Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rostelecom Cup 2013

Go down 
+24
Mao_Asada_sunrise
aoi88
BRASILwmr
let`s talk
maosukefan
Lelya
BowbowDaijin
Lady_in_black
Alokya
sapphiresky
ballerinamao
ilovethai
AmazingGraceMao
Hotaru
sweetdream
cera
Abdiel
roma
Haidogirl
chapis
Iceriver
zarinaballerina
pearlyriver
shar
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Rostelecom Cup 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

2013 Rostelecom Cup

The 2013 Grand Prix Series concludes with the Rostelecom Cup, Nov. 22-24 in Moscow.

The Rostelecom Cup, the sixth and final event in the 2013 Grand Prix Series, takes place Nov. 22-24 in Moscow. Four-time pairs world champions Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy and 2012 world champion Carolina Kostner are among those in the field.
Ice Network 2013-2014
SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

11/22/2013 6:00am Ladies short program
11/22/2013 7:40am Pairs short program
11/22/2013 9:45am Men's short program
11/22/2013 11:25am Short dance
11/23/2013 5:00am Ladies free skate
11/23/2013 6:50am Pairs free skate
11/23/2013 8:30am Men's free skate
11/23/2013 10:30am Free dance

Only 2 more days to see if Caro can top Julia, or will she lose to another Russian teenage phenom. I so hope Caro gets her mojo back and do her best.  Goo Caro!  cheers
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:03 pm

ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2013

Ladies

Entries
No. Name                         Nation
1 Carolina KOSTNER         ITA 1
2 Haruka IMAI                 JPN 2
3 Satoko MIYAHARA         JPN 2
4 Kanako MURAKAMI         JPN 2
5 Nikol GOSVIANI             RUS 3
6 Julia LIPNITSKAIA         RUS 3
7 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 3
8 Mirai NAGASU               USA 4
9 Agnes ZAWADZKI         USA 4

OMG! This is a very full lineup. I forgot Kanako and Mirai are competing here...and Liza! Wow, 3 Japanese, 3 Russians, and 2 Americans. I think this event will be the most interesting one for the ladies. Who do you guys think have the best chance at winning?

p.s. Isn't Liza competing with Yuna and Miki the same weekend as the GPF? What if (by the stroke of luck) she wins and qualifies for the GPF? Will she have to choose, or... I'm so confused by all these competitions going on at the same time. confused
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Wow, this event even has more of my favorite skaters Rolling Eyes . I hope Carol and Mirai and won't bomb this time Panic!
Hm, was Michelle ever referred to as the queen as frequently as Yuna? Suspect 

Last edited by pearlyriver on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Men

Entries
No. Name                 Nation
1 Brian JOUBERT     FRA 1
2 Peter LIEBERS       GER 2
3 Tatsuki MACHIDA   JPN 3
4 Artur GACHINSKI   RUS 4
5 Maxim KOVTUN     RUS 4
6 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS 4
7 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 5
8 Richard DORNBUSH USA 6
9 Joshua FARRIS     USA 6
10 Misha GE             UZB 7

As far as the men, I think it's just a battle between Machida and Javier(If he's clean), I wonder who has the best chance to come in 3rd?

Damn it Plushy Very Mad ...this would have been soooo interesting if Plushy hadn't pulled out.

Last edited by shar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Wow, this event even has more of my favorite skaters Rolling Eyes . I hope Carol and Mirai and won't bomb this time Panic! 
lol! pearlyriver. I know how you feel. I will be pulling my hair out Frustrated  during this competition.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 pm

shar wrote:
Men

Entries
No. Name                 Nation
1 Brian JOUBERT     FRA 1
2 Peter LIEBERS       GER 2
3 Tatsuki MACHIDA   JPN 3
4 Artur GACHINSKI   RUS 4
5 Maxim KOVTUN     RUS 4
6 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS 4
7 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 5
8 Richard DORNBUSH USA 6
9 Joshua FARRIS     USA 6
10 Misha GE             UZB 7

As far as the men, I think it's just a battle between Machida and Javier(If he's clean), I wonder who has the best chance to come in 3rd?

Damn it Plushy Very Mad ...this would have been soooo interesting if Plushy hadn't pulled out.
Kovtun, he has the technical arsenal, although his programs are not memorable. The men's event and ice dancing seem to be boring IMO.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

Kovtun, he has the technical arsenal, although his programs are not memorable. The men's event and ice dancing seem to be boring IMO.
Yeah, but can you imagine how exciting Woot! Plushy would've made the mens competition if he competed?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 3:36 am

shar wrote:

p.s. Isn't Liza competing with Yuna and Miki the same weekend as the GPF? What if (by the stroke of luck) she wins and qualifies for the GPF? Will she have to choose, or... I'm so confused by all these competitions going on at the same time. confused
Liza is competing in Zagreb? Shocked  Didn't know this. It doesn't matter what happens at CoR, Liza can't go to GPF. For this to happen, both Julia and Caro would need a complete meltdown and place last or something like this. Though, Caro needs to place at least second here if she wants to go to GPF. Anyone wanna bet, that this what judges will ensure, no matter what. Suspect 

So far the GPF lineup is as followed:

Mao
Ashley
Anna
Adelina
Elena
Akiko.

Julia (unless she has a complete meltdown) is going, and like I said IF Caro places in second, she needs an overall higher score than Elena, or she's out, if she wins she's definitely in, if she places in third or lower she's out.
So the way things are going Akiko is out of GPF and Elena needs to wait to see how Caro will do, or where the judges will put her.

Theoreticly Liza could still make it, but for that to happen, Caro would have to placed third, and Liza would have to win CoR with a  minimum overall score of 200. I don't see this happening. The same with Caro, if she places second here, her total score will have to be 203 points if she wants to edge Elena out. It's certainly going to be an interesting competition.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 3:46 am

Oh, that's right, Yuna, Miki and Liza will have a showdown in Zagreb affraid 
http://fskating.com/2013/11/kim-tuktamysheva-and-ando-to-clash-in-zagreb.html
Liza probably go there just to experience the competitive environment and fix some kinks in her programs.

Well, there'll be an influx of Korean and Japanese skaters for sure.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 am

So the GPF will probably be Mao, Ashley, Anna, Adelina, Julia and Caro or Elena, then? As for the men, I think that we will have four Japanese men again plus Patrick and Han Yan. It will be an exciting final for sure Smile . What are B/S and W/P chances to make it to GPF? I don't really like B/S free dance this season while I was really impressed by W/P tango...I found the music strange at first but then I thought it was a really expressive program. I've loved this two since their Je suis malade FD.

BTW, can't wait to see Mao again in the GPF!!!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 am

Iceriver wrote:
So the GPF will probably be Mao, Ashley, Anna, Adelina, Julia and Caro or Elena, then? As for the men, I think that we will have four Japanese men again plus Patrick and Han Yan. It will be an exciting final for sure Smile . What are B/S and W/P chances to make it to GPF? I don't really like B/S free dance this season while I was really impressed by W/P tango...I found the music strange at first but then I thought it was a really expressive program. I've loved this two since their Je suis malade FD.

BTW, can't wait to see Mao again in the GPF!!!
Yes, the last GPF spot in the ladies is going to be decided between Caro and Elena (unless Julia has a complete meltdown), though like I said, IMO, the judges will make sure Caro is going.

I'm not so sure about the men. It all depends how Kovtun will skate here. If he does well (places on the podium) then Oda is out, all Machida needs to so is podium and he's in.

Both B/S and W/P are going to GPF as along as they win a medal here and Chock/Bates don't beat them. Again, IMO, they're assured the place in GPF, since they are much better, or at least their programs are much better than the C/B.

pearlyriver wrote:
Oh, that's right, Yuna, Miki and Liza will have a showdown in Zagreb
What showdown? Yuna can slide on her butt through her entire program and she'll either post a WR, or very close to it.

Injur my foot Drama! . She's too injured to compete at TEB, but is healthy enough for this one? Look, a miraculous healing! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:48 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

pearlyriver wrote:
Oh, that's right, Yuna, Miki and Liza will have a showdown in Zagreb
What showdown? Yuna can slide on her butt through her entire program and she'll either post a WR, or very close to it.

Injur my foot Drama! . She's too injured to compete at TEB, but is healthy enough for this one? Look, a miraculous healing! Rolling Eyes
I know pale , but it's still an interesting race for a B-level competition like this. It's time ISU need to do something about withdrawals and injury excuses. You just can't take a long break and then pop out like nothing. Oh, some members on Yuna forum takes issue with the ISU ranking because Yuna only ranks 27. What do they want? I bet Yuna doesn't give a damn about that ranking.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:46 pm

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/figure-skating-grand-prix-final-qualifying/

This article explains who's automatically in for the GPF. Who's still in the running, and which competitor of the Rostelecom Cup will/might make the cut. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

http://thewrongedgefigureskatingblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/rostelecom-cup-men-preview.html?m=1

According to this article, Javier said that some of the judges advised him to go back to his Chaplin program after NHK. Can the judges do that...advise a skater on which program to use?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:32 pm

shar wrote:
http://thewrongedgefigureskatingblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/rostelecom-cup-men-preview.html?m=1

According to this article,  Javier said that some of the judges advised him to go back to his Chaplin program after NHK. Can the judges do that...advise a skater on which program to use?
I completely agree with them! Watching Javi's LP, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Chaplin was so good, and in the Olympic year Wilson gives him this?! I'm sorry, but is he trying to sabotage Javi?
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm

shar wrote:

According to this article,  Javier said that some of the judges advised him to go back to his Chaplin program after NHK. Can the judges do that...advise a skater on which program to use?
Yes, some judes advise skaters, and I agree too, he needs throw off his new program No , There isn`t time to do a new program so, combe back to Chaplin seems reasonable. And It will be interesting to watch Brian J.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:42 pm

chapis wrote:
shar wrote:

Yes, some judes advise skaters, and I agree too, he needs throw off his new program No , There isn`t time to do a new program so, combe back to Chaplin seems reasonable. And It will be interesting to watch Brian J.
Thanks chapis. I never knew the judges can give inputs to a skater regarding liking/disliking/replacing a program.

If the judges thinks so, and if Chaplin was a better program than the one he has now, then I agree that he should change it.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:32 pm

shar wrote:
chapis wrote:
shar wrote:

Thanks chapis. I never knew the judges can give inputs to a  skater regarding liking/disliking/replacing a program.

If the judges thinks so, and if Chaplin was a better program than the one he has now, then I agree that he should change it.
That's puzzling. I never think that judges can meet up skaters and offer their input Question . But his program this year is truly horrendous.
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:11 am

Wait! Miki is also going to Zagreb? Where do you know that from? Sleep 

Oh and before i forget: GO KANAKOOOOOOO~~ Cheering Cheering Cheering 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 am

Haidogirl wrote:

Oh and before i forget: GO KANAKOOOOOOO~~ Cheering Cheering Cheering 
I agree, go Kanako! Cheering 

I'm really curious how this competition will unfold. How high will Julia score, will she make it over 200? How will Caro do, will judges hold her up, or will they score her fairly, or will Caro have a great competition. And then there's Liza, will she redeem herself here... Faint2  I can't wait!

To those who are familiar with Russian qualifying system, do skaters qualify for Sochi only at Nats, or does the skater who places on the podium at GPF get an automatic berth for Sochi?

4 years ago JSF decided that the skater who places the highest at GPF gets an automatic berth to Vancouver, hence Miki placed 4 at nats, but still went to Oly's, because she was already qualifyed due to her second place finish at GPF. I hope JSF plans to repeat this, because it would mean that Mao (being the only japanese lady there) will qualify the moment GPF ends, thus she can try that stupid second 3A at Nats, without worrying about the consequences.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:45 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

To those who are familiar with Russian qualifying system, do skaters qualify for Sochi only at Nats, or does the skater who places on the podium at GPF get an automatic berth for Sochi?

4 years ago JSF decided that the skater who places the highest at GPF gets an automatic berth to Vancouver, hence Miki placed 4 at nats, but still went to Oly's, because she was already qualifyed due to her second place finish at GPF. I hope JSF plans to repeat this, because it would mean that Mao (being the only japanese lady there) will qualify the moment GPF ends, thus she can try that stupid second 3A at Nats, without worrying about the consequences.
I read an interview with Anna, in which the Russian reporter said that only one berth is decided by sport principle, another will be decided by coach counsels and 2 girls from the same figure skating school in Moscow won't be chosen together. FS in Russia is very political, but if Adelina or Anna can prove that she has the best chance in Sochi, I think the Russian fed can't afford to ignore it when it hits them in the face. As far as I know, the Finnish Fs fed decide the berths by averaging out results achieved at international competitions, so that the most consistent skater will be chosen and the Nats won't be a bloodbath.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:23 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I read an interview with Anna, in which the Russian reporter said that only one berth is decided by sport principle, another will be decided by coach counsels and 2 girls from the same figure skating school in Moscow won't be chosen together. FS in Russia is very political, but if Adelina or Anna can prove that she has the best chance in Sochi, I think the Russian fed can't afford to ignore it when it hits them in the face. As far as I know, the Finnish Fs fed decide the berths by averaging out results achieved at international competitions, so that the most consistent skater will be chosen and the Nats won't be a bloodbath.
Now this is ridiculous. the best 2 should go, no matter from which school they come. Hello?! Why punish the school, if it happens to have more than one amazing skater?

Aren't Julia, Adelina and Anna all in the same club/school? scratch  Or do they just train in the same city.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:28 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Now this is ridiculous. the best 2 should go, no matter from which school they come. Hello?! Why punish the school, if it happens to have more than one amazing skater?

Aren't Julia, Adelina and Anna all in the same club/school? scratch  Or do they just train in the same city.
They are. That's why Anna said that they should let Julia go instead of her, because Julia is better. Sport management in Russian is ridiculous, at least for FS and gymnastics. No wonder why Rafa said that no American coach would survive in Russia and that he's used to the weather and comfort in LA. I bet "comfort" here doesn't exclusively mean wealth and facilities.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

They are. That's why Anna said that they should let Julia go instead of her, because Julia is better. Sport management in Russian is ridiculous, at least for FS and gymnastics. No wonder why Rafa said that no American coach would survive in Russia and that he's used to the weather and comfort in LA. I bet "comfort" here doesn't exclusively mean wealth and facilities.
So Adelina is in different club then that Julia/Anna? Because I don't see Russian Fed leaving Adelina at home, and Julia is outskating everyone, so they can't leave her at home. So IMO, the team is going to be Julia and Adelina.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:45 am

What I'm interested in is how they'll score PCS if both Caro and Julia skate clean. Caro's tech isn't as high as Julia's so this is gonna be interesting. I hope Caro skates clean.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rostelecom Cup 2013   Rostelecom Cup 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rostelecom Cup 2013
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next