Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012

Go down 
+14
Alokya
qingshui
Luckyone
alyssa
ballerinamao
bellarina
maowataiyo
Batsuchan
edberg830
Abdiel
bibi
zarinaballerina
shikure
kirakira
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:08 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
bibi wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:
I thinks Mao to get her triple-triple back is more important than her triple axle in the competition. Nowadays, not many top female skaters have consistent triple-triple in the SP.
So if Mao has a clean short program with a triple-triple, she can have a huge lead before entering the long program.

Agree, and this is why I'd prefer if she'd go for 3F-3T instead of 3F-3Lo, because judges tend to downgrade combinations with 3Lo in them.
yes, and if she tries the 3f-3l, she can't do a solo 3l or 3f out of steps, so she has to do either 3lz, 3s or 3t which are not her best jumps. I would rather see her do a 3f-3t and a solo 3l Smile

well that's ofccourse if she decides to put it in the fs, but her 3t is also pretty consistant Mao once said that, that jump is always easily done, she said that after the olympics when her foot got stuck in the ice and therefor didn't do the 3T through it was/is a very easy jump for her!

but I think there might be a bigger chance that mao does the 3f-3lo in the sp since she already is doing a 3f-2l, so upgrading it to a 3f-3lo would mean that she does't need to change the rest of her jump content!

Actually, I was talking about the jump content in the SP. Because if she upgrade it to a 3f-3l she can't do a solo 3l out of steps. What she could do is 3l-3l and 3f. I don't know if that combination is secure enough for her?! Well, I would rather see her do the 3f-3l in the freeskate because it would not cause her to change any of the jumping passes and it doesn't penalize her so much if it is downgraded because she can gain points in so many other elements.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 am

but doing it in the sp could gain her a huge lead from the others. epesially since it's seems to be a very reliable combination. but the same could be said in the Fs but the question then is doing a 3-3 and a 3A in the free which I assume Mao will, would be staminia wise really hard, since just doing the 3a in the beginning already takes alot of strengh. but well this would't be the first time Mao would do both the 3-3 and the 3A in the fs... actually in 2008 Mao had two 3-3 and a 3A the the free, so kowing Mao it's posibble...
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:
I thinks Mao to get her triple-triple back is more important than her triple axle in the competition. Nowadays, not many top female skaters have consistent triple-triple in the SP.
So if Mao has a clean short program with a triple-triple, she can have a huge lead before entering the long program.

Agree, and this is why I'd prefer if she'd go for 3F-3T instead of 3F-3Lo, because judges tend to downgrade combinations with 3Lo in them.

Actually, she could still do the 3Lo out of steps because it's not in combo. She could keep the same layout if she does a 3F-3Lo.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Like a Star @ heaven TV Schedule

1/30 00:50~(JST) Tokai-TV
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

Actually, she could still do the 3Lo out of steps because it's not in combo. She could keep the same layout if she does a 3F-3Lo.

I don't know about that... From what I understand, you can't repeat a jump in the SP. If that's true, than she would have to change her solo triple out of steps in order to do a 3F-3L. Than she'd have to do a 3Lz, 3S or 3T, as bibi said.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:45 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 am

chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

I don't know about that... From what I understand, you can't repeat a jump in the SP. If that's true, than she would have to change her solo triple out of steps in order to do a 3F-3L. Than she'd have to do a 3Lz, 3S or 3T, as bibi said.

chiyori, you are correct. In the sp, you are NOT allowed to repeat the jump, unless you do a combo from the same jump (3T-3T), so Mao would have to put in a different solo triple.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:59 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

chiyori, you are correct. In the sp, you are NOT allowed to repeat the jump, unless you do a combo from the same jump (3T-3T), so Mao would have to put in a different solo triple.

I actually think you can mainly because Patrick Chan, if I remember correctly, did a quad-toe-triple toe and then a solo quad toe at Worlds last year in his short.

Last edited by Alokya on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I was remembering his free skate. Ignore that comment.)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

I actually think you can mainly because Patrick Chan, if I remember correctly, did a quad-toe-triple toe and then a solo quad toe at Worlds last year in his short.

Yes, if you do a quad you can repeat it again, as long as 1 guad is in a combination, however you are not allowed to repeat a triple jump unless you have a combo of the same triples (3T-3T, or 3Lo-3Lo). There are different rules for quads and triples.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

Yes, if you do a quad you can repeat it again, as long as 1 guad is in a combination, however you are not allowed to repeat a triple jump unless you have a combo of the same triples (3T-3T, or 3Lo-3Lo). There are different rules for quads and triples.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! Do you think Mao is solid enough on her triple lutz to do one in her short? However, didn't Sato say that they were keeping the same layout? Hm.
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
patknowsbest

patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! Do you think Mao is solid enough on her triple lutz to do one in her short? However, didn't Sato say that they were keeping the same layout? Hm.

i think mao's lutz is still a little bit on the edge, figuratively and literally speaking. Razz the judges keep calling an edge error on her lutz. she should choose another jump. maybe a 3A perhaps?? Question
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 am

Alokya wrote:

No problem. there are so many different rules that one gets easily confused. Whirly I feel sorry for the skaters, they just get used to one rule, and the next season they have to change things again. It would be nice, if ISU would keep the same rules, at least for the olympic cycle, and then change things.

I don't think it's a smart strategy to put a triple lutz in her short, because of the edge call she's been getting Suspect . She'd lose points this way. I think we'll see a 3-3 next season. As I said before, IMO, it would be best for her, if she'd do 3F-3T in the short, this way she gets to keep a solo 3Lo, and maybe go for 3F-3Lo in the long.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

No problem. there are so many different rules that one gets easily confused. Whirly I feel sorry for the skaters, they just get used to one rule, and the next season they have to change things again. It would be nice, if ISU would keep the same rules, at least for the olympic cycle, and then change things.

I don't think it's a smart strategy to put a triple lutz in her short, because of the edge call she's been getting Suspect . She'd lose points this way. I think we'll see a 3-3 next season. As I said before, IMO, it would be best for her, if she'd do 3F-3T in the short, this way she gets to keep a solo 3Lo, and maybe go for 3F-3Lo in the long.

but the 3f-3lo is worth more than a 3f-3t and Mao also prefers the 3f-3lo so i totally understand why mao prefers to put a 3f-3lo.. I am just soo happy to see keep challenges herself and is upgrading her arsenal further... it really amazing how may changes she has done the last 2 season, just thinking about how she changed her technique, added all kinds of jumps, and a 2A-3T and now 3f-3lo... I mean this girl never rests really and never takes the easy rode, her determination is really unbelievable... can't wait to see her do the 3A and 3f-3lo in the same program!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:

Actually, Patrick did 4toe-3toe, 3axel and a solo 3flip. I'm really not sure the rules change when there are quads involved. For example, the only skater who did 2 quads in a short program is Kevin Renolds and it was a 4toe and a 4salchow! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:09 pm

The rules are the same for quads and triples.
In the SP, you are not allowed to repeat a triple/quad jump, the only exception being if you repeat the jump in the same combination, like 3T-3T or 3L-3L. You are not allowed to repeat the jump as a solo jump( Mao can't do 3F-3L, 3L and 2A/3A but she could do, for example, 3L-3L, 3F as the solo jump and 2A/3A). In the LP you are allowed to repeat a triple/quad jump only once, but at least one of them must be in combination(but both of them can be, it's the skater's choice). For example, Mao is doing both her 3F in combination, which is perfectly fine. But if you do a solo 3F, the next one must be in combination or else the second solo 3F will receive only 80% of it's value(not to mention that it's still considered a jump combination/sequence so basically the skater remains with only 2 jump combinations/sequences possible.) If a skater repeats a jump for the third time, the jump(or the whole combination if that jump is done in combination) gets no points(look, for example, at Nobunari Oda's protocol from 2011 worlds LP. He planned 4T-3T but only managed 3T-3T; the next combo planned, and executed was 3A-3T but he was not allowed to do a third 3T. He should have tried only 3A-2T. By doing 3A-3T he got no points for this combo and lost the bronze medal).
Double jumps are not restricted in the LP, with the exception of the 2A. Only two 2A are allowed(starting from 2010-2011 season) but both can be solo jumps.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

bibi you're right. Looks like I got confused as well. Embarassed A skater (men) is allowed to do two quads, but one of those must be in a combo and the other must be different. Kevin is the only skater who's done that? I thought Joubert did as well (in his prime years).

Lady_in_black thank you for explaining in such detail! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am

I think Javier Fernandez is trying to get two quads into his programs this season in his short. We'll see what happens...
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
bibi you're right. Looks like I got confused as well. Embarassed A skater (men) is allowed to do two quads, but one of those must be in a combo and the other must be different. Kevin is the only skater who's done that? I thought Joubert did as well (in his prime years).

Lady_in_black thank you for explaining in such detail! Thank you!

Your welcome flower
You are right, only Kevin managed to land two quads in the SP. There are others who managed to land 3 quads in the LP, the first was Timothy Goebel(also the first one to land a 4Salchow in combination) at 2002 Olympics. Brian Joubert did it too at at a GP event(one solo 4T, one 4T in combination and one 4S), I think is was in Russia. I don't remember others right now
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 am

When will be the official broadcasting for Nagoya festival?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 am

alyssa wrote:
When will be the official broadcasting for Nagoya festival?

Not for awhile, unfortunately. Here's the info from kirakira:

kirakira wrote:
Like a Star @ heaven TV Schedule

1/30 00:50~(JST) Tokai-TV
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 am

Thank you shikure Smile
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:40 am

They made a mess with camera angles. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Taka https://youtu.be/zmlN07R6ePo

https://youtu.be/-lLhqX-WQI4 some other fluffs (? sorry I can't check it in office)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012   Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nagoya Figure Skating Festival 2012
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2