Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2009 !!

Go down 
+34
dangerous_angel_face
kawaiimao
Olive
Aibhlin
josling
Mirai
hastaluego06
maowataiyo
Oscilla
tianrushui
snowdrops24
summervie
Star85
inskate
Liffey
bellarina
polosatik
ddmm
SoMiTripleAxel
chiyori
maochan
roma
Okami
kirakira
MikiAndoFan#1
getmewild
jasmintea
MaoMaoRevolution
clovera
juliet
chineseteacup
coconut
Batsuchan
bibi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
sumin

sumin

Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

[quote="bibi"]
Quote :

I don't want her to have a childish program, but something that relates more her personnality would be better in my opinion.
What kind of a program would relate Mao?
Figure skater is an actor on the ice, so there should be some dramatical moments. Mao is not a little girl, she has grown, and her last performances reflected her maturity, beauty of skating.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 pm

sumin wrote:

Figure skater is an actor on the ice, so there should be some dramatical moments. Mao is not a little girl, she has grown, and her last performances reflected her maturity, beauty of skating.

I agree sumin, Mao is not a little girl anymore.

But she is an ethereal, graceful, light skater. Everything she does looks effortless. Unfortunately, that does not seem to fit the very heavy, plodding, ominous sound of 'Bells of Moscow,' in my opinion.

I know we have discussed music choices for Mao in other threads, but I thought of this song today--since it's dramatic and a bit melancholy, but still beautiful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5pkCRA5DgA

(And it's played by Joshua Bell, who played 'Fantasy for Violin & Orchestra'!)

But in my heart of hearts I'd love to see Mao skate to 'Swan Lake,' cliched though it may be. She'd just be a natural swan, I know it! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 am

[quote="sumin"]
bibi wrote:
Quote :

I don't want her to have a childish program, but something that relates more her personnality would be better in my opinion.

I agree that there can be dramatic moments depending on the program the skater chose to interpret. In the past, Mao seemed to have found programs (just as Nocturne, Fantaisie-Impromptu, Clair de lune, Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra, so deep is the night, caprice, por una cabeza) that matched her personality on the ice.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2009 !!
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15