Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of Russia 2008!

Go down 
+6
Oscilla
inskate
chiyori
mitsuno
bibi
clovera
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Cup of Russia 2008! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2008!   Cup of Russia 2008! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:11 pm

Yes, Mao is in Russia. (I wondered if she might be there watching, but then again probably not; she's probably spending 6-8 hours practicing her jumps. Very Happy)

It seems that Shizuka Arakawa gave Mao some advice. She said something like "In the beginning I also tried my hardest to follow [what Tarasova said to do]. But you should say what you want to say; it is important to make your and your coach's goals the same."

Japanese speakers, see here:
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20081121-431806.html
I'm not sure I translated that exactly right, but at any rate, she basically said that communicating with your coach is important, which is what Mao seems to have realized.

Given the final placements at Cup of Russia, it looks like Mao has to place 2nd or better to get into the Grand Prix Final for sure. If she places 3rd, I think she has to beat Miki's best scores to make it to the Final. But hopefully we won't have to worry about that, because Mao will blow everyone away at NHK Trophy and set new world records!! Cheering Cheering Mao-chan, ganbare!!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2008!   Cup of Russia 2008! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Yes, Mao is in Russia. (I wondered if she might be there watching, but then again probably not; she's probably spending 6-8 hours practicing her jumps. Very Happy)

Great to hear that she's in Russia with her coach. I hope the training is going well! cheers

Quote :
It seems that Shizuka Arakawa gave Mao some advice. She said something like "In the beginning I also tried my hardest to follow [what Tarasova said to do]. But you should say what you want to say; it is important to make your and your coach's goals the same."

Shizuka Cheering She's such a classy champion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2008!   Cup of Russia 2008! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 am

inskate wrote:

Great to hear that she's in Russia with her coach. I hope the training is going well! cheers

So do I! The NHK cup is just a few days away! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2008!   Cup of Russia 2008! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of Russia 2008!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2