Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirai Nagasu

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Peter Murray, author of the figure skating website Blazing Blades, just posted this on facebook:

Tweets from: Philip Hersh @olyphil

Frank Carroll just told me he is no longer working with Mirai Nagasu. Reasons logistical - too far for her to rink where Carroll teaches.

Carroll on Nagasu: "The 2-hour drive each way was too much. She was exhausted by the time she got here."

Nagasu apparently will work with several coaches at Pickwick - close to home - including Weldy Olson, Jere Michael, Craig Heath, Alex Chang

This really isn't surprising news since his rink was so far away from her. I hope that she can find a training situation that suits her and helps her to have a successful season next year.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm

I honestly wish she would just move to Lake Arrowhead to work with Rafael. She is nineteen, and she can live by herself in an apartment up there.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Alokya wrote:
I honestly wish she would just move to Lake Arrowhead to work with Rafael. She is nineteen, and she can live by herself in an apartment up there.

That's my first thought too. He could be great for her.
Back to top Go down
skating_fanatic

skating_fanatic

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Alokya wrote:

I completely agree. He is a great coach and choreographer and could really do wonders for her skating.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:45 am

Alokya wrote:

I was hoping for this ever since I heard that she's been working with Rafael part time. And according to Mirai, she liked working with him.
I don't know if this was just a rumour, but some time ago, I read on one of the forums (I think it was FSU) that Frank offered to find Mirai a family she could stay with close to his rink, but her mom said no.
It's a shame, she isn't going to Rafael, he really is a great coach...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirai Nagasu
Page 1 of 1