Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese National Championships 09

Go down 
+36
zakkan
supportmaoasada
Aibhlin
Haidogirl
will_power
summervie
SoMiTripleAxel
sweetdream
kaarolcia
e2girl
inskate
snowdrops24
kirakira
chiyori
Batsuchan
chapis
maochan
coolmeia
Oscilla
BowbowDaijin
bellarina
mingming
dimA
MaoMaoRevolution
MikiAndoFan#1
coconut
polosatik
maowataiyo
roma
clovera
chineseteacup
bibi
tianrushui
Star85
Liffey
☆Genie
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Really silly question...

Are Kanako and some other junior girls competing at the senior championships? Does this mean they are in the same position Mao was in the 2005: old enough to compete at the senior level nationally, but not old enough to make the Olympics?

Confetti 9 days!!! Confetti

Good luck! Mao!

ETA: Does anyone have a competition schedule for Nats? Thanks! flower
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Liffey wrote:
Really silly question...

Are Kanako and some other junior girls competing at the senior championships? Does this mean they are in the same position Mao was in the 2005: old enough to compete at the senior level nationally, but not old enough to make the Olympics?

Confetti 9 days!!! Confetti

Good luck! Mao!

I think the top3 in Junior Championship will be qualified to National Championship. And if I remember correctly, Kanako competed in last year's National Championship.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Liffey wrote:
Pretty much - 5 of the top finishers at this year's Jr. Nats will be invited this year, and this includes Kanako, Haruka, and Yukiko. I love you I'm not sure about the other two junior girls (Satoko Miyahara and Kako Tomotaki) but Kanako and Yukiko are, as you said Liffey, in the same position as Mao was 4 years ago. I'm positive Fuji TV is going to incessantly mention this whenever it's their turn to skate. Who, me?

ETA: Looks like Satoko Miyahara withdrew and was replaced with Karen Kemanai, who was 6th at Jr. Nats. Shocked
--------------------------------------------------------------
Fuji TV updated their broadcast schedule (JST):
Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 25th (Fri):
11:00PM~12:00AM Men's SP

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 26th (Sat):
7:00PM~9:09PM Ladies' SP
11:25PM~12:40AM Men's FS

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 27th (Sun):
7:00PM~9:24PM Ladies' FS

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 28th (Mon):
7:00PM~8:54PM Medalist on Ice 2009
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Thank you both for your explanations, and thank you again to clovera for the Nats schedule. sunny I still can't believe this starts next week! Faint2
Back to top Go down
dimA

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 am

clovera wrote:
Liffey wrote:
Pretty much - 5 of the top finishers at this year's Jr. Nats will be invited this year, and this includes Kanako, Haruka, and Yukiko. I love you I'm not sure about the other two junior girls (Satoko Miyahara and Kako Tomotaki) but Kanako and Yukiko are, as you said Liffey, in the same position as Mao was 4 years ago. I'm positive Fuji TV is going to incessantly mention this whenever it's their turn to skate. Who, me?

ETA: Looks like Satoko Miyahara withdrew and was replaced with Karen Kemanai, who was 6th at Jr. Nats. Shocked
--------------------------------------------------------------
Fuji TV updated their broadcast schedule (JST):
Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 25th (Fri):
11:00PM~12:00AM Men's SP

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 26th (Sat):
7:00PM~9:09PM Ladies' SP
11:25PM~12:40AM Men's FS

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 27th (Sun):
7:00PM~9:24PM Ladies' FS

Like a Star @ heaven Dec. 28th (Mon):
7:00PM~8:54PM Medalist on Ice 2009

thank you for the schedule.Any link for Fuji tv?
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 am

Here is the link for Fuji TV. It doesn't have English page...
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/figure-japan2009/index.html
Back to top Go down
dimA

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

mingming wrote:
Here is the link for Fuji TV. It doesn't have English page...
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/sports/skate/figure-japan2009/index.html

thanks, but where can i watch the channel?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

dimA wrote:
clovera wrote:
KeyHole TV
TVAnts
cat
Don't forget to calculate the schedule I posted above in relation to your local time zone and you're set! I love you
KeyHole is the better choice when it comes to FujiTV; TVAnts' feed for that channel has been dead for quite a while now. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
dimA

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:32 pm

clovera wrote:
dimA wrote:
clovera wrote:
KeyHole TV
TVAnts
cat
Don't forget to calculate the schedule I posted above in relation to your local time zone and you're set! I love you
KeyHole is the better choice when it comes to FujiTV; TVAnts' feed for that channel has been dead for quite a while now. Sweatdrop

thanks for the info.I tried Keyhole but i cant see any Fujitv in the list of channels.Everybody gets the same list or maybe i get different list?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 pm

dimA wrote:
thanks for the info.I tried Keyhole but i cant see any Fujitv in the list of channels.Everybody gets the same list or maybe i get different list?
Most of the channels on KeyHoleTV are written in Japanese, that's why. Very Happy Look for フジテレビ, dimA (station #246 on the KeyHole WATCH list). cat
Back to top Go down
dimA

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:29 am

clovera wrote:
dimA wrote:
Most of the channels on KeyHoleTV are written in Japanese, that's why. Very Happy Look for フジテレビ, dimA (station #246 on the KeyHole WATCH list). cat

oh,you're right, now i got it!!!!!! Thank you! for your trouble.I'm just waiting so much to see Mao!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:50 am

I'm back from work!

I was misunderstood about what dimA said. Sorry,dimA Embarassed
And to clovera...I actually didn't know about KeyHole TV nor TVAnts Whirly
Thank you for your help! Woot!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks everyone for the info!! Watching Mao skate will make my Christmas perfect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:22 am

I watched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6mQ3NSPg8
and it seems clear that Mao will be one of the three who will go to Vancouver.

Though Japanese team gave importance to Japan National Champion so much.
Since last year they changed rule for 3 representatives.
One who made the best rank in GrandPrix Final
--- plan A for Mao, but unfortunately, this profit belongs to Ando Miki
One who made the best rank in Japan National Championship
--- plan B for Mao, if no Ando anymore, this will belong to Mao but if she missed

yeah they have plan C
The team will choose from anyone who perhaps second rank in JNC or second rank
in GrandPrix Final (this will be Akiko) or the one who in 1-2-3 World Ranking!
and of course, Mao is now 3rd rank in World Ranking. So I think if she cannot
win JNC, she will still be chosen by this condition too.

And in Male Skaters, it is surely that 1-2-3 will be Oda, Takahashi and Kozuka
because I see none who can compete with other skaters from other country. So
they will pick Takahashi or Kozuka who get 2nd rank in JNC and pick Takahashi
or Kozuka, though he cannot get 3rd rank in JNC by use world ranking or GrandPrix
Final's result to claim.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:14 am

I think Fuji TV does a preview for Nationals every year. Did they do it this year?

cat
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:51 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I think Fuji TV does a preview for Nationals every year. Did they do it this year?
There's a whole list of them according to their website for Nats, but it looks like the one on Wednesday (Dec 23, 2:05PM-3:00PM JST) will the be the most comprehensive preview. I love you
I've checked the other preview clips on KeyHole but they are all under 10 minutes and generously uploaded by maoisno1fairy1 for those who are interested. Yep!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 pm

clovera wrote:
There's a whole list of them according to their website for Nats, but it looks like the one on Wednesday (Dec 23, 2:05PM-3:00PM JST) will the be the most comprehensive preview. I love you
I've checked the other preview clips on KeyHole but they are all under 10 minutes and generously uploaded by maoisno1fairy1 for those who are interested. Yep!

Thank you, clovera! But I was talking about a video that I think Fuji TV does every year before Nationals, 4CC, Worlds, etc. Like the footage in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwkWQqFbq0.

Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Is it just me or do the men's SP and FS seem to be held unusually late at night? Shocked
The ladies events seem a little late, too, but not nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:07 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Thank you, clovera! But I was talking about a video that I think Fuji TV does every year before Nationals, 4CC, Worlds, etc. Like the footage in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwkWQqFbq0.
I would think it's either going to show up in the extended preview this Wednesday, or as an "opening sequence" to the actual Nats broadcast as it usually is for Fuji TV. cat

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Is it just me or do the men's SP and FS seem to be held unusually late at night? Shocked
The ladies events seem a little late, too, but not nearly as much.
The actual competition takes place at an earlier time. Fuji TV is gunning for big ratings - at least for the ladies - so they moved up the broadcast schedule to prime time while the men are ignored and shoved back as it has been for the past few years. Sweatdrop There's a reason why Fuji TV and the Japanese media are continuously mentioning how Mao "has to win" Nats to make the Olympic team. Expecting good, honest sports coverage from them and TV Asahi is a hopeless request IMO.

In a way it's highly ironic, because NHK and their no-nonsense live coverage of the NHK Trophy capture excellent ratings without resorting to petty time block manipulation, unnecessary flashbacks to past competitions, and/or misleading captions (e.g., "Mao will be skating next!!" when there are two skaters before her) à la TV Asahi/Fuji TV. I do appreciate the effort they put into fluffs though. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:00 am

clovera wrote:
The actual competition takes place at an earlier time. Fuji TV is gunning for big ratings - at least for the ladies - so they moved up the broadcast schedule to prime time while the men are ignored and shoved back as it has been for the past few years. Sweatdrop
Thank you for clarifying! That explains a lot...

Oh well, the results will be online real-time somewhere I'm sure (I hope)...and they'd better have some good fluff--they had plenty of time to make it Laugh
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Typical Fuji TV always wanting bigger ratings.
I guess we'll just have to wait unless fancams come up.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Today's extended Nats preview ended with practically zero new material, except for this (I haven't checked the latest Dream Lab episodes so it may not be new, however):
Like a Star @ heaven Mao mentioning how she is putting special effort on the takeoff for the 3A, and finding the right "timing" Like a Star @ heaven

Ganbare Mao-chan! Boogie
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 am

I can't wait! I'm so excited!

Drama!

Good luck to all!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 am

Some fluffs: Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4T6EIRCiI - Daisuke & Nobunari. Nice clips with Nobunari working with Japanese pantomime performers to improve his Chaplin program.

Miki & Nobunari practicing in Hanamaki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzoPwJPuXhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tJKt-PIxLY
Saddly the cutest clip, with young children reacting to Nobunari's program (and Miki landing a great 3-3), was removed. Sad
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 am

Another fluff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ffeqp3OZ0&feature=sub

Mao lands a 3T+3T! But the second jump looks underrotated.

Good luck, Mao!

Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese National Championships 09
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next