Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some great movies you've watched recently?

Go down 
+11
Luckyone
Batsuchan
chelseamarie
clovera
inskate
bellarina
klarification
mingming
Star85
chineseteacup
aoi88
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are some great movies you've watched recently?    What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Adam Rippon tweeted earlier that he just saw Black Swan and that it was "perfect". Makes me want to watch it also. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What are some great movies you've watched recently?    What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

I recently saw both Battle LA and Skyline, two movies about aliens attacking LA. Skyline was WAY better. It's a lot on the order of Cloverfield, except it's not one of those movies that looks like it's supposed to be shot on one of the character's home video.

Does anyone else think that a lot of the new action movies focus way more on action scenes and special effects than they used to?... I'm finding that a lot of movies are becoming more like this, and the dialog, and story are being minimized. I like a good action scene, but a good action movie is not a good action movie without a good storyline IMO (nor is ANY type of movie for that matter). This is exactly why I like Skyline so much more than Battle LA. Both movies had good acting, but Skyline was more what I was hoping for. Battle LA was just minimal plot, and the rest was pretty much just "bang, bang, boom!". If you like alien movies, or if you liked Cloverfield, you should really like Skyline.

Oh, I finally saw Black Swan. The movie does start a little slow, and I was worried for a minute that I might have been a sucker for all the hype, and I was going to be disappointed. But it picked up, and I LOVED it. I'm actually planning on buying it - something I rarely do. And the last 20 minutes or so of the movie was brilliant! I have a feeling that not all people would get this movie like I do, and I have watching so much figure skating to thank for that. I got the symbolism, and the artistry of the whole thing, but I'm really not sure I would have if I weren't so into figure skating.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: What are some great movies you've watched recently?    What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Star85 wrote:

Does anyone else think that a lot of the new action movies focus way more on action scenes and special effects than they used to?... I'm finding that a lot of movies are becoming more like this, and the dialog, and story are being minimized. I like a good action scene, but a good action movie is not a good action movie without a good storyline IMO (nor is ANY type of movie for that matter).

ITA.
About the special effects, I find it really, really weird that the industry is going gaga for 3D... TBH, I don't wanna pay more for something just so I could watch something that is so "real life-like." If they want more realistic films, then maybe they should hire better actors eh?

Star85 wrote:
Oh, I finally saw Black Swan. The movie does start a little slow, and I was worried for a minute that I might have been a sucker for all the hype, and I was going to be disappointed. But it picked up, and I LOVED it. I'm actually planning on buying it - something I rarely do. And the last 20 minutes or so of the movie was brilliant! I have a feeling that not all people would get this movie like I do, and I have watching so much figure skating to thank for that. I got the symbolism, and the artistry of the whole thing, but I'm really not sure I would have if I weren't so into figure skating.

Wow, Star I just watched Black Swan yesterday! I do like it, it's horrifying in a way I never thought it would be and Natalie Portman really owned that movie. And I found out that one of its inspirations is the movie "The Red Shoes" which is about ballet too so maybe you guys can check it out if you found Black Swan entertaining.

Speaking of Black Swan, after watching it yesterday I had a dream that Mao was wearing her LP Masquerade costume and skating to the music of Swan Lake. It was supposed to be ominous, but while she was skating, my friends and I were playing monopoly. scratch

Anyway, since we are on the topic of movies, I just watched The Social Network today and boy oh boy, watching Mark Zuckerburg's rise to success as exaggerated dramatized in the film is sure worth all the hype. Mark there is so anti-protagonist, I guess his arrogance can get on your nerves but he's also not a bad guy. Well, I think you should watch the film for yourselves so you would know about the "humble" origins of Facebook.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: What are some great movies you've watched recently?    What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 pm

The King's Speech! I've watched it twice already.

It made me laugh, cry and feel so warm inside! I loved Colin Firth in it, but also loved Geoffrey Rush (who played the doctor). I loved the Doctor's character- one of those people who you would want as your own doctor. It's a simple story, but it's really quite amazing and inspiring- which explains all those Oscars!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some great movies you've watched recently?    What are some great movies you've watched recently?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some great movies you've watched recently?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2