Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov

Go down 
+15
Lady_in_black
sumin
ballerinamao
tilitom
bibi
PochinkoPotanko
BowbowDaijin
Figure_skating_love
polosatik
europeanfan
ddmm
clovera
Haidogirl
kaarolcia
Dani-Chan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:17 am

ddmm wrote:
3 japanese girls at the GPF ! WOW

But none of them is Mao. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:17 am

Miki had the higher TES, while Akiko had better PCS. Sounds right to me. Yep!
Congratulations to Miki, Akiko and Ashley! The top 3 did really well today.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 am

ddmm I love your new avatar! Many Hearts

ddmm wrote:

Yea I know. (I just wish Mao would be there too. Sad ) But congrats to the medalists. Oh, I am kinda glad Tomas Verner won over Patrick here. Very Happy I heard that both Patrick and Yuzuru zayaked? Is it the Oda influence? geek

Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:24 am

And again 2 more medals for team Japan! Its unbelievable in every event the jap. skater bring medals! Confetti

And 3 of the ladies in the GPF? Wow, then it might be a hard fight for the spot to the worlds i think! Is it like last year to the olympics? Like the one who finishes best in the GPF may go already?
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:34 am

aoi88 wrote:

ddmm I love your new avatar! Many Hearts

ddmm wrote:

Yea I know. (I just wish Mao would be there too. Sad ) But congrats to the medalists. Oh, I am kinda glad Tomas Verner won over Patrick here. Very Happy I heard that both Patrick and Yuzuru zayaked? Is it the Oda influence? geek

Thanks aoi88. He is handsome flower

Yeah...no Mao.... Depressed Crying But I hope she performs well at TEB. Ladies are not that exciting to watch when Mao is not there.

I'm another one who's SUPER happy that BIG MOUTH ended 2nd Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Congrat to VERNER !!!! yay!!!!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:39 am

Yaay! We got to see the ladies' competition live this time on TV in Japan! And our girls made 1st and 2nd! :joker:

I liked Akiko's performance a little more than Miki's this time, but 5 jumps in the latter half is more than convincing, I have no complaints about the rankings. Obviously Miki was in pain, but she did well. She's become such a strong skater mentally. She seems to be able to adjust to any kind of condition now and fully perform in any case. I hope Mao can be like that soon. Smile

I'm also happy that Ashley made the podium. It feels like it's been a while since I saw her make it. Confetti

But I feel low about Macarova...I expected much more from her this season. I hope she gets better by the end. Yep, Sadly But I quite enjoyed watching Biryukova. I think she has potential, and will be looking forward to her future performances. Cheering

I noticed that Nagakubo sent Akiko out onto the rink with a smile again. That's one of the main reasons I like Nagakubo and Akiko. To be honest, I think I haven't seen Mao smiling before a performance in a long long time...I know there's more pressure on her shoulders compared to Akiko, but I wish she'd manage to get her smile back. She used to smile alot before she started a performance when she was little. I miss that. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:40 am

aoi88 wrote:
The Japanese men all seem to go through it at least once in their competitive career (save Kozu).
As for PatC, well...maybe Tono's ancestors swooped in for some supernatural intervention after the farce at Skate Chanada? geek
The judges would have given PatC the win at Rostelecom after all if it wasn't for the extra combo. Sweatdrop

Haidogirl wrote:
And 3 of the ladies in the GPF? Wow, then it might be a hard fight for the spot to the worlds i think! Is it like last year to the olympics? Like the one who finishes best in the GPF may go already?
Not exactly. The guidelines for selecting the team for Worlds is still pretty similar but there's no automatic spot given to the top finisher at GPF this time.
The guidelines are as follows:

1) GP + GPF performance
2) Makes the podium at Nats
3) ISU Rank

Past placements at Worlds are also considered. I'll be repeating what I already said at the General News thread, but as long as Mao skates well at Nats and makes the podium, she'll be fine.
We'll finally see Mao skate again next week! Swoon
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I noticed that Nagakubo sent Akiko out onto the rink with a smile again. That's one of the main reasons I like Nagakubo and Akiko. To be honest, I think I haven't seen Mao smiling before a performance in a long long time...I know there's more pressure on her shoulders compared to Akiko, but I wish she'd manage to get her smile back. She used to smile alot before she started a performance when she was little. I miss that. Crying or Very sad

I also think one factor is because Akiko is a survivor. She endured a painful personal journey (as I'd imagine for anyone who had an eating disorder) and now she has come out stronger. Her past experiences also become a source of inspiration for her to prove herself on the ice. I think once Mao endures through her struggles, she can have that sense of strength again. But I'm with you in that I really want to see Mao smile again and I don't want her to overwork herself. Yep, Sadly Btw, Pochi, did you read my recent PM. (It sort of addresses similar issues Smile ).
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 am

aoi88 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I also think one factor is because Akiko is a survivor. She endured a painful personal journey (as I'd imagine for anyone who had an eating disorder) and now she has come out stronger. Her past experiences also become a source of inspiration for her to prove herself on the ice. I think once Mao endures through her struggles, she can have that sense of strength again. But I'm with you in that I really want to see Mao smile again and I don't want her to overwork herself. Yep, Sadly Btw, Pochi, did you read my recent PM. (It sort of addresses similar issues Smile ).

Yeah, Akiko is a bit special in that sense. You can always feel how much she appreciates just being back on the ice. I hope Mao can be like that someday. But Mao is much youner than Akiko. I guess you need more experience to reach that state of mind. That's one of the other reasons I think it's good for Mao to be entering competitions while she's still fixing her jumps btw. Mao's always been in the top group, at almost every age, in almost every competition she ever entered. So it's painful to watch, but it might be a good experience for her to see what it's like to be otherwise. Miki had some bad times in the past, but she's grown to be a very mentally strong person because of them. Just like Dai overcoming his injury and missing a season because of it, I think most top athletes have the strength to overcome difficulties and make such experiences their strength. I'm sure Mao can do it too. Can't believe it's going to be TEB already next week...aoi, I'll mail you back soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:54 am

Congratulations Miki and Akiko!!! Confetti
Even with the back injury, Miki's performance gets stronger and stronger Thumbs up!

I wish the Japanese ladies their best at GPF.
It's already going to be TEB next week. I can't believe it. I hope it'll turn out to be a great Thanksgiving weekend.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:36 pm

clovera wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
The Japanese men all seem to go through it at least once in their competitive career (save Kozu).
As for PatC, well...maybe Tono's ancestors swooped in for some supernatural intervention after the farce at Skate Chanada? geek
The judges would have given PatC the win at Rostelecom after all if it wasn't for the extra combo. Sweatdrop

Haidogirl wrote:
Not exactly. The guidelines for selecting the team for Worlds is still pretty similar but there's no automatic spot given to the top finisher at GPF this time.

1) GP + GPF performance
3) ISU Rank

Past placements at Worlds are also considered. I'll be repeating what I already said at the General News thread, but as long as Mao skates well at Nats and makes the podium, she'll be fine.

When you take all of those requirements into consideration, it's quite likely that Mao will still be competing at worlds Surprised

Really excited for Mao next week! Even the smallest sign of improvement will be enough for me!
Oh and congrats to Miki and Akiko! cheers Team Japan is looking quite unbeatable right now!
Imagine if it's only Japanese ladies on the podium for GPF! affraid
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:19 pm

ddmm wrote:

And Taka-chan only needs to finish 4th or higher at TEB to make it 3 japanese men in the Final as well... WOW!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Figure_skating_love wrote:
clovera wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Haidogirl wrote:

1) GP + GPF performance
3) ISU Rank

When you take all of those requirements into consideration, it's quite likely that Mao will still be competing at worlds Surprised

Really excited for Mao next week! Even the smallest sign of improvement will be enough for me!
Oh and congrats to Miki and Akiko! cheers Team Japan is looking quite unbeatable right now!
Imagine if it's only Japanese ladies on the podium for GPF! affraid

I don't think Japan federation can consider not sending their own current world champion to worlds this year in Tokyo! I'm pretty sure Mao will make it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:07 pm

So Grand Prix Final competitors will be?

Men
Takahashi Daisuke
Kozuka Takahiko
Patrick Chan
Tomas Verner
Oda Nobunari
Abbott or Mroz

Ladies
Miki Ando
Carolina Kostner
Murakami Kanako
Suzuki Akiko
Rachael Flatt
Alissa Czisny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov   Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of Russia 2010/ 19-21 Nov
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4