Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE ICE 2014

Go down 
+13
sapphiresky
WowMao
chapis
shar
inskate
elmaster
emory903
let`s talk
COHK
linglang
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
silenceisgolden
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 am

As you may already know, the cast members for The Ice 2014 were announced.

http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast/index.html

July 19, 20, 21 in Nagano
July 23, 24 in  Aichi
July 26, 27 in Osaka

Mao, Kanako, Satoko, Adlina, Gracie
Taka K, Taka M, Jeff, Jeremy, Maxim      
D/W, Shibs, Narumi/Ruichi
Maybe some more skaters will be added later.

While I'm glad Meryl and Charlie are back Happy dance,
I'm a bit disappointed in men's field.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:59 am

This is not related to the topic but, the news that
TAT is now Artur Gachinski's coach surprised me.
I prefer Gachinski to Kovton, so I wanted Artur to come to The Ice
instead of Maxim, and not Jeremy but Jason .... I'm just saying  Sweatdrop 

This is said to be his new SP "Cry Me A River" choreographed by TAT. I like it!
I have also liked Michael Bublé since Taka uses his songs for his gala programs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_axiS871Vc
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
This is not related to the topic but, the news that
TAT is now Artur Gachinski's coach surprised me.
I prefer Gachinski to Kovton, so I wanted Artur to come to The Ice
instead of Maxim, and not Jeremy but Jason .... I'm just saying  Sweatdrop 

This is said to be his new SP "Cry Me A River" choreographed by TAT. I like it!
I have also liked Michael Bublé since Taka uses his songs for his gala programs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_axiS871Vc

I love his new program, it looks so much more refined and expressive. and I just love Tarasovas choreography. I was kind of hoping TAT would do Mao's exhibition this year, hopefully is Mao decides to continue she will let TAT do her programs.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:

July 23, 24 in  Aichi
July 26, 27 in Osaka

Same here. I would also prefer a different ladies cast, but it's Mao's show, so she invites those that she wants/likes.

I'm really happy that Gachinski has left Mishin, I wish Liza would as well. He may be a genious coach for jumps, but in everything else...his skaters mostly suck.

ballerinamao wrote:
I was kind of hoping TAT would do Mao's exhibition this year, hopefully is Mao decides to continue she will let TAT do her programs.

While I absolutely agree with you on TAT choerographing EX's programs for Mao, I have mixed feelings about TAT choreographing competitive programs for her. Yes, rachmaninov LP was freaking amazing, but she did have some misses when it came to Mao's competitve programs, unlike her EX programs which were all a masterpiece.

If Mao continues, I wish she'd go to Miyamoto, Dickson and Camerlengo.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:40 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:

July 23, 24 in  Aichi
July 26, 27 in Osaka

Same here. I would also prefer a different ladies cast, but it's Mao's show, so she invites those that she wants/likes.

I'm really happy that Gachinski has left Mishin, I wish Liza would as well. He may be a genious coach for jumps, but in everything else...his skaters mostly suck.

ballerinamao wrote:
I was kind of hoping TAT would do Mao's exhibition this year, hopefully is Mao decides to continue she will let TAT do her programs.

While I absolutely agree with you on TAT choerographing EX's programs for Mao, I have mixed feelings about TAT choreographing competitive programs for her. Yes, rachmaninov LP was freaking amazing, but she did have some misses when it came to Mao's competitve programs, unlike her EX programs which were all a masterpiece.

If Mao continues, I wish she'd go to Miyamoto, Dickson and Camerlengo.

if Mao decides to continue, I would absolutely love if Mao went to one of the choreographers you mentioned, but I think I will always have a weak spot when it comes to tat choreography I think she brings something special out of Mao, a style that's soo different and uniq from the rest.

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:51 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

if Mao decides to continue, I would absolutely love if Mao went to one of the choreographers you mentioned, but I think I will always have a weak spot when it comes to tat  choreography I think she brings something special out of Mao, a style that's soo different and uniq from the rest.  

Well, she could always use TAT for EX and others for competitive programs.  Wink  Though I think, that if she does stay on, she'll stay with Lori and TAT.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:02 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

if Mao decides to continue, I would absolutely love if Mao went to one of the choreographers you mentioned, but I think I will always have a weak spot when it comes to tat  choreography I think she brings something special out of Mao, a style that's soo different and uniq from the rest.  

Well, she could always use TAT for EX and others for competitive programs.  Wink  Though I think, that if she does stay on, she'll stay with Lori and TAT.

yes, but maybe curiosity and good guidance may lead her to the other choreographers, even if it's only for exhibitions I am sure most of us would be overjoyed to see what kind of ideas and performance she would come up with if she worked with them. I think it's very possible that a new teamwork may start afterall they often create new programs for the other Japanese skater.but it would be even more interesting to see what her coaching situation would be like, I really have no idea whether sato is capable of continuing as her full time coach.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:14 am

Two more skaters have been added to the cast. Mae Berenice Meite cheers  and Patrick Chan. I wish they'd invite Javi or Yuzu instead of that arrogant man.

I can'twait for this show to start and see Mao's new EX. Confetti 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:55 am

haha ... Yuzu seems too busy with other shows including his own.  I hoped they would invite Akiko, Caro, Denise ... Radionova and Hawayek/Baker.  Hell, no!  (Anyway, I got a ticket. Yey!)

She used to make two gala programs for a season in the past. I'm greedy I wish she made two and showed both of them.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 6:31 am

linglang wrote:
haha ... Yuzu seems too busy with other shows including his own.  I hoped they would invite Akiko, Caro, Denise ... Radionova and Hawayek/Baker.  Hell, no!  (Anyway, I got a ticket. Yey!)

She used to make two gala programs for a season in the past. I'm greedy I wish she made two and showed both of them.  Very Happy

I read from twitter that:
Jeff will choreograph the opening and men's group number
Meryl and Charlie will do the ladies' group number <-- this is interesting, after their DWTS shows

I would love to see them invite Akiko! Or having Dai over would be great as well (I'm dreaming this, 'cause Mao had helped out in the Kobe Charity show earlier. But this would not be an ideal situation for getting the tickets to THE ICE... Too sweet! )

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 3:15 pm

linglang wrote:

What?! Yuzu has his own show? Shocked  When will it be, and is it already known who will skate in it? This is great news. cheers 

And I'm so jealous of you for getting to see Mao. Maybe now, that she's taking the next season off she might have two new EX programs. Like you, I'm also very greedy and would love to see her with as many new programs as possible. Yep!  Embarassed 

Seriously, July can't come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:40 pm

"Together on Ice"
http://skate-sendai.com/

This show will be held in Sendai to celebrate Yuzu's OGM.
There will be five male skaters besides Yuzu and four male music groups to take part. All boys!   cyclops 
I suppose 99.99% of people in the audience will be girls (or obasan-girls.  Sweatdrop  Escape
The tickets are sold out.  Yep! 

He will take part in FoI in all three locations, a show in Beppu, DoI. And maybe he will be invited to Friends on Ice in Aug as well?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:27 pm

linglang wrote:
"Together on Ice"
http://skate-sendai.com/

This show will be held in Sendai to celebrate Yuzu's OGM.
There will be five male skaters besides Yuzu and four male music groups to take part. All boys!   cyclops 
I suppose 99.99% of people in the audience will be girls (or obasan-girls.  Sweatdrop  Escape
The tickets are sold out.  Yep! 

He will take part in FoI in all three locations, a show in Beppu, DoI. And maybe he will be invited to Friends on Ice in Aug as well?

Wait, where are the ladies? Is this man only? Shocked  I agree, I see alot of screaming girls in the audience. Very Happy 

Since Shizuka is expecting her first child, will she still hold her annual show even though she isn't skating anymore (until the birth)?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:22 am

Friends on Ice will be held on Aug 22, 23, 24.
http://www.friendsonice.com/
Only the dates & ticket sales were announced so far. No info at all which skaters will participate.
I wonder how Sizuka will be involved ... giving choreo for group numbers maybe?

http://www.vogue.co.jp/blog/vogue-wedding/archives/954
According to this, Vogue will take part as a fashion producer for a part of the show.
....... Unconscious  hope they will not mess our fabulous skaters genuine beauty ... I know I will be sorry I even hoped ...   Fried
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:35 pm

linglang wrote:
Friends on Ice will be held on Aug 22, 23, 24.
http://www.friendsonice.com/
Only the dates & ticket sales were announced so far. No info at all which skaters will participate.
I wonder how Sizuka will be involved ... giving choreo for group numbers maybe?

I remember reading it somewhere and it pops up again when I just visited the thread 'Japanese Figure Skating news - After Sochi' from FSU. It seems that Shae-Lynn Bourne was invited to be the choreographer for FOI. The news came out when Shae-Lynn Bourne was interviewed during Yuna's show earlier this month.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:48 am

With the first show of 'The Ice' taking place @ Nagano after 10 days, finally there's some news (hints) about Mao's new EX (!!!!)

from Twitter:

チュッキョ@ctveventkawa
ザ・アイスいよいよ来週ですね!浅田真央選手の新しくプログラムでは、曲の後半盛り上がる部分でお客さんも立ち上がって、手拍子して欲しいとのこと。どんなプログラムになるのか楽しみですね♪

Roughly, the hint says that for the 2nd half of Mao's new program, they want 'the audiences to stand up and clap hands'....mh~~ so any guess about what the music might be?  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 am

So there is no possibility of Madame Butterfly  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 am

Fuji TV  Suspect will broadcast The Ice from 14:55 to 16:50 on July 21  cheers   in Tokyo/Kanto area.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/figure/the_ice_2014/index.html
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 9:12 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
So there is no possibility of  Madame Butterfly  Crying or Very sad

oh, I would love to see her Madame Buterfly EX, but Mirai is using this music for her LP, so Mao might not want to skate to the same music. scratch  Or, and I prefer this version Wink , since she usually does two programs at her shows, (and since this year she does not have a new SP) she might still do it. I'd love it if this were the case. Something fun and upbeat for one program, and gorgeous Pucini for another.  Swoon 

And I can't wait to hear what kind of music she chose for her new program. Happy dance  When does she usually announce it?
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

oh, I would love to see her Madame Buterfly EX, but Mirai is using this music for her LP, so Mao might not want to skate to the same music. scratch  Or, and I prefer this version Wink 

Sorry Mirai, but I really want to see Madame Butterfly by Mao  Love Hearts 

>Something fun and upbeat for one program, and gorgeous Pucini for another.
Yes, please!  And "O mio babbino caro" would be fantastic, too.

>When does she usually announce it?
I hope she will announce it soon.

It seems that two or three TV stations will film THE ICE and broadcast them in each area.
Nagano show by Fuji TV, Aichi show by Chukyo TV, and maybe Osaka show by Kansai TV respectively.
Hope we will be able to see the different versions of the show on YouTube  Cheering
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:48 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

oh, I would love to see her Madame Buterfly EX, but Mirai is using this music for her LP, so Mao might not want to skate to the same music. scratch  Or, and I prefer this version Wink 

Sorry Mirai, but I really want to see Madame Butterfly by Mao  Love Hearts 

>Something fun and upbeat for one program, and gorgeous Pucini for another.
Yes, please!  And "O mio babbino caro" would be fantastic, too.

>When does she usually announce it?
I hope she will announce it soon.

It seems that two or three TV stations will film THE ICE and broadcast them in each area.
Nagano show by Fuji TV, Aichi show by Chukyo TV, and maybe Osaka show by Kansai TV respectively.
Hope we will be able to see the different versions of the show on YouTube  Cheering

"O mio bambino caro" would be nice as well, I agree, but I'm dying to see her Madamme Butterfly EX. I wonder why she never skated to it.

This is great news about broadcasting The Ice.  cheers  I hope as well, that the wonderful japanese fans will post all versions on youtube. I just hope that those TV stations (especially Fuji) won't take them down due to copyrights.  Sad 

Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 pm

The making of the rink in Nagano photos were from yesterday:
THE ICE 2014 BslVdwQCMAA0UC7.jpg:large?

From twitter, it seems that all the skaters are in Nagano and they're practicing their programmes and the collaborative works at the moment.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 am

THE ICE 2014 20140711

For what EX is this new hair style?  Dance 

I will attend THE ICE in Osaka.  Cheering 
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:55 am

Mao looks so .... young  Sweatdrop hahaha

Here is another photo from Maia's twitter.
THE ICE 2014 Bsvoko10

Fuji's THE ICE site says they will upload backstage video(s) here on July 18.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/figure/the_ice_2014/mov.html
Back to top Go down
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel
emory903

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 pm

oh wow, don't think we have ever seen her hair this short. Looks very cute
I wonder how she is going to wear it when she is skating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE ICE 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2014
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next