Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei

Go down 
+67
will_power
klarification
i♥MAO
supportmaoasada
sweetdream
Fumi99
☆Genie
chineseteacup
babayaga
goldmao
dlnnyc
ClairDeMao
apple4me
sumin
dangerous_angel_face
Spacey
Lady_in_black
sarahjoanne419
Luckyone
tilitom
kaarolcia
illani
iceskatingfan
BowbowDaijin
linglang
periperi
fefe_sky
aoi88
maowataiyo
sapphiresky
hazelq
PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
kawaiimao
ireni
kirakira
inspiration*
ericacsy
snowdrops24
Dani-Chan
Aibhlin
Canness
Emily
jkblues
europeanfan
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
MaoChan756
Ken Himura
alyssa
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Hotaru
maofan93
KariDebate
Haidogirl
swan
Star85
clovera
Alokya
tianrushui
ddmm
Okami
ballerinamao
josling
bibi
roma
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

maofan93 wrote:
KariDebate wrote:
So what do you all think will be on the podium at 4CC??

I think it will be Mao, Miki and either Alissa or Mirai. Hopefully Mao will be in good form, and will be able to deliver performances similar to Nationals this year. I don't know if Miki will skate as well as she did at Nationals, but I think she will do enough to medal. Alissa has had a strong season this year, but may be looking to peak again at worlds, so I wouldn't be surprised if she made a couple of mistakes. On the other hand, this is Mirai's last competition of the season, so she may give it her all and finally deliver a clean long program. I don't see too much competition from other countries, maybe a Canadian skater could have an outside shot at 3rd if about six skaters bomb, but it's really between the Japanese and American ladies, in my opinion.

That's pretty much what my best prediction would be too. Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 am

I think that the podium will be

1.) Mao/Miki
2.)Mao/Miki
3.)Mirai/Alyssa
.....im hoping it will be mao, miki and mirai...that would be an awesome podium
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

KariDebate wrote:
Hotaru wrote:
In my opinion, if Mao skates like she did at Nationals, she will medal... and possibly win if others make mistakes. But we all know she is capable of much better than that... she has vastly improved much faster than I thought she would and I really admire her determination and work ethic.

If she skates her absolute best, and put in 3-3 combos in her programs, then I don't think anyone else competing at 4CC will beat her. Yuna is the only one that can challenge her (if both skate their best), and she will not be competing until Worlds.

I totally agree.... if mao is clean she will be unbeatable....im hoping her layout will be

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
3A-2T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

OR

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
2A-3T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

I vote for the first layout with two triple axels!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
KariDebate wrote:
Hotaru wrote:
In my opinion, if Mao skates like she did at Nationals, she will medal... and possibly win if others make mistakes. But we all know she is capable of much better than that... she has vastly improved much faster than I thought she would and I really admire her determination and work ethic.

If she skates her absolute best, and put in 3-3 combos in her programs, then I don't think anyone else competing at 4CC will beat her. Yuna is the only one that can challenge her (if both skate their best), and she will not be competing until Worlds.

I totally agree.... if mao is clean she will be unbeatable....im hoping her layout will be

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
3A-2T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

OR

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
2A-3T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

Well, I vote for the second, although I'm pretty sure she'll choose the first. Razz
I think she prefers 3F-2Lo-2Lo, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 pm

I vote for the second layout too, because it's easier than the first, so Mao can concentrate in one 3A and one 3F-3L for this competition and get more confidence in her jumps, for worlds i prefer the second Woot! Cheering Happy dance

I can't wait for 4CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:40 pm

alyssa wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
KariDebate wrote:
Hotaru wrote:

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
3A-2T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

OR

3A
3F-3L
3Lz
2A-3T
3F-2T-2L
3L
3S

Well, I vote for the second, although I'm pretty sure she'll choose the first. Razz
I think she prefers 3F-2Lo-2Lo, right?

yeah my bad she does prefer the 3F-2L-2L....I think mao should go for the 2nd layout at 4CC and then the first one at worlds.....

Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 pm

I know a lot of people prefer doing the second layout so that it won't be that of a burden, but knowing Mao, there is a chance she'll do the first if she's really in on it. Remember nationals? She said to her coach,"I want to do the triple axel." He let her, but in the free skate, only one. However, if Mao thinks her body is up for it that day, she'll do it with the risks. Also, I feel as if picking layout 1 won't be Mao, you know? I admire her for stepping up to challenges, no matter what, so the second layout reminds me of that great quality in Mao. Above all, I hope Mao achieves the standard she sets up for herself for each competition!
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 am

I agree that she should go for the second layout. Although not as difficult as a triple axel, a double axel triple toe is a very difficult combination which requires a lot of speed going in and throughout the combination. Both of these layouts would bring her the gold, but I think no matter what Mao should include a 3T in her program to demonstrate all 6 triples.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 am

Same for me!
The 2nd layout is fit for Mao.
But as Mao_Asada_sunrise pointed above -
Mao's choice will certainly be something more challenging!
The girl loves her 3A!

Is it just me?
Or is everyone just way too impatient for the 4CC -____
The wait to see her skate seems unbearable! Neutral
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
Same for me!
The girl loves her 3A!

Is it just me?

No its not just you, everyone is waiting to watch because we know she will have improved.....she will go for the more challenging jumps and she will be skating with more speed....i think that she will assert herself as one of ther favorites for worlds....i think mao is just porgrammed to skate her best later in the season, honestly who care about making the gpf...when you peak at worlds almost every year
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

KariDebate wrote:
MaoChan756 wrote:
Same for me!
The girl loves her 3A!

Is it just me?

No its not just you, everyone is waiting to watch because we know she will have improved.....she will go for the more challenging jumps and she will be skating with more speed....i think that she will assert herself as one of ther favorites for worlds....i think mao is just porgrammed to skate her best later in the season, honestly who care about making the gpf...when you peak at worlds almost every year

well said who cares about the results at the GPF when we know she will be in top form at worlds, and well seeing how much she has progressed and overcame all the huge changes she has had by changing couch, choreografer, changing her jump technique,adding a 3lutz and salcow, adding speed... all very dramatic things that could easily destroy a skater and is the nightmare of everyone, which just shows how strong mao is mentally as well as dedicated to learn and keep improving all the time, and keep challenging herself....

and I have to tell you guys I am just as excitet and nervous as everyone, and I keep counting the days untill 4cc. I really can't wait too see mao skate again, and show everyone what an amazing skater she is..... sigh it really is unbereable to wait hope that we will soon get more news about mao and what her plans are regarding 4c and if she will have the same layout in 4cc as the one she plans at worlds...

Last edited by ballerinamao on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm with you guys! Today I watched again Mao's FS from Nationals and cried. Only Mao can overcome so many troubles and changes, and I felt guilty for doubting her fast progress. She's amazing person, she's special. Can't wait to see her skating again! Love Hearts Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 pm

polosatik wrote:
I'm with you guys! Today I watched again Mao's FS from Nationals and cried. Only Mao can overcome so many troubles and changes, and I felt guilty for doubting her fast progress. She's amazing person, she's special. Can't wait to see her skating again! Love Hearts Mushy Love

Yep, Sadly
Coincidence! >.<
Did the same!!
(After which I went with a mao-youtube-video-spree instead of having a nap Cloud 9)

Actually the video just inspires me!
She makes me believe that its possible!
and she skates the hell out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Am counting the days just like you guys!
Btw when do we get to know her layout? During the compet? Before? Frustrated
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
Same for me!
The girl loves her 3A!

Is it just me?

Lol! I barely read maofan93's comment, and I agree that she should put all the triples. Aw!!! I would love to see her two signature triple axels though!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Yep, Sadly
Coincidence! >.<
Did the same!!
(After which I went with a mao-youtube-video-spree instead of having a nap Cloud 9)

Actually the video just inspires me!
She makes me believe that its possible!
and she skates the hell out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Am counting the days just like you guys!
Btw when do we get to know her layout? During the compet? Before? Frustrated
Cloud 9

I guess it depends on Mao practice, if she decide to do a full program,when we'll know her layout before competition, if not, then , we'll know at competition. Also there is a possibility that Mao can tell her possible layout during the interview, but I doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:26 pm

This montage just got posted! I love it! It's so adorable! SUPER MAO!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkCARDk-zBk&feature=feedu
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh my goodness!

I just had a dream last night about Mao being in the 4CC competition! I dreamed that she got 3rd place! I thought,"No!!! I want her to have gold!" I hope my dream doesn't come true because I really want her to win!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm

in a few days mao will be competing, can't wait to see how mao's program has changed since then, I think that sato may have added a few things and it will be interesting to see what they may have changed since then! I just hope that the new changes want make mao inconsistent again, and no matter what the outcome is hope that mao will deliever a performance that will make her satisfied and give her even more confidence for worlds, or maybe give her an idea of what would be good to change for words..

I am soooooooo excitet Panic! to see mao, hope there will be some live streams that show 4cc live!!!

PS: hope you're dream doesn't come true I also want mao to win!!!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Oh my goodness!

I just had a dream last night about Mao being in the 4CC competition! I dreamed that she got 3rd place! I thought,"No!!! I want her to have gold!" I hope my dream doesn't come true because I really want her to win!

Laugh A little off-topic, but I had a second dream about Mao a few months ago, this time it was about the 2014 Olympics, and Mao won! Laugh So, in the dreams I've had about the Olympics, Mao won in 2010 and in 2014! Laugh
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:12 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Oh my goodness!

Laugh A little off-topic, but I had a second dream about Mao a few months ago, this time it was about the 2014 Olympics, and Mao won! Laugh So, in the dreams I've had about the Olympics, Mao won in 2010 and in 2014! Laugh

WOW! I hope Mao wins in the 2014 Olympics!!!! That way her career will be so complete!
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm

I think Mao will win in 2014, i always imagine her skating to swan lake for her sp and the piano soundtrack for the lp.......

anyways, i think this mao-yuna rivalry will play out much in the same way as the plushenko-yagudin rivalry.......yuna won the 2010 olympics beating mao just as yagudin won the 2002 olympics beating plushenko....(notice:plushenko and mao had mistakes in the lp).....i think that yuna wont compete after this worlds because she probably feels as if there is nothing left for her to win.....just as yagudin didnt compete after the 2002 worlds........this will probably leave mao to dominate much in the way plushenko did from 2003-2006.....mao will win gold in 2014 as plushenko won in 2006.......i for one will not be sad if it happens this way
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:45 pm

KariDebate wrote:
I think Mao will win in 2014, i always imagine her skating to swan lake for her sp and the piano soundtrack for the lp.......

anyways, i think this mao-yuna rivalry will play out much in the same way as the plushenko-yagudin rivalry.......yuna won the 2010 olympics beating mao just as yagudin won the 2002 olympics beating plushenko....(notice:plushenko and mao had mistakes in the lp).....i think that yuna wont compete after this worlds because she probably feels as if there is nothing left for her to win.....just as yagudin didnt compete after the 2002 worlds........this will probably leave mao to dominate much in the way plushenko did from 2003-2006.....mao will win gold in 2014 as plushenko won in 2006.......i for one will not be sad if it happens this way

I noticed that about Plushenko, too. I hope so! It's because, have you noticed, Mao's skills years ago really impressed everyone, like Midori Ito impressing everyone about her jumps. I hope it does play out that way, unless some junior skaters come out of nowhere. I don't know a lot about the junior skaters. Can anyone tell me some stuff about upcoming juniors?
Back to top Go down
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
KariDebate

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:02 pm

well i know russia has some really good junior girls and they jump well but in terms of the presentation score mao will always beat them....but further more i wouldnt look too much into the junior girls because they havent finished growing and maturing so while they may jump well, you never know what could happen...i mean look at all the hype caroline zhang had a few years ago, but now with her growth spurts and injuries she never managed to meet all of that hype....where as mao has whethered that storm of growth and is now changing her jump technique ...by the time those new junior girls get to seniors mao will be better than ever
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm

I hope Mao skates like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sHFceaGEY

Not only did she land the jumps, but she also brought the lightness and sensitivity that has been lost in her skating, but that she is getting back now. She needs to be gentle, yet fierce, and she needs to bring all of her technical difficulty into her programs. She had a jump downgraded, but still scored over 132, something she hasn't been able to achieve internationally since this competition. I hope she comes back and breaks her record for the LP (which is just over 133) and makes the statement that she is ready for Worlds.
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:01 pm

maofan93 wrote:
I hope Mao skates like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sHFceaGEY

Not only did she land the jumps, but she also brought the lightness and sensitivity that has been lost in her skating, but that she is getting back now. She needs to be gentle, yet fierce, and she needs to bring all of her technical difficulty into her programs. She had a jump downgraded, but still scored over 132, something she hasn't been able to achieve internationally since this competition. I hope she comes back and breaks her record for the LP (which is just over 133) and makes the statement that she is ready for Worlds.
I wasn't sure what you meant by that when I first read your post, but watching that program and keeping an eye out for that ..WOW. She was light as a feather across the ice. She still is really light right now, but I agree with you that there's a difference - she was just floating across the ice before.
I do think she's made improvements in other areas artistically since 2008 though. I think she's opened up more. This Fantasie program is very introspective (granted, it should be) and since then she's developed the more extroverted side of her artistry.

I think 4CC is kind of her "comeback" competition. One of the commentators in that video was saying she'd finally done the short program she'd been hoping for all season. In 2010 that was the first competition (besides Nationals) that constituted her comeback. Hope this one sets the stage for Worlds like maofan93 said.

Also, I am more excited for 4CC this season than I am for Worlds. All the competitors I want to see that were shut out of Worlds (Mirai, Jeremy, Armin, Adam, Akiko) will be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next