Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!

Go down 
+76
kitty
Yunamao
apple4me
Alina
~*AAA*~
Haidogirl
periperi
itcaip
MaoChan756
KariDebate
dlynndao
jkblues
i♥MAO
beppu
maofan93
Okami
Alokya
Spacey
tianrushui
josling
gurami
bibi
swan
theicemarks
kaarolcia
yuki
MikiAndoFan#1
Lady_in_black
maochan
chiyori
will_power
femariel
inspiration*
kawaiimao
sapphiresky
europeanfan
iceskatingfan
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
SpecialK
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
dlnnyc
tilitom
Jtsmith1
ericacsy
polosatik
jirachiness
bellarina
maowataiyo
klarification
linglang
snowdrops24
kirakira
sweetdream
alyssa
inskate
Pandorina
sky
chineseteacup
clovera
ballerinamao
Ken Himura
mingming
Mao_Asada_sunrise
illani
Dani-Chan
Star85
PochinkoPotanko
coconut
aoi88
BowbowDaijin
roma
Batsuchan
purplemaze
☆Genie
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 am

linglang wrote:
Mao's new comment about worlds.

浅田真央(中京大学)
「今、日本はとても大変な状況の時ですが、世界選手権の開催が決定しましたので、日本代表選手として、
自分の力を出し切る目標を持って頑張ります。一日も早い被災地の復興を願っています。
そして、日本に元気を与えられる様な良い演技をしたいと思います。」

Although Japan is in extremely difficult time, since it's been officially announced that the world championships will be held, I will do my best with a goal of exerting all my strength, as a member of team Japan. I sincerely hope the earliest possible recovery of the affected areas. I’m determined to deliver good performances that will help lift the spirits of people in Japan.

(Source: IMG website)

Mao's words are so sweet as usual. Many Hearts I'll cheer her and the rest of the Japanese team at Worlds! Cheering

jkblues wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
jkblues wrote:
how do you vote? just writing the name?

You need to register for a FSU account first and then you'll see the poll.

thanks, i just needed to confrim from my email account to finish the regristration.
but it seems like the votation is closed or something.

The voting must be still going on because Yuna's votes just shot up so quickly in one day!

Last edited by aoi88 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:12 am

KariDebate wrote:
alyssa wrote:
I think next season Mao should stick to Lori, or perhaps have someone new for one of her programs, like Kenji. Tat could keep choreographing her EX. Perfect team. Very Happy

i want yuka sato to choreograph mao...that would literally be a dream....and then maybe someone like stephane lambiel

I personally want the guy who did Jeremy's SP this season for Mao's SP, Camerlengo for her FP, Kenji Miyamoto or Tat for her EX. Lori creates good pros which matches Mao's way of skating, but I think she should try out new choreographers as much as possible to find the best one for Sochi. cat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:34 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
KariDebate wrote:
alyssa wrote:
I think next season Mao should stick to Lori, or perhaps have someone new for one of her programs, like Kenji. Tat could keep choreographing her EX. Perfect team. Very Happy

i want yuka sato to choreograph mao...that would literally be a dream....and then maybe someone like stephane lambiel

I personally want the guy who did Jeremy's SP this season for Mao's SP, Camerlengo for her FP, Kenji Miyamoto or Tat for her EX. Lori creates good pros which matches Mao's way of skating, but I think she should try out new choreographers as much as possible to find the best one for Sochi. cat

I just found out that Camerlengo was the one who did Alyssa's LP this season, which is wonderful. I think Kenji Miyamoto could do a great Japanese-inspired program for Mao. However, I secretly wish that Mao could work with Sandra Bezic. I know people on this board don't like her as a commentator (myself included) but she has done some amazing choreography. She was responsible for Kurt Browning classic Casablanca program and her partnership with Lu Chen was just magical. In my opinion, her works and Lori's (at her peak) were really second to none.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 am

aoi88
I actually had an account on FSU - but I forgot the password -_
Tried to create a new account yesterday - but I haven't yet received the activation email!
Strange coz the first time I registered - it came along within few minutes! scratch

Well - Yuna is on the way to win this poll!
FSU is known for being a Yuna realm anyway - I wanted to vote for Mao and Shizuka (who at the time I saw it - had 0 votes Neutral)... Sad
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 pm

I just saw this article on Japan Today... Mao is the only athlete on the list. I think everyone else are actresses or singers/idols/tarento. Yay Mao! Very Happy

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/mao-asada-reclaims-top-spot-on-image-survey

Mao Asada reclaims top spot in image survey

Sunday 27th March, 04:00 AM JST

TOKYO —

Figure skater Mao Asada holds the No. 1 spot in terms of popularity, recognition and image, according to Video Research Ltd, which has published the findings of its Celebrity
Image Survey.

The company, which specializes in TV audience ratings research, published a similar survey in August of last year in which Asada came second. This year she climbs to the No. 1 spot for the first time in two years. Yuki Amami dropped a spot to No. 2 on the list. Dreams Come True, otherwise known as Miwa Yoshida, holds on to the No. 3 spot, which she now shares with Becky who has climbed one place after coming fourth last year.

Here are the top 10.

1. Mao Asada
2. Yuki Amami
3. Becky
3. Dreams Come True
5. Miho Kanno
6. Haruka Ayase
7. Nanako Matsushima
8. Aya Ueto
9. Sayuri Yoshinaga
10. Yukie Nakama
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:07 pm

wooow soo cool, it really shows how loved mao....
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks Hotaru!
Mao is Japan's national treasure! Go Mao!!!Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Wow! Go Mao! Boogie

Although I can't say that I am too surprised since Mao consistently gets high ranks when it comes to image surveys these recent years. She got voted as Best Teen Role Model, Most Popular Personality for Camera Ads, Most Popular Female TV Personality, Athlete of the Year, etcetera. In fact I remember her being the most favored Japanese Celebrity in Korea (with Yuna being the most favored in Japan).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:38 pm

is there still no specific news about mao, I really miss her.. it's been a long time since we last saw some practice of mao, or had any news about her raining, I would really love to know how she is preparing for the upcoming world championships... and if she is going to do more changes... any nnews would actually be nice sigh... anyway hope the silence means that she is practicing without any interruptions...
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Hotaru wrote:
I just saw this article on Japan Today... Mao is the only athlete on the list. I think everyone else are actresses or singers/idols/tarento. Yay Mao! Very Happy

http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/mao-asada-reclaims-top-spot-on-image-survey

TOKYO —

Figure skater Mao Asada holds the No. 1 spot in terms of popularity, recognition and image, according to Video Research Ltd, which has published the findings of its Celebrity
Image Survey.

The company, which specializes in TV audience ratings research, published a similar survey in August of last year in which Asada came second. This year she climbs to the No. 1 spot for the first time in two years. Yuki Amami dropped a spot to No. 2 on the list. Dreams Come True, otherwise known as Miwa Yoshida, holds on to the No. 3 spot, which she now shares with Becky who has climbed one place after coming fourth last year.

Here are the top 10.

1. Mao Asada
2. Yuki Amami
3. Becky
3. Dreams Come True
5. Miho Kanno
6. Haruka Ayase
7. Nanako Matsushima
8. Aya Ueto
9. Sayuri Yoshinaga
10. Yukie Nakama

Go Mao!!! I am certain Mao will be first in other popularity surveys by 2011 because of the hard work and good attitude she's been showing all these years. I think Ichiro Suzuki is a great man (and I have a big time crush on him) but I just want Mao to be the most popular athlete in all all newspaper polls!!! I can't believe Mao didn't top the last one. And I can't wait for worlds. I know that the ladies and men are more determined than ever to give their best performances after the recent tragedy.

And readers of this forum who are in japan, you are all in our prayers!!!
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 am

0O
lack of news making me nervous...

We got some Yuna news - she is great!
Now some Mao training news would make me happy! Very Happy

I am hoping - they are working on her jumps and her SP!...
I was so bored that I decided to watch Mao and Miki again at 4cc!

I tried my best to like Mao's SP...
But am sorry - It might be the second pro of Mao I might dislike...(after her masqueradeFP)
Unless she works on it - It won't reap her huge marks!
The SP seriously lacks conviction! pale
Mao is beautiful but the music just doesn't inspire her at all!
The make-up!!!!!! Give the girl a mascara someone! Surprised
She has to make an impact!

The FP is perfect! - She has to secure her jumps and increase her speed just a wee bit!

Miki was awesome! Yep!
Real contender unless the judges go bonkers while giving Yuna marks!
Judges love Yuna and they try ther best to secure her place on the podium!...
Its always her SP alone which gets huge marks -
This year - if Miki does her 3-3 - She should deserve high marks in her SP and FP!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:08 am

Mao's sp at Artistry on ice, except the jumps was very expressive. So I guess she just need the time to actually feel it in competition. make-up was great at J nationals,dress at 4cc, we'll see a perfect combo of it at WC! Can't wait! Razz
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 am

tilitom wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

TOKYO —

Image Survey.

Here are the top 10.

1. Mao Asada
2. Yuki Amami
3. Becky
3. Dreams Come True
5. Miho Kanno
6. Haruka Ayase
7. Nanako Matsushima
8. Aya Ueto
9. Sayuri Yoshinaga
10. Yukie Nakama

Go Mao!!! I am certain Mao will be first in other popularity surveys by 2011 because of the hard work and good attitude she's been showing all these years. I think Ichiro Suzuki is a great man (and I have a big time crush on him) but I just want Mao to be the most popular athlete in all all newspaper polls!!! I can't believe Mao didn't top the last one. And I can't wait for worlds. I know that the ladies and men are more determined than ever to give their best performances after the recent tragedy.

And readers of this forum who are in japan, you are all in our prayers!!!

I can't believe none of our men skaters are in the top 20 for the guys list! Dai is so loved here, alot of my male friends are fond of him too. I guess it's because he doesn't appear in much commercials so not many people get to see him on tv unless they watch cometitions. Ichiro is a great guy, and I can't believe he's not in 1st place but a cheap comedian called Sanma Akashiya is! And Ryo Ishikawa is still amongst the top 10! He hasn't been doing so well in golf (boring sport!) but why is he always in these rankings? Plus he hasn't seem to have donated anything to the damaged areas yet. Okay, I don't know if Mao has either, but he makes much much more money than Mao, trust me! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Artists from Pixiv seem to like giving Mao bunny ears:

Bunneh!

Bunneh!

Bunneh!

Edit: Deleted my original post and moved it to Worlds Thread, where it's more appropriate! Wink
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Razz Super cute, klarification!!!

I like the first one the best! But what does "ishimatarajanaio" mean?! I get what setsubun is...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 pm

They don't really look like Mao, but the dresses do. And they're really cute!

-------

http://www.maoasadaforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1021
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season! - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40