Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!

Go down 
+66
ClairDeMao
kenkyo
haruka25
chineseteacup
qingshui
koala_lover
dlnnyc
sweetdream
Afsfan
zakkan
tianrushui
kirakira
femariel
Spacey
edberg830
bluewater
Lady_in_black
tilitom
Dani-Chan
dawnsherearequiet
sofia
Star85
Haidogirl
fefe_sky
jkblues
supportmaoasada
bibi
Ken Himura
skfan
illani
clovera
Luckyone
cherriee
babayaga
josling
let`s talk
Batsuchan
maowataiyo
dangerous_angel_face
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
inspiration*
Alokya
CraZsk8r
chapis
ddmm
purpledream
chiyori
polosatik
swan
bellarina
kaabi
alyssa
sapphiresky
shikure
aoi88
klarification
purplemaze
roma
ashcroft1086
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
linglang
emmie
europeanfan
Okami
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:52 pm

As far as the discussion of when Mao will compete again, I wouldn't be surprised either way if she took off the rest of the season, or if we see her at nationals. Everyone's grieving process is different. Some people will become manic depressive and not want anything to do with anything for a long while. Some people can get back to finding something to keep them busy before long - a distraction. The last time I lost someone, I kind of did a little of both. I grieved a lot for a few days. Really for a few weeks, but those first few days were the worst. But after a week or so, I tried to keep busy. Distraction did help. When I was not busy was when I got very depressed, and went back in to grieve mode. Then again, that loss was not a parent. It was my grandma. Although I was VERY close with my grandma. I saw her almost every day of my life, and lived with her for a few years.

I would be willing to bet that we will definitely see Mao again next season no matter what she does the rest of this season. I'm not sure whether she will do GP, but I bet she'll do nationals. Aside from her family, her skating is the most important thing in her life. And that olympic gold medal is her dream. It was her moms dream for her too. I'm sure this hasn't changed. She may even want it more than every now. And well I'm rambling, but I'm sure you all know where I'm going with this.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 pm

polosatik wrote:

Oh, then sorry! I misunderstood you! Let's pray together for that day ! I really want to see it Mushy Love

Me too! It's my fault--I was totally rambling in my first post and probably didn't make much sense. Sweatdrop

Here is a quote from Daisuke about Mao:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20111212-00000008-kyodo_sp-spo.html

He said, "I definitely want her to compete again. That's probably what her mother, who loved skating, would want too. I also want to see Asada skate." He also said, "I'm thinking about what I can do for her the next time we meet. We probably can't do much for her; we can only watch over her warmly. It may be better for her to deal with the pain with of all us than by herself."

It always has warmed my heart to see how close Team Japan is, but in times like this, I am so glad to know that Mao and Mai have all this extended skater family members to watch over them... Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:50 am

I didn't have access to internet the last few days, so I'm late in posting this. My sincere condolences to the Asada family. (I had access to japanese newspapers, so I knew what happened) I don't think there are word that could express what happened. At a time like this, I'm just glad that Mao and her family have each other. I can't believe Mao has been going through something so difficult for years, and never showed any signs of it. What an incredibly strong, brave girl she is.
All I want from Mao is to do what is best for her.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 am

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00827.htm
official announcement ~I tried to translate because I knew lots of you want to know but pls feel free to correct me or provide better translation ~thank you.

所属マネジメント会社は、浅田真央のコメントを発表した。
her agency released the comments from Asada Mao.

応援してくださっている皆さん、スケート関係、及びマスコミの皆さんへ

to ppl support me, skate related and media

この度は、大変ご心配をおかけするとともに、試合直前の欠場となり、大変ご迷惑をおかけしました。

this time really made everyone worry about me and caused a lot of trouble withdrawal right before competition.

最初ケベックで連絡を受けたときは、今すぐ帰りたい、という気持ちと、試合を欠場しても良いのか?という思いで複雑でしたが、すぐに帰国して良かったと思っています。

when they contacted me, "going home now? is it okay to withdraw from competition" I had mixed feeling but thought it's better to go home right away.

帰る飛行機の中では、色々な事を考えましたが、きっとお母さんは自分が帰ってくるのを待っていてくれると信じて、ずっと祈っていました。

on my way home on the plane, I considered a lot of thing and I believe that my mother was waiting for me and pray for that.

しかし、成田空港に到着してすぐにメールを確認すると、「ママは頑張れなかった」というお父さんからのメールを見て、涙が止まりませんでした。それでも、もしかしたら、と思い、名古屋の病院に駆けつけ、何度も「真央だよ!」と叫びましたが、やすらかな顔をしたお母さんは、やはり目を開くことはありませんでした。

but when i arrived Narita and checked msg, I saw my father sent me the msg " mama had tried her best" I just can't stop crying. even though, I still thought there is still chance, then when I arrived hospital in nagoya, I kept talking to her that "Mao is here" but her eyes never opened.

でも、充分頑張ったし、もう、痛い思いをしないで済むんだ、と思うと、少しホッとする部分もあります。

she had already tried very hard , and think about how hard she tried I felt a little bit relief. (I don't know how to translate this part more precise)

この半年、容態が良くない時が時々あり、名古屋を離れる時は、いつもこれが最期かも、と思いながら出発していました。まだ、信じられない気もしますが、お母さんに今までより近くで見守られている気がします。

past six months, sometimes she was not in condition, every time I left Nagoya, I always thought maybe it's last time (to see her). but still feel can't believe it, now my mother is looking after me in closer place than ever.

私たち姉妹にたくさんの愛を注いでくれたお母さんに、何度「ありがとう」と言っても足りません。

my mother gave us (sisters) a lot of love, and it's never enough to say "thank you" to her.

生前、家族で約束した通り、今後も自分の夢に向かって、やるべき事をしっかりやることが、お母さんも喜んでくれる事だと思い、今まで通り練習に励みたいと思います。

we will keep the promise with her that keep following our dream and doing what we can do can make her happy. I will keep practicng like what I did before.

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

everyone pls keep supporting me.

浅田 真央

and http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00807.htm?from=popin
she will participate national championship and I think she will be stronger than ever.

Last edited by shikure on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:40 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 am

Mao Sad
I was sure she will participate. I don't know if it's the best thing to do, but on the other hand, I remember Joannie skating right after her mother's passing, after Vancouver, in a lot of shows. She later said that skating helped her with her grief. I hope this is her personal decision and no one tried to persuade her in any way to come back on the ice this early.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:00 am

ut when i arrived Narita and checked msg, I saw my father sent me the msg " mama had tried her best" I just can't stop crying. even though, I still thought there is still chance, then when I arrived hospital in nagoya, I kept talking to her that "Mao is here" but her eyes never opened.

this part is soo sad I couldn't help but want to cry when Mao said it, it must have been horrible to know that you couldn't make it! and the fact that everytime she left for a competition, she never knew if it was the last time she would see her mother is even sadder!
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:08 am

shikure wrote:
official announcement ~I tried to translate because I knew lots of you want to know but pls feel free to correct me or provide better translation ~thank you.

this time really made everyone worry about me and caused a lot of trouble withdrawal right before competition.

when they contacted me, "going home now? is it okay to withdraw from competition" I had mixed feeling but thought it's better to go home right away.

on my way home on the plane, I considered a lot of thing and I believe that my mother was waiting for me and pray for that.

しかし、成田空港に到着してすぐにメールを確認すると、「ママは頑張れなかった」というお父さんからのメールを見て、涙が止まりませんでした。それでも、もしかしたら、と思い、名古屋の病院に駆けつけ、何度も「真央だよ!」と叫びましたが、やすらかな顔をしたお母さんは、やはり目を開くことはありませんでした。

but when i arrived Narita and checked msg, I saw my father sent me the msg " mama had tried her best" I just can't stop crying. even though, I still thought there is still chance, then when I arrived hospital in nagoya, I kept talking to her that "Mao is here" but her eyes never opened.

she had already tried very hard , and think about how hard she tried I felt a little bit relief. (I don't know how to translate this part more precise)

この半年、容態が良くない時が時々あり、名古屋を離れる時は、いつもこれが最期かも、と思いながら出発していました。まだ、信じられない気もしますが、お母さんに今までより近くで見守られている気がします。

past six months, sometimes she was not in condition, every time I left Nagoya, I always thought maybe it's last time (to see her). but still feel can't believe it, now my mother is looking after me in closer place than ever.

my mother gave us (sisters) a lot of love, and it's never enough to say "thank you" to her.

we will keep the promise with her that keep following our dream and doing what we can do can make her happy. I will keep practicng like what I did before.

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

浅田 真央

and http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00807.htm?from=popin
she will participate national championship and I think she will be stronger than ever.

Did anyone else cry after reading this? Bawling Thank you for the translation shikure I think her voice comes out very well in the English translation and I can imagine her saying it as I read it Depressed Crying Especially after her father sent her the message and when she went to the hospital...
I can't believe it, everytime she went to a competition these past 6 months, imagine her feelings! She's so strong, despite all that she was able to smile and perform so well for us! Mao, of course I will keep supporting you and you don't have to apologize for making us worry about you, we do it because we love you!!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 am

i'm soo speechless to know that Mao has been going through soo much, and having these thought every time she left the airport, without any of us having the slightest idea!

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:30 am

That was a very touching announcement, if not a very sad and solemn one. Crying or Very sad

There's not much more to say on my part, but I'm sure Mao will come through this devastating turn of events with renewed strength and the smile we've come to know and love. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Nats will not be a grueling trial for her, but a positive one.
Back to top Go down
edberg830

edberg830

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:30 am

So for the last six months she always left Nagoya thinking 'This could be the last time I see my mom'.
Oh my god Mao. Depressed Crying I'm terribly heartbroken again.
And she did everything she was supposed to do as a public figure during that time.
Mao.. Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:41 am

shikure wrote:

But she’s (Mao’s mom) already tried/fought so hard. And the thought that she no longer has to endure any more pain, allowed a part of me to feel a little relieved.

I am not sure if it is more precise but that is how I would word it.Wink Thank you all for the translations and info. I’m worried about Mao and I hope that skating can bring her some comfort. I do hope that she does not put too much pressure on herself.Like a Star @ heaven

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 631129 Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 566593
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:48 am

Thank you shikure for the translation. Mao and Mai are strong ladies, I'm heartbroken for them . I'll do my best to support Mao. We can send something to her? We can do something like the birthday project for Nationals?

Back to top Go down
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Spacey

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 am

edberg830 wrote:
So for the last six months she always left Nagoya thinking 'This could be the last time I see my mom'.
Oh my god Mao. Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 566593 I'm terribly heartbroken again.
And she did everything she was supposed to do as a public figure during that time.
Mao.. Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 566593
She did miss the JSF training camp due to exhaustion. I remember she was bashed by some people.Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 506166 It was after THE ICE. Now it all makes sense. She only did a few charity shows and THE ICE during the off-season. At times she looked a bit tired and sad. We were all so clueless about her situation.Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 am

Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Depressed Crying this was too hard to read...Mao...our dear Mao... sorry for our worries! We just love you, and of course we will support you no matter what!
This girl is so amazing, I have no words, her strength is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 am

This definitely made me cry. Depressed Crying It seems this illness has been going on for quite some time but really worsened this year. There was so much going on yet Mao and Mai took all of it silently and bravely. They are really strong. Both Mao and Mai are a testament to how their parents are having raised them to what they are now. I can't help but be overwhelmed by these two young ladies. They have shown so much grace and class. Their parents sure are wonderful people.

She's competing so soon again. No matter the outcome lets all support her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:33 am

shikure wrote:

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

浅田 真央

Thank you so much for the translation.
I just can't stop crying reading what Mao said. Bawling Bawling
Our dear Mao, we will definitely support you more and more in the future!
Please take care & stay strong!!

and thank you for showing us your beautiful programs while you were suffering!
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 am

Spacey wrote:
shikure wrote:

But she’s (Mao’s mom) already tried/fought so hard. And the thought that she no longer has to endure any more pain, allowed a part of me to feel a little relieved.

I am not sure if it is more precise but that is how I would word it.Wink Thank you all for the translations and info. I’m worried about Mao and I hope that skating can bring her some comfort. I do hope that she does not put too much pressure on herself.Like a Star @ heaven

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 631129 Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 566593

a part of my mind is feeling relief, because mom has no more pain and suffer...she has been try to fight w her illness so hard.
(Mao's mom has been ill for pretty long time, though...sorry for my bad english)

and here is Mai's comment; http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/general/general/news/20111212mog00m050029000c.html

I appreciate for your concern about our mother.
Our mother past a way before Mao arrived, but mother used said that she would not want to show herself to Mao when she gets so weak ...so she passed away what she wished.
I shared the time with my mother 23 years, 21 years for Mao, but she gave us more love than the time we share.
I will go on the way of my life supporting my father, not to make mom worry.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 am

And Mao will compete japan nationals next week!
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks for the translations again everyone.

Amazing statements from amazing sisters. Beautiful and strong just how their parents raised them to be.

Sad Crying or Very sad I've been shedding tears this weekend like a lot of you have...but Mao and Mai have shown incredible strength.

Their spirits are truly inspirational. I respect Mao's decision and will always be behind her.
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:57 am

kaabi wrote:
shikure wrote:

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

浅田 真央

Did anyone else cry after reading this? Bawling Thank you for the translation shikure I think her voice comes out very well in the English translation and I can imagine her saying it as I read it Depressed Crying Especially after her father sent her the message and when she went to the hospital...
I can't believe it, everytime she went to a competition these past 6 months, imagine her feelings! She's so strong, despite all that she was able to smile and perform so well for us! Mao, of course I will keep supporting you and you don't have to apologize for making us worry about you, we do it because we love you!!

I did cry a lot; especially when I think about what she has been through all these years and that she still skate beautifully despite al the problems she faced. As same as all of you, I hope Mao will not worry about us; you has always been true beauty inside and outside, Mao.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 am

Thank you sikure.

Mao's message ... I cannot help my tears. She is a beautiful and strong woman. I'm sure her mother is very much proud of her and will be watching over her from the heaven.

oh... she's miracle. She has such a cute and tender look and maintained it even when she was going through a very difficult time in her life. At the same time, she has a strong heart and will and never yield to difficulties. She is a true fighter and athlete and that's what her mother wanted her to become.

I will definitely continue to support her no matter what will happen.
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:18 am

i just watched mao's performance and interview of rostelecom cup.
we were happy because Mao won, but she wasn't look so happy and said "my performance was 50%, so i want to show my 100% performance at GPF."
now we know she skated for her mother...she wanted to show her 100% performance to mother.
i'm crying again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

Just can't express what I am feeling right now. Thanks so much Shikure for the translation! When I first heard she withdrew, I didn't expect an incident of this scale to occur. It was so sudden and unexpected for me.

But after reading all this news and updates, it really shows how strong Mao is as a person, how much she has been carrying on her shoulders. Mao's family must have been the great pillar of support for her, and I think she really wanted to skate well this few months for her mother. Nothing much that I can offer but just this little prayer for Mao and her family and support from this little fan! Love Hearts

I would really love to see any dedication Mao has for her mother, just like Joannie did Smile That really made me weep!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:37 am

I cried and cried reading Mai and Mao's message.

With all this happening, Mao made me think again about my own family, that I should cherrish the moments I spend with them and I should spend more time with them. Time flies.

Anyone going to see Nationals Live ? Ohhhh I wish I could be there!
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am

I'm on the bus right now. After read Mao's message i'm triying hard not to cry. Is surprising what Mao ans Mai have being enduring all this time. And is not surprising that Mao will be competeing so soon, i think is a good way to releave the pain skating for her mother,she knows Her mother will be so proud and skating fans will suport her aswellwith her japanese team. I always find things to keep growing my admiration for Mao Asada, not only as the best skater but as a person that's so young but a real fighter an the example of what an athlete should be. Japan has a tesaure on her and i'm sure they will take care of it and will suport her.

Last edited by jkblues on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next