. At worlds 2013, I think she had the 16th hardest TES. Whirly  Yet still got 148 for her LP.
What Yuna had from almost the beginning of her senior career and what Mao lacked, was the love from the judges. She's been gifted quite a few times (2010 worlds LP comes to mind). You asked if Mao had Yuna's TES would she get Yuna's score. No, because she can't even get Yuna's scores with her insane layout.

I wouldn't say that Yuna didn't push the sport. In her own way she had. Her HUGE 3-3 (back then, not now), so if you wanted a chance at gold you needed 3-3, or something else to compensate for it. She also made her way of artistry (having and exaggerated expression on your face) popular, however that was 4 years ago. I agree, today she's not the Yuna she was in Vancouver. I have never seen her skate with such "I don't give a damn" presentation as she had in Sochi. I'm not saying that this is how she actually felt, but it is how she came across. Slovenian ISU representative (I don't know what her actual job is at ISU) Tjaša Andree Prosenc said that the reason judges went with Adelina is because Adelina skated her heart out and had higher difficulty as opose to Yuna's lackluster performance. So I don't understand why the KSU is bitching about the result and filing a protest. Just because she skated clean (she actually hadn't, just wasn't called on her mistakes) doesn't mean she automatically has to win. Not with that kind of layout nor with that kind of presentation. just my two cents.

Back to worlds 2014. I find it really sad if Yuna fans are putting down Mao because of her WR. Not only had she earned it, IMO, she should've broken 79 with that performance.

I agree with those who said, no one can't accuse Mao's thirdd world title happened because of her home advantage. In fact, she was underscored again. that 3A was freaking clean!

ballerinamao wrote:
Something I find unbelievable is carolina medalling after her freeskate, it was a hot mess she fell on her big jump combination, singlede to other jumps and doubled two other combo's, carolina landed a total of three triples. the bronze medalist had three triples and those were 3f, 3s, 3lz. two of them were not even in combination.

You're not the only one who's puzzled at Kostner's bronze. The british eurosport guys (the most objective commentators out there) couldn't believe their eyes, when they saw her LP score, and were dissapointed when Pogorilaya was placed behind Caro. They thought Caro did not deserve such generous PCS.

Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:36 am

Rose wrote:
If you agree with my statement, which is better depends on your philosophy, why would it matter if I view Yuna's career from my eyes and I view her as a consistent skater. I say it's good that she was never off podium since senior debut. That is not "downplay" for me. That is how I feel. Or as I learned in America, what Americans say is "calling it as it is" for me. The way I write is how I feel. Just like the way you write is how you feel. But you might think that is "downplay" because you assume people will view events in the same manner as you. Just like you did after Olympics in Sochi thread and I quote you, but you never responded.

Wow, I never intended for that to be viewed that way.

That was why I wrote I would not be quick to downplay because I was writing how I feel and not how other people should feel. I'm sorry if you think I'm speaking for you.

Rose wrote:

klarification wrote:

Most of the people in the figure skating community strongly insist that the gold should have been given to Yuna. However, I believe that instead of campaigning for OGM to be 'surrendered back' to her, a thorough review and examination should be done instead after this season to improve the current system.  For Adelina and Yulia (and even Gracie!!) to have PCS anywhere near the veterans who have skated clean programs is a mockery of the sport. I don't want to see more athletes be victimized again.
Rose wrote:

I don't think Yuna should be "given" gold. So there is petition. I will never campaign for any medal to be surrendered "back" to her. A medal cannot belong to anyone in first place until it is earned. Her free program did not have enough technical content. I agree, Adelina, Yulia and Gracie's PCS was joke, but I think Yuna's PCS and free program score was mockery of the sport for me.
Rose wrote:

I did not respond because I thought it was obvious I am on the side that Yuna shouldn't be 'given back' the gold. I said people think Yuna should be given the gold, but what needs to be done is an examination of the system. I'm sorry if this is a case of poor english on my part because I don't know how to make my statement any clearer.

And it doesn't matter what my opinions are because they are mine and mine alone so it shouldn't change yours or anyone else's.  Wink 

zarinaballerina wrote:
I agree with those who said, no one can't accuse Mao's thirdd world title happened because of her home advantage. In fact, she was underscored again. that 3A was freaking clean!

Her 3A in the FP had better height and flow than the SP. They were really doing her best to bring her down.  Frustrated

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Something I find unbelievable is carolina medalling after her freeskate, it was a hot mess she fell on her big jump combination, singlede to other jumps and doubled two other combo's, carolina landed a total of three triples. the bronze medalist had three triples and those were 3f, 3s, 3lz. two of them were not even in combination.

You're not the only one who's puzzled at Kostner's bronze. The british eurosport guys (the most objective commentators out there) couldn't believe their eyes, when they saw her LP score, and were dissapointed when Pogorilaya was placed behind Caro. They thought Caro did not deserve such  generous PCS.

The only saving grace is that Caro seems like a genuinely nice person and that she skated a great SP. Maybe they overcompensated for Sochi (where she was robbed) but who knows. The difference between TES and PCS makes me embarrassed for her.

Mao SP WC 2014 on CBC

Please do! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:38 am

Anyway, a lovely screenshot I adore:

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Bkc0om10
Back to top Go down
Rose

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 am

Mao SP WC 2014 on CBC

Thank you very much. I can't wait for FS.

klarification wrote:

Wow, I never intended for that to be viewed that way.

That was why I wrote I would not be quick to downplay because I was writing how I feel and not how other people should feel. I'm sorry if you think I'm speaking for you.

Rose wrote:

klarification wrote:

Rose wrote:

Rose wrote:

klarification wrote:

I did not respond because I thought it was obvious I am on the side that Yuna shouldn't be 'given back' the gold. I said people think Yuna should be given the gold, but what needs to be done is an examination of the system. I'm sorry if this is a case of poor english on my part because I don't know how to make my statement any clearer.

And it doesn't matter what my opinions are because they are mine and mine alone so it shouldn't change yours or anyone else's.  Wink 

It doesn't and again you seem not to understand that I'm stating that you should not talk about my view from your vantage point when you use the word "downplay". I understand pronouns perfectly fine. My English is not perfect but I understand enough when I state things of how I interpret Yuna's career, but I don't try to write as though I am purposely trying to negate what she has done in which you did when you used the word downplay. I look up meaning, to minimize significance of, right? Like I said before, how you feel about a certain skater is based upon your own philosophy and values. If you feel your way about Yuna that is fine. Your opinions are your opinions. Also, there is very condescending tone just like the emoticons of the winking back you use for me and back then for let's talk. Obviously, my opinion is different from yours and I wrote it as such. Thank you for lovely photo. I will not use wink emoticon because I really mean thank you and I think photo is cute.

zarinaballerina wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I've been saying this for years. Yuna always had an advantage over Mao in terms of consistency, because her TES was much, much easier than Mao's. At worlds 2013, I think she had the 16th hardest TES. Whirly  Yet still got 148 for her LP.
What Yuna had from almost the beginning of her senior career and what Mao lacked, was the love from the judges. She's been gifted quite a few times (2010 worlds LP comes to mind). You asked if Mao had Yuna's TES would she get Yuna's score. No, because she can't even get Yuna's scores with her insane layout.

I wouldn't say that Yuna didn't push the sport. In her own way she had. Her HUGE 3-3 (back then, not now), so if you wanted a chance at  gold you needed 3-3, or something else to compensate for it. She also made her way of artistry (having and exaggerated expression on your face) popular, however that was 4 years ago. I agree, today she's not the Yuna she was in Vancouver. I have never seen her skate with such  "I don't give a damn" presentation as she had in Sochi. I'm not saying that this is how she actually felt, but it is how she came across. Slovenian ISU representative (I don't know what her actual job is at ISU) Tjaša Andree Prosenc said that the reason judges went with Adelina is because Adelina skated her heart out and had higher difficulty as opose to Yuna's lackluster performance. So I don't understand why the KSU is bitching about the result and filing a protest. Just because she skated clean (she actually hadn't, just wasn't called on her mistakes) doesn't mean she automatically has to win. Not with that kind of layout nor with that kind of presentation. just my two cents.

Back to worlds 2014. I find it really sad if Yuna fans are putting down Mao because of her WR. Not only had she earned it, IMO, she should've broken 79 with that performance.

ballerinamao wrote:

You're not the only one who's puzzled at Kostner's bronze. The british eurosport guys (the most objective commentators out there) couldn't believe their eyes, when they saw her LP score, and were dissapointed when Pogorilaya was placed behind Caro. They thought Caro did not deserve such  generous PCS.

Thank you zarinaballerina. I find your post very interesting and I agree about how judges love some skaters over others and I think that can sometimes really affect mentality of athlete. Your facial expression comment made me laugh in front of computer screen. I have not watched Pogorilaya's skate yet so I will do.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

Rose wrote:
It doesn't and again you seem not to understand that I'm stating that you should not talk about my view from your vantage point when you use the word "downplay". I understand pronouns perfectly fine. My English is not perfect but I understand enough when I state things of how I interpret Yuna's career, but I don't try to write as though I am purposely trying to negate what she has done in which you did when you used the word downplay. I look up meaning, to minimize significance of, right? Like I said before, how you feel about a certain skater is based upon your own philosophy and values. If you feel your way about Yuna that is fine. Your opinions are your opinions. Also, there is very condescending tone just like the emoticons of the winking back you use for me and back then for let's talk. Obviously, my opinion is different from yours and I wrote it as such. Thank you for lovely photo. I will not use wink emoticon because I really mean thank you and I think photo is cute.

Again, I don't know how to make it any clearer:

I. AM. SPEAKING. MY. OWN. OPINION.
Not anyone else's.  

Also, I like smileys! I use them on most posts.

But I'm glad you think the photo is cute! I love it very much, and here's another one I found but this time on tumblr:

World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Tumblr11
Credit: yuzulicious@tumblr

---

Anyway, I agree that this topic is being derailed so much.
Am I the only one who finds it cute that Dylan was 'flirting' with Mao during the gala. Mao was all smiles and just so cute!  Wub Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2014    World Figure Skating Championships 2014  - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2014
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next