Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potential ladies 3A jumper

Go down 
+5
coconut
☆Genie
bibi
MikiAndoFan#1
zooma
9 posters

MEISSNER (USA)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap3%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
NAGASU (USA)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap10%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
FLATT (USA)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap7%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
MAXWELL (USA)
 3% [ 1 ]
ANDO (JPN)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap28%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 28% [ 8 ]
FUJISAWA (JPN)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap7%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
MURAKAMI (JPN)
 10% [ 3 ]
NISHINO (JPN)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap0%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NAKAMURA (JPN)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap0%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
SOTNIKOVA (RUS)
 3% [ 1 ]
TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)
Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_lcap17%Potential ladies 3A jumper Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
OTHERS
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
zooma

Potential ladies 3A jumper Empty
PostSubject: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Who attemptes and lands the 3A after Mao and Nakano Question This list includes skaters I've heard of practicing the 3A at least once.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:25 pm

I saw a Dreams on Ice 2008 fluff about Miki and she attempted a 3A, but she fell. But I believe she can do it in practices and that she'll try it someday in competition! Razz

Hmmm... I think Mirai, Yukiko and Kanako may land one some day.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:49 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I saw a Dreams on Ice 2008 fluff about Miki and she attempted a 3A, but she fell. But I believe she can do it in practices and that she'll try it someday in competition! Razz

Hmmm... I think Mirai, Yukiko and Kanako may land one some day.
I agree, but I think Kanako's double axel is way too much in round and could not become a triple. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 pm

A young japanese skater Smile. It's funny how many of triple axels come from Japan@
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:30 pm

I remember Mirai said that she is not really good at Axel because it took three years for her to be able to jump double axel. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbNUUIXFHE

Angela's practice looks good. cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9lCjeFkVX4
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Since there's Meissner in the list, I wonder why at the same time there's no Midori Ito. Smile

Some young Japanese perhaps. Most certainly not Miki Ando.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 am

Actually, I've seen Miki land a 3A and it looked effortless! I read (before the WTT) that Miki can land 3A in practices quite consistently and Nikolai Morozov wanted her to go for 3A in her program rather than try to land the quad.

But Miki didn't want to, she has a special place in her heart for the quad. Recently in a program a footage of Miki at the last Olympics was shown. After her disastrous LP some lady came to Miki and told her that it was exciting to watch her attempt 4S and wished her luck. Miki thanked the lady, and when she went away Miki sudennly jumped and, visibly excited almost to tears, said "I'm so glad I tried the quad!"

But, as much as quad is "special" for Miki, I think it's also very dangerous for her body.

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I saw a Dreams on Ice 2008 fluff about Miki and she attempted a 3A, but she fell.

MikiAndoFan#1, do you have that fluff? Or was it shown during the Dreams on Ice broadcast? I have the whole show taped, but I haven't watched the whole thing yet.

I'm glad Miki went for 3A in the practices. Maybe she listened to Nikolai and decided to try if she'll have more success with 3A than with 4S. I think it would be easier for her to rotate fully.

As for other girls... I heard that the young Russian lady who trains with Mishin (Tuktamysheva..?) is close to rotating 3A. We'll see if she manages to rotate and land it.
Kanako used to be quite close to rotating 3A, but her jumps got worse after her growth spurt. Now she has trouble rotating 3F and 3Lz, and even 3S occassionally.
I doubt Kimmie will get her 3A back. It was underrotated when she was at her best.

In general, I think it would be very difficult to get a consistent 3A for a lady who is already past her growth spurt and has not successfully landed 3A (at least in practices) or shown an exceptional jumping talent. In contrast to men, who often bloom as jumpers at a quite late age, the girls are more likely to lose the jumps as they get older. I think that probably all the greatest lady jumpers have shown great talent since they were young (Midori, Tonya, Miki, Mao), and many ladies who had great potential in their youth lost their jumps or got injured (Tara Lipinski, Naomi Nari Nam, Aki Sawada, etc.)

I think that in order to be able to land 3A, the ladies would have to go through years of off-ice training in order to properly develope their muscles (to help them rotate and to be able to land the jump without the risk of an injury).

It reminds me a bit of Nobunari's situation. He was said to be a spectacular jumping anti-talent when he was young - he was so thin and tiny his body was not well suited for jumping. He could not rotate 3A or quads for a long time. He injured his landing leg while trying to get 3A. He landed his first successful 3A just weeks before turning 18.
But he started going to gym and working on developing a stronger body. It took about 4 years, but eventually he is able to land 4T and 4-3-3 in practices quite consistently, which I hadn't think was possible with his body type. I wonder if some lady would be able to improve her jumping prowess in the same degree if she was willing to go through years of off-ice training... I'm unlikely to learn that, as the ladies usually don't want to become too muscular. A lot of people think it's not attractive for a lady to have too developed muscles.

In result, a lot of ladies attempt difficult jumps without appropriate preparation, just hoping to rotate it fast enough. And this causes many injuries.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:58 am

I know Flatt is trying. She mentioned at the end of last season that she was going to put 3A next season but she recently said that she's indeed practising but not ready yet to put it in her program. We'll see, she has another few months....
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:48 am

Okami wrote:
Actually, I've seen Miki land a 3A and it looked effortless! I read (before the WTT) that Miki can land 3A in practices quite consistently and Nikolai Morozov wanted her to go for 3A in her program rather than try to land the quad.

But Miki didn't want to, she has a special place in her heart for the quad. Recently in a program a footage of Miki at the last Olympics was shown. After her disastrous LP some lady came to Miki and told her that it was exciting to watch her attempt 4S and wished her luck. Miki thanked the lady, and when she went away Miki sudennly jumped and, visibly excited almost to tears, said "I'm so glad I tried the quad!"

But, as much as quad is "special" for Miki, I think it's also very dangerous for her body.

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I saw a Dreams on Ice 2008 fluff about Miki and she attempted a 3A, but she fell.

MikiAndoFan#1, do you have that fluff? Or was it shown during the Dreams on Ice broadcast? I have the whole show taped, but I haven't watched the whole thing yet.

I'm glad Miki went for 3A in the practices. Maybe she listened to Nikolai and decided to try if she'll have more success with 3A than with 4S. I think it would be easier for her to rotate fully.

As for other girls... I heard that the young Russian lady who trains with Mishin (Tuktamysheva..?) is close to rotating 3A. We'll see if she manages to rotate and land it.
Kanako used to be quite close to rotating 3A, but her jumps got worse after her growth spurt. Now she has trouble rotating 3F and 3Lz, and even 3S occassionally.
I doubt Kimmie will get her 3A back. It was underrotated when she was at her best.

In general, I think it would be very difficult to get a consistent 3A for a lady who is already past her growth spurt and has not successfully landed 3A (at least in practices) or shown an exceptional jumping talent. In contrast to men, who often bloom as jumpers at a quite late age, the girls are more likely to lose the jumps as they get older. I think that probably all the greatest lady jumpers have shown great talent since they were young (Midori, Tonya, Miki, Mao), and many ladies who had great potential in their youth lost their jumps or got injured (Tara Lipinski, Naomi Nari Nam, Aki Sawada, etc.)

I think that in order to be able to land 3A, the ladies would have to go through years of off-ice training in order to properly develope their muscles (to help them rotate and to be able to land the jump without the risk of an injury).

It reminds me a bit of Nobunari's situation. He was said to be a spectacular jumping anti-talent when he was young - he was so thin and tiny his body was not well suited for jumping. He could not rotate 3A or quads for a long time. He injured his landing leg while trying to get 3A. He landed his first successful 3A just weeks before turning 18.
But he started going to gym and working on developing a stronger body. It took about 4 years, but eventually he is able to land 4T and 4-3-3 in practices quite consistently, which I hadn't think was possible with his body type. I wonder if some lady would be able to improve her jumping prowess in the same degree if she was willing to go through years of off-ice training... I'm unlikely to learn that, as the ladies usually don't want to become too muscular. A lot of people think it's not attractive for a lady to have too developed muscles.

In result, a lot of ladies attempt difficult jumps without appropriate preparation, just hoping to rotate it fast enough. And this causes many injuries.

I saw the fluff on www.veoh.com. I don't have it in my computer, but here's the link: http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports_miscellaneous_sports/watch/v15587475wcPdmkDc
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Miki Ando landed 3A? REALLY? Wow. I'm genuinely impressed and surprised. I describe her axel as a rotatin g one, not much height, so my first impression was that Miki was incapable of performing a consistent and aesthetically appealing axel.
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks a lot, MikiAndoFan#1!

Pooping wrote:
Miki Ando landed 3A? REALLY? Wow. (...)

While her 2A is occassionally "heavy" and awkward-looking because of her reoccuring injury, I think it's pretty nice when she's on. It was fab at Worlds (in the LP, the first part of 2A-3T). When perfectly executed it has that nice, powerful quality, as if she didn't even try hard to launch it.

I'll try to find the clip where she landed a clean 3A. Might take a while though, as I have a horrible mess in my collection of figure skating clips. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Okami wrote:
Thanks a lot, MikiAndoFan#1!

You're welcome! Wink

Uhhh! I'm dying to see her clean 3A! Worship
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 am

I really think Tuktamisheva can land the 3A. If she gets it before or for her JGP eligibility in the 2010/2011 season, that would just awsome. She and Sotnikova look like strong contenders for the 2011 Junior Worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential ladies 3A jumper   Potential ladies 3A jumper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1