Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yuzuru Hanyu

Go down 
+35
bibi
silenceisgolden
inskate
polosatik
ElleluvsL
ballerinamao
roma
babayaga
shikure
koala_lover
purplemaze
sweetdream
Haidogirl
Alokya
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
4u4a
princessinpink
FatiniAdlina
chelseamarie
ddmm
Mia
klarification
kaarolcia
Figure_skating_love
Spacey
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
☆Genie
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
kawaiimao
kirakira
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:45 pm

bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbzWsbjE1Ns

This video shows how Yuzuru is training with Orser. He said he chose to train with Orser because he wanted to master 2 kinds of quad. Looking at Finlandia, I think Yuzu did the right choice to move to Canada. Very impressed.

But I wonder how Javier thinks about this. Is it common that your rival skater has the same coach ?
At Fin trophy Javier treated Yuzuru like a small brother ,it was very cute! So I think maybe if it was patrick Chan it would not work, but Javier is very warm hearted guy)))
oh please...you could have said it another way. Why bring Patrick Chan in such a negative way just to say that Javier is a nice guy (which a totally approuve!). I've met Patrick twice and each time he was very nice and warm, he stayed to give autographs after every practices and he would not live unless everyone got their autographs. He was smiling and very polite. I just don't get why many people on this forum are so negative about Patrick. You may not like his skating, that's fine. But We can not judge anyone unless we know them personnally. I'm not saying I know him, I don't. but I'm not going to say anything negative about him because I don't know him.
Anyway, I've also met Javier and Yuzu at GPF and they were very sweet too Smile
Where I said Patrick is a bad person? I put him as an example because I think for him it would be very difficult to train with his rival. Plushy and Yagudin are also a good example, they couldn't work together but their both are good people.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 am

Uh... cool down gurlz. I think we just have a misunderstanding here.

Quote :
So I think maybe if it was patrick Chan it would not work, but Javier is very warm hearted guy)))
Polosatik, maybe its because of the phrase that followed -- sort of implying PC isn't a warmhearted or nice person.

---

Anyway, Yuzu getting injured on top of his asthma isn't good. Team Orser should look into this carefully. His health is more important than getting medals right now because if he injures himself more it might have even more drastic results later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

What? affraid I knew he sprained his ankle before or during the worlds, but not this. Wouldn't it be better if he took time off to heal? Why risk it and compete now, when the injury can become much worse and it could force him to miss out on Sochi. No

ddmm wrote:
But I wonder how Javier thinks about this. Is it common that your rival skater has the same coach ?

I don't think there will be any problems as long as Brian will give his attention to both of them equaly and not make any favourites.

I think Yuzuru decided to compete this season because his injury is very difficult to cure completely. Even if he took this season off, from what I've heard his ankle won't get that better anyway. He may have to go on skating with it for a very long time either ways. He's getting better and better at his skating and jumps last season and now, so he probably didn't want to take a break not just now over anything. But he's mentioned in an article that he will try his best without putting too much pressure on his ankle as much as he can. I hope he made the right choice... Sad

But honestly, seeing the way he collapsed on the ice after finishing his FP at Finlandia made me worried. First I thought it was because of his asthma, but maybe his ankle had hurt him alot as well. Plus although he said he'll be cautious about his ankle, I couldn't feel he was doing that while he was performing. Some of his landings around the middle of the pro when he did combos weren't flexible and didn't have much flow...I hope that it wasn't because he felt pain. Yep, Sadly

Btw, I too think it's okay for rivals to have the same coach as long as he or she treats her skaters equally. It's up to the coaches rather than the skaters how to manage things well in such cases IMO. But certain skaters do feel uncomfortable in these situations; note how Dai decided to leave Morozov when he became Nobu's coach at the same time. I can't blame Dai for that because Morozov approached Nobu not the other way around, plus he didn't discuss it with Dai beforehand if it was okay with him or not. I kind of have the feeling that Pattie would want a coach for himself only too, not because I don't think he's not a nice guy or something like that, but because he's definitely one of the top skaters on the list right now for Sochi gold, so he would prefer a coach who can make the most time for him. bibi, I'm sorry for making jokes about Pattie's personalitly in the past, but after seeing him master those quads so quickly over the past seasons, I've really become to appreciate him as an athlete. Besides, I thought about it and came to a conclusion that if Pattie wasn't a nice guy in person, he never would've become so popular amongst the judges. Plus when he was in Jpn for JO, he was very friendly towards Dai! So I know how some of us had negative images for Pattie in the past, but I have a feeling that's changing. I remember clearly that polosatik was one of the first members here who said she might become a fan of his eversince Pattie started jumping those spectacular quads. And I still call him Pattie just because it's more cute and shorter to type, that's all. He also got a tremendously loud applause when he entered the rink at JO; although he's probabaly Dai's most toughest rival ever, many of us respect him in Jpn to say the least. Hoping he'll be in better condition than JO once GPS begins! Yep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 am

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbzWsbjE1Ns

This video shows how Yuzuru is training with Orser. He said he chose to train with Orser because he wanted to master 2 kinds of quad. Looking at Finlandia, I think Yuzu did the right choice to move to Canada. Very impressed.

At Fin trophy Javier treated Yuzuru like a small brother ,it was very cute! So I think maybe if it was patrick Chan it would not work, but Javier is very warm hearted guy)))
oh please...you could have said it another way. Why bring Patrick Chan in such a negative way just to say that Javier is a nice guy (which a totally approuve!). I've met Patrick twice and each time he was very nice and warm, he stayed to give autographs after every practices and he would not live unless everyone got their autographs. He was smiling and very polite. I just don't get why many people on this forum are so negative about Patrick. You may not like his skating, that's fine. But We can not judge anyone unless we know them personnally. I'm not saying I know him, I don't. but I'm not going to say anything negative about him because I don't know him.
Anyway, I've also met Javier and Yuzu at GPF and they were very sweet too Smile
Where I said Patrick is a bad person? I put him as an example because I think for him it would be very difficult to train with his rival. Plushy and Yagudin are also a good example, they couldn't work together but their both are good people.
Sorry, I might have jumped into conclusions too fast. I have to remember that english is not our native language. Training with rivals is a good thing I think. Of course it might depends on the kind of person the skater is. But I think it's the best solution for many skaters, look at the dance teams in Detroit. They push each other because they see the improvement in the other team so they feel like they HAVE to be better than them Razz Patrick trains in Colorado Spring where there are many other strong men. Of course they are not close rivals to Patrick, but he once said that he likes to train with them because it is motivating him to jump quads and they are also friends of the ice and they do activities over the week-end.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

What? affraid I knew he sprained his ankle before or during the worlds, but not this. Wouldn't it be better if he took time off to heal? Why risk it and compete now, when the injury can become much worse and it could force him to miss out on Sochi. No

ddmm wrote:

I don't think there will be any problems as long as Brian will give his attention to both of them equaly and not make any favourites.

I think Yuzuru decided to compete this season because his injury is very difficult to cure completely. Even if he took this season off, from what I've heard his ankle won't get that better anyway. He may have to go on skating with it for a very long time either ways. He's getting better and better at his skating and jumps last season and now, so he probably didn't want to take a break not just now over anything. But he's mentioned in an article that he will try his best without putting too much pressure on his ankle as much as he can. I hope he made the right choice... Sad

But honestly, seeing the way he collapsed on the ice after finishing his FP at Finlandia made me worried. First I thought it was because of his asthma, but maybe his ankle had hurt him alot as well. Plus although he said he'll be cautious about his ankle, I couldn't feel he was doing that while he was performing. Some of his landings around the middle of the pro when he did combos weren't flexible and didn't have much flow...I hope that it wasn't because he felt pain. Yep, Sadly

Btw, I too think it's okay for rivals to have the same coach as long as he or she treats her skaters equally. It's up to the coaches rather than the skaters how to manage things well in such cases IMO. But certain skaters do feel uncomfortable in these situations; note how Dai decided to leave Morozov when he became Nobu's coach at the same time. I can't blame Dai for that because Morozov approached Nobu not the other way around, plus he didn't discuss it with Dai beforehand if it was okay with him or not. I kind of have the feeling that Pattie would want a coach for himself only too, not because I don't think he's not a nice guy or something like that, but because he's definitely one of the top skaters on the list right now for Sochi gold, so he would prefer a coach who can make the most time for him. bibi, I'm sorry for making jokes about Pattie's personalitly in the past, but after seeing him master those quads so quickly over the past seasons, I've really become to appreciate him as an athlete. Besides, I thought about it and came to a conclusion that if Pattie wasn't a nice guy in person, he never would've become so popular amongst the judges. Plus when he was in Jpn for JO, he was very friendly towards Dai! So I know how some of us had negative images for Pattie in the past, but I have a feeling that's changing. I remember clearly that polosatik was one of the first members here who said she might become a fan of his eversince Pattie started jumping those spectacular quads. And I still call him Pattie just because it's more cute and shorter to type, that's all. He also got a tremendously loud applause when he entered the rink at JO; although he's probabaly Dai's most toughest rival ever, many of us respect him in Jpn to say the least. Hoping he'll be in better condition than JO once GPS begins! Yep!

Yes, he seems to get along very well with the japanese guys ! Smile He is also often invited for ice shows in Japan. I also hope he can regain his confidence for the GPS ! And I kind of can understand you, when you said you had first a bad impression about him, because I do sometime have that impression for some other skaters, but we just have to keep it for ourselves Razz I'm very glad that you think Patrick's negative image on this forum is changing, because I don't think he deserves this Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:03 am

That' my fault bibi, I phrased it wrong No Anyway, since last year my respect to Patrick grew a lot, and the one who we need to blame are ISU and judges, Patrick have nothing to do with that. If you remember, I stood up for him after medal ceremony in Nice, he really didn't deserve that kind of treatment.
By saing Javier is warm-hearted guy, I mean sometimes, it's just my feeling, he is too kind. I don't know how to phrase it, but an athlete has to be competitive, Javier to me is like male version of Kanako, bubbly , cheerful, loves everyone and he's not that serious about his results.
Kayo, I knew about Yuzuru's injury and I'm worried a lot Sad he can't stop , he always overworks himself, my only hope is Brian. He was the one who helped Yuna to gain her confidence and teached her to be happy skater, she had many injuries also because of overworking.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 am

Oh my! I never thought that Yuzuru was injured. And jumping 2 quads with an injured leg affraid Ok he's decided to compete this year but what about the Sochi year ? I hope he won't end up saying that he has to give it up!

I am glad to hear that Yuzuru and Javier are getting along. Having the same coach doesn't always work I am sure but I guess Orser is doing a good job here. flower
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 am

polosatik wrote:
That' my fault bibi, I phrased it wrong No Anyway, since last year my respect to Patrick grew a lot, and the one who we need to blame are ISU and judges, Patrick have nothing to do with that. If you remember, I stood up for him after medal ceremony in Nice, he really didn't deserve that kind of treatment.
By saing Javier is warm-hearted guy, I mean sometimes, it's just my feeling, he is too kind. I don't know how to phrase it, but an athlete has to be competitive, Javier to me is like male version of Kanako, bubbly , cheerful, loves everyone and he's not that serious about his results.
Kayo, I knew about Yuzuru's injury and I'm worried a lot Sad he can't stop , he always overworks himself, my only hope is Brian. He was the one who helped Yuna to gain her confidence and teached her to be happy skater, she had many injuries also because of overworking.

I agree and I do wish there was an oportunity at the medal ceremony where the ISU could get booed without pulling the skaters in as well. Patrick didn't deserve that, I agree, no athlete does for that matter, but it's hard to separate the athlete and ISU's unfair judging, when the said athlete (in the past) wasn't very modest in his interviews. Hopefully his mentality has changed and he'll think before speaking.

I wonder how much Skate Canada is to blame for Patricks situation as well, I mean, it's hard to imagine that the judges woke up one morning and decide to insanely overscore Patrick from now on...

I agree with you about Javi, he reminds me of Alissa Scizny, she's so nice even wishing good luck to other competitors. I think an american comentator (don't remember who it was ) once said that she's too nice for competition.

About Yuzu, if he doesn't spend too much time in Toronto there's nothing Brian can do. I remember his philosophy from Yuna's time was "less is more" and in Yuzu's case this couldn't be more true. He needs to understand that overworking himself is the worst thing he can do. It sucks when skaters make such an improvement like Yuzu has done over the summer only to be plagued by injuries. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 am

polosatik wrote:
Oh, I understand better what you wanted to say now! Sorry again for the misunderstood! And it's true, I remember what happened in Nice, and I thought it was totally disrespectful. As you did, we should all stand up against that kind of bad attitude from fans. It's just immature and I think it might have ruined Patrick's moment on the podium. as well as Dai and Yuzu's moment because they would feel uncomfortable... These athletes have work their whole life for this moment, so this is just so innapropriate to be booing like this during the medal ceremony!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:13 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I agree and I do wish there was an oportunity at the medal ceremony where the ISU could get booed without pulling the skaters in as well. Patrick didn't deserve that, I agree, no athlete does for that matter, but it's hard to separate the athlete and ISU's unfair judging, when the said athlete (in the past) wasn't very modest in his interviews. Hopefully his mentality has changed and he'll think before speaking.

I wonder how much Skate Canada is to blame for Patricks situation as well, I mean, it's hard to imagine that the judges woke up one morning and decide to insanely overscore Patrick from now on...

I agree with you about Javi, he reminds me of Alissa Scizny, she's so nice even wishing good luck to other competitors. I think an american comentator (don't remember who it was ) once said that she's too nice for competition.

About Yuzu, if he doesn't spend too much time in Toronto there's nothing Brian can do. I remember his philosophy from Yuna's time was "less is more" and in Yuzu's case this couldn't be more true. He needs to understand that overworking himself is the worst thing he can do. It sucks when skaters make such an improvement like Yuzu has done over the summer only to be plagued by injuries. Depressed Crying

Ditto! I actually hate the custom of having have to applauding for the judges when each of them are introduced to the audience before a competition starts. They only tell you their names and which countries they're from, and you have no idea how they'll judge the skaters. They might as well introduce them after a competition is over, and then the audience will have a chance to cheer and let them know we respected their scoring, or we can boo at them and show them we're not satisfied. In this way, nobody will have to boo at the skaters who aren't guilty of anything. Twisted Evil

This is just my impression, but Pattie becoming the judges favorite might have alot to do with their close connection with Lori Nichol. I can't help feeling that Pattie's scores started going up eversince she formally became his coach. I've always admired Lori's choreo, but after hearing Pattie comment on tv that 'Lori always puts in a good word about me to the judges' (maybe not the exact phrase but something like that), I became pretty sure my impression was correct. And I'm sorry to say that I'm not that fond of Lori eversince...I don't think it's a good thing for coaches and choreographers to have friendly relationships. Judges aren't machines...they're human enough just like us to be influenced by being friends with certain coaches and choreographers IMO. I know that the FS world is a small one where mostly everyone knows eachother...but it's not fair for skaters who have coaches and choreographers who aren't that close to the judges. Yep, Sadly

Btw, I'm starting to get influenced by all of your opinions that Yuzuru should take it more easy this season, or maybe even passed it...it seems expectations are going waaay too high for him not only in Jpn:

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-NVRLiJQbxs[/youtube]

This is going to make Yuzuru push himself into working harder during the season, I'm afraid. I still hope though that Orser will make him understand that Yuzuru has many years ahead of him, so he shouldn't over do it this season. Although I will be rooting for Yuzuru, it may not be good for him to win too much this season. There were alot of skaters who won lots of competitions when they're young, resulting in practicing more and more harder and getting injured which lead to early retirement. Hate it when that happens! I think if he manages this season and next season pretty well, Yuzuru will probabaly get a ticket to Sochi, but I even think it's too early for him to medal there. He should target the Olys after Sochi. However great he's doing now, he's still very young. I'd rather see the podium at Sochi with Dai, Pattie and Plush (whatever order) on it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Quote :
I still hope though that Orser will make him understand that Yuzuru has many years ahead of him, so he shouldn't over do it this season. Although I will be rooting for Yuzuru, it may not be good for him to win too much this season. There were alot of skaters who won lots of competitions when they're young, resulting in practicing more and more harder and getting injured which lead to early retirement.

I really hope so. I hope Orser-sensei and Javier-nii-san look after Yuzuru-kun. The way he collapsed on ice after the Finladia trophy FS worried me a lot. pale

That also reminds of Tara Lipinski, Alexei Yagudin, and Sergei Grinkov. Yagudin had a knee injury and had to retired early (and Plushy reaps the benefit), while Grinkow died of a heart attack. Tara retired because she won the 1998 Olympics, but I read before that she has injuries due to overworking the muscle she uses to do 3Lo-3Lo.

I also don't know much about the attitude of athletes, but I agree about respecting them and not judging them based on their choreographers, scores, and nationality. They are athletes who have overcome and have sacrificed so much to be where they are, and that's something not everyone can do.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:20 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
This is just my impression, but Pattie becoming the judges favorite might have alot to do with their close connection with Lori Nichol. I can't help feeling that Pattie's scores started going up eversince she formally became his coach. I've always admired Lori's choreo, but after hearing Pattie comment on tv that 'Lori always puts in a good word about me to the judges' (maybe not the exact phrase but something like that), I became pretty sure my impression was correct. And I'm sorry to say that I'm not that fond of Lori eversince..

I didn't know about this. Shocked maybe I'm naive, but isn't this against the rules, to put a good word for someone to the judges, I mean it's like you're trying to influence them. Suspect

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Btw, I'm starting to get influenced by all of your opinions that Yuzuru should take it more easy this season, or maybe even passed it... I still hope though that Orser will make him understand that Yuzuru has many years ahead of him, so he shouldn't over do it this season.

Yes, I'd much prefer if he skipped the GP and only go to 4CC and worlds if he has to compete. I think he's most ineterested in the olympics, imo, it would be best to try and get healed as much as possible instead of overworking himself.
As I said before, I don't think Brian can do much if Yuzu is in Japan training on his own. Do you happen to know how much time does Yuzu spend in Toronto?

Abdiel wrote:
That also reminds of Tara Lipinski, Alexei Yagudin, and Sergei Grinkov. Yagudin had a knee injury and had to retired early (and Plushy reaps the benefit), while Grinkow died of a heart attack. Tara retired because she won the 1998 Olympics, but I read before that she has injuries due to overworking the muscle she uses to do 3Lo-3Lo.

I think both Tara and Alexei had a hip injury, which forced them to end their careers.

Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
This is just my impression, but Pattie becoming the judges favorite might have alot to do with their close connection with Lori Nichol. I can't help feeling that Pattie's scores started going up eversince she formally became his coach. I've always admired Lori's choreo, but after hearing Pattie comment on tv that 'Lori always puts in a good word about me to the judges' (maybe not the exact phrase but something like that), I became pretty sure my impression was correct. And I'm sorry to say that I'm not that fond of Lori eversince..

I didn't know about this. Shocked maybe I'm naive, but isn't this against the rules, to put a good word for someone to the judges, I mean it's like you're trying to influence them. Suspect

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Btw, I'm starting to get influenced by all of your opinions that Yuzuru should take it more easy this season, or maybe even passed it... I still hope though that Orser will make him understand that Yuzuru has many years ahead of him, so he shouldn't over do it this season.

Yes, I'd much prefer if he skipped the GP and only go to 4CC and worlds if he has to compete. I think he's most ineterested in the olympics, imo, it would be best to try and get healed as much as possible instead of overworking himself.
As I said before, I don't think Brian can do much if Yuzu is in Japan training on his own. Do you happen to know how much time does Yuzu spend in Toronto?

Abdiel wrote:

I think both Tara and Alexei had a hip injury, which forced them to end their careers.

I can't find it anymore, but I saw Pattie saying that's what Lori does for him in an interview on YT with my own eyes. Many of us in Jpn were shocked by this video because if a Japanese skater had said the same thing about their coach, he or she and the coach would've been bashed to bits! But the interviewer didn't seem to have a problem with it, so I think there's no rule prohibiting these kinds of relationships between coaches and judges. If there was, I'm sure Pattie wouldn't have mentioned it either. It's probabaly something that goes on in the daily figure skating world; but of course I don't like it and I think ISU should prohibit at least their judges from having friendly relations with coaches, choreographers and skaters.

Now about Yuzuru, you might want to take a look at this:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121019&content_id=39929628&vkey=ice_news

From this interview, I think it's more than clear that Yuzuru had been pushing himself into doing too much at the same time. Orser says Yuzuru had a 'little injury' because of that and I think he's talking about the ankle injury, which according to a book titled "蒼い炎 (Aoi Honoh = Blue Fire)" written by Yuzuru himself (or maybe his ghost writer...) after last season, the injury isn't as 'little' as Orser says. I think we all know by now that Orser is really good at handling the media. Even if his skaters were in bad condition, he wouldn't say it out loud cause it might influence the judges. I'm not being ironic here. I think Orser is playing the game very wisely, and I truely wish Japanese coaches would learn a thing or two from his tactics on promoting his skaters. In anycase, it seems Yuzuru can be quite stubborn sometimes up to a dangerous point, so I hope people around him would watch out for him (I think the same can be said for Mao, too). Yuzuru's SP in SA was simply fascinating, I'm glad he got to be in 1st place yes, but even after delivering such a brilliant performance, he seemed so exhausted and couldn't smile right away. Compare how Takahiko was right after he finished skating, and it's obvious that Yuzuru does have breathing problems, maybe pains in his ankle, plus he hasn't physically grown up completely yet. To me he still looks very fragile. Hope that 95 score doesn't push him into thinking he should go on working hard to the extreme.

And speaking of Yag...Yuzuru should keep in mind that he's most likely to be just about the only person in the world who can go on skating with an artificial hip joint. If you over do things too much, lots of athletes get injured and it's bye-bye forever in any sport. No

PS:Yuzuru was interviewed after his SP by one of Jpn's major newspapers...
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121020-00000060-mai-spo
And it says he was very calm about breaking Dai's world record, and said he doesn't want to think about it much, but try to keep control of himself until the competition is over. Plus, he said "It was after I landed the 4T and finished the 2 spins that I felt '(the real game) starts from here'...".
I think his comment shows that his top priority was to have enough stamina to skate through the whole pro...this worries me about his FP alot. I hope some genius doctor would come up with a complete cure for asthma soon! Drama!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for the interview Pochi.

I hope his condition problems are just part of the early season. No skater is at his/her best this early, and to add Yuzu's asthma, hopefully the Cricket team will manage him well and make him very well prepared later on in the season.
I also hope Brian will manage to convince him in his "sometimes less is more" philosophy. I like it how he's handling the media and i agree, i wish that japanese coaches would take a course with him on this subject. Yep!
Back to top Go down
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 am

sth amusing that i found while looking at youtube

it's quite a while back, yuzu and kano dancing to maru maru during worlds 2012 gala practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaaaOKwBzo

i know that there was a link to a video from another angle, but i dont rmb this being shared, so i thought i will share with you guys. Sorry if it has been posted before!

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am

koala_lover wrote:
sth amusing that i found while looking at youtube

it's quite a while back, yuzu and kano dancing to maru maru during worlds 2012 gala practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaaaOKwBzo

i know that there was a link to a video from another angle, but i dont rmb this being shared, so i thought i will share with you guys. Sorry if it has been posted before!

Thanks for sharing this, I haven't seen it before. They're so cute. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5djBbHdVY9g

has anyone posted this yet? it's a good documentary on yuzuru's move to canada. brian orser is a very, very, very good coach. can anyone comment on the accuracy of the english translations? i feel like i can't trust the translations!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 8:26 am

I love this documentary, even though i couldn't understand a word of what Yuzu said the first time I saw it.
Thanx for posting this with translation, swan! Thank you! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
helen91

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:17 am

Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 am

I love Yuzuru portraying Romeo. I also see his posture is improving.Encore 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yuzuru Hanyu
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5