Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE ICE 2014

Go down 
+13
sapphiresky
WowMao
chapis
shar
inskate
elmaster
emory903
let`s talk
COHK
linglang
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
silenceisgolden
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
tripleaxeltriple

THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:27 am

bebece wrote:
guys did THE ICE was originally ice show that highlighted mao or her signature show

or it was just IMG show that later became identical with her

cuz i just stumble this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=BeqkvhN92P4&list=UU-2sgak1hf41c2_-QFnIMrw  

it was THE ICE 2007
and beside mao there's also miki n daisuke

i thing that was the only one that daisuke include in the cast  

THE ICE official twitter said this in 2012

2012年7月24日
皆さん浅田真央選手のメリーポピンズの魔法にかかっちゃってるみたいですね♪
自分は7年前取材で初めて浅田選手に会いその魅力に魅了されて
“浅田真央選手がたくさん見られるアイスショーを作りたい”と企画書を書きました。
思えばその時からずっと魔法にかかったままかもです。事業部@ザ・アイス担当

"7 years ago when I first met Mao for an interview I was enchanted with her charm and I drew up a project proposal of THE ICE.
I wanted build an ice show in which we could see many performances of Mao. I think I have been charmed by her ever since."

So THE ICE has been Mao's show from the first time. Cheering 
Oh and I am a newbie here. Hello everyone!flower
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

Welcome to Maoforum tripleaxeltriple!  Encore 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanx everyone for posting the pics and videos!

shar wrote:

THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr11THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr12THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr13THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr14
THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr15THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Tumblr16

Ooooh silenceisgolden, these pics of Mao are perfection. Thank you so much for posting them.

I completely agree. Perfection.  Love Hearts  And I dare any "Mao- hater" to claim their usual "she's not artistic", after seeing this pics.  Twisted Evil 

inskate wrote:
I was wondering why Mao has never used the "Madame Butterfly" EX choreographed by TAT as well... However, as I was rewatching some of my favorite parts on Youtube I suddenly realized: while most people concentrate on the failed love story between Pinkerton and ChoCho-san, the finale of the opera is about a mother who sacrifices her life in hope that her child can live happily.
Madame Butterfly (Un Bel Di) was reportedly choreographed for 2010-2011 season, and at that time Mao's mum's condition was getting worse. What's more, a hepatic transplantation was considered and Mao & Mai both offered to be the donors (as they were young, healthy and Kyoko's closest family by blood, the liver provided by them would give Kyoko the best chance of recovery). However, Kyoko refused to accept donation from her daughters, because she didn't want them or their careers to be at any risk - while the vast majority of donors recovers fully, it still takes some time to achieve full recovery (2-3 months at the very luckiest, and probably much longer for an athlete to return to competitive form) and there's a 0.5%-1% risk of dying as a result of the complications after the surgery. In the end Mao's dad was the donor, but he wasn't as good a match and the transplantation was not successful. Sad 

So I wonder if the story of the opera made the music simply too painful for Mao to skate to...

Depressed Crying 

After reading this, I don't think I want to see Madame B anymore. No  I agree, it would be much too painful for Mao.

let'stalk wrote:
She skated her new EX with no single mistake. Mao is the best dancer in Ladies and she can pull anything. But Lori clearly has run out of ideas. There are too many already seen/used moves taken from Smile, Mary Poppins, I got Rhythm that Lori tried to hide behind a new style of music and unusual start/finish of EX. Lori, you are not fooling anyone. Mao, deal with new guys like Kenji or Camerlengo. Or go to TAT for the next EX.

I couldn't agree more. Mao clearly loves Lori, however I wish that Lori would try a lot harder with her. This isn't some second tier skater to whom you give recycled choreo, it's Mao freaking Asada.
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:32 am

inskate wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
So there is no possibility of  Madame Butterfly  Crying or Very sad

oh, I would love to see her Madame Buterfly EX, but Mirai is using this music for her LP, so Mao might not want to skate to the same music. scratch  Or, and I prefer this version Wink , since she usually does two programs at her shows, (and since this year she does not have a new SP) she might still do it. I'd love it if this were the case. Something fun and upbeat for one program, and gorgeous Pucini for another.  Swoon 

silenceisgolden wrote:

Sorry Mirai, but I really want to see Madame Butterfly by Mao  Love Hearts 

zarinaballerina wrote:

"O mio bambino caro" would be nice as well, I agree, but I'm dying to see her Madamme Butterfly EX. I wonder why she never skated to it.

I was wondering why Mao has never used the "Madame Butterfly" EX choreographed by TAT as well... However, as I was rewatching some of my favorite parts on Youtube I suddenly realized: while most people concentrate on the failed love story between Pinkerton and ChoCho-san, the finale of the opera is about a mother who sacrifices her life in hope that her child can live happily.

Madame Butterfly (Un Bel Di) was reportedly choreographed for 2010-2011 season, and at that time Mao's mum's condition was getting worse. What's more, a hepatic transplantation was considered and Mao & Mai both offered to be the donors (as they were young, healthy and Kyoko's closest family by blood, the liver provided by them would give Kyoko the best chance of recovery). However, Kyoko refused to accept donation from her daughters, because she didn't want them or their careers to be at any risk - while the vast majority of donors recovers fully, it still takes some time to achieve full recovery (2-3 months at the very luckiest, and probably much longer for an athlete to return to competitive form) and there's a 0.5%-1% risk of dying as a result of the complications after the surgery. In the end Mao's dad was the donor, but he wasn't as good a match and the transplantation was not successful. Sad

So I wonder if the story of the opera made the music simply too painful for Mao to skate to...

Thank you so much for that connection between Mao, her mother and Madame Butterfly, inskate. I think the tragedy and problems Mao has faced and overcome in her own life and skating enables her to relate to other people who suffer through difficulties because she gives them the strength to persevere and ultimately succeed, just as she has. I know it has been true for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2014   THE ICE 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2014
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4