Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rostelecom 2014.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Well, let's hope this turns out better that COC.... and entries here: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2014/index.htm
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:47 am

Ugh, I'm so pissed right now at the technical panel. They hit Mirai with UR in her 3-3 combo (deservingly) but ignored an UR in Chartrand's 3-3. Mad  That 3T was so clearly UR'ed in the slow-mo, they didn't even have to try to look very hard for it, yet still they ignored it. This inconsistency is driving me crazy.

I'm sad about Ana, skating at home is the hardest thing for anyone, and suddenly finding yourself as THE favourite doesn't help. However IMO, this is a very good learning experience for her, considering that at Nationals, there is going to be an absolute blood bath. So many fantastic girls, yet only 3 places available. So hopefully the experience form CoR will be able to help her at Nats. And she's less than 2 points behind Chartrand so nothing is lost yet. And if Chartrand has UR's tomorrow, the tech panel better punish her! Frustrated

Here is the protocol:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2014/gprus2014_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:15 am

....I am still surprised that Chartrand won the SP... Shocked
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:56 am

What a competition for men's SP. Dance  Voronov was awesome, Javi even better (though not perfect) and Taka is in 3rd! cheers  Though, if I'm honest, I worry about his jumps. Does anyone know if Taka is injured? He's been either two-footing them or UR'ing them. pale I hope he'll be able to pull it off tomorrow and win a medal here. And can someone explain to me how on earth can Jason Brown have higher PCS than Taka?!Laugh Whirly  Hello?! Taka has the best freaking skating skills in the world, now than Chan is taking a break. WTH?! Very Mad

And I'm so happy Javi is going to Barcelona. I was worried a bit after SC.

Here's the protocol for men's SP:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2014/gprus2014_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Off to watch Ice Dance. Hopefully Eurosport will be able to switch back from ski pass in time.
Here's hoping to Elena/Ruslan kicking Victoria/Nikita's butt. Twisted Evil  I'm so mean. Lips sealed Hell, no! Escape
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 7:36 am

So.... Hongo wins ladies, Pogoriliya 2nd, and Chartrand 3rd....
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:10 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
So.... Hongo wins ladies, Pogoriliya 2nd, and Chartrand 3rd....

What a day! I'm not a big fan of Hongo, but I'm really happy for her. A deserved win. Anna was overscored IMO, but it was expected, she skated on home turf. But I must say the expression on her coach's face after she finished her LP, scared the heck out of me. affraid

Holy wow at Stolbova/Klimov. WOW! That was simlply amazing. However, I do wish they'd use the original Notre Dame de Paris and not english version.

I'm so happy for Javi. Dance His program is insanely dificult. Man, if he'll manage to skate it clean at worlds, he's going to bring the entire house down.
Voronov got a very high score for his very empty program, IMO.Suspect But I agree with the overall placement.
Oh Taka...Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Depressed Crying What's wrong with him, anyone knows?

Ice Dance was great. Everyone was overscored, but at least the judges were consistent with it. Sooooo happy for Lena/Ruslan. Boogie I wish they had a better FD, but what the heck, it's their first year together. However thay need to be careful, they're losing levels. I'm sure they'll work hard on it. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for them. And please, go to Igor over the summer next year, to get help on the technique and levels.Worship
And Penny/Nick...wow have they improved. I'm loving their FD. Hopefully, they'll only improve from now on. I can see them on podium at Euro's if they'll keep up like this.

Off topic; I see Anna/Luca have withdrawn from TEB. Hopefully, it's because their crappy programs aren't ready and not because one of them is injured. pale I still don't understand their decision to leave Igor for Marina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rostelecom 2014.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom 2014.    Rostelecom 2014.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rostelecom 2014.
Page 1 of 1