Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter Olympics 2010

Go down 
+51
sunnygirl
Bravura
e2girl
jirachiness
mika
mitsuno
gagul_love
MissAero
sumin
BowbowDaijin
Liffey
sky
F.
coconut
supportmaoasada
bibi
coolmeia
cera
summervie
Star85
sofia
Oscilla
roma
inskate
sapphiresky
maowataiyo
snowdrops24
bellarina
Aibhlin
chineseteacup
illani
chiyori
Maya
ddmm
kirakira
tianrushui
Liffey58
Batsuchan
MaoMaoRevolution
josling
clasic888
chapis
aoi88
mingming
dlnnyc
kaarolcia
clovera
☆Genie
polosatik
Haidogirl
MikiAndoFan#1
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 am

Oh Mao, you took my breath away!! Cheering Confetti Cheering

So many things to say...too tired to say them all! Laugh But I have to agree with what many have said that the important thing is that she skated well, and that she is less than 5 points behind, within striking distance. Yep!

(Oh yes, and that little point that she made history with the 3A...yet again!)

Scott...is an idiot. Very Mad Sorry, but I can't look at it any other way. It was bad enough listening to him and Sandra as they worshipped Yu-Na during the program, but that stuff in the late night broadcast! That remark about revolutions in the 3-3 vs. 3A-2 was beyond stupid, but even worse was when he said how superior Yu-Na was in all the non-jump elements, including (and I am paraphrasing here) how wonderful her flexibility was in her spirals. Does the man have eyes?

So sorry for the rant, truly. Razz Overall I'm in a good mood tonight, in spite of my least favorite commentators, and I really did think Yu-Na skated very well also, even if I obviously prefer Mao. And I'm so excited for the LP! cheers

Last edited by illani on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
sky

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:19 am

Thank you, ddmm.

>"Yu-Na Kim is way too far ahead. I don't agree with that," said Stojko. "She skated great. Don't get me wrong, she's awesome. But for Mao to do an awesome triple Axel like that, a triple [Axel] is worth way more than a triple Lutz, triple toe."

I agree with him.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 am

Hehehe oh Elvis.

He and Sasha Cohen did a livechat on a website (NBC?) and commentated live through the chat room during the ladies SP. Viewers could also write in during that time.

Elvis wasn't shy to voice his opinions, similar to that in the article.

A lot of people supported his opinions, some didn't. What really made me laugh was someone saying during the chat "jeeezz...Elvis, you need to take a chill pill" and he replied "Chill pill? I don't take drugs..." ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 am

Woah, I just finished watching the ladies SP on NBC. I'm so happy for Mao. As she complete her 3A, I know that it's fully rotate although I'm not the expert Smile. Good for her. IMO, I think Yuna and Joannie are overscore. After I see her skate, I knew that the judges are going to put her in 1st and I have no problem with that, but I can't believe that performance is almost 5 points over Mao program.

I'm really really happy that Miki did go for 3-3. To bad that it got downgrade but I took my hat off her. I think it's good that she go for it so she will not regret no matter what the outcome are.

Congratulations to both Mao and Miki!
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 am

Quote :
Scott...is an idiot. Sorry, but I can't look at it any other way. It was bad enough listening to him and Sandra as they worshipped Yu-Na during the program

I know. Did you notice while Miki in kiss and cry area, he sound like really mad and unhappy that Miki will get credit for her 3-3. But the Miki SP scores is even not appear yet. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 am

Oh btw, has you guy also feel this or it's just me. I think that Mao is looking more beautiful tonight than before right! I don't know, I just feel so look so sparkles, her face, her skin, everything is so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 am

I only saw Mao's SP. (Mao=Goddess!!!) but there's slim chance I'll ever see other skaters' performances.

I'm almost done with figure skating. Judges' shameless favoritism and outrageously ridiculous scoring really made me want to give up on figure skating for good recently. (After men's competition I was glad I was not a figure skating fan anymore)

But there's Mao. The genius with the greatest talent I've ever seen and true heart of gold. Mao is the only reason I can't completely ignore this sport like most of the people in the world do.

Mao was dazzling and I believe Mao can win OG on Thursday but I feel already bored and somewhat disgusted to check other skaters' SP performances and match them with so-called judges' scores.

Congrats Mao! I knew you'd show us fantastic and epoch-making SP!
SOOOOOOOO proud of you. Words can't describe!
Back to top Go down
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:40 am

jirachiness wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:
Mao has to do perfect in FS to earn GOLD medal and Yu-na has to miss 1 jump.
If not Mao cannot win because judges love Yu-na.

sad but true. though i have not given up hope...

me too, I will keep my finger cross for Mao!
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:28 am

illani wrote:

Scott...is an idiot. Very Mad Sorry, but I can't look at it any other way. It was bad enough listening to him and Sandra as they worshipped Yu-Na during the program, but that stuff in the late night broadcast! That remark about revolutions in the 3-3 vs. 3A-2 was beyond stupid, but even worse was when he said how superior Yu-Na was in all the non-jump elements, including (and I am paraphrasing here) how wonderful her flexibility was in her spirals. Does the man have eyes?

OMG. That's crazy...
I totally miss Dick Button now. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:42 am

Mia wrote:
I only saw Mao's SP. (Mao=Goddess!!!) but there's slim chance I'll ever see other skaters' performances.

I'm almost done with figure skating. Judges' shameless favoritism and outrageously ridiculous scoring really made me want to give up on figure skating for good recently. (After men's competition I was glad I was not a figure skating fan anymore)

But there's Mao. The genius with the greatest talent I've ever seen and true heart of gold. Mao is the only reason I can't completely ignore this sport like most of the people in the world do.

Mao was dazzling and I believe Mao can win OG on Thursday but I feel already bored and somewhat disgusted to check other skaters' SP performances and match them with so-called judges' scores.

Congrats Mao! I knew you'd show us fantastic and epoch-making SP!
SOOOOOOOO proud of you. Words can't describe!

Thank you! Mia for posting this. I feel exactly the same way. The day Mao will retire from competitions, that's the day, I'll stop watching figure skating competitions. No hope with these stupid judges and ISU. They'll regret one day.. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
kiki

kiki

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 am

Mao was amazing
I'm so happy for her Confetti
Back to top Go down
gagul_love

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:01 am

"Yu-Na Kim is way too far ahead. I don't agree with that," said Stojko. "She skated great. Don't get me wrong, she's awesome. But for Mao to do an awesome triple Axel like that, a triple [Axel] is worth way more than a triple Lutz, triple toe."

As bigger Yuna fan than Mao, I agree with this. Change should be made and axel should be worth lot more, not just little more. If Yuna should be awarded for excellent jump, it should be as a bonus (GOE), not higher base value.

Quote :
I really don't like how this new system is being applied, rewarding rather mediocre interpretation. Kim's 007 plays on flirty/seductive movements and is in my view, not Art.
Haha, o wow. Isn't it enough that 'art' of skating involves excellence in expression, in Yuna's case, the seductive/enchanting/bad girl image of a Bond Girl? But you're right, we should just not allow skaters to express anything other than more 'artistic' interpretations, how dare skaters flirt on ice, or dance hip hop as in Daisuke Takahashi's case some time ago!
Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 am

Quote:

Quote :
Haha, o wow. Isn't it enough that 'art' of skating involves excellence in expression, in Yuna's case, the seductive/enchanting/bad girl image of a Bond Girl? But you're right, we should just not allow skaters to express anything other than more 'artistic' interpretations, how dare skaters flirt on ice, or dance hip hop as in Daisuke Takahashi's case some time ago!

ummm/// did you read what I said?
I never said one cannot be seductive in a program. I also never said Takahashi's hip hop interpretation is not art. There is likewise a small disclaimer in my comment - "in my view". Which part of that did you not understand?

-------

https://maoasada.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=628
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Winter Olympics 2010 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics 2010
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40