Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011

Go down 
+48
kirakira
Luckyone
Ken Himura
purplemaze
edberg830
josling
Cloviece
haruka25
femariel
☆Genie
sarahjoanne419
ClairDeMao
linglang
aoi88
roma
patknowsbest
sapphiresky
sweetdream
purpledream
jkblues
dangerous_angel_face
kaarolcia
Abdiel
tianrushui
Okami
babayaga
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
bellarina
illani
maowataiyo
cherriee
zarinaballerina
ddmm
emmie
Afsfan
Lady_in_black
ballerinamao
alyssa
chiyori
supportmaoasada
europeanfan
ashcroft1086
Haidogirl
polosatik
shikure
MaoChan756
Batsuchan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 9:46 am

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:02 am

ashcroft1086 wrote:
Finally, a video of Mao's FS.. Very Happy Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mp8RBnMydc&feature=plcp&context=C3ba47b2UDOEgsToPDskJ80Xf4NuWjq-pb_t0c44l2

Thank you!! Many Hearts

maybe not her best program, but it was so gorgeous and touching... I simply love it Wub

btw Mao improved her speed on spins- I love especially the first one Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:03 am

jkblues wrote:
please, someone knows Russian, what did Tarasova said??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Ln2CeFW4s

oh iīve just realized there are japanese subs, but for me is the same Laughing canīt understand them Rolling Eyes
"Mao, find strength in yourself, our treatment is only here (skating) , only here there we can show something,there we can give to people happiness and warmth, you mother dreamed about it. She adored the way you skated"
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:16 am

polosatik wrote:
jkblues wrote:

oh iīve just realized there are japanese subs, but for me is the same Laughing canīt understand them Rolling Eyes
"Mao, find strength in yourself, our treatment is only here (skating) , only here there we can show something,there we can give to people happiness and warmth, you mother dreamed about it. She adored the way you skated"

Bawling

I can't stop crying... Mao won! I'm so happy for her. And her face right at the end of the FS, when she looked up than breathed in and out... I managed not to cry while she skated, but that got to me. Depressed Crying She is so courageous. Every time I will feel sad or exhausted, I will think of Mao and realize how petty and stupid I'm being.

Can't wait to see her skate in the gala tomorrow. Thank you for posting videos and pictures, especially that vid after the medal ceremony. It was nice to see Mao smile like that. It actually reached her eyes this time.
Back to top Go down
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
purplemaze

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:43 am

A huge Congratulations Mao!!! Confetti cheers

You were wonderful! I couldn't imagine how must have been hard competing like "the usual" after all that you have just gone through... Your strength, courage and composure are something very, very special! You inspire not only me but a lot of many, many people. You are truly a gift ! And i wish you many, many wonderful things ahead that you only oh so deserved. Love Hearts

Thank you so much guys for all the links! (⌒0⌒)/~~(^з^)-☆ santa
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:08 am

polosatik wrote:
jkblues wrote:

thank you polosatik,tha was Mamma Tarasova, so kind.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 am

jkblues wrote:

Thank you for the link. Tarasova's words made me cry again. Sad
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:22 am

linglang wrote:

Actually Mao and Sato sensei did a big hug at 2011 4CC, which I still remember vividly, and at 2011 worlds, which I checked YT video. It looks they do not hug this season. I don't know why.

Mr. Sato confessed that when he was looking after Fumie Suguri, he was confused and embarrassed when Fumie hugged him in K&C out of joy and excitement. At first, he wondered how he should react to it as a male coach and later he got used to with it. He accepted that's Fumie. He said it was beyond imagination that a girl student hugs a male coach back then, and vice versa. Anyway, Mr. Sato got trained with hugs thanks to Fumie. Very Happy

Mr. and Mrs. Sato gave an interview to a figure skating magazine after he become Mao's coach. When the interviewer asked why Mr. Sato didn't give the rub & tap on Mao's back as he always did for Taka, Kumiko Sensei burst into laughter and said her husband would be sued for rubbing the back of a girl student. Actually, she was joking and she told that the rub & tap was started by Taka's mom and that's why it's only for Taka.

It may be because I remembered this story, when I saw Risa's coach run his forefinger over her back, actually from neck to back, last night, I felt yuck. Suspect I don't know what it meant and I don't remember he did it every time he sent her off the wall. But, it didn't look nice.

I can't believe I've forgotten about last years 4CC! Embarassed Mao was so happy about her 3A.

I know every team has their own ritual before the skaters goes to the ice, but if someone would do this to me, I'd feel very uncomfortable... not to mention my parents...
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 am

Hi guys, Merry Christmas to all! I'm really happy for Mao, her fifth title is my best xmas gift. Thanks for the links, translations, pictures, it made my day Happy dance
Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:31 am

Congrat Mao Akiko and Kanako. Cheering

Mao look really clam, her jumped first 2A like she is float.

She may make a mistakes, but when I watched her today I keep smiling non stop and feel proud.

I think Akiko deserve first in FS; but I feel Mao receive a bit unfair score on her tes. I don't understand how can she get more negative GOE on Luzt than Kanako Whirly

I know I might be the minority here (who mostly are Taka-Mao shipper and want to see them travel together Hell, no! Many Hearts ) I really think Machida and Mura deserve their place on 4cc. Both of them (especially Machida) are very very good skater and if they are judged fairly should easily place within top 20 in the world. And if they are not represented Japan where there are already 4 top class skaters, their ability would likely put them in world team.

However, with the rules to promote FS popularity rather than promote the development of skating which eliminate skater with lesser reputation out of A competition, both of Machida and Mura have not so much chance to complete in top international event. That why I think JSF did the right thing; as babayaga mentioned this means both of them will have a chance to earn ranking points and improve their reputation with the judge and audience.

I think we as a figure skate fan should be happy about this Wink The more chance for more skates who deserve it; the more figure skate will be diverse and interesting!
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm still melt by Mao's skating at nationals, you know she wasn't tender, she was so light and emotional! I don't know how do you feel guys, but short program becoming my favourite! flower I love Mao's expression there!!!
And while you, Taka-Mao shippers are crying, we Dai-Mao defenders are laughing out, uhaha Twisted Evil Mushy Love Love Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:18 pm

I am seeing just now the results and its great! I am really happy for mao! Smile seeing her to skate again is a pleasure after so much pain she had.

By the way: This was a similar scenario in worlds 2008 when mao got 2 place in both SP and LP but 1st overall flower
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Luckyone wrote:
I am seeing just now the results and its great! I am really happy for mao! Smile seeing her to skate again is a pleasure after so much pain she had.

By the way: This was a similar scenario in worlds 2008 when mao got 2 place in both SP and LP but 1st overall flower
It also was at 2010 Worlds Razz
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:53 pm

does anyone have the medal ceremony or the press conference that was held after the compettion?
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:01 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
does anyone have the medal ceremony or the press conference that was held after the compettion?
Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3eKIQEQOzI
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:23 pm

thaaanks for the link kirakira it's really nice to have you guys, cause you really are a great help lol Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 6:59 pm

polosatik wrote:
jkblues wrote:

Some of the news articles mentioned that Tarasova had sent Mao a message earlier (privately), but it was so nice of her to take the time out to share her wishes for Mao on TV. Mushy Love Thanks, grandma TAT!! I love you

As for the press conference, Mao said, "Today, the World Championships were decided...err, my participation in Worlds was decided, so I'm very happy. I'm going to try hard to give a much, much better (level-up) performance at Worlds. And I want to work hard to perform a perfect "Liebestraume" since I was unable to do that last year [season]."

And then the reporter had the gall to ask her "What would you like to say to your mother?" (Jeez, did they really have to bring that up??? Very Mad )
But Mao was unfazed (though she did look a bit like she might tear up Mushy Love), and she gave this BEAUTIFUL reply: "I felt like my mom was the closest she's ever been to me at this competition, so I think she'll understand even if I don't say anything." Mushy Love Worship Worship

Shame on you media for trying to elicit some tears. Very Mad Did you see how the cameras went crazy after the reporter asked that question?? Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, onto happier topics!

I second ballerinamao in thanking kirakira! Thank you! I haven't seen you around recently, but I was really hoping you'd show up and share all those wonderful picture links with us!! So THANKS!!! Confetti
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:16 pm

kirakira wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Smile

Here's a rough translation of Mao's interview:

Q: How are you feeling right now?
A: Yes...hmm...I'm happy. Yes. [From the way she hesitated, I bet she's still thinking about how mad she is that she messed up that 3Lo. Sweatdrop ]
Q: I've seen a lot of people give you hugs and talk to you--what did they say?
A: They told me "Congratulations."
Q: How did you feel when they said that?
A: Well, I'm very happy that I was able to end 2011 with a win. [She seems to be stumbling over her words more than usual, here and at the press conference. PLEASE HAVE A GOOD REST AFTER THIS, MAO!! Neutral ]
Q: I'm sure there were some things in your performance that you weren't pleased with, so what kind of performance will you aim to do going forward?
A: I definitely want to land the triple axel, which was gradually getting better in today's practice session. Other than that, once again, I want to focus and pull myself together...there are still other competitions, so I want to pull myself together and try hard.
Q: Did the experience of this competition have any [special] meaning for you?
A: Hmm...At this competition, I think I was able to execute the things that I can do right now, but at the next competition, I will try my best to 'level up' [do more].

My poor girl looked so beautiful and yet soo fragile and weary here. Mushy Love
Please, please take some time to rest and grieve and relax... You absolutely deserve it! Yep!

Now that I'm watching the Team Japan line-up thing for the 3rd time, I realize that Mao's first instinct was to go stand in front of Taka-chan.... Who, me? Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks for the translation Batsuchan Wub
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't plan to cry over the same thing but I need to say this once then move on.
about the 4cc assignment, I think JSF can let young talent go to the competition. that is totally fine. I also want Dice has chance to shine especially he has good 4S and he can land 4T too.

There is nothing to do with Taka-Mao but the inconsistency of assignment for ladies and men event just make me unhappy. if they are going to assign 1st, 4th, and 5th, they should do that for both ladies and men events. I know those ladies has Jr. worlds assignment, JSF should move to next one to let others have chance. In addition, ppl are so surprised just because they assigned 1st, 2nd and 4th for couple years. when those skaters fight for their spot in nationals, they expect they will get the assignment if they finish at those places.

■小塚崇彦
「今は本当にほっとしています。ですが、ほっとしている時間はないので、世界選手権に向けてしっかり練習していきます。(四大陸選手権には出場しないが?)希望はしていましたが、選抜から外れました」

Actually that made reporters ask Taka about that since he rejected the offer during Olympic season before. ppl may think he rejected that again but not true. he said he wants to go to 4cc but not be assigned. Akko is skater who loves competition, and I don't think she rejected that. everyone wants to try their program before worlds especially most of them will have some adjustments after national.

so anyway, I am so happy for Mao's win and Haruka got her 4cc assignment but JSF's game just makes me sick.

Ps. thanks again Batsuchan~good to have you around sunny
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Ok, I found this article about Nationals that made me tear up again... Bawling
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111226-OHT1T00028.htm

First we heard about TAT, now here is what Machiko Yamada-sensei said...

Translation of the 5th paragraph:

On the 13th, the day after the funeral, [Asada] began practicing again at the Chuukyou University rink in Aichi/Toyota city. That day, when Coach Machiko Yamada (who coached Mao until she was 15) called out to her at the rink, Mao burst out crying. "Up until now, Mama was always next to me, but from now on, she will be inside me." [Mao said] Then, when Coach Yamada said, "In that case, it's not 'Mao,' but 'MaMao," Mao replied, "Yes, 'MaMao.'" After that, she was able to concentrate on practicing without crying. Tsuguhiko Kozuka (65) recalled, "she didn't say a word about her mother, and skated silently."

MaMao forever!!!! Cheering Cheering Bawling
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Ok, I found this article about Nationals that made me tear up again... Bawling
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20111226-OHT1T00028.htm

First we heard about TAT, now here is what Machiko Yamada-sensei said...

Translation of the 5th paragraph:

On the 13th, the day after the funeral, [Asada] began practicing again at the Chuukyou University rink in Aichi/Toyota city. That day, when Coach Machiko Yamada (who coached Mao until she was 15) called out to her at the rink, Mao burst out crying. "Up until now, Mama was always next to me, but from now on, she will be inside me." [Mao said] Then, when Coach Yamada said, "In that case, it's not 'Mao,' but 'MaMao," Mao replied, "Yes, 'MaMao.'" After that, she was able to concentrate on practicing without crying. Tsuguhiko Kozuka (65) recalled, "she didn't say a word about her mother, and skated silently."

MaMao forever!!!! Cheering Cheering Bawling

I remember that they said when Mao was back on ice, the day coach Sato was not around. she was training with Mr. Tsuguhiko Kozuka. you just can imagine the situation that everyone was so careful not making her cry. on the other hand, she was holding on there and didn't want ppl worry about her.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
kirakira wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Smile

Here's a rough translation of Mao's interview:

Q: How are you feeling right now?
A: Yes...hmm...I'm happy. Yes. [From the way she hesitated, I bet she's still thinking about how mad she is that she messed up that 3Lo. ]
Q: I've seen a lot of people give you hugs and talk to you--what did they say?
A: They told me "Congratulations."
Q: How did you feel when they said that?
A: Well, I'm very happy that I was able to end 2011 with a win. [She seems to be stumbling over her words more than usual, here and at the press conference. PLEASE HAVE A GOOD REST AFTER THIS, MAO!! Neutral ]
Q: I'm sure there were some things in your performance that you weren't pleased with, so what kind of performance will you aim to do going forward?
A: I definitely want to land the triple axel, which was gradually getting better in today's practice session. Other than that, once again, I want to focus and pull myself together...there are still other competitions, so I want to pull myself together and try hard.
Q: Did the experience of this competition have any [special] meaning for you?
A: Hmm...At this competition, I think I was able to execute the things that I can do right now, but at the next competition, I will try my best to 'level up' [do more].

My poor girl looked so beautiful and yet soo fragile and weary here. Mushy Love
Please, please take some time to rest and grieve and relax... You absolutely deserve it! Yep!

Now that I'm watching the Team Japan line-up thing for the 3rd time, I realize that Mao's first instinct was to go stand in front of Taka-chan.... Who, me? Too sweet!

Thank you so much for the translation!
Back to top Go down
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
supportmaoasada

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0-OrBzDWo

Mao, Akiko & Kanako are so cute in the video.
They tried to warm their hands as it is so cold near the rink.
I wonder what they were talking about. Question
cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:41 pm

supportmaoasada wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0-OrBzDWo

Mao, Akiko & Kanako are so cute in the video.
They tried to warm their hands as it is so cold near the rink.
I wonder what they were talking about. Question
cheers cheers

Thank you for the video!! They are so cute. Razz

@0:24 Akiko says "Let's have a uchiage at my place." Mao says "I waaaant to!" and Kanako says "I want to, I want to, I want to!!" (Uchiage is a party to celebrate the success of event, project, etc.) I'm sure boys will join them. Mao says in this interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QbZ9JkwCtQ) she wants to spend a relaxing time during new year holidays. I hope all the boys and girls will have wonderful and relaxing holidays!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ivLMrddnA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
@0:05 Taka says "I fell too." Daisuke says "Did you? I fell too. I never imagined I would fall and I was really, really surprised, like OMG!"
@0:17 Daisuke, "Yabai (Awful)! I fell too many times. What a disaster!" Although he looks he doesn't think it's a "disaster" to me. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011   SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS ONLY - Japan Nationals 2011
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next