Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!

Go down 
+66
ClairDeMao
kenkyo
haruka25
chineseteacup
qingshui
koala_lover
dlnnyc
sweetdream
Afsfan
zakkan
tianrushui
kirakira
femariel
Spacey
edberg830
bluewater
Lady_in_black
tilitom
Dani-Chan
dawnsherearequiet
sofia
Star85
Haidogirl
fefe_sky
jkblues
supportmaoasada
bibi
Ken Himura
skfan
illani
clovera
Luckyone
cherriee
babayaga
josling
let`s talk
Batsuchan
maowataiyo
dangerous_angel_face
kaarolcia
MaoChan756
inspiration*
Alokya
CraZsk8r
chapis
ddmm
purpledream
chiyori
polosatik
swan
bellarina
kaabi
alyssa
sapphiresky
shikure
aoi88
klarification
purplemaze
roma
ashcroft1086
ballerinamao
zarinaballerina
linglang
emmie
europeanfan
Okami
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 am

supportmaoasada wrote:
shikure wrote:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00827.htm
official announcement ~I tried to translate because I knew lots of you want to know but pls feel free to correct me or provide better translation ~thank you.

所属マネジメント会社は、浅田真央のコメントを発表した。
her agency released the comments from Asada Mao.

応援してくださっている皆さん、スケート関係、及びマスコミの皆さんへ

to ppl support me, skate related and media

この度は、大変ご心配をおかけするとともに、試合直前の欠場となり、大変ご迷惑をおかけしました。

this time really made everyone worry about me and caused a lot of trouble withdrawal right before competition.

最初ケベックで連絡を受けたときは、今すぐ帰りたい、という気持ちと、試合を欠場しても良いのか?という思いで複雑でしたが、すぐに帰国して良かったと思っています。

when they contacted me, "going home now? is it okay to withdraw from competition" I had mixed feeling but thought it's better to go home right away.

帰る飛行機の中では、色々な事を考えましたが、きっとお母さんは自分が帰ってくるのを待っていてくれると信じて、ずっと祈っていました。

on my way home on the plane, I considered a lot of thing and I believe that my mother was waiting for me and pray for that.

しかし、成田空港に到着してすぐにメールを確認すると、「ママは頑張れなかった」というお父さんからのメールを見て、涙が止まりませんでした。それでも、もしかしたら、と思い、名古屋の病院に駆けつけ、何度も「真央だよ!」と叫びましたが、やすらかな顔をしたお母さんは、やはり目を開くことはありませんでした。

but when i arrived Narita and checked msg, I saw my father sent me the msg " mama had tried her best" I just can't stop crying. even though, I still thought there is still chance, then when I arrived hospital in nagoya, I kept talking to her that "Mao is here" but her eyes never opened.

でも、充分頑張ったし、もう、痛い思いをしないで済むんだ、と思うと、少しホッとする部分もあります。

she had already tried very hard , and think about how hard she tried I felt a little bit relief. (I don't know how to translate this part more precise)

この半年、容態が良くない時が時々あり、名古屋を離れる時は、いつもこれが最期かも、と思いながら出発していました。まだ、信じられない気もしますが、お母さんに今までより近くで見守られている気がします。

past six months, sometimes she was not in condition, every time I left Nagoya, I always thought maybe it's last time (to see her). but still feel can't believe it, now my mother is looking after me in closer place than ever.

私たち姉妹にたくさんの愛を注いでくれたお母さんに、何度「ありがとう」と言っても足りません。

my mother gave us (sisters) a lot of love, and it's never enough to say "thank you" to her.

生前、家族で約束した通り、今後も自分の夢に向かって、やるべき事をしっかりやることが、お母さんも喜んでくれる事だと思い、今まで通り練習に励みたいと思います。

we will keep the promise with her that keep following our dream and doing what we can do can make her happy. I will keep practicng like what I did before.

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

everyone pls keep supporting me.

浅田 真央

and http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00807.htm?from=popin
she will participate national championship and I think she will be stronger than ever.

Thank you so much for the translation.
I just can't stop crying reading what Mao said. Bawling Bawling
Our dear Mao, we will definitely support you more and more in the future!
Please take care & stay strong!!

and thank you for showing us your beautiful programs while you were suffering!

thank you girls so much for the translation. I put it at ontd_skating but linked this page Snow
this is heartbreaking and I thought it was not possible to respect and love Mao more than I already do
Back to top Go down
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 am

shikure wrote:
official announcement ~I tried to translate because I knew lots of you want to know but pls feel free to correct me or provide better translation ~thank you.

this time really made everyone worry about me and caused a lot of trouble withdrawal right before competition.

when they contacted me, "going home now? is it okay to withdraw from competition" I had mixed feeling but thought it's better to go home right away.

on my way home on the plane, I considered a lot of thing and I believe that my mother was waiting for me and pray for that.

しかし、成田空港に到着してすぐにメールを確認すると、「ママは頑張れなかった」というお父さんからのメールを見て、涙が止まりませんでした。それでも、もしかしたら、と思い、名古屋の病院に駆けつけ、何度も「真央だよ!」と叫びましたが、やすらかな顔をしたお母さんは、やはり目を開くことはありませんでした。

but when i arrived Narita and checked msg, I saw my father sent me the msg " mama had tried her best" I just can't stop crying. even though, I still thought there is still chance, then when I arrived hospital in nagoya, I kept talking to her that "Mao is here" but her eyes never opened.

she had already tried very hard , and think about how hard she tried I felt a little bit relief. (I don't know how to translate this part more precise)

この半年、容態が良くない時が時々あり、名古屋を離れる時は、いつもこれが最期かも、と思いながら出発していました。まだ、信じられない気もしますが、お母さんに今までより近くで見守られている気がします。

past six months, sometimes she was not in condition, every time I left Nagoya, I always thought maybe it's last time (to see her). but still feel can't believe it, now my mother is looking after me in closer place than ever.

my mother gave us (sisters) a lot of love, and it's never enough to say "thank you" to her.

we will keep the promise with her that keep following our dream and doing what we can do can make her happy. I will keep practicng like what I did before.

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

浅田 真央

and http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OYT1T00807.htm?from=popin
she will participate national championship and I think she will be stronger than ever.

OMG shikure, thank you so much for translating. this made me cry very hard. the last six months mao has been going through this agony every time she leaves nagoya... every competition she's carried this burden.

this is going way beyond never complaining and making excuses. mao's mother must have been one amazing person to raise this treasure of a person.

i hope that mao will find comfort in returning to her training routine, being around others in the skating community who love and admire her, being around people like daisuke, who remembers her mom with such fondness.

mai's message too... Bawling
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

shikure wrote:

皆さん、今後とも応援よろしくお願いします。

浅田 真央

Thank you Shikure for the translation... Depressed Crying
Thank you for the magnificent words you translated for us...
I have been crying all weekend and I was at work when I read this - I had to make such an effort to keep all of it inside and now tears just stream down...Sad

But am happy - Happy to know that Mao and Mai will be going stronger!
These girls are epitome of inspiration for everyone...

None of wanted Mao to vanish off the ice...
To grieve for loved ones is very personal and such a pain never really goes away...
But I know Mao will make the best out of it and use skating as a way to heal herself...
I am just slightly concerned with how the decision to attend Nationals might affect her...
She was under so much pressure and she must be emotionally and physically exhausted - I do not think she could get enough practice in such conditions to be at her 100% best...
Plus, am quite afraid how will be the reaction of her peers and public towards Mao's loss -
Last summer I lost my grandmother and I went back to college after few days - It was a shower of love and affection from my friends - But every condolence somehow reminded me of the fact that my granny is no longer there...
I really don't want Mao to feel that way... Sad, Lonely

Please don't think that I don't want Mao to skate - I know she loves skating more than anything - I just want her to be comfortable at what she is doing!
We love you Mao! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel
ashcroft1086

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 am

shikure, thanks for your wonderful translation...

i never thought that mao experienced all of this throughout the season.. it only goes to show that our ma-chan is a very strong girl.. and now, that she decided to skate at nationals.. it only reiterates, what strong character mao has.. and her mother would be truly proud of her.. i hope everything will turn out okay..

regardless of what will be the results.. i'm always here, together with you guys.. supporting our favorite skater! Very Happy be strong mao!! our thoughts and prayers are always with you in this trying times! gambare!!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Omg that is tear wrenching! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Shikure thank you for the translation. It was heartbreaking to read it. Depressed Crying

MaoChan756 wrote:

These girls are epitome of inspiration for everyone...

I couldn't agree more. I don't care what will happen at nationals, or any other competition, I'll always support Mao no matter what. The strength that she has... it's out of this world.
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

did Mai send a message?
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Thank you so much, shikure.

Bawling She's been going through so much, and yet still she managed to smile for us...I agree with all of you, her strength is incredible. To think of her worrying that each time she left in the last six months could be the last time she'd see her. Sad I cried when I read about the message her father sent her, and then Mao arriving at the hospital and telling her "Mao is here" to no avail. Sad, Lonely After such a long period of suffering, I can see the relief she felt that the pain was finally over. It is so heart-wrenching to watch a loved one suffer that way. But it's not easy to say goodbye either. Depressed Crying

I hope she can take comfort in her skating without overdoing it. I always expected her to return to it soon, though Nationals is SO soon. But giving it up, even for awhile, would have left a gaping hole in her life. I think that more than ever, she will skating with her mother in mind, and I think that can be a part of the healing process.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm

I read Mao and Mai's messages while at work today, and I was holding back tears. Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Good thing I have a cold, otherwise my sniffling would have been rather obvious. Bawling

Just imagining Mao crying out "I'm here!" to her mom totally breaks my heart. Bawling

And Mai--she had such heartfelt, beautiful things to say as well. Mushy Love

Truly, inspirations for us all. Mushy Love

MaoChan756 wrote:

Plus, am quite afraid how will be the reaction of her peers and public towards Mao's loss -
Last summer I lost my grandmother and I went back to college after few days - It was a shower of love and affection from my friends - But every condolence somehow reminded me of the fact that my granny is no longer there...
I really don't want Mao to feel that way... Sad, Lonely

This is exactly what I am worried about too!! Yep, Sadly

I know that Mao is determined to carry on because that is what her mother would have wanted, but I hope she doesn't wear herself out from trying so hard to be brave... Yep, Sadly

So, now some news updates.

According to this article, Mao will hold a press conference before Nationals. She will also participate in the usual New Year's ice shows.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111212-OHT1T00235.htm

As a skating fan, I'll be glad to see her, but please Mao, please, please don't overdo it!! Yep, Sadly

And please, please, media, be nice to Mao!! I can only imagine how difficult it will be for her to talk about her mother in person...please, please do not make it any harder than it has to be!!! Embarassed

Last edited by Batsuchan on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

I happened to find these nice messages on Kenji Miyamoto (the choreographer)'s blog Love Hearts, so I thought I'd share:

Here’s the first one, from when the news first came out about Mao’s mother passing away.

http://ameblo.jp/kenjimiyamoto/entry-11102542268.html

My sincere condolences

I just heard about Mao-chan’s mother passing away.

I’m speechless with shock.

I have met her mother many, many times.
She was a wonderful mother who supported Mao-chan.

Everyone, until Mao-chan returns to the rink, let’s give her some space. Please.

From the bottom of my heart, I pray that she rests in peace.

And here’s the second one, after Mao announced she’d compete at Nationals.

http://ameblo.jp/kenjimiyamoto/entry-11105253717.html

Japan National Championships

Mao-chan announced that she would participate in the Japan National Championships.

People around me are probably making all kinds of predictions.
“Try your best at Nationals!”
That’s not the case!
Just the fact that she is competing shows that she’s trying her best.

Everyone, please watch over her warmly.

I think skating is painful for her now.
It’s only natural.
But I believe that sometime, the day will come when skating saves her.

I agree with Miyamoto-san....I bet skating is quite painful for her now, and I also hope that one day soon it will be a source of comfort instead of a painful reminder of her loss... Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm among the many people who started crying while reading Mao and Mai's statements. It's a testament to Kyoko-san that they ended up such strong, brave, beautiful people.

It's heartbreaking to read not only that she had been hoping and praying her mother was okay the entire plane ride, still hoping after she got her father's message, but also that she carried the fear that her mother could go any day with her for 6 months.

I think sapphiresky and Batsuchan have a point in their worries for Mao. I also think, though, that skating may help her. First of all, it can be an outlet for her, a way for her to let out the pain and anger and sadness so it doesn't build up too much inside. When I was going through tough times (though definitely not nearly as difficult as this is for Mao), I would feel horrible until I went to the piano and put everything I was feeling in the music. Afterwards, I felt much better. Second, it'll allow her to see how many people support her. While this may backfire and merely remind her more of her loss like Batsuchan and MaoChan756 said, it might give her more strength to realize how many people are pulling for her. The ovation she'll get at Japan Nationals will be massive, probably unprecedented in all of skating, and it'll most likely be similar at other events, which might be heartening for her. I was reading recently about how Bobby Kennedy was incredibly depressed after his brother John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and it was only until he went on a trip to Japan and received so much support from the people there that he started to feel better and to become his old self. Feeling like there are that many people supporting you can be a huge source of strength. Finally, and most importantly, Mao's mother's biggest wish was for Mao to achieve her dream. Mao promised her she'd do everything she could to achieve it, and I think that if Mao stopped skating, she'd feel enormous, overwhelming guilt later that she didn't do all she could to fulfill her promise.

I'm not saying she should get back on the ice right this second, though, nor am I minimizing the points Batsuchan and sapphiresky made, which I think are legitimate. All I'm saying is that if this is the decision Mao is sticking to, it could end up being a good thing for her.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:23 am

you are welcome (to everyone).

After reading Mai's statement, I really feel both of them are so lucky to have each other.
when Mao traveled with fear of losing her mother, Mai was the person always staying with her family. Mao tried very hard to fulfill family's dream, and Mai supported family behind all this.

the other friend in Taiwan discussion forum told me, she read an article about Kyoko-san talking about her two daughters before. actually, Mai was the genius of skating, and she can do every movement, and jumps after you teach her first time. but Mao is the hard-woker. The reason Mao can be so strong is because Mai.

The best part of training in Japan is Mao will meet some other skaters before national championship. first of all, she will meet her training partner, Kozuka, then she may meet kanako, miki (who sometimes training in chokyo with Miyamito san) or maybe akko in Nagoya. so most of them may meet each other before the championship and she can avoid
the awkwardness of meeting ppl reminding her loss. at least I hope so.

other than Japan National Champion, actually they announced that she will stick with original show schedule too, which means she will attend JSC, Nagoya figure skating festival, and Star on Ice (tokyo only) in early January.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

bellarina wrote:
I'm among the many people who started crying while reading Mao and Mai's statements. It's a testament to Kyoko-san that they ended up such strong, brave, beautiful people.

It's heartbreaking to read not only that she had been hoping and praying her mother was okay the entire plane ride, still hoping after she got her father's message, but also that she carried the fear that her mother could go any day with her for 6 months.

I think sapphiresky and Batsuchan have a point in their worries for Mao. I also think, though, that skating may help her. First of all, it can be an outlet for her, a way for her to let out the pain and anger and sadness so it doesn't build up too much inside. When I was going through tough times (though definitely not nearly as difficult as this is for Mao), I would feel horrible until I went to the piano and put everything I was feeling in the music. Afterwards, I felt much better. Second, it'll allow her to see how many people support her. While this may backfire and merely remind her more of her loss like Batsuchan and MaoChan756 said, it might give her more strength to realize how many people are pulling for her. The ovation she'll get at Japan Nationals will be massive, probably unprecedented in all of skating, and it'll most likely be similar at other events, which might be heartening for her. I was reading recently about how Bobby Kennedy was incredibly depressed after his brother John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and it was only until he went on a trip to Japan and received so much support from the people there that he started to feel better and to become his old self. Feeling like there are that many people supporting you can be a huge source of strength. Finally, and most importantly, Mao's mother's biggest wish was for Mao to achieve her dream. Mao promised her she'd do everything she could to achieve it, and I think that if Mao stopped skating, she'd feel enormous, overwhelming guilt later that she didn't do all she could to fulfill her promise.

I'm not saying she should get back on the ice right this second, though, nor am I minimizing the points Batsuchan and sapphiresky made, which I think are legitimate. All I'm saying is that if this is the decision Mao is sticking to, it could end up being a good thing for her.
Well said. Thumbs up! yes, at first skating may be bitter, but then she will find new strength and inspiration in it. Also I think we should do what Mao asked us to do, not only support,but stop feeling worried, stop making sad faces. It will be only harder for her. She has to know she's loved, and let's help her to find her beauty smile again Love
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 am

Please, could anyone tell me where can i read Mai's message?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 am

jkblues wrote:

you can see it at Zakkan's post
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t1075p285-mao-news-the-2011-2012-season

here is full version of Mai, Mao and their father's msg
http://weblog.ctv.co.jp/ehonda/tHuiEWy
here is their father's full msg and I marked the part different from news article.

~お父様からのコメント~
この度は、皆様に大変ご心配をおかけしております。
本来なら、故人が生前お世話になった皆様にも最後のお別れをさせていただかなければならないところ、誠に勝手ながら、生前からの故人の強い希望で、葬儀は家族だけで執り行わさせていただきます。いつまでも皆さんの中に、自慢の娘たち(舞と真央)の元気で美しい母でありたい、という思いもあり、最期の皆さんとの面会は控えさせていただいております。
舞も真央も、母のやすらかに眠っているような顔を見て、やっと 苦しかった闘病生活が終わったことを自分たちなりに納得し、今は気丈にしています。 今後とも、娘たちを温かく見守っていただけますようお願いいたします。

he said "everyone will remember the beautiful, and energetic kyoko, the mother of daughters I proud of (Mai and Mao)" ---> this is the reason he didn't want everyone to see her.
I added "kyoko" in the translation to make it smooth.
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 am

shikure wrote:
jkblues wrote:

you can see it at Zakkan's post
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t1075p285-mao-news-the-2011-2012-season

here is full version of Mai, Mao and their father's msg
http://weblog.ctv.co.jp/ehonda/tHuiEWy
here is their father's full msg and I marked the part different from news article.

~お父様からのコメント~
この度は、皆様に大変ご心配をおかけしております。
本来なら、故人が生前お世話になった皆様にも最後のお別れをさせていただかなければならないところ、誠に勝手ながら、生前からの故人の強い希望で、葬儀は家族だけで執り行わさせていただきます。いつまでも皆さんの中に、自慢の娘たち(舞と真央)の元気で美しい母でありたい、という思いもあり、最期の皆さんとの面会は控えさせていただいております。
舞も真央も、母のやすらかに眠っているような顔を見て、やっと 苦しかった闘病生活が終わったことを自分たちなりに納得し、今は気丈にしています。 今後とも、娘たちを温かく見守っていただけますようお願いいたします。

he said "everyone will remember the beautiful, and energetic kyoko, the mother of daughters I proud of (Mai and Mao)" ---> this is the reason he didn't want everyone to see her.
I added "kyoko" in the translation to make it smooth.

thank you so much shikure, that was a mised post for me Embarassed
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 am

Here is Daisuke's comment
http://uploda.in/img/data/img9337.jpg

"She is really strong (about Mao will back on japan nationals)...she showed us her strong heart.
figure skating without Mao is kind of strange, so I feel very happy myself that I could see her performance.
I think it's better not to say anything to Mao...just stay with her as usual and say something fun things or interesting things to make her feeling better."

And here is Akiko's comment

"I thounght she is really strong. I'm just very happy to skate with her at japan nationals, now."
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 am

this is Daisuke's answer for the question, "what do you want to say Mao when he meet her at natinals?"

"I think it's better not to say anything to Mao...just stay with her as usual and say something fun things or interesting things to make her feeling better."
Back to top Go down
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:59 pm

thaaanks for the article dlnnyc
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Jack Gallagher wrote a piece about Mao and her mom: Mao was blessed with a mother who gave it her all
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 pm

roma wrote:
Jack Gallagher wrote a piece about Mao and her mom: Mao was blessed with a mother who gave it her all

Roma, thank you so much for the link. I didn't expect that the article would be so personal and warm, I had no idea he actually knows Mao and her Mom pretty well. I again had tears in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

roma wrote:

roma, you beat me to it! flower

I'm going to temporarily forgive Jack Gallagher for all his ridiculous comments and the unauthorized use of my translations Evil or Very Mad because he had such touching things to say about Mao and her mother. Mushy Love

Really, I can't believe how amazingly generous and thoughtful this family is. Bawling Mushy Love Love Hearts

On that note, here are some more comments from the Japanese skaters. It's clear that they were all touched by Kyoko-san's affection as well. Mushy Love

From Chris and Cathy Reed:

http://ameblo.jp/reed-icedance-blog/entry-11102759030.html

Sad news

Mao Asada’s mother passed away….

In Japan, every time we saw her, she would worry for us [take care of us] and gave us many words of encouragement…

From the bottom of our hearts, we pray that she rests in peace…Cathy & Chris

And from Narumi Takahashi

http://ameblo.jp/narumi-takahashi/entry-11106432199.html

Final!

[first part omitted]

During this competition, I heard the news that Mao-chan’s mother passed away.
I was shocked.
I think it must be extremely painful for Mao-chan.
Mao-chan’s mother was very sweet to me, and every time we met, she would praise me saying, “Naru-chan, you’re so great.”
I also have had the experience of losing someone very important to me, so I understand Mao’s current feelings very well.
I heard that Mao-chan will compete in Japan Nationals in that state, and I thought Mao-chan is truly, truly amazing.

Narumi

As I said before, it's so reassuring/heartwarming to see the outpouring of concern and love from Team Japan I love you , but I hope that they follow Daisuke's suggestion! Yep! Hopefully, if they treat Mao normally and distract her with their silly antics as usual, she will be able to temporarily forget her situation and focus on doing her best. Cheering

I have to admit, I'm a little worried about how Mao will react to the reaction to the crowd when she appears at Nationals. pale I can only imagine that the cheering will be deafening; I wouldn't even be surprised if they gave her a standing ovation BEFORE she skates. I hope it does not ruin her concentration or cause her to break down on the ice! pale

However, when I shared these concerns with my mom, she said, "Mao's a world champion. She knows how to focus when she needs to." Yep!

GO MAO!!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

I too will forgive some of Gallagher's past articles for now, because I LOVED the little story of the delivery guy blurting out Asada Mao, lol. (if I were the delivery girl, my reaction would've been much, much worse)
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 am

thaaank you soo much for posting this article, I was really surprised to hear that this journalist had meet Mao when she was 15, and his story just confirms what kind of sincere person Mao is...
I really soo look forward too see Mao at nationals again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!   Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2011-2012 Season!
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next