Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2009 !!

Go down 
+34
dangerous_angel_face
kawaiimao
Olive
Aibhlin
josling
Mirai
hastaluego06
maowataiyo
Oscilla
tianrushui
snowdrops24
summervie
Star85
inskate
Liffey
bellarina
polosatik
ddmm
SoMiTripleAxel
chiyori
maochan
roma
Okami
kirakira
MikiAndoFan#1
getmewild
jasmintea
MaoMaoRevolution
clovera
juliet
chineseteacup
coconut
Batsuchan
bibi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
sumin

sumin

Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 am

polosatik wrote:

btw Welcome to the forum sumin! sunny It's suprising to see someone from Korea liking Mao Razz
Thank you. Love
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 am

Thank you so much for the photos, kirakira! They are gorgeous Mushy Love

sumin wrote:
I like Mao's new LP. Love Hearts It's so grandious , extravagant, that makes her different from other skaters. I doubt that she would win the Olympics if she skated of something lyrical, it wouldn't be so impressive as "Bells".

Welcome!! Smile Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 am

sumin wrote:
polosatik wrote:

btw Welcome to the forum sumin! sunny It's suprising to see someone from Korea liking Mao Razz
Thank you. Love
There were generous Korean fans who prepared that wonderful cake for Mao at last year's GPF. Wink Really, it goes both ways - there are Korean fans of Mao and Japanese fans of Yu-Na (although the warm-up brouhaha after 4CC obviously hurt her image there big time).

Anyways...welcome sumin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:15 am

Welcome to the forum, sumin!

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Sort of a riddle.

If you watch the "Bells" video, during the moments while Mao is standing with TAT in the very beginning, there happens something that kinda confused me and made me to experience a little cultural shock. WOW! Try to find what it is.
Smile

Edit: It is not related to Mao herself.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Article about Japan Open written by Jennifer Kirk.

http://trueslant.com/jenniferkirk/2009/10/05/top-skaters-take-tokyo/
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

sumin wrote:
summervie wrote:
[
안녕하세요, 수민! Welcome to the forum! Smile

안녕하세요. 반갑습니다. Smile
저는 비탈리 입니다. 만나서 반갑습니다! ^_^
Batsuchan wrote:

But am I panicking? NO WAY! I actually feel more sure that Mao will win the Olympics. [/b]Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_flower
Sometimes I think that Mao is way too good to win the Olympics. So probably is Yuna Kim. I wouldn't be very surprised if Rochette got on the top after all... Neutral
These days Olympics put way too enormous pressure on shoulders of the top contenders like Mao or Yuna (who have hopes only for gold and nothing else) to be anywhere close to objectivity. In this sense I see winning the Worlds as a more important achievement. The mental loads aren't as insane, the pressure is bearable... Not having as epic status as Olympics, Worlds happen to be a way more 'balanced' competition.
While I find it difficult to imagine how Mao should feel taking on the ice, while realizing that during the next 3-4 minutes the success/failure of her life-long dream will be determined... study

...Go Mao! Love Hearts

Last edited by summervie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Gosh I've been so busy! It looks like I'm being a lazy fan for putting up my review so late! But here it is:

Ok. Obviously, Mao didn't do her best. She can practically do those jumps in her sleep. But it was the first competition of the season, and no one does their best at the first competition of the season (although Joannie was pretty dang good. Gosh, she still has all season to improve. I wonder just how much she will improve...). This is actually the norm for Mao, so while I was dissapointed, I wasn't that surprised.

My biggest complaint was her music. I wasn't very happy about her music selection when I first her about it - it's not exactly one of my favorite pieces, and not something I thought really suited Maos' style... I thought she could turn it into something great, regardless, and blow me away. Well, I hate to say it, but I was not blown away Sad Although I can not really make the best evaluation of the program when Mao is having an off day... if she had skated the program at her best, I may have been very pleased. I still don't think I would care for the music any better though.

Her choreography didn't do as much for me as her other programs always do. Then again though, it may just be my mind playing tricks on me - sometimes when I don't like the music, I think that I don't like the choreography either, but when I think about it more, and try to picture the choreography with different music, I figure out that the choreography isn't actually that bad.

Although Masquerade grew on me last season, it still remained my least favorite Mao program. Well... I like Bells even less! Sad Maybe after I see her perform it better, it will grow on me too. But I don't like the fact that another one of Maos' programs will have to "grow" on me.

I DO think.... No. I KNOW that Mao will improve on this program in the season to come. I do still think that she will medal at the olympics. I still think she has a great chance to win the olympics. I do not think that this program will make things any easier on her though... I know she isn't going for easy, but it's the music, and possibly the choreography that I believe will make things (and critics) a bit more difficult on her.

I did like her dress. It looks like it was designed by the same person her made her caprice dress.

Is it just me, or did it look like Tat was arguing with someone when Mao was skating off the ice?

Are there any videos of Bebe? I can't find one. I heard she did really bad, and I was just currious to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Welcome Sumin, Have fun here Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 pm

summervie wrote:
Sort of a riddle.

If you watch the "Bells" video, during the moments while Mao is standing with TAT in the very beginning, there happens something that kinda confused me and made me to experience a little cultural shock. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 323704 Try to find what it is.
Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_smile

Edit: It is not related to Mao herself.
didn't find Sad !! What is it ? :O I'm curious Razz
Back to top Go down
sumin

sumin

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Thank you, everyone.
I am one of Mao's fan here in Korea. I like Mao's skating style, I like everything in her. Still think she is on the right way working with Tatiana. She has grown much during these two years. I could see her changes in spins and steps, and difficult jumps.
As for the choice of music. I loved Masquerade a lot and the new performance impressed me too.
As it is just the beginning of the season, Mao has some time to work on her jumps, but I think she is able to land all triples as she did on practice a month ago.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, sumin! 안녕하세요! 만나서 반갑습니다! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_flower

summervie wrote:

Sometimes I think that Mao is way too good to win the Olympics. So probably is Yuna Kim. I wouldn't be very surprised if Rochette got on the top after all... Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_neutral
These days Olympics put way too enormous pressure on shoulders of the top contenders like Mao or Yuna (who have hopes only for gold and nothing else) to be anywhere close to objectivity.

I totally agree. Which is why when I am feeling subversive, I think it might actually be good for Mao to miss the Grand Prix Final, so she will sort of fall out of the Olympic spotlight, which would fall on Yu-Na and Joannie (and Sasha?), and emerge as the victorious dark horse. Shizuka Arakawa never made it to the 2005 Grand Prix Final. And nor did Evan Lysacek last year, but he's now reigning World champ....Just a thought. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 570713

Having the Grand Prix Final in Tokyo is going to put HUGE pressure on Mao if she makes it. I don't know if I want her to be subjected to that pressure. They all want her to win like she did in 2005 so that they can give her a proper send-off to the Olympics in the way they weren't able to 4 years ago. As a result, if she doesn't win, it will be a crushing disappointment for Japan, but if she does win, I think pressure on her will be heavier than ever...sighhh.. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Kopfschuettel

I am definitely worried about Mao becoming mentally exhausted this season. Going through the huge down and ups of TEB and NHK last year, and then having to compete in the GPF in Yu-Na's home country - I think it left Mao exhausted by the time Nationals came around. I really don't want her to expend all her mental energy just trying to get into the Grand Prix Final/at the GPF when all I think she should really focus on is the Olympics...but that's just me.

Of course, I'd love Mao to just blow everyone away at each and every competition, but I can't be too greedy! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 338429
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Well, this may be a little bit off topic. One thing I am really curious about it how many blue long program dresses we will see from our lady skaters.Until now, Caroline Zhang and Joannie's dresses are blue. Mao's has blue on it. And I heard that Yuna's LP dress is sapphire. That would be interesting to see which blue is the luckiest one^^
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:43 am

But I think Mao will do well in homeland. So GPF will support much for Mao. I guess
Mao's show relates to what Mao eats! LOL
I mean she did not work well in the country which have different style of cuisine.
Japan and Korea have good meal for Mao and USA does not have something Mao like.
I don't know well about Europe.

And the other notice is that she will work well if she will not fly counter-clockwise to
any places like USA or Canada. That's why Japanese team pays a lot for Japanese dormitory
in Vancouver so that athletes esp. Mao can have a real Japanese meal and have a
good rest for competition not exhaust from jet-lag.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:00 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
But I think Mao will do well in homeland. So GPF will support much for Mao. I guess
Mao's show relates to what Mao eats! LOL
I mean she did not work well in the country which have different style of cuisine.
Japan and Korea have good meal for Mao and USA does not have something Mao like.
I don't know well about Europe.

And the other notice is that she will work well if she will not fly counter-clockwise to
any places like USA or Canada. That's why Japanese team pays a lot for Japanese dormitory
in Vancouver so that athletes esp. Mao can have a real Japanese meal and have a
good rest for competition not exhaust from jet-lag.
Mao said that she likes russian food more then japanese food Razz
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 am

Batsuchan wrote:

I totally agree. Which is why when I am feeling subversive, I think it might actually be good for Mao to miss the Grand Prix Final, so she will sort of fall out of the Olympic spotlight, which would fall on Yu-Na and Joannie (and Sasha?), and emerge as the victorious dark horse. Shizuka Arakawa never made it to the 2005 Grand Prix Final. And nor did Evan Lysacek last year, but he's now reigning World champ....Just a thought. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 570713

Having the Grand Prix Final in Tokyo is going to put HUGE pressure on Mao if she makes it. I don't know if I want her to be subjected to that pressure. They all want her to win like she did in 2005 so that they can give her a proper send-off to the Olympics in the way they weren't able to 4 years ago. As a result, if she doesn't win, it will be a crushing disappointment for Japan, but if she does win, I think pressure on her will be heavier than ever...sighhh.. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Kopfschuettel

Batsuchan, the more you mention Mao not making it to the GPF, the more the idea is starting to grow on me. As much as it might be a blow on Japan's skating esteem, it would really give Mao and break to come back stronger. And also like you mentioned, it's not something that has not been done before. I like to think of Shizuka's story when I think of Mao's story. Of course, they are two completely different skaters and people, but after this world championships, it reminds me of how Shizuka placed badly but came back to win the Olympics.

So, if Mao did not end up making the GPF and a lot of pressure was taken from her and put on her fellow competitors--I think that might be a blessed break for Mao. So, I won't worry too much about the results of this first half of the season, and concentrate on the results of the Japan Nationals.
I know I am probably repeating everything you have already mentioned, but it is all making sense in my own mind, now Yep!
Thank you!

Of course, whether Mao makes it or not I will support her wholeheatedly!
Cheering
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:11 am

If Mao misses the GPF, I am not sure if it will put less pressure on her.I bet the JSF will put even more pressure on her. I mean, look at what they said after she was off the podium at Worlds: someone from JSF said that Mao should score over 200 to beat Kim. Morever, the media (japanese and korean) always come to her with rude questions.
I'd prefer Mao to get to GPF (not necessarily win thought) so that she gets use to skate her programs in front of the audience (and fight her fear).
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Aren't Olympic spots assigned this year based on the results from the whole season..? I'm not sure if missing GPF is a good idea... Especially considering that the judges at Japanese Nationals are even stricter than in international competitions... Last season Mao lost SP to Yukari and LP to Fumie... Neutral

It seems almost surreal that JSF might not put Mao on the Olympic team, but they seem to stick to their rules even if common sense dictates doing something else (like sending Miki to Olympics despite the fact that her condition kept dropping, or not sending Kanako & Yukiko to Jr.Worlds, despite the fact that they consistently placed higher than other ladies and could count on much higher PCS in international competitions).
silent

That aside I found a supercute video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPnSAoEOog
That kitty sure likes figure skating! Thumbs up! And the pattern on its head is just like the back of Mao's Bell costume... Laugh
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:29 pm

inskate wrote:

I found a supercute video!
That kitty sure likes figure skating! Thumbs up! And the pattern on its head is just like the back of Mao's Bell costume... Laugh
Mao has a lot of fans! Even a kitty is her fan! Razz
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:29 pm

inskate wrote:

Aaww! So cute! My cat does that as well lol! I'll try to catch him on video!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

For, me it's Sure (well almost) that Mao will be sent to the olympics. I mean, she's a superstar of figure skating in japan, so I can't imagine that she'll not be sent to the olympics.

Oh my god, this cat is soooooo cute Smile !!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm

inskate wrote:
Aren't Olympic spots assigned this year based on the results from the whole season..? I'm not sure if missing GPF is a good idea... Especially considering that the judges at Japanese Nationals are even stricter than in international competitions... Last season Mao lost SP to Yukari and LP to Fumie... Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_neutral

It seems almost surreal that JSF might not put Mao on the Olympic team, but they seem to stick to their rules even if common sense dictates doing something else (like sending Miki to Olympics despite the fact that her condition kept dropping, or not sending Kanako & Yukiko to Jr.Worlds, despite the fact that they consistently placed higher than other ladies and could count on much higher PCS in international competitions).
Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_silent

That kitty sure likes figure skating! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 238895 And the pattern on its head is just like the back of Mao's Bell costume... Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 340889

Thanks for the vid inskate!! That is soo cute!! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_flower

I agree with bibi; there's no way that the JSF won't send Mao to the Olympics as long as she is healthy. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 92512

The latest I've read is that the JSF plans to send 1) the top finisher at the GPF and 2) the winner of Japan Nationals. Which means they can choose the last skater using whatever criteria they want. And given that the Japan Olympic Committee has given Mao a lot of money and made her a symbol athlete, I am sure they will push for Mao to go if they need to.

I feel so torn; as a Mao-fan, I'm usually inclined to have 100% faith in her and TAT, and I definitely want her to win (everything). But I agree with Jennifer Kirk (and other posters elsewhere) that 'Bells' doesn't suit Mao very well. This is the first time I've had difficulty believing in a Mao program. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Kopfschuettel

I will give it another shot at TEB, but I'm also bracing for the worst! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 570713
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Quote :
I feel so torn; as a Mao-fan, I'm usually inclined to have 100% faith in her and TAT, and I definitely want her to win (everything). But I agree with Jennifer Kirk (and other posters elsewhere) that 'Bells' doesn't suit Mao very well. This is the first time I've had difficulty believing in a Mao program. Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Kopfschuettel

I will give it another shot at TEB, but I'm also bracing for the worst! Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 570713
I feel absolutely the same Batsuchan. I don't know what else to say.. well, I've watched the program many times it has grown on me a little because I see that she's challenging herself and that she has certainly worked really hard on the choreography of this program. It really is a good program, but not for a skater like Mao I think. The only thing I find is it doesn't match her personnality. In every fluffs or interviews videos I watched, I found that Mao had a sweet and really nice personnality. I don't want her to have a childish program, but something that relates more her personnality would be better in my opinion.
However, I can't help myself, but I've always and I'll always believe in Mao no matter what program she skates to and which coach she is working with. Skating 4 time a week in a boot autographed by her doesn't help Wink She's just my favorite skater of all time and there is something about her that the others don't have and it fascinates me!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 pm

oops...double post Razz
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:43 pm

bibi wrote:

didn't find Sad !! What is it ? :O I'm curious Razz
I'm not sure if it would be ethical to point out/discuss this moment like this... so I guess I can't help here. Smile

Ok, it happens during a couple of seconds when Mao and TAT are shown a bit from above and there's a big portion of the rink is seen on the left. Sweatdrop
In Russia there's a saying: "What is good for a Russian, for a German can be death". Too sweet! What's a cultural shock for me, for someone else can be an issue of no particular significance. So... yeah, a riddle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Japan Open 2009 !! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2009 !!
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next