Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2009 !!

Go down 
+34
dangerous_angel_face
kawaiimao
Olive
Aibhlin
josling
Mirai
hastaluego06
maowataiyo
Oscilla
tianrushui
snowdrops24
summervie
Star85
inskate
Liffey
bellarina
polosatik
ddmm
SoMiTripleAxel
chiyori
maochan
roma
Okami
kirakira
MikiAndoFan#1
getmewild
jasmintea
MaoMaoRevolution
clovera
juliet
chineseteacup
coconut
Batsuchan
bibi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 am

The article mentions that Mao plans to at least try the 3A once when she skates to "Bells" during the Japan Open; Mao states that her primary goal at the J.Open is to relax and perform her program rather than being too focused on the elements (jumps?).

Yukari on the other hand will be using this opportunity to attempt *her* 3A and give the planned 3-3 a test drive.
Should be interesting. Cheering

Guest skater will be Shizuka~ Yep!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 pm

clovera wrote:
Yukari on the other hand will be using this opportunity to attempt *her* 3A and give the planned 3-3 a test drive.

Cheering

I'm so happy for Yukari! I think it would be nice seeing Yukari do a 3S+3T (did she mention which combination she is planning?), since she doesn't wrap her leg on those jumps. Personally, I don't see a wrapped leg as a problem, but some people, especially Dick Button, get bitchy about it.

I wish Yukari all the best! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 pm

I would also agree that it will be something with the 3S.

Yukari practiced the 3S-3Lo frequently during the 07-08 season - I think she also attempted it in a minor competition but I can't exactly remember - so I would presume that will be the combo. I love you
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:38 pm

clovera wrote:
I would also agree that it will be something with the 3S.

Yukari practiced the 3S-3Lo frequently during the 07-08 season - I think she also attempted it in a minor competition but I can't exactly remember - so I would presume that will be the combo. I love you

She did a 3S+3Lo at the 2007 Tokyo Regionals, but the 3Lo was downgraded.

Here's the link, if you want to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3xyptrY-QI
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Here's another article with lots of pics!
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/other/090813/oth0908131930009-n1.htm

Mao is indeed wearing heels! She looks so happy in many of these pics! Wub

But this is very interesting - she is doing "Bells of Moscow," her free program, but the way she is talking, it sounds like she is doing only *one* triple axel....? confused

That's interesting! But it makes sense since she probably wants to try a few more of those combos...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:02 am

press conference video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_JzFvELlGE flower

I can't wait to see her new Bells of Moscow program...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 am

So she is performing Bells of Moscow... I can't wait!

She might not perform this with all the elements that the TAT team has prepared for the other big competitions but at least she can test it out (and fine tune) it before using it for TEB and COR.

For us, we'll get to preview her FS. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 am

Thanks for the information everybody! I'm getting soo exited after all of these practise videos and news. I have a great feeling that 'Bells of Moscow' will be a fantastic program.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:26 am

I personally prefer her to perform her SP.
Mao usually looks very nervous on her first competition and especially at her SP so I wish she had a chance to try it before TEB.
But like SomiTriple Axel said, I also have a feeling that her LP will be a piece of art.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 am

^Maybe because she's already done Masquerade Waltz before it'll be easier on her this time. Bells of Moscow is the new one so better try it first before using it for her back-to-back GP events. I actually hoped before that she'll use the waltz for Japan Open rather than Bells. But now I'm excited to see her Bells of Moscow program and that we'll see it first instead of the waltz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:01 am

ddmm + roma:

The Japan Open have traditionally been a Free Skate-only event, unlike the Japan vs. US cheesefests that were held in '06 and '07. I love you
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 am

Thank you Clovera. I didn't know that.

Yes, I also hope Mao's more confident with her SP this year.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmm29vJYpy0&feature=sub JO clip about Mao) She looks stuning here, can someone translate it please? Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 pm

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmm29vJYpy0&feature=sub JO clip about Mao) She looks stuning here, can someone translate it please? Smile
It's finally on YT! Cheering

If you don't mind waiting a bit, Asya, I'll do the usual notes-esque translations of the dialogue and text.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:12 pm

clovera wrote:
polosatik wrote:
It's finally on YT! Cheering

If you don't mind waiting a bit, Asya, I'll do the usual notes-esque translations of the dialogue and text.
Of course I don't mind! Very Happy I can wait forever! Razz Thank you so much clovera!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Like a Star @ heaven www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmm29vJYpy0 Like a Star @ heaven

As usual with Japanese TV fluffs and TV spots, the beginning part is basically a rehash of statements we are all familiar with - I mainly translated the latter half of the show that included Mao's new interview. I love you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Begins with a quick recap of past JO's, explains what the JO is, incl. the fact that professional skaters also compete)

Narration constantly repeats that the JO will be one of the first events where a skater will debut their new competitive programs for the upcoming season. Razz

Skaters competing: Stephane Lambiel, Samuel Contesti, Sarah Meier, Laura Lepisto, Jeffrey Buttle, Evan Lysacek, Joannie Rochette, Mirai Nagasu, Takeshi Honda, Takahiko Kozuka, Yukari Nakano, and Mao Asada.

Guest skater: Shizuka Arakawa

Er, nothing particularly noteworthy during the skater introductions, as the narrator gives us the obligatory (usual) commentary, like Stephane's great spins or Laura winning '09 Euros. Wink

(from 5:20, JO Press Conference)
Takeshi: The Japan Open is the one event where I become a "competitor" every year; I've been part of the team twice in the past ('06, '08) and experienced winning both times. I hope to try my best and work with my teammates to win the Japan Open for the third time. If it was possible at all, I would like to try the quad again - that's the kind of mindset I have towards this event!

Kozu: ISU judges will be present during the event, and thus the first time my new programs will be seen [by them]. I'm personally curious to see how I'll be seen (scored) by the judges, and is also an opportunity to show what I have been practicing in competition. I will be doing my best and also cheer on my teammates.

Yukari: I'm delighted to be able to compete in the JO again. As everyone else has mentioned, this will also be my first event and a good opportunity to try new things out. I hope to not back down and give it my all; it's great to be part of this team again and aim for Japan's fourth straight win at this event.

Mao: The Japan Open is my first event this season and is something I myself am looking forward to. There are still many things I have to work on before the season officially begins, but I will try my best and win this competition along with my teammates. I hope for a good season.

(from 7:58 - short newly-released (?) clip of Mao back in June)

Interviewer: Have you learned any Russian phrases/words lately?
Mao: (In Russian) My name is Mao. Swoon

~More usual fluff~

(from 8:20, new Mao interview)

Mao: The music to my free program this season is very heavy and has a dignified feel to it. There's no particular story behind it, but I want to present it as a good piece [program], including the jumps.

(Narrator mentions that the media/public have not been given access to Mao's practice runs of her new programs with the music running in the background)

Mao: I never heard of the song before and even felt it was dull/ordinary at first. After hearing it many times and going over the choreography with Tatiana sensei, I developed an appreciation for the music's appeal and rhythm.

Narrator: "Bells" is an unusual choice of music in FS, but Coach Tarasova, who also choreographed the program, is confident.

Tat: Not everyone can skate to this music - it's very difficult for someone to properly "express" it. Mao, however, can. We have the Olympics this season and I think this music and program will excite the world.

(back to Mao in Russia during June)

Mao: The steps in the end are amazing and I personally like it, but I'm just as fond of the beginning and movements throughout as well.

(back to Mao's new interview)

Mao: This will be the first time I'll performing this program to the audience, and I'm excited; this is going to be my program for the Olympics so I hope everyone will enjoy watching it too. Yep!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much it! Yep!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Thank you clovera! Boogie Her russian sounds great!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh, gosh! I'm so excited!

Cheering

I can't wait!

Drama!

Is Japan Open airing live on television? Maybe I can watch it on KeyHoleTV (?). If so, can someone tell me the channel?

Razz

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:02 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Is Japan Open airing live on television? Maybe I can watch it on KeyHoleTV (?). If so, can someone tell me the channel?
It won't be live, but the broadcast will be on the same day of the event. Yep!

The official TV schedule won't be announced for at least one more week (JO traditionally finalizes them around 2 weeks prior to the event), but there's a tentative broadcast time set for Oct. 3, 7:00 - 9:00PM, Japan time. TV Tokyo is a major network, so Keyhole streaming should be no problem; there *may* be a higher-quality TV Ants stream as well, so it should be relatively easy to follow JO. cat
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks for translating clovera! flower

Well, I just got a new TV, and you can connect it to the internet and watch youtube videos right on the TV (without using a computer), so I just watched that clip, and it was really, really cool! Sweatdrop

Everyone looked so serious during the press conference, I was ROTFLMAO And I loved how Kozu brought up the "cheering for other people" part. Surely he'll be cheering on Mao will all his might. Hell, no!

I love how TAT said that not everyone can skate to this music, but Mao can! Thumbs up! (Ok, I guess that's a little confident/over-confident, but it just doesn't bother me the same way Brian Orser's uber-confident comments did. But perhaps that's just my Mao bias for you.)

I have this strange feeling that the very heavy/serious music will work extremely well with Mao's light, ethereal style. It could be like she's not skating to the music, she's transcending it. Like in the middle of a roiling, violent thunderstorm, an angel glides through the air, her light completely untouched by the darkness...

BUT, it might take Mao a little while to get there. Ganbare, team Japan!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks, clovera!

Batsuchan wrote:

I love how TAT said that not everyone can skate to this music, but Mao can! Thumbs up! (Ok, I guess that's a little confident/over-confident, but it just doesn't bother me the same way Brian Orser's uber-confident comments did. But perhaps that's just my Mao bias for you.)

I have this strange feeling that the very heavy/serious music will work extremely well with Mao's light, ethereal style. It could be like she's not skating to the music, she's transcending it. Like in the middle of a roiling, violent thunderstorm, an angel glides through the air, her light completely untouched by the darkness...

BUT, it might take Mao a little while to get there. Ganbare, team Japan!! Cheering
TAT has always struck me as the kind of strict, Russian teacher that, while loving and extremely fond of her exceptional students, will nevertheless always tell it like it is. I have the impression that if something isn't good or doesn't work, she won't shy away from saying so, which means praise from her really means something. So the way she is so confident that Mao is really able to express this music (did we hear her say something like this about her programs last year? I don't remember her saying anything like this) makes me think Mao really just becomes the music, maybe in exactly the way Batsuchan said! That's really interesting, what you said about the contrast between the heaviness of the music and lightness of her skating making her look transcendant...I can really picture that. The more I hear about this program, the more I start to think it will really work...especially when Mao herself says that she has the same worries some of us did (about the music being repetitive/boring), but that it really works for her.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm

clovera wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
It won't be live, but the broadcast will be on the same day of the event. Yep!

The official TV schedule won't be announced for at least one more week (JO traditionally finalizes them around 2 weeks prior to the event), but there's a tentative broadcast time set for Oct. 3, 7:00 - 9:00PM, Japan time. TV Tokyo is a major network, so Keyhole streaming should be no problem; there *may* be a higher-quality TV Ants stream as well, so it should be relatively easy to follow JO. cat

Thank you, clovera!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Cast:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/coi2009/cast.html

Mao Asada
Shizuka Arakawa
Miki Ando
Yukari Nakano
Daisuke Takahashi
Nobunari Oda
Takahiko Kozuka
Takeshi Honda
Sarah Meier
Laura Lepisto
Stephane Lambiel
Samuel Contesti
Joannie Rochette
Mirai Nagasu
Jeffrey Buttle
Evan Lysacek
Alexei Yagudin

I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 pm

I really like this group! Can't wait to see what everyone's programs are like!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2009 !!
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next