Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirai Nagasu

Go down 
+16
zarinaballerina
babayaga
europeanfan
swan
Alokya
Okami
illani
aoi88
mingming
zakkan
ballerinamao
Star85
midnightfrostifyx
Figure_skating_love
bellarina
FatiniAdlina
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 pm

hello~

just recently i started to like mirai and wanted to give my opinions on her world 2010 SP....i thought it was remarkable!...her spins are fast and almost centered...she barely traveled!...she is also very flexible, i mean look at her layback ina bauer...if she didnt make so much mistakes on her FP, she might have medalled.....

what do u guys think?
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:45 pm

I love Mirai. She's my second favorite skater after Mao. I think she's the complete package- she has amazing spins (especially that layback-->Beillmann, wow!) and spirals, good jumps (and she's working on her underrotations-they've already improved so much in a year), and she just is complete joy on the ice. I don't find anything forced or fake about her presentation at all (unlike other skaters, but I won't go into that)- she is just pure joy, plain and simple. I think she's less mature than Mao expressively for sure (just watch Mao's Ballade after you watch Mirai and you'll see what I mean), but I'm sure Mirai will mature more over time. She's going to be a real threat. I agree that she would have gotten a medal if she hadn't messed up her Worlds FP, and I think she even had a real shot at the gold. I think she just needs to work on her jumps and getting a stable 3-3 back, and she'll definitely be a contender in 2014.

Btw, FatiniAdlina, welcome to the forum! Have you introduced yourself in the Newbies section yet? If you do that, the others will know you're new and give you a warm welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:09 pm

bellarina wrote:

Btw, FatiniAdlina, welcome to the forum! Have you introduced yourself in the Newbies section yet? If you do that, the others will know you're new and give you a warm welcome Smile

Excuse me for not sating Welcome cheers

Mirai is the third skater on my list of Favorites after Mao and Yuna. I really want to see her medal at worlds this year Was very disappointed when she messed up her LP at 2010 worlds Depressed Crying

Still kind of annoyed me how Yuna had quite a few mistakes and still took second... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:23 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Excuse me for not sating Welcome cheers

Mirai is the third skater on my list of Favorites after Mao and Yuna. I really want to see her medal at worlds this year Was very disappointed when she messed up her LP at 2010 worlds Depressed Crying

Still kind of annoyed me how Yuna had quite a few mistakes and still took second... Rolling Eyes

i dont mind about the welcome but thanks Very Happy Very Happy

mirai is my 2nd fav skater ....she's cute and still young...only 16 and got 4th in the olympic is something...her petite body helps her spin fast..her jumps can be improve but it's good.....she placed 1st for the SP and that's a good sign for her...though i think mao's SP scores are quiet low (68 or something like that right?) and a bit unfair....someone said that if mao did the same mistakes as yuna had, she might have gotten no more than 50++ while yuna can still mantain a 70++ score.....sorry i've gotten off-topic.....well anyway mirai have a big shot for the next olympic.... Cheering
Back to top Go down
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 pm

mirai is also my second favorite skater! i love her quick/neat quality technique along with her cute-easy going attitude. i would have liked to see her medal at worlds =( i was soo happy for her in vancouver even though she got 4th, thats a really great accomplishment for someone her age coming into her first olympics. i think she will do amazing this coming season now coming back from a shaky 08-09 and an okay 09-10 season. [/img]
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Mirai is my second favorite skater too! lol. If she stays uninjured, and she continues to improve and stay on the same track she was on last season, she will definitely be a contender at the next olympics. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she starts medaling at worlds from now on. Hope she does!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:19 am

I think mirai is great she has great spins, but her jumps are a little inconsistent, but she has a lot of time to improve that, she also need's to learn how to handle pressure even through she is so young and still doesn't have as much pressure as the top skater's it's clearly hard for her to handle it. when that is said she is simply a joy to watch and I think when her jumps improve a little and she get's hold of her emotion she could be quite the competitor definitly a contender at the next olympics... and she is MUCH better then rachel flatt... lol!
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:02 am

Mirai out from Japan Open、because of an injury.
take good care of yourself, mirai!!!
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 am

Mirai interview
http://absoluteskating.com/interviews/2010mirainagasu.html

You listed on your website the skaters you admire and Mao Asada is also amongst them. Has your admiration to her changed somehow now that you compete against each other?

Mirai:I’ve always admired Michelle Kwan and I’ve always admired Mao as well. She is the perfect definition of an athlete, because she is showing right now that she is in a bit of a slump, but she is working hard to get out of it. But athletes have their ups and downs, and she’ll definitely be back, because she is just a great athlete. It’s weird because I don’t know if I’m competing against her, because I feel like when you come to competition, you have to compete against yourself. It’s not speed skating, where you can trip the other skaters. There is no point in wishing her something bad, and I definitely don’t do that to my other competitors, I just come here to skate my best and do my job. Mao is just a great athlete, because she can do the triple axel. If I were in her situation, I wouldn’t even be here, so she is showing she is courageous as an athlete to just be here. I just wish her all the best.
Mushy Love Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 am

mingming wrote:
Mirai interview

You listed on your website the skaters you admire and Mao Asada is also amongst them. Has your admiration to her changed somehow now that you compete against each other?

Mirai:I’ve always admired Michelle Kwan and I’ve always admired Mao as well. She is the perfect definition of an athlete, because she is showing right now that she is in a bit of a slump, but she is working hard to get out of it. But athletes have their ups and downs, and she’ll definitely be back, because she is just a great athlete. It’s weird because I don’t know if I’m competing against her, because I feel like when you come to competition, you have to compete against yourself. It’s not speed skating, where you can trip the other skaters. There is no point in wishing her something bad, and I definitely don’t do that to my other competitors, I just come here to skate my best and do my job. Mao is just a great athlete, because she can do the triple axel. If I were in her situation, I wouldn’t even be here, so she is showing she is courageous as an athlete to just be here. I just wish her all the best.
Mushy Love Love Hearts

Thanks Mingming! Such nice words from Mirai! She's such a sweetheart. Wub I have to add this to my quotes thread.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:52 pm

mingming wrote:
Mirai interview

Mushy Love Love Hearts

Now that's what I call a great attitude! (I had to laugh at her mention of speed skaters tripping each other—ahhh short track... Laugh)

It's so great that Mao is respected and loved by so many of her peers. Wub
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 am

Thanks for the link, mingming! Daisies for you

That was a great interview. I love Mirai's attitude. Yep!

I wish she'd tried working with Tom Dickson or Sebastien Britten next year. She has a snappy style that I think would work with Tom's or Britten's choreo well. Lori's programs were good for Mirai, but I think she's running out of ideas after working with Mirai for so long and it would be good if Mirai tried something new for a season or two. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Mirai is the reason I even got into figure skating this summer. I started watching Mirai's programs, then Yu-Na's, then Mao's, and then I got completely hooked with Mao's style! That's not going to change - but Mirai is so lovely, cute, and fresh. The second she gets her inconsistency issues with jumps and the timing of her programs consistent each time (that was a lot of her issue at worlds, I felt, she just lost the timing and her motions did not make sense most of the time), she will be a major contender with Mao, Yu-Na, Kanako, etc. I look forward to watching her at US Nationals in a couple weeks!!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Aww how nice! Sounds like Mirai is finally getting a little better at interviews. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Star85 wrote:
Aww how nice! Sounds like Mirai is finally getting a little better at interviews. lol.

oh was she horrible at them before? did she ever produce a questionable or controversial interview? if she did, i think it may be due to her innocence.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 pm

swan wrote:

oh was she horrible at them before? did she ever produce a questionable or controversial interview? if she did, i think it may be due to her innocence.

controversial? No- I'd rather say they are funny Laugh I like her spontaneous interviews
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm

And when she was asked what she changed from Nationals at an Olympics press conference, she went, "I'm going to attempt a quad.....just kidding." Laugh

I love Mirai. I'm glad she's working on controlling/handling her nerves - that's probably her biggest weakness at this point. She made huge strides last year - usually when she was last in the free program, she'd implode, but she went last at both Nationals and the Olympics and was stellar. Hope she was able to learn from those experiences and is able to keep the same feeling going into Nationals and hopefully Worlds this year. Very Happy

By the way, have you guys seen this? The cutest little boy tries to imitate Mirai's short program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D72Vq2IOH2Q So adorable/funny, especially 0:51 hehehe.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 pm

rachael and me, we're just going to blow them away, bang bang bang hahaha yeah the bang bang bang part was pretty spontaneous i hope she never changes
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:31 am

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 am

I really like Mirai's programs. can't wait to see them at grand prix, with two more months of work, they'll be great.
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:15 am

I don't know why, but I see a potential in this Spartacus free. I can be greater than her Geisha program and maybe even greater than Carmen.
Such mature music, it's new for Mirai.

As for SP - that's Mirai I love! Sparkling, charming, attacking. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Thank you babayaga! Thumbs up!

Mirai looks like she's off to a good start. I prefer the tango program a little over her free, but I think that's because she's had the short under her belt a little longer. Smile
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

still no 3-3 confused though maybe she's saving it...
But anyways that short program Love Hearts
As Eris mentioned, it's so sparkling and attacking, now that's how a tango program should be done. I wish that Tarasova had realized that when she choreographed Mao's tango. That music was just so depressing ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Mirai at Nisei Week in Little Tokyo Many Hearts
Mirai Nagasu Mirain16
Mirai Nagasu Mirain17
Mirai Nagasu Mirain18
Mirai Nagasu Mirain19
Mirai Nagasu Mirain20

Mirai with Sean Rabbitt Razz
Mirai Nagasu Mirain21
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirai Nagasu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirai Nagasu   Mirai Nagasu Icon_minitime